Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for another "newbie"
Solid State Squad Forums > Pop'n Music > I Really Want To Hurt You
Pages: 1, 2, 3
HikaTen
...yeah. I'm just starting to make my way into the 22-25 range (have cleared all but three of the 9-Line songs I have unlocked), and am looking for someone else around that level and with access to Pop'n 10 to challenge, as that gives me something to work on in the short-term while I'm struggling to break into the mid-20s and don't have the fundage to import any more games. Any takers?
Nomi
We have a fair amount of close songs, but I'm winning by a considerable margin overall. I'd be glad to duke it out for the 20-some range songs we're closer on, though.
HikaTen
^^ cool, that gives me something a little more directed than "get rid of all the 60-70k scores" and "fill in every score I can pull off" to work on... stupid 5-line scores I have to work through >_<

Edit: After today's run, I'm at least closer than having 7 wins...

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
NOMI Victories: 46
HNT Victories: 32
NOMI WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 12 over 7
9-Line - 34 over 18
Hyper - 5 over 2
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
NOMI Total: 7000379
HNT Total: 6859362
NOMI WINS!
Difference = 141017
skullie
I think I'm around your range. I just started playing Pop'n recently, and the highest song I beat was 009 hyper after a few practice runs.. but other than that I can't really clear much above 25. Other than that my main problem is that I don't really have enough room in my computer room here to allow this bigass controller to fit in it, so it's hard for me to put up scores as I go. But I'll try to bring my PS2 in here later today and throw up some of my records screen scores.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I brought the controller in here and I'm doing 31s pretty reliably. Maybe it's my cushy chair.
biabia
You're doin better than me. I been playing about 2 days now total and I have only cleared 6 songs. Any tips for someone newer than you who seems to be picking it up kind of slow? (other than practice, practice, practice!)
Nomi
If you're having trouble getting familiar with the key placement, play a little bit of 5-line. I did that to orient myself with the buttons, their sensitivity and the general feel. Once you nail that down, start to work on 9-line. I was a IIDX crossover, so SOME of that skill carried over for me. My biggest problem is still remembering that the center button is on the BOTTOM, because the IIDXer in me tries to hit top when I think center.

The only real fight in the beginning is just getting used to where the buttons are and making your brain reigster what color is where. Once you get that down, things will improve rather quickly. Just find easy songs and play them over and over until you're confident with how everything is set up, the basics of the game. Practice really is all ya' can do.

If you're bad with the colors or play IIDX at all, Beat-Pop might help you a tiny bit, but I don't suggest you use it anyway.
HikaTen
Something else that has helped me with a few of the songs that have been a little harder for me is going into training mode and playing the song on the skill level I'm working on, with autoplay on. It helps a lot to be able to just listen to the song and figure out which sounds are keyed and what the song is supposed to sound like. Also fun to get my rhythmically inept brother in front of the TV and have the game autoplay Grunge-Des EX so I can watch his facial expression when the jackhammering starts.

Oh, and one of my IIDX-playing friends told me that he found that it made Pop'n a bit easier for him to figure out in the beginning if he thought of blue as center and treated white/yellow like the scratch disc. I don't play IIDX (yet), so I'm not entirely sure what that means, but...

>_< The only Bemani I'll get to take a crack at before Friday is DDR, dammit... That's what I got Pop'n to break myself away from...
neotatsujin01
hika ten! our sigs are almost identical! only you probably have better scores than me regardless...........sleep.gif

im new too. so if you want to battle. you can contact me through this but if you want to you can also aim me lilspideyIV. i think we are almost even.
HikaTen
Hey Nomi, you might want to update some scores or something... there's not many left that you're beating me on...
patrick
i'd also be up for competing. i was up in the high 20s, low 30s, but i haven't been playing much lately, and now i can barely pass 27s...
HikaTen
That's OK; I still haven't managed to get anything over a 24 yet... should have a little more luck in a week or two when 8 and 9 show up so I have more songs, but...

Anyways, it looks like I'm placing a little above you battle-wise, though that may be partially because I've been playing the hell out of all the song/difficulty combinations I can pass since there's still an awful lot I can't. We'll see what happens there once I've got Pop'n 9 so I've got scores to go against a little bigger part of your tables.
HikaTen
OK... I now have access to PNM 8 and 9, so anyone who wants to add themselves to this little group but doesn't have 10, go for it.

**goes off to take the plastic wrappers off the new PNM games**
svenyip
I'm probably a good comparison point for any other "Newbie with aspirations of Veteranhood" (is that a word?) out there. I haven't cleared anything above a 25 yet, and any song that's more complicated than "melody with one hand, single note on the other" is beyond me. (You wouldn't BELIEVE how many tries it took me to finally get through Pop'n Music The Ride in 10. Heh.)

Also, due in part to blundering into "Best Hits" for cheap and wanting to have more games to increase my bar graphs on tongue.gif , I now have access to every Pop'n Version on the PS2, and have entered scores for all the songs on 9-Line. So no matter what version you own, you can use me as a point of reference - I've been playing for a little over a month now, fairly extensively during that time.

Looking at my graphs, you'd think I had a clue how to play the game ... but I expect that to all fall apart once I start attempting Hypers and (ew) EXs. I'm not proud - if I score 30K on a song, I'll put it up in all its glory. Nothing like incentive to improve on a song. laugh.gif
HikaTen
heh... so you've been at it for about as long as me... and I think I have an idea of how many tries it took you to clear Pop'n Music The Ride; I couldn't pull it off until I was successfully clearing 18's on a regular basis (still go at it in an attempt to PC it every once in a while; I'm up to 95k and full-combo, but I still haven't quite got the timing for some of the junk there down).

^^ I cleared my first 25+ yesterday, which was neat... Though to be honest, Swedish Long doesn't really feel like a 25+, it's just long and has some ugly batches of pop-kuns in a couple places.

**sigh** Pop'n 9 free-mode bugs me. I went in after getting an unlock expecting to just be able to do a single song play on that one song before shutting down for the night, and discovered that I can't play things in Free until I've played them in Arcade. A tad irksome.

But yeah, my graph should get a bit more populated over the next couple of weeks. Which will be nice. More songs is good.
svenyip
QUOTE(HikaTen @ Feb 9 2005, 03:44 PM)
**sigh**  Pop'n 9 free-mode bugs me.  I went in after getting an unlock expecting to just be able to do a single song play on that one song before shutting down for the night, and discovered that I can't play things in Free until I've played them in Arcade.  A tad irksome.

Nodnod. I think all the PS2 versions are like that - until you've played them in Arcade, you can't play them in Free. Pop'n 7 was the most frustrating for me - partially because it was the last game I was playing, so a lot of the songs were 'redundant,' and partially because the unlock system in that is ... vague. At least with Gambler de Z, once you get the timing down, you should be able to "triple 6" the dice on a regular basis.

Me, I was clearing some 22s and still couldn't get through The Ride. Not all songs are created equal, obviously. (As seen by the fact that I can clear Special Cooking 9-Line, which is technically a 27 I think, but I'm still shaky on "Craze For You," the obnoxious 20 from Pop'n 10.) Eventually, I just sat down and took a half-hour to FORCE my way through it, more by memorization than by skill. Haven't tried it since to see if it's any more intuitive now.

Tomorrow I'll go flub more 23+ Hypers and increase my "70K and under" part of the graph. biggrin.gif
HikaTen
heh... I don't get any PNM in again until friday... >_< I don't get much on wednesdays or thursdays, which is a tad irritating. And I cleared Special Cooking [9] on my first try at it, though I thought it was a 24... maybe the number is different between 8 and 9, though. I don't have it unlocked on 8 yet. And yes, Japameta sucks. Hiprock 2 also sucks if you're attempting to be somewhat quiet when playing and it's the first time you've attempted the song.

;_; I wish it didn't look like I'm going to have to clear a run through Gambler de Z to take a crack at Sympathy Long; stupid random unlock systems bug me. I like structure to my unlocks, dammit!

I worked out pretty early how to do Pop'n Music The Ride; it was more an issue of not having trained my hands to do different things at the same time yet when I first attempted it.

...I wish I had a little more money on hand at the moment; I still need to pick up 7 and BH! so I can get that last batch of songs. I wish I could afford to get things figured out so I could play the PSone versions, too; there's even more songs there (though I imagine that most of the non-license ones will eventually make their ways to the PS2).
svenyip
QUOTE(HikaTen)
I wish it didn't look like I'm going to have to clear a run through Gambler de Z to take a crack at Sympathy Long; stupid random unlock systems bug me.  I like structure to my unlocks, dammit!

Actually, the various "boss fights" in the Gambler de Z unlock system will just unlock that respective songs Hyper or EX version as applicable. If the "Powers of Random" haven't blessed you with unlocking the actual SONG yet, you still won't be able to play it until you find the song. (At least I think that's how it works.)

Really infuriating, too - I first got Pop'n 9 back in April, and Sympathy Long and Emotional were my favorite songs. Then I lost interest and, for whatever reason, nuked my save. Gave it another chance this year and Pop'n finally "clicked" with me, but Sympathy Long was one of my LAST unlocks the second time around as punishment biggrin.gif

QUOTE(HikaTen)
...I wish I had a little more money on hand at the moment; I still need to pick up 7 and BH! so I can get that last batch of songs.  I wish I could afford to get things figured out so I could play the PSone versions, too; there's even more songs there (though I imagine that most of the non-license ones will eventually make their ways to the PS2).

I wish there was ANYONE else in the area I knew that was into Bemani. I've 'invested' a small fortune in DDR, IIDX and now Pop'n over the last year and a half - but they're the only games I'll play consistently anymore, so it's all worth it.

And yeah, I wish I could track down at least Pop'n 6, too ... if for no other reason than to have more songs to add to the graph. I'm so easy to please. smile.gif

(Wonders when someone will just tell the two of us to take it to PMs at this rate. Heh.)
OnePhraseBlues
im a noob. and i play on dualshock biggrin.gif and ive cleared all of 9line on popn8 except des-reggae. that song is so retarded sad.gif ive recently started playing popn9 and its not as great as 8. and also i ran into a boss with 20 steps remaining, i beat it and my turn was over. that was like the highest i had ever rolled and it just went away mad.gif so do i qualify for the rivalry?
HikaTen
Sure, get yourself some scores on PNN and you can go at it...

And losing 20 steps is nothing. I caught the Zen-Jazz unlock after getting a 54-step roll, nine steps in. Lost 45 steps on that one.
svenyip
Anyone that can play on a Dualshock and pass pretty much ANYTHING on 9-Line gets my immediate respect. biggrin.gif I have enough trouble "mentally transutf8g" the pop-kuns to the correctly positioned buttons on the correct controller. Whereas a Dual Shock ... I'd be constantly trying to remember, "Okay, is R1 for the Right Yellow, the Right White, or ... ?"

And remember, when trying to roll dice in Pop 'n 9, they aren't random, and always "roll" in the same sequence, with a "1" appearing just AFTER a "6" for both the dice and the multiplier. So if you keep your eye out for the 1 or x1 (they're a distinctive color) and press just before it, you'll be getting 72-step rolls more often than not for each set of three songs. That's usually enough to get through about one floor's worth of travel.

(Edit: Added my 5-Line scores for 9th and 10th styles into the mix ... well, just because. 5 AM insomnia this morning made it seem like a good idea. tongue.gif So I should have scores for pretty much anyone to compare to by now - and anyone who can consistently clear 25s or higher can probably tear me apart.)
Stat1k
I would battle with you Hika, but I am basically relearning the game again after a 6 month absence and don't know how fair it would be, but let me know if you want a friendly competition at popn 10.=)

Same with you svenyip, I think we could get some good out of competing =)
svenyip
QUOTE(Stat1k @ Feb 13 2005, 12:41 AM)
Same with you svenyip, I think we could get some good out of competing =)

At this point, I'm more than willing to compete/compare my scores against pretty much anyone. Makes for a nice incentive to boost scores and hit 100Ks one some of the ones I probably can by this point.

Whereas if I'm just going for raising my 'overall ranking' on a game compared to other people, I'll tend to ignore playing any song that I have over 95K and a 150+ Combo on. The "artificial motivation" to improve just isn't there, then. tongue.gif

At this point, I've managed to clear ALMOST everything 25 or less. There's a few exceptions (songs like Circuit Hyper are still eluding me, and friggin' Skip I have almost 95K on and STILL can't clear). Haven't braved anything 26 or higher on Pop'n 10 yet. On the other hand, since I survived both "Special Ending 2" and "Des-Reggae" on 8 (which are supposedly 29 and 30 respectively), there's got to be at least a FEW of the higher songs I can clear. Not necessarily WELL, but ...

Lesee, at this point:
9-Line - 41 (ST1K) over 33 (YIP)
Hyper - 24 (ST1K) over 6 (YIP)

You're not trouncing me as badly as I expected (hypers notwithstanding laugh.gif ).
Stat1k
As of 10:10 this evening, this is the current standing:

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
YIP Victories: 49
ST1K Victories: 60
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - Draw, 0 wins each.
9-Line - 42 over 32
Hyper - 28 over 7
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
YIP Total: 10231621
ST1K Total: 10371809
ST1K WINS!
Difference = 140188

Looks like we are still pretty much neck and neck...I had to go in and re-establish myself a bit, but there are some scores in there that I am looking forward to improving on =)
Hopefully I'll come back on Tuesday and have alot to work on! Keep up the good work my worthy opponent. =)
HikaTen
Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
ST1K Victories: 94
HNT Victories: 9
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 66 over 9
Hyper - 28 over 0
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
ST1K Total: 9756573
HNT Total: 9170016
ST1K WINS!
Difference = 586557

T_T

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
ST1K Victories: 61
HNT Victories: 24
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 56 over 23
Hyper - 5 over 1
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
ST1K Total: 8612769
HNT Total: 8358676
ST1K WINS!
Difference = 254093

Well, Pop'n 9 isn't quite so bad, especially given that all but one or two of the songs on 9 have only been played once so far (got 8 and 9 same day, more time spent on 8 than 9 so far)... I need to go back and replay all the 10 songs or something. But still... T_T I'm way behind.

Oh, and Svenyip - I'll take a crack at your PNM9 [5] scores once I've got Gambler de Z cleared so I can marathon-mode them the way I did for my PNM10 [5] scores. Kinda looking forward to that, just because it'll mean I have the full unlock set done. Stupid freaking dungeon stomper unlock system... >_< I'm stopped one space away from a Pop'n 10 machine at the moment. It's really going to suck if I pull a 72 on my next round...
svenyip
QUOTE(HikaTen @ Feb 14 2005, 04:25 AM)
It's really going to suck if I pull a 72 on my next round...

It's probably too late to matter now, but you could always have just started Arcade mode, started a song and hit START to auto-fail it (you automatically "pass" your first one), start a second song and auto-fail IT. You'll reach Gambler De Z with a whopping one die to roll, and can only move 1-6 spaces. Would be enough in this case.

Likewise, when fighting the "Boss Songs," you can start an Expert course and hit START to auto-fail it, ending your game right away. You won't get ANY dice, but since you're right next to the boss and don't NEED to move, you'll get to fight it anyway. (If you're anything like me, 'fighting' a boss usually involves failing the song three times in a row, which will defeat the boss and unlock the song anyway.)

... and Stat1k, you can call me a worthy opponent once I get good enough to start putting a dent in some of your HYPER scores. tongue.gif
HikaTen
QUOTE(svenyip @ Feb 14 2005, 03:19 AM)
It's probably too late to matter now, but you could always have just started Arcade mode, started a song and hit START to auto-fail it (you automatically "pass" your first one), start a second song and auto-fail IT.  You'll reach Gambler De Z with a whopping one die to roll, and can only move 1-6 spaces.  Would be enough in this case.

Bleah, I'd rather play the three songs and get the scores and experience. I'll deal with the Gambler de Z tomorrow, as tonight is going to be working on Pop'n 8's unlocks and popuutf8g my Pop'n 8 chart.

Does Pop'n 8 have a marathon mode?
svenyip
If I remember right, Pop'n 8 didn't have a Marathon mode, no. Either that or I didn't unlock everything when I reached 100% in the 'board game.'

And despite everyone complaining about Pop'n 10's "Roulette System," I personally find the end parts of Pop'n 9 even more tedious. I already HAVE all the songs, and can't really motivate to go through two more trips of the dungeon just to unlock an EX I'm not ready to attempt yet, and a Hyper I already HAVE on Pop'n 10.

=================================

Hopefully I'll come back on Tuesday and have alot to work on! Keep up the good work my worthy opponent. =)

Well, since you asked ... smile.gif

Song Battle Comparison:
ST1K Victories: 48 / YIP Victories: 60 --- YIP WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown:
9-Line - 48 over 26 / Hyper - 22 over 12

Score Comparison:
10371809 / 10421487 --- YIP WINS! --- Difference = 49678

I'm still struggling to put a dent in the Hypers, or pretty much anything above a 20 that we've both played. But I cleaned up a lot of the songs that you had a major (5000+) point difference in, and was surprised by how much my scores were able to improve in the process. Gotta love that "improving without realizing it" thing.

Cosmic Hyper, on the other hand, still makes me want to throw the controller through the window. tongue.gif
Stat1k
I have to go to the dentist here in a few, but rest assured that once I get back I am going to get to work on not only unlocking some more songs, but also getting to work knocking down some of those scores...

And you want frustrating?! Carribean Beats [H]!! >_< Ugh... Maybe now that I have Speed 6 it will be easier.
svenyip
Yeah, I had no trouble at least CLEARING Carribean Beats due to Hi-Speed 6. But Cosmic's stupid 'alternating left hand notes' sections turn into Good-fests for me. It's a silent example of how much further I still have to go in this, and why I'm still scared to try most 26+ songs when a 24 can cause me this much grief. biggrin.gif

Anyway, have fun smashing my scores back down. Since I work second-shift, I smash most of my pop-kuns in the late morning/early afternoon ... or at midnight when I get home (assuming the downstairs neighbors are still awake so they won't kill me - I can't imagine "button mashing" sounding very quiet in the still of night).
Stat1k
I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked to have, but I took a couple from you, and got a little closer on a few of your scores...You shouldn't have too much trouble getting back in the lead, but heres how it stands as of now.

Battle Decision
Song Battle Comparison
YIP Victories: 53
ST1K Victories: 59
ST1K WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 42 over 33
Hyper - 24 over 11
Ex - 2 over 0

Score Comparison
YIP Total: 10996857
ST1K Total: 10992399
YIP WINS!
Difference = 4458
svenyip
My efforts today are actually WORSENING my cause. tongue.gif

Played a bunch of the 26s I hadn't attempted yet, cleared several on the first run-through, but my scores are consistently several thousand below yours.

Ah, well. Two steps forward, one step back, and all that. I'll never improve if I stay where I am. And I haven't flooded my graph with 60K scores. (Yet.)
Stat1k
Just to let ya know, I am still playing, I have just been VERY busy. I played a little bit and knocked down some of your scores and added a couple new ones, but some of those 9lines are gonna take a bit of work.
svenyip
Likewise, I'm still kicking out here. After clearing all but one or two of the 27s that Pop'n 10 had to offer, I went on to the 28s ... and got destroyed on EVERY one I tried that wasn't the Castlevania remix. Guess rumors of the 'difficulty jump' around that point aren't exaggerated. smile.gif

Figure I'll give 'em each a second run before posting my low scores on them and giving you even more wins as a result. At the moment, I've gone back to Pop'n 9 to finally finish the last run through the dungeon and try to get all my 9-Line scores there up above 90K.

But with Hip Rock 2 and Oi Punk on there, that may be an effort in futility ...

===========

[EDIT] Well, I went back and used my newfound skills (such as they are) on Pop 'n 10, increasing my scores on a lot of the lower hypers and some 9-Lines I probably could have at least 95K-ed a while back. Now I'm up 78/54, but Core Groove Hyper STILL smacks me silly. (Ended it on the border on my last attempt, but this ain't IIDX. Heh.)
Soldato J
Hey guys, I am kind of new here and been playing since January (got 10+mini-con for Christmas). I am currently at about the 24-25 level (though Special Cooking (27) crept in there too). Anyone game for a battle, let me know. I kind of suck, but we can suck together!

edit:btw, I have 8 and 10...and a Desktop Arcade on the way
HikaTen
Pop'n 10 --
Song Battle Comparison
ACE~ Victories: 24
HNT Victories: 78
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 64 over 11
Hyper - 13 over 12
Ex - Draw, 1 wins each.

Score Comparison
ACE~ Total: 8914715
HNT Total: 9260066
HNT WINS!
Difference = 345351

Pop'n 8 --
Song Battle Comparison
ACE~ Victories: 11
HNT Victories: 96
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 79 over 7
Hyper - 17 over 4
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
ACE~ Total: 9291259
HNT Total: 9858258
HNT WINS!
Difference = 566999

There you go, take some shots at me. I've also got 9 if you want to go after me on that one later on...
Dewgy
Damn, we're close. tongue.gif

Song Battle Comparison
HNT Victories: 63
DWGY Victories: 54
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 4 over 2
9-Line - 57 over 50
Hyper - Draw, 2 wins each.
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
HNT Total: 11863344
DWGY Total: 11526953
HNT WINS!
Difference = 336391
HikaTen
What the....? Oh wait, that's Pop'n 9 scores. >_< I'm working on dealing with your 86/57 lead on 10 at the moment. WE WILL BE TIED ONCE MORE, BWAHAHAHAHA!

...ahem.

Yeah, I need to beat some of your scores again.
Dewgy
Oh... hehe. I thought you had 8 and 9. I'll... have to check that out in a bit. ninja.gif

EDIT: And so I did. You are so screwed when I finish 5-line Marathon on 9th. Hehe. After that I'm putting in all my 5-line scores.
HikaTen
heh. and I won't have any 5-line scores beyond the 10 overlaps for 9 until I get marathon unlocked myself, so... um. yeah.
Dewgy
WE'RE BOTH SCREWED!!!!!!

tongue.gif
HikaTen
Hey, um, Dewgy...? You know all those songs you had higher scores than me on 9...? Um... a lot of them aren't higher scores anymore.

Song Battle Comparison
DWGY Victories: 28
HNT Victories: 90
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 4 over 2
9-Line - 84 over 24
Hyper - Draw, 2 wins each.
Ex - Draw, 0 wins each.

Score Comparison
DWGY Total: 11723731
HNT Total: 12267493
HNT WINS!
Difference = 543762

I haven't gone at Pop'n 10 much today (I'll do that tomorrow), but... you might want to fortify your position.

On a side note, in the short amount of Pop'n 10 I did today, I FINALLY PASSED EFFING GABBA!!!!11!! so I've got every song on [9] that I have access to and that isn't over 28 difficulty cleared. Curse you, Special Ending 2 and Des-Reggae!

**sigh** can't pass anything over about 26 yet, and yet I somehow managed to clear Oba-Q [EX] earlier... WTF.
Dewgy
I've about halved that difference after tonight, and I haven't included any crossover songs from 10. (That I did better on, anyhow.) In any case, nice work. biggrin.gif We seem to be a pretty even match.

For now, though, I must leave Pop'n 10 undefended. I have a rather large amount of coffee (64 oz. happy.gif), and a rather large project to finish for Monday night. And I actually care about this class, so off I go.

EDIT: OK, I took a decent break and fortified 10, although I'm putting in the scores after I post this. Let me just say, you have a <removed> fight ahead of you. Everything except for <removed> in <removed> is <removed> and <removed>. cool.gif

<removed>, on the other hand, is <removed> and <removed>. tongue.gif

EDIT AGAIN: Hehe. Sorry. I have a bad poker face. So, I just kind of blur it out. Best not to let one's strategy known, eh? Besides, it now reads really funny. laugh.gif
HikaTen
QUOTE(Dewgy @ Mar 6 2005, 03:19 AM)
EDIT AGAIN: Hehe. Sorry. I have a bad poker face. So, I just kind of blur it out. Best not to let one's strategy known, eh? Besides, it now reads really funny.  laugh.gif

Meh, how much strategy is there in a Pop'n battle? "If the box is red, turn it blue. If the box is blue and contains a number less than 500, fix it."
Dewgy
DAMN! You've discovered my strategy.
HikaTen
Meh, I use an even simpler one. "Check your score. If score<100k , play the song until you get a new record. Move on to the next song." Achieves the same end result, really, but...

Edit: Oh, you might want to watch out for your Pop'n 10 scores... I got up to the 19s today playing all the songs that I haven't 100k'd yet, and a lot of these songs are coming out with 95k+ scores... I'm back in the lead for the moment, too.
Soldato J
HikaTen, thanks for the reply. Let me have another crack at it........now I have something to shoot for....(you are currently kicking my arse) biggrin.gif
HikaTen
@Dewgy: Now that Remy added the "All CS versions" battle option....

Song Battle Comparison
DWGY Victories: 101
HNT Victories: 129
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
5-Line - 4 over 2
9-Line - 109 over 79
Hyper - 19 over 15
Ex - Draw, 1 wins each.

Score Comparison
DWGY Total: 22995135
HNT Total: 23220112
HNT WINS!
Difference = 224977

@Soldato: Same applies...

Song Battle Comparison
ACE~ Victories: 28
HNT Victories: 178
HNT WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
9-Line - 148 over 10
Hyper - 30 over 16
Ex - 2 over 0

Score Comparison
ACE~ Total: 17964121
HNT Total: 19114741
HNT WINS!
Difference = 1150620
Dewgy
Ooooh, you shall rue the day, HikaTen. Now I have to put in all my scores I've been too lazy to put in!
HikaTen
Heh. Go for it Dewgy, I welcome the challenge.

I think I'll try and fill in my Pop'n8 5-line chart tomorrow (today?). Need to do that. And then more work on Gambler de Z where I have 1.5 runs through the dungeon left before it's cleared and I get marathon mode.
Dewgy
Beautiful. Go Gambler de Z. (I actually thought it was funny. Quick? No. But funny from a conceptual standpoint.)

My Pop'n 9 scores (some of them, anyway) are complete and utter ASS. Nowhere near the calibre of my Pop'n 10 scores. Gotta work on that. tongue.gif

Example: Hyper JPop 2 for me was about a 75k. Just redid it with a 100k. o_O
I really really need to go redo some of those. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.