Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did everybody go?
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Pages: 1, 2, 3
grayfox9996
Just curious who checks this place out still. I haven't had a computer set up for several months right now, but I still take a look once every week or two, and it seems there are fewer and fewer new posts each time I check. Never remember it being THIS dead before. Did all of the chatting move elsewhere, or are people going their separate ways?
BigC
Most IIDX chat migrated to the facebook group, it's pretty active but PW being shut down killed some activity. Personally I'm playing the most IIDX I have ever played in my life right now.

needs some mafia to inject some life here
BigC
also I figure since this site is tied to a CS score tracking site and CS is dead I figured a lot of CS players that posted here just stopped playing
sync
Idk, I'm just kind of lurking. I haven't really been that interested in recent bemani. I only started playing IIDX again over the last few weeks after ignoring it for a year or something.

I was kind of thinking I'd upgrade from my FP7 to a RED, but at $1600 I'd be better off ordering the parts and attempting to build it myself.
Schala
there are quips on irc like once a week or something

maybe SF5 will revive the whole site

yes, the whole site.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Apr 23 2015, 09:30 AM) *
maybe SF5 will revive the whole site

yes, the whole site.

well see you all next year I guess

For real though, seems like AGDQ2015 rolled around and suddenly people started dropping off the face of the earth. Maybe it's just been a rough year for all the s3 crew? Besides all the people on Facebook sounds like.

Personally I haven't played any Bemani in years, but it always felt like this forum had more going for its members than just that connection. Perhaps I am crazy.

(or it was only mafia keeping people here)
Mazrim
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Apr 23 2015, 10:56 PM) *
Personally I haven't played any Bemani in years, but it always felt like this forum had more going for its members than just that connection. Perhaps I am crazy.

You're not wrong (the range of topics in this forum show that), but over time interests change and life just pushes us away from these things. I just don't have the time I used to, so I don't browse internet forums as much any more. Twitter is my only regular connection to this community at this point, which is fine for me. I couldn't be bothered to keep up with Facebook though.

Blue Rain
: <
Tropical Pallete
Maybe when Persona 4 Dancing All Night comes out, someone will post about how much they miss Akira Yamaoka in Bemani games when they play his song. (I already preordered the Japanese version.)
grayfox9996
Man I got called "The Beast" and "The Machine" in two separate conversations the other day. I need to play SF4 again when I move into my new place (with real Internet!!!!!!) next week, maybe I've turned into Poongko and Daigo in the interim.
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
hey,
Schala
what's going on?
grayfox9996
whoa hi long time no see
Schala
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Apr 28 2015, 08:15 PM) *
(with real Internet!!!!!!)

same here actually

well, kinda.. haha

lot better than old ISP anyway, melee seems pretty playable (8 frame delay iirc? sure beats official brawl netcode)
Schala
unfortunately sf4 or dolphin or whatever crash amd display driver so if anyone knows what to do on that front (currently updating them to see if anything happens)

could potentially get some matches or lobbies going for some kind of video games on irc or some such technological thingamajigs
grayfox9996
Sounds good. I move in Friday but I work all weekend, so maybe next Monday or Tuesday, so long as Cox comes and sets up on time.

And what video card do you have/how old were your drivers?
rmz
QUOTE (BigC @ Apr 21 2015, 11:43 PM) *
also I figure since this site is tied to a CS score tracking site and CS is dead I figured a lot of CS players that posted here just stopped playing

Basically what happened for me. I still keep track of people through Twitter or Twitch, but there's not much point in spending a ton of time here if I'm not actively playing. I check in maybe once a week or so, though.

Sort of crazy to think about how long this community has been around, and how much everything has changed.
Mazrim
QUOTE (rmz @ May 6 2015, 09:53 AM) *
Sort of crazy to think about how long this community has been around, and how much everything has changed.

93 days until SIRIUS CS for GBA is released!
Prims
QUOTE (BigC @ Apr 21 2015, 11:40 PM) *
Most IIDX chat migrated to the facebook group, it's pretty active but PW being shut down killed some activity. Personally I'm playing the most IIDX I have ever played in my life right now.

do you have to like, Know People to get into the IIDX fb group? I sent a join request but then realized maybe it was actually some secret club or mafia illuminati or something.
Schala
based mazrim rekindling the fire perhaps http://forum.solidstatesquad.com/index.php?showtopic=8216
BLUST OF WIND
I check in every now and then, I usually come here for 2dicks related news since people here are far more reputable and shitpost less in general about these things. I sure do miss my PW though
Prims
also, to answer the OP, I just don't post bc I probably have like nothing in common with everybody here - most people are retired and/or leagues above me in skill. I could post all my dumb BEMANI opinions (i unironically like the song, Scarlet Moon, from the touhou remix event) but who even cares?

I originally joined this place cuz I lurked it a lot while it was on it's last leg as I was just getting into IIDX and all the other sites were some combination of inaccessible/even deader/full of weird people, then by the time I started posting nobody bothered anymore. kind of makes me wish I started playing IIDX back when CS was a thing, except not really because I'd have been like 12 and insufferable.

#MySolidStateSquadStory
Prims
oh that and I didn't want to post because I regretted registering with my typical screen name despite it having negative connotations in a bemani context lmao

but I like Prim now as of HI-FUNK BEATS (which owns) so it's okay.
Mazrim
Don't worry, we all said stupid things a decade ago on this forum. I should probably burn my LiveJournal to the ground for all the dumb shit I said as a teenager, haha.
rmz
QUOTE (Mazrim @ May 6 2015, 08:09 PM) *
Don't worry, we all said stupid things a decade ago on this forum. I should probably burn my LiveJournal to the ground for all the dumb shit I said as a teenager, haha.

It's been kind of fun over this 10-year process to notice a lot of people (myself included, probably) go through this gradual transition from "naive and overly genuine" to "edgy/apathetic cynic" and then to "relatively normal person" as they age.
Schala
QUOTE (rmz @ May 6 2015, 11:12 PM) *
It's been kind of fun over this 10-year process to notice a lot of people (myself included, probably) go through this gradual transition from "naive and overly genuine" to "edgy/apathetic cynic" and then to "relatively normal person" as they age.

glad to see this present in speedrunning community too, with people like murderbydeath amusingly being among the more chill and nice people now

and then there are the people like oni who never grew up and have close to zero people who tolerate them now vOv
he should've been banned in like 2008-2009 at the latest haha
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
scorpion fire
Prims
QUOTE (Prims @ May 6 2015, 05:53 PM) *
do you have to like, Know People to get into the IIDX fb group? I sent a join request but then realized maybe it was actually some secret club or mafia illuminati or something.

nevermind btw I got in and immediately remembered half the people who actively play this game rub me the wrong way. Oh well.
BigC
I've made some bad posts but thankfully not too many. I kind of wish I started posting immediately after I got BMUS.

we all live with regrets
kevin energy
personally, all my posts, are good
please don't go back and read any of them to verify this statement though
Jadin
you guys are all sweeties
Jadin
i'd photoshop an S at the start of a wheaties box to prove it but maybe someone would read it like sweaties instead

iidx does make me sweat though so maybe it still fits
bapple cider vinegar
i grew a lil not much rip

But I was already the best anyway.

grayfox9996
omg I have computer + internet again

lots of people I haven't talked to in a while in here!!! hi. maybe I should get on AIM/IRC??
BLUST OF WIND
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ May 14 2015, 03:24 PM) *

lots of people I haven't talked to in a while in here!!! hi. maybe I should get on AIM/IRC??

grats, great return post
Mazrim
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ May 14 2015, 01:24 PM) *

when are you streaming super metroid
Kirby Kirby Kirby
HI GUYS twitter is pretty cool, forums haven't carried over to the POST-PC WORLD of 2007~ very well
grayfox9996
QUOTE (BLUST OF WIND @ May 14 2015, 12:46 PM) *
grats, great return post

thx thx I missed my computer :<

QUOTE (Mazrim @ May 14 2015, 02:25 PM) *
when are you streaming super metroid

now

(not really now)

(maybe soon though! just not today)

QUOTE (Kirby Kirby Kirby @ May 14 2015, 10:38 PM) *
HI GUYS twitter is pretty cool, forums haven't carried over to the POST-PC WORLD of 2007~ very well

yeah my problem with social media in general is I don't really care to ever say anything so I sort of just disappear on them. I have a facebook and I post things maybe once or twice a year, besides making quippy comments on things that I can relate to that other people post (because I still check it once in a while to see what my friends and family are up to).
WILD RIDE
QUOTE (rmz @ May 6 2015, 11:12 PM) *

I'll get there eventually. I started my first full time job a month ago, but it's an ALT job so it's more like a full time stand around and occasionally speak some English. You have to look busy during the several hours a day you're not in class, so that's kind of a drag.

I'm playing about as much IIDX as I can afford to, as I've not been paid yet. I wish I lived closer to a 3rd Strike arcade, but I guess it could be a lot worse. As of like a year and a half ago I'm all about 3rd Strike, and I think I could get "Japan good" if I were able to play more. Or maybe I'm giving myself way too much credit. I was (accidentally) in a "beginners' tournament" at Game Newton. The winning team was Akagaeru, Talbain and (I forget). Akagaeru is like, top 10 Alex in the world and Talbain has played consistently for like a decade. "Beginners", huh. Got rocked, but my team kept scraping by, so it took up like 2.5 hours I could've spent freeplaying. Got to be on stream though, sorta cool. I won a whole round.
DanAdamKOF
I'm still around.

Anyone in South Bay Area, CA want to come play IIDX or Pop'n or DDR or something? I just moved here and took my whole "garage arcade" with me.
Schala
QUOTE (DanAdamKOF @ May 30 2015, 02:02 AM) *
I'm still around.

You again
grayfox9996
him again
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
click again
DanAdamKOF
I met Chubs and m335h73r the other day.
Schala
QUOTE (DanAdamKOF @ Jun 5 2015, 11:06 PM) *
I met Chubs

sorry to hear that
DanAdamKOF
fine how about

I met Grey and Kay0ss recently
linus
I wonder how's trip machina doing
rmz
I wonder how Azure is doing
grayfox9996
QUOTE (rmz @ Jun 9 2015, 08:55 AM) *
I wonder how Azure is doing

I was honestly going to post that but then I was like "nah most people probably don't remember him."

HOW WRONG I AM
BLUST OF WIND
met a bunch of people at colossalcon the other day, names fail me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.