Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GAME THREAD
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327
Deets
Yeah, there's a romhack for Solbrain, as a matter 'o fact.
Eggman of the Strata
Huh, the European version of BlazBlue is listed as having new moves and characters. I wonder if that'll just be more Unlimited characters or if they'll put in Jubei/Kokonoe/Terumi/Valkenhaym. Either way, I'm hoping whatever it is becomes free DLC. Or at least not expensive. I have little hope though.
Paradox
I thought Blazblue wasn't going to be released in Europe. At least, I haven't read anything about it. Did they find a publisher for the game?
Eggman of the Strata
PQube and Zen United are the publishers. It'll be out in 2010.
Ryujin
Huh, the European version of BlazBlue is listed as having new moves and characters. I wonder if that'll just be more Unlimited characters or if they'll put in Jubei/Kokonoe/Terumi/Valkenhaym. Either way, I'm hoping whatever it is becomes free DLC. Or at least not expensive. I have little hope though.

That'd be cool, maybe even Tsubaki or Makoto would make appearances. Like you said though, it's probably just wishful thinking right now.
Schala
I find it difficult to imagine how someone could dislike MGS4's story but w/e
B&Bs are such a small thing to gripe about in a game with ~9 hours of cutscenes

3 > 4 > 2 > 1 imo
(only because MGS2's 500-plot-twists-in-a-row thing grew on me. MGS1 is still amazing)
Saiyajin
QUOTE (Schlagwerk @ Aug 14 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Then there was the one boss that was 3 robots rotating around a room with no floor. You had to constantly jump around on the robots as they rotated. They could only be shot at certain times and after you killed one, it blew up and disappeared so you had one less platform to jump on.

Mannnn, I still can't make it past level 3 part 1. Hahaha. Game is so hard! On the speedrun, it looks like you can stand on the floor for that boss... but that's tool assisted, so that guy can do many things that you shouldn't be able to do... like hover about in a ball of fire and just suicide into everyone, while in reality you can only do the gravity change once you've already landed on the ground. He'd bounce around and stuff, which is totally impossible. But, yeah, it's gotta be one of the most difficult games ever made, albeit very interesting and I'd like to see another platformer like that in the future, except with longer levels instead of amazingly impossible levels. I haven't given up on it yet, though. I'm gonna try to play it again soon more extensively than, "WOO PIZZA MAN IS HERE TIME TO STOP AND EAT PIZZA. I'LL COME BACK TO THIS LATER." and then never come back to it. Hahah.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Aug 14 2009, 03:44 PM) *
Mannnn, I still can't make it past level 3 part 1. Hahaha. Game is so hard! On the speedrun, it looks like you can stand on the floor for that boss... but that's tool assisted, so that guy can do many things that you shouldn't be able to do... like hover about in a ball of fire and just suicide into everyone, while in reality you can only do the gravity change once you've already landed on the ground. He'd bounce around and stuff, which is totally impossible. But, yeah, it's gotta be one of the most difficult games ever made, albeit very interesting and I'd like to see another platformer like that in the future, except with longer levels instead of amazingly impossible levels. I haven't given up on it yet, though. I'm gonna try to play it again soon more extensively than, "WOO PIZZA MAN IS HERE TIME TO STOP AND EAT PIZZA. I'LL COME BACK TO THIS LATER." and then never come back to it. Hahah.

You can switch gravity repeatedly in air without touching the ground, btw. I wonder if the tool assist is switching gravity so fast he looks like he's standing on the floor.

As I kid I did finish the game through once, but it wasn't a 1cc. I used the passwords and died a lot. The game has a second loop too. Good luck with that.
Saiyajin
I tried doing that and it didn't work! I just kept hitting the ground and getting blown up by a car or whatever that is flying at me because I let down my concentration on scrolling stuff to try and get my guy to go back and forth switching gravity before hitting the ground. X_x

*edit*

After about 300 continues, I finally beat the game without cheating hahahahahahahaha oh God that was so hard. That stupid boss that shoots three different kinds of shots was the hardest for me to beat. The floaty thing boss was pretty easy to beat if you are just patient and time it right. You can't change gravity until you have already touched the ground, but sometimes you can jump off spikes if you hit the button as soon as you hit the ground. I think sometimes you can bounce in the flame thing if you hit the button as soon as you touch the ground too, or something like that. The timing is so ridiculously hard that it's something I doubt anyone could do continuously without turning the game clock down and counting each frame.

TAS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBakSHq0TM...ated&fmt=18
Deets
Did you beat the second loop
Saiyajin
The first loop alone took me about a bajillion continues. I don't think I could ever beat the second loop. Did you beat the second loop?
BG_Hojo72
god, i loved Metal Storm. i've been looking for a cart for the longest time, trying my damnedest not to have to pay $20+ for it online. i remember getting to... *watches video*...i think the Stage 4 boss. i know i got to stage 4 at least, and i'm just assuming that the boss was to difficult for my meager child skillz to have handled. i think it's a safe assumption.

i remember save stating my way though the game, then seeing a 2nd loop, and giggling. heehee. like the game needed to get harder.
Eggman of the Strata
So I started playing through HAWX again on Elite, expecting it to be super super hard (I mean, come on, it's a Tom Clancy game. I remember Rainbow Six was ridiculously hard) but it's really easy, even if I just use the default planes instead of the stuff I've unlocked. It's like they just upped the damage the enemies do (two missiles and you're done) and lowered the amount of missiles you get by a bunch (but you still have plenty since they always suggest planes that have a bit more than the amount needed for a mission so as long as you stay above that, you never run out).

I'm also FINALLY getting to the end of Jeanne D'Arc. It was the game I bought with my PSP when I first got it and I'm just now finishing it but it feels satisfying. Maybe because Jeanne is level 99 and destroys everything because I spent all of two hours grinding to make her invincible.
Paradox
I remember playing Jeanne D'arc. It was one of the first few games I bought when I first got my PSP as well. However, I couldn't get past the super-deformed designs of the sprites. It just really bugged me.

I am enjoying my playthrough of Disgaea though. Horse Weiners ftw.
WILD RIDE
So an Arakune won BB SBO. I guess it's better than Nu. And a low tier team made it to the GG finals. Would've been cool if they won.
Eggman of the Strata
If it was Souji that won with Arakune, I can totally understand why he won. That guy is like the pinnacle of Arakune playing. But of course I'm sure everyone's crying about how "broken" he is and how him winning the finals "proves" it.

Aw, not Souji. But haha HeartNana lost in the first round. I like how the finals had Carl vs Arakune though.
grayfox9996
I WOULD play the lowest-rated BlazBlue character. Apparently people are saying Tager's the lowest? sad.gif

Makes sense, though. Anyone who knows what the hell they're doing can make it so I can't do a DAMN thing most of the time. I have to guess what to do as opposed to react, just because Tager is so slow and has no escape options besides bursting (which I never want to use - Tager's absurd life bar is one of the few advantages he has, and sacrificing that generally isn't worth it). I guess I could probably back dash more...and not be quite as aggressive. Oh well, not like I play the game more than one or two matches a week.
Eggman of the Strata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJY2apOFmDw

There's an older match with both of the SBO finalists. Same matchup and everything.

Yeah, Tager's pretty much just the noob buster. Anyone new to the game is going to be destroyed by him (or Hakumen using 6C! 6C! 6C!). But after that, it becomes harder and harder to do anything. But I still happily use him. I don't know how much I need to use him before it says he's my sub but I'm going to get my card to say Arakune/Tager one of these days.
WILD RIDE
I was hoping Heartnana would at least get one in, just to get back at those jerks saying he was bad. He seems alright going by his posts on dustloop. Plus he was up against a Nu.
Schala
so I may be able to get something worked out to play blaze-blue ice-cream

I actually DO know this guy with an xbox 360 and he's not a super hardcore gamer, so I guess if I help him do 'things' to it, I can rent it out for free when there's not a major game out

the problem is I have no idea how to do aforementioned things on an x---box-----360 (nor have I ever really touched one before), so help plz
I already set him up with easy stuff like emulators (which he had no idea how to use) and PS2+PSP 'things' (all you have to do to a PS2 is pull a trip machina basically)

anyway who PLAYS this blaze-blue thing? I have limited PS3 access but supposedly nabsalot is the only person with the PS3 version so I don't think I would attempt to buy the game with my own money just for one person, even if it IS someone as sexy as nabs (I am surprisingly enough cheaper than certain people from florida)

I know Toph wants to get "hella good" at blaze-blue ice-cream and Jadin would probably (hopefully) be my SPARRING PARTNER if I play it

I see grayfox talking about it above, who else
WILD RIDE
Hey, I'm the one who brought it up in the first place.
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (WILD RIDE @ Aug 16 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Hey, I'm the one who brought it up in the first place.

you guys should play together
WILD RIDE
We've never been anything but the best of friends.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (mind the gap @ Aug 16 2009, 12:38 PM) *
I see grayfox talking about it above, who else

I don't own it, and don't plan on buying it. Sorry. tongue.gif

I COULD borrow the PS3 version if you get that, though, and play it with you.
sir nabsalot
Wait wait, I don't own a copy of BB, though I have a working ps3 so that would be a reasonable system to buy it for. HOWEVER since everyone I know seems to have bought the game for 360, that's probably what I'll do too. Need to get that thing fixed; just been too busy being so sexy
over there
I'll eventually be getting the PS3 version. Only one of my friends has blazblue, on the 360, and none of my other friends want to play it when we're over there, they're more the hardcore SF crowd :/ I think I would play it a lot once I get it though (which would be a few months from now)!
Eggman of the Strata
Ahhhh so as it turns out, only the last mission is actually hard on Elite in HAWX. And by hard, I mean borderline bullshit. Suddenly every enemy is capable of escaping any and every missile lock you can get and you're supposed to distract and destroy like 40 guys while this AWACS plane searches for a nuclear bomb because otherwise they'll destroy the plane in like 5 seconds. And sometimes they'll do that anyway, even if you're trying your absolute hardest. So finally I just said screw it and picked a plane with radar guided missiles so I could fire at them from super long range and because radar guided missiles always hit their target as long as you keep the reticle covering the enemy. So I took out half of the guys that way and then the game decided to not be a bitch and I got through it so now I'm done with that game hooray. Tried out the multiplayer and was very disappointed. I'll be trading it in with CoD4 to get Modern Warfare 2.

Also finished Jeanne D'Arc. Final boss would've been really easy even if I hadn't been super high level. The first half of that game was really difficult too. Oh well, it was still awesome.
Buffalo
America gets peaced out round 1 in every fighting game at SBO.

Next:America quits fighting games
Schlagwerk
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Aug 15 2009, 03:04 AM) *
After about 300 continues, I finally beat the game without cheating hahahahahahahaha oh God that was so hard. That stupid boss that shoots three different kinds of shots was the hardest for me to beat. The floaty thing boss was pretty easy to beat if you are just patient and time it right. You can't change gravity until you have already touched the ground, but sometimes you can jump off spikes if you hit the button as soon as you hit the ground. I think sometimes you can bounce in the flame thing if you hit the button as soon as you touch the ground too, or something like that. The timing is so ridiculously hard that it's something I doubt anyone could do continuously without turning the game clock down and counting each frame.

I ended up playing a bit on Friday after all our talk and made it up to the stage 4 boss on one continue.. then promptly got distracted by something else.
QUOTE (Buffalo @ Aug 16 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Next:America quits fighting games

Nah, they just keep doing what they've always done: play in their little microcosm, fail to innovate on their own, and only copy things they've seen the Japanesies do.

Btw, I also play BlazBlue on 360. I held off on playing it a lot since I wanted to focus on KOFXII, but I guess unless SNK gets their head out of their ass and fixes their net code, I might as well ramp up practice time on BB and GET SIRIUS.
Also... when did Carl finally get promoted above Tager? Last I heard, Carl's low damage and lowest defense were enough to net him the bottom tier award despite having an infinite.
WILD RIDE
A while ago. He's pretty great if you can avoid getting hit, and get the opponent between him and Nirvana. The pros make it look easy. I'm still losing to special spamming Jins. I can't get them in either loop. Whenever NIrvana gets anywhere near them they ice car to safety.
Eggman of the Strata
I tried to go back to playing GTA4 today just to screw around and I'm finding that it's not fun. Like, there's nothing to screw around with. I just end up driving in circles until Schweine plays on the radio. I think Saints Row 2 ruined my ability to enjoy GTA4.

One of my friends absolutely hates Carl (as a character I guess) and so I've been playing with him more and more just to annoy him. It gets pretty funny. I'm also undefeated using Tager against his Rachel. If only I could be undefeated using Tager (or Arakune for that matter) against Rachels online... I haven't seen any Bangs or Litchis lately. Mostly Tager, Hakumen, and Noel really.
Deets
QUOTE (HONEY♂PUNCH @ Aug 17 2009, 03:39 PM) *
I think Saints Row 2 ruined my ability to enjoy GTA4.

Likewise.

PkerUNO
QUOTE (HONEY♂PUNCH @ Aug 17 2009, 10:39 PM) *
I tried to go back to playing GTA4 today just to screw around and I'm finding that it's not fun. Like, there's nothing to screw around with.

+1.

It just seems like such a chore. The last time I put GTA4 in, I was assailed by phone calls from my so-called friends and decided I'd rather play a game than Taxi Simulator 2008.
Eggman of the Strata
I should probably trade in GTA4 and actually buy Saints Row 2 and start having fun again. I need to drive my shit truck and make a monstrous beast man/woman who's half albino, half Man-Bat who can do a jig while telling people off with a latina accent.
rmz
I still need to play that.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (GOLDEN CROSS @ Aug 17 2009, 06:03 PM) *
I still need to play that.

Yes, you do. Everyone who hasn't at this point and has the ability to should. It's getting cheaper now!

And GTA4 wasn't that fun to begin with. I have NO idea how the hell I 100%d that game. Maybe out of spite toward myself for spending $60 on it. The only times I ever have fun with it are when I'm in a helicopter or when I'm on a motorcycle (the one reason I was convinced to play TLAD).
Eggman of the Strata
Yeah, Saints Row 2 is $30 new at retail. It dropped to $15 during one of Target's clearance sales but I never found a copy then. It's $22 to keep it on GameFly but I only have a $5 coupon there and I have a $25 gift card for Best Buy and I still have $36 in store credit at EB (and I'd have more if I traded in GTA4 and HAWX and CoD4) so I've got some choices.

The game's glitchy as hell sometimes but man, it just really captured that sense of "fun" that I got when I first played GTA3.
WILD RIDE
How many times is Atlus going to make me buy Persona 3. Seriously, it's getting annoying.
rmz
I'm not sure I like the idea of the protagonist being different. And how will her being a female affect the Social Links?

Also, while being able to control your party members is nice, it kind of takes away from part of the feel of what P3 was to me.

Oh well, still buying it and etc.
spineshark
I'd assume the social links probably just turn the girlfriends in regular pals and some of the guys into dates. There is apparently a male counterpart to Elizabeth though, who looks messed up. I don't know what they'll do with Aigis (maybe just replace her with Teddie basically rofl), but I don't care either because I don't like her.

I probably won't play this because GOD I wasted so much time when it first came out and I couldn't even get through Fes as a result, but maybe playing as a girl is enough of a new draw for me.
Eggman of the Strata
I don't think I especially care about Persona 3 PSP at all. The game's length is such that playing from scratch would be extremely annoying.

The slim PS3 might get me to finally split the cost with my parents so they can have their bluray player and I can have....the four or five games I'd play on it.
chotto kiitena
You can choose male or female protagonist. I never got around to playing The Journey in FES (just regular P3) so this is going to give me an excellent excuse to play through the game again.
Saiyajin
So who here is gonna buy Shadow Complex today when it's eventually released on the XBLA? :OOO!!!

Everyone says it's a cool Metroid/Metroidvania type game.
grayfox9996
The Slim coming out next month makes me sad, considering I paid $50 more for the 160 GB PS3 just half a month ago. OH WELL. I have greatly enjoyed my PS3 in that time!

QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Aug 18 2009, 05:42 PM) *
So who here is gonna buy Shadow Complex today when it's eventually released on the XBLA? :OOO!!!

Buying it tomorrow night, right after I get home. I'm hyped for it like crazy. biggrin.gif
Saiyajin
Oh yeah, I also saw a preview movie for the new Castlevania game and it looks AWWWWEEEESOME! :DDD!!! I'm so stoked for 2010! DDD: So far away. ;___;

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2009/castlevania/

A Kojima production. :3
Jadin
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Aug 18 2009, 07:41 PM) *
Oh yeah, I also saw a preview movie for the new Castlevania

God of War + Shadow of Colossus + Majora's Mask = ?
BBH
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Aug 18 2009, 05:42 PM) *

HELLA hype for dis
chotto kiitena
I'm hyped like heck for P3 Portable and can't believe it's even coming out in Japan so soon

I hope Atlus localises it quickly so I can gladly kiss another 100 hours of my life goodbye.

edit: I might pick up Tales of Vesperia for PS3 as well it's not like there are any other decent RPGs to play these days
WILD RIDE
Yes, that happens to everyone who plays BlazBlue.

On a related note, my HRAP3 started double firing when I try to move left. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's kind of a problem...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.