Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GAME THREAD
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327
chotto kiitena
There's no load times except when teleporting on PS3, although PS3 does have a mandatory 1.2gb or so install.
Eggman of the Strata
Damn PoP is fun. I've just got 3 of the Warrior's areas, the boss area and then whatever the end is and I'm done. My only annoyances are the switch/crank puzzles that totally slow the game down, and the fact that you fight the bosses like 6 times each and only one of them is any different from the others. We'll see about the final boss.
chotto kiitena
QUOTE(Rowen of the Strata @ Dec 7 2008, 07:45 PM) *
Damn PoP is fun. I've just got 3 of the Warrior's areas, the boss area and then whatever the end is and I'm done. My only annoyances are the switch/crank puzzles that totally slow the game down, and the fact that you fight the bosses like 6 times each and only one of them is any different from the others. We'll see about the final boss.

spoilers: it's the same as all the others

Awesome game though.
Eggman of the Strata
Yeah, the last boss was pretty lame. The ending also kind of annoys me. I understand that they're rebooting the whole PoP franchise and so they need a reason for a sequel but I would've been fine for the story in this to just be totally wrapped up. Oh well. It was a really fun 10 hours or whatever it ended up being. I wish it told me how many times I died. I would've liked to know how many jumps I wasted on just trying stuff out.

Next up, Sonic Unleashed? I'm pretty sure it wasn't in my GameFly queue but that's what they sent me. I don't know. Maybe it was there and I was going to take it out but forgot? Either way, I get to see if it's an abomination like Sonic 2k6 or....almost decent!

And then it's Persona 4.
Mazrim
It's definitely better than Sonic for the 360 or whatever it was called, but it's still kinda meh. The running stages are really cool. Sonic does become incredibly hard to control when you have a few hundred rings though.
chotto kiitena
Well, I beat Eternal Sonata. The plot kind of falls apart a bit by the end (it kind of feels like there's simply a huge chunk missing between the end of chapter 6 and start of chapter 7, so I'm guessing they ran into time/budget constraints ala Xenogears) but upon comparing it to some videos of the 360 version on Youtube, they actually added an impressive amount of extra dialogue and scenes to clarify/expand on the plot in the PS3 version, and changed one aspect of the endgame quite significantly. So, I guess they did what they could.

Overall I quite liked it, but the last chapter or two dropped it from a 9 to an 8, I'd say (it also got way easy by the final dungeon compared to some of the hellish boss fights you have to survive to get there). Still well worth playing if anyone actually hasn't by now.

Anyone have any ideas what the ending means? I kind of get it but at the same time I kind of... don't.

Also if anyone who is familiar with the 360 version is interested in knowing what they changed, here's what I know of (HUGE MAJOR SPOILERS HERE OH MY GOD)

Battles are harder. You level up more slowly (I was like level 46 at the end) and enemies do more damage. Blocking is basically necessary to survive.

Chests have their items switched around a bit compared to the 360 version.

When you meet Crescendo and Serenade in Baroque, as you're leaving you run into some guards carrying Lament, the royal mirror. It sucks you in for some reason and you have to do a pretty awesome extra dungeon with Crescendo and Serenade as temporary party members (they join for real at the start of chapter 7)

When you go back to see Crescendo and Serenade in chapter 5 or 6 (I forget when exactly), Polka collapses. You have to go find the Queen Mother Agogo to help her (I think to absorb some of the excess light from her astra?) which means you go to the warp room (this is prior to taking it to To Coda Ruins) to go back to the Agogo Forest. You stroll back through the forest and run into Fugue who is kicking around the Queen Mother Agogo and fight him a third time. When you win, he pisses off the Queen Mother Agogo one too many times and gets eaten. You take the QMA (oh ho) back to Polka to help her and then you find out Crescendo and Serenade are gone etc etc.

After you fight Waltz and his dragon on top of Mt. Rock, he doesn't die. Rather, he orders Legato to drink the glowing agogo / mineral powder potion and then the usual stuff happens. There are extra scenes of Ruined Body destroying all the dragons in one shot then Waltz rants about how he now has the ultimate power and tries to have Ruined Body kill you, but some flash of light from Polka stops him and he flees through the Mysterious Portal Out Of Nowhere. You follow him through the portal because now he has the power to destroy the world or something.

When you're in the Double Reed Tower I think the scenes with Chopin are changed. The walkthrough mentions he talks to Claves in the last one but on the PS3 he talks to Salsa and March.

When you get to the top of Double Reed Tower, Waltz is there with Ruined Body. He gives you this annoyingly long speech about how he wants to be remembered and feared forever etc etc. and then you have to fight both him and Ruined Body at the same time. This is kind of hard (more so than the actual final boss anyway). After you beat them, Waltz laughs and pulls a "why didn't I think of this before?" act like a certain someone in SO3 and then has Ruined Body destroy the world. Whoop de do. They disappear and the final portal is there. When you go through, Chopin's speech is changed a bit - he starts off by saying something like "You recognise this place? This is the flower field in Tenuto, where this dream originally started. And I guess it's only fitting that this is where it should end." then the usual stuff happens.

The ending might be different as well I didn't have the patience to watch all 45 minutes again on Youtube after just seeing it now.
Eggman of the Strata
Pretty sure they did change the ending. It sounds like they made Encore Mode the regular difficulty.

The ending has to do with Chopin's acceptance of death. Polka doesn't realize it until the tree, but her dying has happened countless times because she represents Chopin's memories of his real-life sister, who died at an early age. This time though, Chopin has come to terms with his own death and that he needs to let go. This of course culminates in a boss fight where he reveals his dream world as the barren place it really is and forces the party to end him or he ends it.

Polka's life changed because Chopin visited and ended up meeting Allegretto, which lead to Polka finding someone to care for her, despite her sickly nature. This is a mirror of Chopin's actual relationship with George Sand (I think that's her name) who was talked about in the historical parts.

In the end though, Polka accepts that she has to jump to continue her cycle of rebirth (whether this mirrored periods of actual time where Chopin's life changed or new pieces of music were created is debatable) but Allegretto's love of her pulls her back, which may have meant that Chopin accepted that he no longer needed to only remember his sister from young child to 14 years old. Since he would be dying soon, he would see her in the afterlife where she would be regular age I guess.

Viola's 3rd place scene is my favorite.

Also I have no idea if that helped. The story does seem to rely on knowledge of Chopin's real life to get the overall idea.
BG_Hojo72
QUOTE(Rowen of the Strata @ Dec 8 2008, 08:58 AM) *
The story does seem to rely on knowledge of Chopin's real life to get the overall idea.

which is what i love about people that complain about the musical numbers and the accompanying text about Chopin's real life. talk about missing the point.
Eggman of the Strata
Yeah, a lot of people totally dismiss the historical parts as being filler or something but they actually describe the characters you meet in each chapter.

Like, before you get Viola, you get the history lesson on how much Chopin loved Poland and the rolling hills and grassy scenery. And how he enjoyed the countryside. And then, sure enough, you get Viola, whose home and character almost perfect represent the ideas of Poland that Chopin loved.

And then later, when you get the historical part on how Chopin wrote waltzes but hated them because he wrote them only to fit in and because it was only what the people wanted, it almost perfectly fits with Count Waltz. Despite being evil, everything he does is for the people and to make them love him.

I really do like that game. It helps that Chopin's also probably my favorite classical composer.
rmz
I still need to finish that, so thanks for the spoiler tags.

After Valkyria Chronicles...and Persona 4...

sigh
Mazrim
Neon Tiger is incredibly difficult to beat with only the Mega Buster and two heart tanks.
grayfox9996
QUOTE(rmz @ Dec 8 2008, 01:13 PM) *
I still need to finish that, so thanks for the spoiler tags.

After Valkyria Chronicles...and Persona 4...

sigh

I know how you feel. I still have stuff to do in Fallout 3. Then there's Mirror's Edge time trials. Then there's Rez HD. Then Dead Space. Okami. Persona 3. And I still have incomplete save files for Max Payne and Half-Life 1, too.

A friend of mine has been bugging me every day to go get Culdcept Saga and play it online with him (we've been playing Catan online lately, which is a surprisingly fun and functional version of the board game, even if it's lacking the expansions - it could REALLY do with the 6-player expansion, for starters), and I know that even if I got it, it would be a month before I touch the damn thing. Playing Fallout 3 is making me want to go back and be an evil character now, too, so that's not helping matters any. On the other hand, I AM really glad I enjoy the game that much - I'm definitely getting my $60 worth out of it.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(Mazrim @ Dec 8 2008, 12:20 PM) *
Neon Tiger is incredibly difficult to beat with only the Mega Buster and two heart tanks.

Two heart tanks? Man, you are taking the easy way out..
Nah, I remember that fight being rough with just the Mega Buster.. but it's been so long I don't remember why

Of course, I used to think Enker and the final boss of MM1 for Gameboy were tough but last time I played them I didn't even get hit by Enker and got the final boss on my first try
Spiritsnare
QUOTE(Xythar @ Dec 8 2008, 06:04 AM) *
Also if anyone who is familiar with the 360 version is interested in knowing what they changed, here's what I know of (HUGE MAJOR SPOILERS HERE OH MY GOD)

I DON'T LIKE NAMCO BANDAI ANYMORE

FUCK THEM AND THEIR TAMAGOTCHIS TOO

please tell me they at least had you pay like $20 more for that additional content ; ;
Eggman of the Strata
It was re-released for full price on PS3.

I'm honestly pretty annoyed that the 360 will never see any of that content. It's like, "Hey! I supported your game from the start and loved it!" and Namco responds with, "Awesome! Now feel bad about your purchase!"

I love my 360 faceplate from the game though. I kinda wish I had gotten Chopin but Beat's is a really nice blue. Man, more games need pre-order faceplates.
chotto kiitena
Well, they've done this before with Tales of Symphonia, really. And all major RPG developers in Japan seem to do it with their 'director's cut' or whatever rereleases - and it's always like "So, those of you who supported our game back when it came out for the first time? Get ready to pay full price for it again while the people who didn't buy it then only have to buy it once now, bitches!". It makes no sense but I guess that's just how Japan works.

Can you just youtube the extra scenes? Crescendo and Serenade aren't that great, but the new dungeon is pretty cool. I didn't really use them outside of that dungeon because by the time I got them back I had already settled into using my Allegretto/Polka/Falsetto dream team for the rest of the game.
Mazrim
QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Dec 8 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Two heart tanks? Man, you are taking the easy way out..
Nah, I remember that fight being rough with just the Mega Buster.. but it's been so long I don't remember why

Of course, I used to think Enker and the final boss of MM1 for Gameboy were tough but last time I played them I didn't even get hit by Enker and got the final boss on my first try

Just want to clarify that those arent energy tanks, but the heart things that give you three extra health each. Neon Tiger takes over 1/3 of your health if he manages to slash you, he floats through the air slowly and takes up a ton of space, and his tail shoots irritating balls of whatever that add up over time. Overall a frustrating fight...So far the only one giving me trouble Mega Buster only (I had forgotten how easy Bit and Byte's patterns were).
Eggman of the Strata
Awesome. Apparently Persona 4 actually shipped today and will be in-store tomorrow. Now, if only my guide weren't late... I don't really need it but it helps having a listing of what Social Links are available each day at my side.

rmz
The Gamestops around here have had the guides in stock since like Saturday, if you want to go that route.
Eggman of the Strata
I already paid for the guide directly from Double Jump though. They had free priority shipping and don't charge tax. Apparently priority shipping means it'll get lost in the mail. Ugh, no tracking either. Watch, it's been sitting down at the office for days now and the mail guy didn't leave a slip. And the office never called, which they are supposed to do.
rmz
QUOTE(Rowen of the Strata @ Dec 8 2008, 10:36 PM) *
They had free priority shipping

You know what else has free shipping? Going to the store. btns.gif

I kid.
Eggman of the Strata
I also hate buying things from Gamestop and would much rather buy directly from the publisher. Also, none of the stores around here carry the guide. They didn't have P3's, Nocturne's, or any other Double Jump guide in the past either.

I'm starting to think DJ Books hates Minnesota.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(Mazrim @ Dec 8 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Just want to clarify that those arent energy tanks, but the heart things that give you three extra health each. Neon Tiger takes over 1/3 of your health if he manages to slash you, he floats through the air slowly and takes up a ton of space, and his tail shoots irritating balls of whatever that add up over time. Overall a frustrating fight...So far the only one giving me trouble Mega Buster only (I had forgotten how easy Bit and Byte's patterns were).

I know quite well what you meant by heart tanks.. But now I gotta put in MMX3 to see if I can still Buster clear him first.. prolly tomorrow. It's late now
chotto kiitena
Wait a minute, The Last Remnant has some boss battles that can take up to an hour?

That pretty much kills any desire I had to play the game right there, to be honest.
Eggman of the Strata
The first five base battles are something like 40 minutes long just because there are so many guys.

The 6th base fight's probably a little over 1 hour because it's 3 boss fights.

And then I think the Holy Plains battle is about 1 hour.

Comparatively, the last boss fight is all of 10-15 minutes.

The second disc is kind of lame like that. There are very few dungeon zones in the story and it's mostly taken over by massive army fights that take forever and are aggravating. Had the game been a straight up SRPG, I think it would've worked better.
sir nabsalot
Finally played through MM9, and thought it was pretty great. I love this classic platforming, and the difficulty was just right. The couple "dick" spots in the game didn't bother me at all, though at least part of that comes from having played through most of the game taking turns with a buddy, and we would just laugh at the wtf parts. And the music was some of the best I can remember from the series.

Damn, I just remembered that I'd bought the MegaMan anniversary collection and it never came :U

Also, Wipeout HD continues to be awesome. Get it people!
grayfox9996
QUOTE(sir nabsalot @ Dec 9 2008, 08:03 AM) *
Also, Wipeout HD continues to be awesome. Get it people!

One of the few games I would buy for sure if I got a PS3. It's up there with MGS4 and Little Big Planet so that should say something!
rmz
I've been going back and forth on whether to get Wipeout HD simply because I am not a big racing fan anymore. Is it still worth it?
WILD RIDE
Can you pause the game at the start of a race, delete it from your HD, put some MP3s in it's place, and listen to those in-game?
grayfox9996
QUOTE(rmz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:03 PM) *
I've been going back and forth on whether to get Wipeout HD simply because I am not a big racing fan anymore. Is it still worth it?

It depends on if you played the PSP games or not. I played enough of them to know I enjoyed them, but I'm not much for racing games on portables without multiplayer (I just don't have anyone to play it with, since I'd need a friend with both a PSP and the game). Basically it's a complete HD remastering of everything that made those games good (so it's old ground), but with online multiplayer. Works out perfectly for me, at least!
WILD RIDE
They should do that with F-Zero X. No wait, they should make a DS version of F-Zero using the F-Zero X engine. That's what I meant to say.
Mazrim
QUOTE(WILD RIDE @ Dec 9 2008, 01:22 PM) *
They should do that with F-Zero X. No wait, they should make a DS version of F-Zero using the F-Zero X engine. That's what I meant to say.

"F-Zero X coming to the DSi Store soon!!!!!"
sir nabsalot
QUOTE(grayfox9996 @ Dec 9 2008, 12:28 PM) *
One of the few games I would buy for sure if I got a PS3. It's up there with MGS4 and Little Big Planet so that should say something!

It says you are a man of impeccable taste!

QUOTE(rmz @ Dec 9 2008, 01:03 PM) *

Hmm hard to say, really. What don't you like about racers in general? I'd classify Wipeout as an "arcade" racer since it's so simple: you hold down gas and steer. The tracks are "futuristic", over-the-top and gorgeous at 60fps. The use of air brakes in addition to normal steering is the crux of the controls; I use both analog steering and analog air brakes, and this makes for an amazing experience when the tracks are zooming by at 1000+ kph on the hardest difficulties and any wrong twitch can send you flying off the track or bouncing around brutally off the walls. The campaign mode is fun and challenging, but what really makes the game for me is Zone Mode, where they give you a ship that handles perfectly, and gets faster and faster (you don't even have to hold the gas in this mode, it's just steering) until you inevitably crash, and with each auto speed class increase they rotate an abstract color scheme for the graphics (which I can't really describe but is a great effect).

I finally got online last night and the multiplayer netcode works great. My only complaint is that there weren't a lot of games to choose from, but some times are probably better than others.

EDIT:
QUOTE(WILD RIDE @ Dec 9 2008, 01:06 PM) *
Can you pause the game at the start of a race, delete it from your HD, put some MP3s in it's place, and listen to those in-game?

Custom soundtracks are supported.. is this a reference to some version of the game off another system?
Mazrim
QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Dec 9 2008, 12:47 AM) *
I know quite well what you meant by heart tanks.. But now I gotta put in MMX3 to see if I can still Buster clear him first.. prolly tomorrow. It's late now

What's Vile's weakness again? I don't want to fight him again in the final area in his more powerful form with only a Mega Buster, so I'd like to use the final hit on him with his weakness so he explodes instead of teleporting away. I'm thinking it's Neon Tiger's weapon....but fuck if that's true. sad.gif
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(Mazrim @ Dec 9 2008, 01:35 PM) *
What's Vile's weakness again? I don't want to fight him again in the final area in his more powerful form with only a Mega Buster, so I'd like to use the final hit on him with his weakness so he explodes instead of teleporting away. I'm thinking it's Neon Tiger's weapon....but fuck if that's true. sad.gif

Each of the "optional" bosses have two weaknesses, if I remember. (well, 'cept for when Bit & Byte combine)
Vile's was the clawshrimp's spinning blades and after a quick FAQ search, the drill weapon
chotto kiitena
QUOTE(sir nabsalot @ Dec 9 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Custom soundtracks are supported.. is this a reference to some version of the game off another system?

I'm guessing on PSX people took out the game disc and replaced it with an audio CD.
PkerUNO
QUOTE(Xythar @ Dec 9 2008, 11:34 PM) *
I'm guessing on PSX people took out the game disc and replaced it with an audio CD.

Except that Wipeout & 2097 had fantastic on-disc soundtracks. Wipeout 3 did too, actually...

You can also download all of the "classic" Wipeout music from CoLD SToRAGE's site.
Eggman of the Strata
Wipeout Pulse is fantastic and I really like the way they changed up the traditional structure of four or five races per cup.

Also of note, playing Jumping Flash 1, taking out the disc and putting in Battle Arena Toshinden 1 and then closing the lid resulted in a very awesome remix of Eiji's theme for some reason.

Also, Double Jump Books responded awesomely. They responded in 3 hours with a message saying that they would be overnighting me a replacement guide and that the exact problem was that it was marked as shipped but no label was ever printed so it never got sent out. And now I have a tracking number too. Hooray.
WILD RIDE
QUOTE(Xythar @ Dec 9 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Yep. I remember doing it once, even though I never owned, or rented the game. The music echoed when you went through a tunnel, which was kind of cool; assuming it actually happened and I'm not remembering wrong since it had to have been 10 years ago.
Mazrim
QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Dec 9 2008, 02:47 PM) *
Each of the "optional" bosses have two weaknesses, if I remember. (well, 'cept for when Bit & Byte combine)
Vile's was the clawshrimp's spinning blades and after a quick FAQ search, the drill weapon

Thanks for this. I was able to do up to Godkmachine or whatever it's called...fucking annoying, even with the gold armor. I gave up and used his weakness because while it's definitely doable, I was running out of patience. I beat Neon Tiger with only the buster on my first try tonight though...but I had 6 heart tanks. Had one health left.
rmz
http://kotaku.com/5104351/oh-snaps-soulja-...ng-his-own-game

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS
Jadin
Superman 64
CStarFlare
QUOTE(rmz @ Dec 9 2008, 11:34 PM) *

crank that crank that shovelware
One Niceass Individual
hahahahahahahhaha
first, two 50 Cent games, and now this
Spiritsnare
okay question for all you knowledgable computer dudes out there

when my video card keeps on doing this what do I do to stop it

core 2 duo e7200, geforce 9800 gtx+ (with latest drivers courtesy of laptopvideo2go), 4GB RAM, winxp home, 650 watt power supply

edit oh, and all on an ECS G33T-M2 mobo
Axem Rangers
QUOTE(η-BEATS @ Dec 9 2008, 11:59 PM) *
hahahahahahahhaha
first, two 50 Cent games, and now this

Buffalo
Godmachine Inary is actually really easy. His fist grab attack? Just wall climb off the first one and dash under the 2nd. For his saber attack, just dash forward and then back over and over. I remember the one thing I thought that was funny about him is if you fight him in X's birthday suit and get hit by his grab attack, it's instant death.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(Spiritsnare @ Dec 9 2008, 10:32 PM) *
okay question for all you knowledgable computer dudes out there

when my video card keeps on doing this what do I do to stop it

core 2 duo e7200, geforce 9800 gtx+ (with latest drivers courtesy of laptopvideo2go), 4GB RAM, winxp home, 650 watt power supply

edit oh, and all on an ECS G33T-M2 mobo

Wow texture corruption. Has it always done this? Might want to run a ram test on the video card. Also if it's one of those overclocked cards you might want to try underclocking it a bit

And I'm gonna play some X3 and refresh myself on the game. It's been a while since I last played it (would've been when I picked up the PSX port in 2001)
Spiritsnare
It's done this on both video cards I've attempted this on (prior to the behemoth that is the GeForce 9800 GTX+, we started with an entry-level GeForce 9400GT), so it's very likely that it's not the video card.

Also, no overclocking has been attempted on any part of the aforementioned rig.
grayfox9996
QUOTE(Spiritsnare @ Dec 10 2008, 01:34 PM) *
It's done this on both video cards I've attempted this on (prior to the behemoth that is the GeForce 9800 GTX+, we started with an entry-level GeForce 9400GT), so it's very likely that it's not the video card.

Also, no overclocking has been attempted on any part of the aforementioned rig.

Not sure about Intel chips, but more often than not, AMD dual-core chipsets require an optimizer to run a lot of games properly - I couldn't even get Portal up and running until I got the dual-core optimization patch from AMD's site.

I'm assuming, of course, that you've already checked the cache files for your TF2 (another issue with portal was fucked up textures due to some corruption), unless this happens with EVERYTHING ELSE as well, in which case that's obviously not it.

Have you tried the official drivers from NVIDIA? Sometimes drivers from other sites aren't supported by all games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.