Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did everybody go?
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BigC
any S3 guys going to anime expo this year if they have beatmania III in the arcade section again you will probably find me there
Buffalo
QUOTE (linus @ Jun 9 2015, 11:34 AM) *
I wonder how's trip machina doing

IIRC, he found his way to Japan actually...

also hello linus, your randoms on LR2 are godlike and i've been using them. smile.gif
over there
Welp, missed it

I still haven't died and still play bemani at big events and at a local arcade. Bought a GF and a DM and have them in there, we've got some other stuff like pop'n and DDR too. I assume most have moved on though.

I tried twitter but it wasn't my thing, just stuck with facebook for social media. I'm in most of the major groups besides IIDX, which I can't stand most of the people who post there unfortunately. At this point I pretty much hang out with locals and talk to other people I've met on fb messenger, I abandoned AIM and Skype.

I think this is the first time I've checked the forums for more than one minute in over a year, hope you're all doing well.
DanAdamKOF

holy fuck overthere.png
BigC
QUOTE (DanAdamKOF @ May 30 2015, 12:02 AM) *
I'm still around.

Anyone in South Bay Area, CA want to come play IIDX or Pop'n or DDR or something? I just moved here and took my whole "garage arcade" with me.

what DDR do you have, this interests me
grayfox9996
I'm gonna be in the LA/IE area in like 2 weeks, who still has decent ITG2 machines around so I can bring my old-ass 32MB flash drive?? I used to go to James Games or the Industry Round One but it's hard to figure out who has what these days without knowing someone there (BigC?).
Deets
Who's goin to evo
grayfox9996
Me.

(not actually me, couldn't afford the time off from work for that plus the Cali trip)

(I always say "next year" but SF5 is maybe the one)
DanAdamKOF
QUOTE (BigC @ Jul 14 2015, 01:10 AM) *
what DDR do you have, this interests me

original "digital" hardware's 3rd-Extreme + extras like Disney and Solo (on one pad without corners) + PC hooked up for goodies

I'm not up and running yet but will be soon! EvilDave modded my pads back in Texas but I haven't tried them out since the move, still there's all new inner sensors on the pads and we rotated around the remaining ones to where they'd help the most.

Will you be in Norcal soon? smile.gif
BigC
oh wait you mean THE bay area south bay and not this south bay https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Bay,_Los_Angeles

well I guess I do want to visit norcal one of these days so if I'm ever up there I'll hit you up lol

QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Jul 14 2015, 08:13 AM) *
I'm gonna be in the LA/IE area in like 2 weeks, who still has decent ITG2 machines around so I can bring my old-ass 32MB flash drive?? I used to go to James Games or the Industry Round One but it's hard to figure out who has what these days without knowing someone there (BigC?).

I don't know what places have ITG in socal but the round1 in city of industry should actually have the latest DDR up and running by the end of the month (It's being advertised as a "location test" interestingly enough, it's gonna be a localized version which probably means translated menus)
grayfox9996
QUOTE (BigC @ Jul 15 2015, 11:58 PM) *
I don't know what places have ITG in socal but the round1 in city of industry should actually have the latest DDR up and running by the end of the month (It's being advertised as a "location test" interestingly enough, it's gonna be a localized version which probably means translated menus)

Oh what, that's kinda cool. As long as they aren't Betson pads I guess I could at least try it out. I'm sure the lines will be kind of stupid for that, though, huh? Gonna be hard to talk my g/f into waiting around for me to play a dancing game (though playing on a legit machine with pads that aren't absolutely fucking terrible - aka everything left in Phoenix area - would be worth it).
BigC
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Jul 16 2015, 07:21 AM) *
Oh what, that's kinda cool. As long as they aren't Betson pads I guess I could at least try it out. I'm sure the lines will be kind of stupid for that, though, huh? Gonna be hard to talk my g/f into waiting around for me to play a dancing game (though playing on a legit machine with pads that aren't absolutely fucking terrible - aka everything left in Phoenix area - would be worth it).

I don't think Betson's involved here (thank God), it's supposedly gonna be one of those recent Japanese white cabs. If you want to avoid lines for DDR maybe Sunday morning when they open would be your best bet, I was there on a Sunday morning recently during the TGM4 location test and it was a ghost town.
DDRaHolic
Hi guys.
DanAdamKOF
QUOTE (DDRaHolic @ Jul 31 2015, 06:20 PM) *
Hi guys.

(5keys) Yo man
gameboyguy13
I don't think anyone will know remember me, as I've been an off-and-on lurker for about 10 years now or so. I never really had a great IIDX setup until the past year though (no modded PS2 in college, HDTV lag after that), when I picked up a CRT. So I'm pretty much late to the party, although I recognize a lot of names. (Also, I edit the wiki every so often.)

A bay area meetup sounds like fun, tbh.
Blue Rain
I keep checking every once in a while just to see if there ever will be lazer dogs cs QQ
Mazrim
QUOTE (Blue Rain @ Aug 23 2015, 12:20 AM) *
I keep checking every once in a while just to see if there ever will be lazer dogs cs QQ

I'd be okay with them just releasing a legit PC version and charge $50 for the newest style as DLC every time they wrapped up unlocks in the arcade.
Prims
let's be real if they make another IIDX CS it'll have an at-home arcade system like CROSSxBEATS' tickets but using PASELI

it'd still probably cost $50
WILD RIDE
Relevant

Schala
lmao i get it
Fake-ass John Travolta
QUOTE (Prims @ May 6 2015, 04:53 PM) *
do you have to like, Know People to get into the IIDX fb group? I sent a join request but then realized maybe it was actually some secret club or mafia illuminati or something.

Most people have a mutual friends in the group or with me but there are a decent amount of requests that have neither. A lot of those are spam accounts and I try to keep that to a minimum so I check the profile out beforehand to get an idea of if it's legit or not. Sometimes it's really easy to tell if it is (anime profile pic or some shit) but others they have nothing public and it's just a guess.
Spooky
spooky
Zerst
o
grayfox9996
QUOTE (Zerst @ Nov 15 2015, 11:22 PM) *
o

o
bapple cider vinegar
happy birthday dkw
Schala
QUOTE (Zerst @ Nov 16 2015, 12:22 AM) *
your ruining it for me [my life]

FIXED THAT FOR YOU LOL

<DKW> Excuse me?
TheKnightOfNee
oh hey guys how goes IIDX

A lot of my "try to be good at games" time has gone towards fighting games instead of IIDX the past few years. I also lived at a place for a couple years that wasn't a good setup for me to play IIDX, but where I am now, it works if I want to play it. So uh, maybe I'll get back into the swing of things sometime.
Trip Machina
Wow, what a nice family reunion (no pun intended)! Solid State Squad will always be my home, hell, sometimes I just start typing this URL without even thinking still. My apologies for my absence, I've also been hanging around ZIV, as some of you may already know.

QUOTE (linus @ Jun 9 2015, 10:34 AM) *
I wonder how's trip machina doing

QUOTE (Buffalo @ Jun 12 2015, 01:51 AM) *

IIRC, he found his way to Japan actually...

Hahaha, actually, I'm close to Japan, but still haven't infiltrated the country yet. I've been studying in Taiwan for the past 2 years, and yes I've been enjoying the latest BEMANI AC here since tricoro's wake, it's good, but it's costly.

QUOTE (Mazrim @ Aug 24 2015, 09:47 AM) *
I'd be okay with them just releasing a legit PC version and charge $50 for the newest style as DLC every time they wrapped up unlocks in the arcade.

Mazrim, I couldn't agree with you more....that would be the best thing and would legitimately make up for Konami leaving us in the dark for 5 years...

QUOTE (Prims @ Aug 24 2015, 05:24 PM) *
let's be real if they make another IIDX CS it'll have an at-home arcade system like CROSSxBEATS' tickets but using PASELI

it'd still probably cost $50

Prim, I couldn't agree with you more as well...beatmaniaIIDX INFINITAS is certainly looking to be like this, and I think you've hit it right on the motherfucking mark. Konami's e-Amusement CLOUD system being the culprit, it truly appears that we'll be dealing with a PASELI-based session/time limited monetization scheme just like their other e-Amusement CLOUD games. From what I've seen, scores will be saved to the server instead of locally, and of course, a persistent internet connection seems to be required to play the game. I hope I'm wrong as fuck, most of my predictions were fruitless.....so why not make this one even more fruitless! Uproot the seeds and burn the fields!!
bapple cider vinegar
I'm... oh
DanAdamKOF
I bought most of SVGL's cabs including the IIDX, Jubeat, Pop'n and Technika 3.
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ May 6 2015, 10:54 PM) *
glad to see this present in speedrunning community too, with people like murderbydeath amusingly being among the more chill and nice people now

and then there are the people like oni who never grew up and have close to zero people who tolerate them now vOv
he should've been banned in like 2008-2009 at the latest haha

yes, without that nefarious darned Oni Pa the meek, upstanding, totally-not-degenerate-rapists on this forum would be free to post their reviews of Bemani albums which ultimately amount to "Wow, just wow, lovely extend, DJ Sotataka K-G.☆ did an amazing job with this one. 8/10, 9/10, 10/10, you know, it's all the same." for every single track

....wait, "never grew up"? Holy piss I thought we'd moved past that kind of ableist content, it's 2016, people *image macro of the skeezy drunkard professor from Community*
Schala
One Niceass Individual
SIKE ninjas i saw that post a long time ago
i responded to it just now cuz i gotta keep up appearances. hashtag penn & teller of shitposting
grayfox9996
oh god I posted this a year ago

so much has changed in a year (and yet so little)

(still no mafia game tho)
sync
I started playing Pop'n. It's got a pretty cool songlist and it's fun. :>
Prims
CS or AC?

I never bother with pop'n because the machines here are off eamuse :<
sync
QUOTE (Prims @ Jun 15 2016, 12:14 AM) *
CS or AC?

I never bother with pop'n because the machines here are off eamuse :<

Sunny Park with a Dao. Don't know about the timing but it seems like I have to hit the buttons a little late instead of early so I'm just rolling with it.

Would love to try real AC someday. Still too bad about PWorld dying off though.
Prims
Oh cool. Yeah Sunny Park has a neat songlist (I like imbolc/angelion a lot), feels like the quality of music took a dive for lapistoria and eclale though, at least to somebody who just listens to OSTs. Although the KAC songs were cool.
DanAdamKOF
Anyone wanna come over on the 25th and play some games?
Mazrim
I'm playing IIDX again but having trouble beating scores I submitted on this site a decade ago rofl

I did hard clear 3y3s [H] so that's okay though
grayfox9996
QUOTE (Mazrim @ Jun 16 2016, 09:52 AM) *
I'm playing IIDX again but having trouble beating scores I submitted on this site a decade ago rofl

I did hard clear 3y3s [H] so that's okay though

Oh man, I played at Mesa Golfland a few weeks ago (I think they have RA?), and I couldn't pass 7s. To be entirely fair, the 1 key on 1p side was intermittently going out, and there was screen lag...but I make no excuses for how bad I am at the game now. Still okay at DDR/ITG though! I was AAing 9s on the Supernova2 cab, surprised myself.
One Niceass Individual
hacked RA has horrible timing drift everywhere....sirius and lincle have better expert courses anyways, doubt you'll find fully unlocked lincle in this day and age though which is a shame
Mazrim
Almost cleared Gigadelic hyper - just need to learn how to read bullshit better...Himiko is never going to happen though. C minus 8 EX score haha how is this an 11. Those are the only Hypers I need to clear on Empress.
DanAdamKOF
Play on Hard and try to farm a nice random for the end, that's how I got it, my random looked a lot like this: http://textage.cc/score/11/gigadel.html?1H...247561301243567
Schala
farm a nice random
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (Mazrim @ Jun 21 2016, 03:55 PM) *
Almost cleared Gigadelic hyper - just need to learn how to read bullshit better...Himiko is never going to happen though. C minus 8 EX score haha how is this an 11. Those are the only Hypers I need to clear on Empress.

pluto DPH is an 11. which is totally fair i think. IIRC i've never gotten a B or better on it, I get a C around 53-54% if I'm trying, probably. By "trying" I mean "wearing a hat and abusing sud+/hispeed change mid-song as much as I can figure out how" though I doubt I've played that song more than maybe 3 times in a row before giving up, so that's not REALLY trying. Imagine playing Mendeus (black another7) for over half an hour trying to get a B on it because it's the only C you have left on singles, and still not being able to get it.

With FHS I could probably get a B on Pluto 14key, but that would require Pluto being on a game with floating hispeed, and I really don't want that to happen

That being said Himiko's hyper charts work as 11 or 12, but I agree that it's way closer to being 12* than 11*. Not as bothersome as A [a7] being rated higher than Four pieces of heaven [a7], but at the end of the day who cares? "people who want to get clear lamps for entire song folders" Oh, right, I forgot about them. Watch out [a], watch out pt2 [h], dxy [a], and nemesis/quantum teleportation h14, I'm looking at you...

Btw gigadelic 7k's ending roll is apparently slow enough that some players (like SVGL's djOROCHI) use one finger for the entire thing in 8dan. And Orochi plays 2p....
DanAdamKOF
I got mentioned in an article by USGamer about underground arcades! http://www.usgamer.net/articles/inside-cal...-secret-arcades aaa.gif
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (slakedad @ Jun 27 2016, 11:50 PM) *
i didnt getta chance t'cry

One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (DanAdamKOF @ Jun 27 2016, 11:50 PM) *
"I feel that most people don't see arcades as more than a place to play games, and are missing out on the social aspect," Karonika wrote. "It's common to strike up a conversation with someone playing your game of choice, or someone who sets an impressive high score. While online gaming has somewhat bridged the gap in meeting fellow players, the in-person dynamic of occurrences like crowding around an intense game and kibbutzing with random strangers, or asking the guy who just got off the machine for advice on a particular tough spot for you, cannot be replicated."

I see what (((j00))) did there

for real though that's pretty cool man, you've come a long way. a lot of us have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.