Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MP3 Guessing Meme 2011
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Schala
In the spirit of reviving stuff we used to do years ago (like Mafia), I had an interesting idea for another one of those MP3 guessing game things. I made a themed one since I prefer themes to completely random mishmashes of songs, leading to, for example, VgameT's and Audity's games being completely impossible unless you know a bunch of random Japanese guitar music or every Shnabubula song ever made.

You guys can make some too! They don't even have to be themed, I was just rambling about why I think popularity of these things died down (impossible difficulty, not to mention oversaturation). I'd play them all anyway.

History of Gaming MP3 Guessing Meme Thing

How diverse is your knowledge of video game music?! Find out!

Full MP3 of all songs: http://minus.com/lOV2K0Cd2bg5A
Or a zip with all the songs split up into individual MP3s: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hcfdp5
  • No console/series/genre oversaturation.
  • No fanmade arrangements/remixes.
  • Songs are ~5 seconds each and typically range from NES era through current generation.
  • Partial credit is given for guessing a game name or composer or whatever (e.g. "I bet this a David Wise song"), but an example of full credit would be as so: The Legend of Zelda - Dark World
  • To play, just download the MP3 and try to guess what the songs are. PM me your answers on AIM/forum/whatever (don't post them in this thread). You can use this handy blank sheet if you want:
CODE

Scoreboard Thing
  1. Mazrim - 21 out of 75
  2. Audity - 18 out of 75
  3. cyghfer - 16 out of 75
  4. chickensnack - 15.75 out of 75
  5. Tompa - 12 out of 75
  6. Nihopalaoa - 9.75 out of 75
  7. VgameT - 9.75 out of 75
  8. BG_Hojo72 - 9.5 out of 75
  9. Pidgey - 9.25 out of 75
  10. sync - 8 out of 75
cyghfer
huh

i failed horribly didn't you read
Schala
QUOTE (cyghfer @ Oct 8 2011, 04:08 PM) *
huh

i failed horribly didn't you read

you could name track titles of tons of stuff that I know you know, so give it a shot with the split up MP3s later~
Little Miss Prissy
i'll do this a little later today?? (i have to run errands for a little while)
kevin energy
oh boy can't wait to make another one of these and have like 1 dude actually try it
I'll submit answers when I get home they'll all be wrong cuz I don't play videogames
Schala
make a cool theme and people might play
Mazrim
I'm pretty sure I did all of the last ones. Love these things. I'll be doing this one too!
kevin energy
I didn't get any but cygh is actually a videogames and he only got 16 so I don't feel too bad
probbbly missed some from games that I have played though, thems the breaks when all the clips are like 2 seconds long
cyghfer
QUOTE (kevin energy @ Oct 8 2011, 08:48 PM) *
I didn't get any but cygh is actually a videogames and he only got 16 so I don't feel too bad
probbbly missed some from games that I have played though, thems the breaks when all the clips are like 2 seconds long

[20:55] <Kryssstal> cygh "actually a videogames" fer
[20:55] <Kryssstal> http://forum.solidstatesquad.com/index.php...st&p=262909
[20:55] <cyghfer> actually a videogames huh
[20:56] <cyghfer> rofl
[20:56] <Kryssstal> yeah you're like
[20:56] <DoYouWantAPieceOfDeath> hell yes
[20:56] <Kryssstal> actually a famicoms
kevin energy
There were some nes and snes tracks in there don't even pretend
cyghfer
[21:05] <cyghfer> VGameT a Forums Posters on Salad Skate Squid Forum
kevin energy
Tell schaal to grade my thing idiot
(as in "grade vgamets thing idiot" not "grade vgamets thing" and youre an idiot we tight)

e: ha eat it pidgey
Pidgey
Lol how the hell did i got so few
cyghfer
[22:01] <Kryssstal> here comes mazrim the stomper
[22:02] <cyghfer> :>
Little Miss Prissy
submitted my answers and stuff
Mazrim
I used to stomp when I played DDR no bar.

Also, split up mp3s are the only way to go. It helps to stick the ones you're stuck on to repeat so you can hopefully figure them out.
sync
This was fun.

I recognize a good chunk of the songs, but I can't pinpoint hardly anything, haha
38 made me smile, I was literally searching through the songs to see if there was something from this game.

The list of songs is amazing, and I can't wait for the answers to get my dead brain back up to speed. (Because I want to go back and play some of these.)
Schala
Updated for now~
Schala
when's someone gonna make one of these I wanna play
kevin energy
I've been working on one just hold your fuckin horses for chrissakes
itll be done sometime Q4 2011
Mazrim
QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Oct 16 2011, 01:49 PM) *
when's someone gonna make one of these I wanna play

Gonna release an answer key for the original one eventually?
Schala
QUOTE (Mazrim @ Oct 17 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Gonna release an answer key for the original one eventually?

prrrobably not, I'm too lazy to compile it plus there are people still interested in doing mine later

if people are so inclined they can PM asking about certain songs and I can provide MP3s and whatnot
One Niceass Individual
i just listened to a little of this and only recognized 3 songs but it was a hilarious combination of songs wow (hint: one of them was 蝶の羽)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.