Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum Updates
Solid State Squad Forums > News & Suggestions > Last Message
rmz
There have been a few minor forum tweaks made over the past week or two that some of you may or may not have noticed. Here are a couple things that have been adjusted that affect the forum's members:

* The maximum allowed avatar dimensions have been increased to 100x100 pixels. The maximum file size is 50 KB.

By popular demand? In any case, this makes the board's avatar settings a little more compatible with avatars you may have made for other sites.

* Display Name functionality has been enabled for AAA members and above.

This allows you to change the name that is visibly displayed for your account, but does not affect your log-in name. The number of changes per 90-day period are very limited, however, as this is intended to be a solution for people who have wanted to change their name for a long time, and not people who wish to change to a new vanity/injoke name every week. There have been no changes to the user title settings.

* The maximum number of stored PMs and attachment allowances have been adjusted with user rank.

This allows for more active members (especially those involved with TWG and the like) to have a little more breathing room in their saved PM limits.

* The maximum number of emoticons per post has been increased.

Don't abuse this, please, or it's going back to the way it was.

Feel free to provide feedback, or let me know if there are any forum settings that you would like to see enabled, and I will take them into consideration depending on the nature of the feature. My aim is to keep the forums largely as Remy set things up, but leaving a little leeway for usability tweaks and things that would make the lives of the userbase a little easier.
chotto kiitena
These changes are pretty much all fantastic.

Thanks biggrin.gif
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
/r/ :guido:
grayfox9996
Sweet! Some nice changes, rmz - thanks!

Maybe that'll be good incentive to finally change my avatar after 3 years...hmmm...
BBH
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Apr 23 2008, 05:47 PM) *

yeah we need :guido: and :paw: kthx
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(BBH @ Apr 23 2008, 10:04 PM) *
yeah we need :paw: kthx

chyeah.. for the entire two of us who use it.
rmz
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Apr 23 2008, 05:47 PM) *

I tried, and it threw an error when I tried to upload the image. I'll have to ask Remy about it sometime.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(rmz @ Apr 24 2008, 09:40 AM) *
I tried, and it threw an error when I tried to upload the image. I'll have to ask Remy about it sometime.

btw... wacko.gif excl.gif blush.gif
rmz
Yeah, those were in the system, just disabled. So, there you go I guess.
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
QUOTE(rmz @ Apr 24 2008, 09:40 AM) *

Schlagwerk
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Apr 24 2008, 01:03 PM) *

My god it's a Muppet
djplaeskool
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Apr 23 2008, 08:47 PM) *

btns.gif
PkerUNO
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Apr 24 2008, 09:47 AM) *

?
Schala
:polly:
Team Ragnarok
Thanks for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.