Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC/PW-Specific Accomplishments Thread
Solid State Squad Forums > Beatmania IIDX > Glorious Days
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
over there
So I've been told neither himiko nor shakunetsu has been passed on the network yet. Derek has some kinda mental block on himiko and isn't gonna bother with shakunetsu unless he learns how to cheat it. He's also still gotta pass PEEPEE

WHAT IS GOING ON GAMBOLLER COME ON GET THAT SHIT DONE WTF

Also I played 42 games and hit like 3100 DJP when I played at the break. Hoping to eventually play everything.
gamboller
Himiko is likely not going to happen soon unless I have a really good day or something because I haven't even passed it on empress cs yet haha.

Also I'm too busy trying to AA mei and being stuck at AA-70ish and mei is 1345435x more fun than himiko so...

At least I AAAed golden cross another on the server though, so that's good for now.
over there
QUOTE (gamboller @ Jul 11 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Himiko is likely not going to happen soon unless I have a really good day or something because I haven't even passed it on empress cs yet haha.

Also I'm too busy trying to AA mei and being stuck at AA-70ish and mei is 1345435x more fun than himiko so...

At least I AAAed golden cross another on the server though, so that's good for now.

Nice golden. Also yeah gotta agree as terrible as they both are mei is more fun, mostly because of speedup imo.

What kind of setup is the machine where you play, like screen type/screen setting (type a/b/etc), switch resistance (little or a lot), and what kind of TTs do you have? The break felt pretty awful to play at but I'm used to like perfect everything except turntables.
Krazy
more people need to play doubles lol

I'm at about 300 DP games and still only about 25 SP.
Jadin
I can't play doubles on AC the scrreenn is too in-your -facce
gamboller
QUOTE (over there @ Jul 11 2011, 06:23 PM) *
Nice golden. Also yeah gotta agree as terrible as they both are mei is more fun, mostly because of speedup imo.

What kind of setup is the machine where you play, like screen type/screen setting (type a/b/etc), switch resistance (little or a lot), and what kind of TTs do you have? The break felt pretty awful to play at but I'm used to like perfect everything except turntables.

I don't know what the actual monitor is but it's a CRT, display type B. The keys are pretty broken in and there's little resistance.
TTs spin reasonably okay and have good enough grip, at least I can clear red fmj consistently enough.

Gemini's IIDX machine is the only one I've played a lot and I can't remember how mesa golfland's/tempe gamework's AC IIDX felt like, so I don't have anything to compare gemini's machine to.
m335h73r
is there already a DOLCE. on the network?
*NYAA
QUOTE (Krazy @ Jul 12 2011, 03:31 AM) *

do you really need to play DPN too to crush my dreams :_<
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
why is there an accomplishments thread in lets talk it over get out of here I don't want to see this emot-colbert.gif
*NYAA
cause this is inane babbling about iidx arcade
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
I'm just going to go to bed and hope this situation works itself out
Fake-ass John Travolta
QUOTE (m335h73r @ Jul 11 2011, 08:15 PM) *
is there already a DOLCE. on the network?

im DOLCE. haha

oh and i have no accomplishments im getting AAs on 10s so....

Also is DERK limey?
over there
QUOTE (Krazy @ Jul 11 2011, 09:31 PM) *

I'm at about 300 DP games and still only about 25 SP.

:< DP was 2 credits so I just played 8dan when the machine's coin mech messed up and gave me 3 extra coins. But it'll be free if greg brings his machine to otakon! I'll get plenty of practice in then :>

QUOTE (Jadin @ Jul 11 2011, 09:41 PM) *
I can't play doubles on AC the scrreenn is too in-your -facce

This is a problem for me too :<

QUOTE (gamboller @ Jul 11 2011, 09:51 PM) *
I don't know what the actual monitor is but it's a CRT, display type B. The keys are pretty broken in and there's little resistance.
TTs spin reasonably okay and have good enough grip, at least I can clear red fmj consistently enough.

Gemini's IIDX machine is the only one I've played a lot and I can't remember how mesa golfland's/tempe gamework's AC IIDX felt like, so I don't have anything to compare gemini's machine to.

Nice, I'd be upset with type B on a crt though lmao. I like when you have to hit above the red line so I'm a fan of old CS styles and RA's timing. I hated Sirius' timing.

QUOTE (SEXYSEXYCHEVY @ Jul 12 2011, 04:05 AM) *
why is there an accomplishments thread in lets talk it over get out of here I don't want to see this emot-colbert.gif

Yeah I accidentally made this in the wrong forum (sorry xythar), not like anyone uses glorious days anyways. Maybe xythar can fix that?

QUOTE (Lovely Hands @ Jul 12 2011, 05:50 AM) *
im DOLCE. haha

oh and i have no accomplishments im getting AAs on 10s so....

Also is DERK limey?

Naw DERK is MA/TGA Derek. He's probably the best on the network so far top score-wise and he's got like ~13,000 djp (2nd maybe ERRRRR or GAMBLR, dunno who has more). He said buying a machine and getting PW got him back into the game after a long hiatus.

Supposedly there'll be something like a USRDB at some point so I'm looking forward to that smile.gif
Elphaba
USRDB more like limey slapping asses on every song that matters
Anthony
Oh hai, look at this thread. Derek you own a machine, no excuses for not having a son passed.

Also, Tau is working on a front end over the next few weeks, it'll let you rank players by dj points.
Tau
bring it

(lol I suck I have like no 12* AC clears sad.gif )
over there
Oh nice, dj point rankings will be hot <╹ヮ╹>
Fake-ass John Travolta
work those 1* AAAs
Fungi
There's only one 1* he has to play, actually. I think.

edit: yeah, gambolol
over there
QUOTE (Fungi @ Jul 17 2011, 08:11 PM) *
There's only one 1* he has to play, actually. I think.

edit: yeah, gambolol

Yep, not gonna waste credits for stuff that doesn't count in AC! Thought you knew that by now mr. Lovely Hands.
chotto kiitena
What counts in AC?
Fungi
highest DJP on any difficulty per song
so if you have a C fail on himiko [A] and a AA hard clear on the [H] the DJP score for the [H] AA HC will count
repeat for every song
over there
QUOTE (Fungi @ Jul 17 2011, 11:25 PM) *
highest DJP on any difficulty per song
so if you have a C fail on himiko [A] and a AA hard clear on the [H] the DJP score for the [H] AA HC will count
repeat for every song

Also whatever has the most EX will count more if you have equal bonuses (grade bonus multiplier, nc/hc/fc bonus multiplier). Only really counts on DP and maybe some really old charts like 20, november but it's possible to get more points out of a hyper than an another.

EDIT: 20, november is just an example, I know it's not on AC anymore.
over there
QUOTE (Anthony @ Jul 17 2011, 03:08 PM) *
Also, Tau is working on a front end over the next few weeks, it'll let you rank players by dj points.

Whenever this happens you should probably get people at each arcade to put up a sign or something with the site on it and describing a few things it does (as bullet points or something), because I know there will be a lot of people who don't frequent the current "big 3" non-Japanese IIDX-related sites (bms, sows, here). If you can get them interested in rankings and whatever else you have in store for us, you're supporting the arcades' income and the community as a whole at the same time.

Basically it's a great way to get people who are on the fence about pumping any more credits into the machine to flip on that side.
TheWertle
#1 on most of the new song hypers, someone beat me
Fungi
haha you played the hypers of anything but PP and PL and shakunetsu
TheWertle
hi i suck at iidx
Fungi
actually yeah the hypers of stuff like reunion and session9 are hard enough on hyper

I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING XANADU OF FUCKING TWO BEST SONG EVER
Tau
PP hyper = reason I can't all-clear RA Hyper
Krazy
PP hyper should be a 12, more than any other 11 on hyper except possibly fake time.
chotto kiitena
This trend of making all the boss songs impossible on hyper is dumb

Mei, Nageki and Mendes are a good difficulty and Sense 2007 is okay but Himiko is way harder than it needs to be and Almagest is just stupid (plus PP from the sounds of it)

Ugh
Tau
Sense 2007 is fucking twisted. I can do it okayish on CS but I haven't a prayer on AC anytime soon...

God damn is it ever fun though.
Fake-ass John Travolta
So I got a blister on my left thumb so I couldn't play with scratch anymore so I played some songs with AS for shits. Played Fake time [a] and of course get the best random and cleared it but AS was on so that fucking blows.
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
do you scratch with your left thumb
*NYAA
maybe he put AS on so he didn't have to use left thumb for 1 when scratching
Fake-ass John Travolta
QUOTE (Newcastle Legions @ Jul 20 2011, 03:22 AM) *
maybe he put AS on so he didn't have to use left thumb for 1 when scratching

on AC when I scratch I have to use my left thumb for keys 1 and 3. It was painful as fuck trying to do that.
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
hard cleared mei twice with a B and once with a not B on cs before going to the arcade today and then hced it on AC since the keys are fixed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpN9N3BVkQY
*NYAA
some idiot put coins in card reader

i could understand it on technika but goddamn

also eraser whats your dj name

and did anyone beat BEAR's score on keep on movin h
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
dj name is taisou
Fake-ass John Travolta
why does it say your network is off?
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
because it is lol
Fake-ass John Travolta
Sorry I assumed this was for the PW server accomplishments but then just realized AC was in the title oops.

Any mention of getting PW soon?
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (Krazy @ Jul 19 2011, 04:08 PM) *
PP hyper should be a 12, more than any other 11 on hyper except possibly fake time.

uhhhhhhh i don't sightread clear 12s on AC
i guess the ending could be tricky on a bad random but it doesn't have enough chords or scratches to justify calling it a 12 imo
i think it's the most fun chart on RA, from what little i played before AI got fucked in the ass :<

QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Jul 19 2011, 04:21 PM) *
This trend of making all the boss songs impossible on hyper is dumb

It's a lot worse on 14k. No one's gonna AAA shit like mei/nageki/vanessa/bad maniacs/himiko DPH unless they get good enough to AAA 9s one-handed. Also DXY, Genocide, Kakumei and Sense2007 are a pain in the ass on DPH, which are largely indistinguishable from the DPA charts
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
someone told me next week but I dunno how reliable that is
Tau
QUOTE (ErAseRmoTor maXimUM @ Jul 21 2011, 08:07 PM) *
someone told me next week but I dunno how reliable that is

hmm? where is this?
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
svgl
Tau
/me checks watch

Apparently it's already next week, then :]
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
cool, gonna check this out later today and maybe make a vid or two if it isn't busy
ErAseRmoTor maXimUM
is it easy to set up your own thing through trial and error or should I watch someone else do it first? bought a card but I'm afraid of messing something up and not being able to redo it

ps: broken is a good song
TheWertle
making a new account is pretty simple.

insert your new card enter a PIN once then again to confirm, select a location and select yes はい any time you see it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.