Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GAME THREAD
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327
grayfox9996
QUOTE (BBH @ Apr 7 2010, 09:12 PM) *
fffffffff

I seriously can't take two extra days of waiting, I need to be on this shit the day it's out!

What really killed me is that the Gaymestop I preordered regular SF4 at ended up getting it on Wednesday instead of Tuesday and I sure wasn't happy that Tuesday. Needless to say I haven't preordered and am not sure what my plan of action is going to be. Some place near here needs to do a midnight release god dammit.

If anything crops up with a midnight release, I'll pre-order there, pick it up at midnight, then return the copy I get from Amazon to whichever store that is (and thus, I get it day one, AND I get my pre-order bonus and $10 gift card - win/win). If no midnight release pops up and I'm not busy on the 27th, I'll probably just pick it up at Best Buy, anyway, and do the same thing. But yeah, the whole pre-order fiasco on SF4 was really terrible - Amazon pushed back my ship date a day, and most of my friends who didn't get copies half a week early from places that broke street date didn't even get the game until Wednesday, either, when most of the shipments here came in.

I've tried this but unfortunately using the stick as left analog for Pacifism makes it feel really laggy and sluggish. sad.gif

Well, this certainly makes me less tempted to get another arcade stick. How disappointing. sad.gif
rmz
If my Gamestop doesn't have Super on the release date I'm pretty sure I'd go to prison based on what I would do next.

That idea about returning your extra copy to Gamestop is a good one, I should do that; I'm getting a release-day copy from Gamestop, but I'll have another copy coming a few days after that because I also ordered the Dojo Edition because I'm a sucker for collectible merchandise.
briankun
QUOTE (rmz @ Apr 8 2010, 11:55 AM) *
If my Gamestop doesn't have Super on the release date I'm pretty sure I'd go to prison based on what I would do next.

If I remember correctly the Gamestops in Tampa are pretty good with most big titles in regards to getting them in on the release date. However my friends who live in SMALL HICK TOWNS seem to have to wait like 2 extra days/months/years because no one loves them. So I guess it depends on WHERE YOU IS.
Eggman of the Strata
I haven't been around lately because my motherboard died so now I'm just upgrading everything so hooray I'll be able to play new PC games and not just stuff from before 2007 at high settings. Maybe now I'll enjoy The Witcher since it won't look like an N64 game. I won't be able to afford SSF4 right away though so ;_;

Thankfully I have friends that I hang out with multiple times each week that are getting it right away so I can just get local practice at first.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (rmz @ Apr 8 2010, 08:55 AM) *
That idea about returning your extra copy to Gamestop is a good one, I should do that; I'm getting a release-day copy from Gamestop, but I'll have another copy coming a few days after that because I also ordered the Dojo Edition because I'm a sucker for collectible merchandise.

I could NOT bring myself to justify the extra money I'd be spending to get the Dojo Edition - I wouldn't use any of it besides the shirt, really haha. I have enough random bags and things like that, and the water bottle would go unused.

QUOTE (briankun @ Apr 8 2010, 10:04 AM) *
If I remember correctly the Gamestops in Tampa are pretty good with most big titles in regards to getting them in on the release date. However my friends who live in SMALL HICK TOWNS seem to have to wait like 2 extra days/months/years because no one loves them. So I guess it depends on WHERE YOU IS.

Well, I'm in central Phoenix, so it's not exactly a hick town - most games are fine for release day, but something happened with the SF4 shipments out here - almost all of the stores didn't get them until late Tuesday or Wednesday, and the Amazon warehouse here didn't get it until Wednesday, which was when my copy shipped.

And man, have there even been many good PC exclusives in the last few years? I wanted Empire: Total War for a while, but I saw a friend playing it, and wow is it buggy as hell. And Napoleon looked worse, even. And almost everything else I'd want I've either already played on console, or there's a sequel that's also coming out on a console sometime soon.
djplaeskool
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:11 PM) *
And man, have there even been many good PC exclusives in the last few years?

Sins of a Solar Empire is pretty damn good. If you dig 4X stuff, this might be up your alley.
Eggman of the Strata
I could already play Sins pretty well. It's more for being able to play games that are both on 360 and PC but could obviously look better on PC. And I have friends that play Borderlands on PC so I could play that with them. Maybe try out Supreme Commander 2 or something. And I always wanted to play Dawn of War 2 but everything but the video card would choke on that. And it'd be cool to play through Fallout 3 with some added mods.
rmz
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:11 AM) *
I could NOT bring myself to justify the extra money I'd be spending to get the Dojo Edition - I wouldn't use any of it besides the shirt, really haha. I have enough random bags and things like that, and the water bottle would go unused.

The bag and water bottle alone are more useful items (for me) than anything in any of the IIDX special editions that I've ever purchased, so it was a pretty easy choice for me. I pretty much always have a water bottle by my side both at home and at work and I can use the duffel bag as a stick sack for both of my sticks.
Axem Rangers
QUOTE (briankun @ Apr 8 2010, 12:04 PM) *

I love your sig image

glad to see someone here is down

anyway I just beat cave story I am only like six years behind the times huh
I wanted to play it like a year ago but I figured I'd wait for the Wii Ware version, especially since I am more inclined to actually play things if I pay for them, but then everybody said it wasn't worth paying for or whatever, and I'm not exactly comping at the bit to use the wiimote's d-pad, so I just played the PC version
started it yesterday, finished it just now
it's quite good, I mean, obviously, I don't need to tell anyone here that I guess
I'm going to have to replay it soon, though, judging from the number of characters in the credits that I didn't meet or interact with, as well as the "Clock Room" on the island's rim that I never figured out...some other things. I am typically pretty bad at this kind of game.
The ending sort of underwhelmed me, is there more than one?
Eggman of the Strata
Yeah. Have fun getting the real ending. I don't even know how to do it. My asking about it is usually just met with some under-the-breath swearing and a head-shaking.
grayfox9996
GUYS RELEASE DATE DELIVERY ADDED ON SSF4 ON AMAZON I am very happy right now! I love Amazon Prime trials. biggrin.gif
Tropical Pallete
I wish Sonic Unleashed (the 360 version) was a good game.
chotto kiitena
YOU GUYS

Strange Journey is great.

Also only 1 trophy away from platinum-ing FF13... but it's a doozy.
BBH
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:50 PM) *
GUYS RELEASE DATE DELIVERY ADDED ON SSF4 ON AMAZON I am very happy right now! I love Amazon Prime trials. biggrin.gif

Welp,
security tubbs
QUOTE (Rowen of the Strata @ Apr 8 2010, 12:04 PM) *
Yeah. Have fun getting the real ending. I don't even know how to do it. My asking about it is usually just met with some under-the-breath swearing and a head-shaking.

Cave Story? I thought it was "propel yourself over the gap the professor(?) is in with the machine gun, curly will not die, ending area will be bitch-hard now".
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE (Shades of Grey @ Apr 9 2010, 01:45 AM) *
Cave Story? I thought it was "propel yourself over the gap the professor(?) is in with the machine gun, curly will not die, ending area will be bitch-hard now".

the process to save curly is a little more involved than that actually
shit took me 3 maybe 4 play-throughs before i finally got it right

but if you jump perfectly in the room where the professor gives you a jetpack and accepts the icy hand of death, you can skip that and he'll find the strength to live and give you a jetpack that kicks the shit out of the one you normally get

then the "final" area is changed to be harder, and after the "final" boss there's one more section to visit. that area is hard as tits but if you push through it you can see the game's 3rd ending.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Apr 9 2010, 06:35 AM) *
the process to save curly is a little more involved than that actually
shit took me 3 maybe 4 play-throughs before i finally got it right

Same here. I would refer to a FAQ and then think I could solve the rest on my own. NOPE. Restart
To jump the pit that Doc Booster is in, get a running start and jump when you're over the odd red pixel line on the left side and you should clear it without problems. Miss and you'll have to restart, but at least the save is right there!

Then there's nonsense during the sequence where you have to drain the water from Curly, including checking a book shelf.. you know, something that you've never had to do before in the game and didn't give you any flavor text if you tried it before until this specific room.

I still never beat the final hidden boss. I got him to his final form and then stopped playing the PC version while waiting for the Wii version... then stopped playing that after the first few days it was out.

Hrm, another week has passed that I have not played any more FFXIII...
Axem Rangers
I will probably check an FAQ before/as I am replaying it, which I should do soon before I lose interest haha.
Eggman of the Strata
QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Apr 8 2010, 09:13 PM) *
YOU GUYS

Strange Journey is great.

Also only 1 trophy away from platinum-ing FF13... but it's a doozy.

It really is really really good. I'm up to Delphinus and the whole game is pretty awesome.

Also, I'm guessing the only one you have left in 13 is Treasure Hunter, which should be easy for you considering you have Welch Mastery. I'm definitely not going to bother with it.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (Rowen of the Strata @ Apr 9 2010, 10:51 AM) *
should be easy for you, considering you're the World's Biggest Welch Fan
Schlagwerk
QUOTE (Axem Rangers @ Apr 9 2010, 10:22 AM) *
I will probably check an FAQ before/as I am replaying it, which I should do soon before I lose interest haha.

Or here, since it's still fresh in my mind:

-After the fight with Monster X when you see Dr. Booster fall into a pit, jump over to the other side. He gives you Booster 0.8 and you don't want that
-Right before you talk to Curly and the broken soldier that leads into the fight with the Core, search the lower-right area of the room to find a tow cable
-After you beat the core and Curly gives you her air tank, search Curly's unconscious body and say yes when prompted to use the tow cable
-Halfway through the waterway, before Ironhead, is a safe-house guarded by a single bat. Go in there, sleep on the bed (you'll put Curly down on the bed), search her, search the computer, search the book-shelves, search Curly a couple of times until you've drained the water from her and picked her back up. You'll lose her after the fight with Ironhead
(optional)-While climbing up the Outer Wall, there's a room hidden in the back corner of an alcove marked by a block with a clock on it. In there is a treasure chest that includes a stopwatch for Sacred Ground time attacks
-When you get to the Plantation, drop off the bridge and search the ground for a hole where a Cthulu is watching over Curly
-After you get the Booster 2.0, don't ride the rocket yet. Go back to the starting town, go to the graveyard (there was a key there early in the game), and go into the door in the upper-right with your Booster
-Talk to Ma Pinion and tell it you have business with it. Go to the inventory and check the item it gave you. Now talk to it a few more times until it fights you. Beat it, take its item form, and return to Curly at the Plantation
-You'll have to go through a harder final area and get a better ending
(optional)-During the escape sequence after the final bosses, go into the safe house. Drop down the hole to get to the Sacred Ground. Prepare to die... a lot. You can save in the safe house and if you want to return to the ending sequence proper, read a book somewhere in the house and say Yes to turning back time

There's also a few extra useless items you can find in the game, as well as some "hidden" weapons too
Axem Rangers
hee

thanks

yeah I got the bubble gun which I believe was optional but it looked like there was still space for one more weapon

and there were a couple rooms (the clock room, the statue room) that I couldn't figure out what were for, so I figured I was missing some stuff. I did go back and check the room with Ma Pinion but I hadn't done all that other stuff so he just told me to go away.
Buffalo
i used turbo in the sacred grounds to beat it for the first time

im a cheater
deathrazor
60 mil on pacifism... only because i ran my stupid ass into a gate
briankun
QUOTE (Axem Rangers @ Apr 8 2010, 03:01 PM) *
I love your sig image

glad to see someone here is down

Hell yea HOMIE.
We should hang out
and paint our faces and spray faygo everywhere.

HATERS GET PUNCHED IN THE NUGGS.
WOOP WOOP!
(MMFWCL)
security tubbs
QUOTE (Rowen of the Strata @ Apr 9 2010, 10:51 AM) *
It really is really really good. I'm up to Delphinus and the whole game is pretty awesome.

I love that sector E basically opens up the old-school "fuck you" all over the player. (Not in any kind of bullshit manner, just... there is a sudden rise in difficulty and you will be dealing with REAL dungeon crawling.)

That's right. Your first four sectors were TUTORIAL. Suck on that for a subtle opening, FFXIII.

Also I just got Megido, whoop whoop.
Eggman of the Strata
Eh, Strange Journey has yet to be difficult, but I'm also kind of ridiculous on making sure my demons are just right and that I have a full team of the same type so I can combo things to death.

Also, it's really nice having a nice computer.
chotto kiitena

Turtle Farmer Extraordinaire.

Actually "Welch Mastery" is more appropriate than you think since you get the Serah theme/gamerpic for getting all the trophies/achievements, and she's voiced by the same person as Welch.

Now I suppose I need to do something else with my life sad.gif
Axem Rangers
;_;
Schala
QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Apr 11 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Now I suppose I need to do something else with my life sad.gif

Ultimate An Hero

check out that WILD RIDE 4chan Burn
Mazrim
The lack of demos on the PSN is brutal. ADVICE TIME!

Which of these is the best bang for you buck?
- Wipeout HD ($25)
- PixelJunk Shooter ($10)
- Shatter ($7)

They all look interesting but I'd love to know what you guys think of them first.
Eggman of the Strata
If you're getting Wipeout HD, get the bundle that also comes with Wipeout Fury because it adds quite a bit. It also goes on sale randomly so you might just want to wait for it. It's really good though.
security tubbs
QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Apr 11 2010, 07:42 AM) *
...you get the Serah theme/gamerpic for getting all the trophies/achievements...

Wait you can do this with games?

Shit, is there anywhere with a list of these? I keep wishing I had better skins for my PS3 and it might be worth polishing off a couple of games to see what comes out.

Also gonna second the Wipeout HD/Fury comment. Love that thing.
chotto kiitena
I can tell you the FF13 ones aren't really worth it
security tubbs
I haven't bought FFXIII and didn't plan to anytime soon, but thanks for the heads up.

(strange journey - best rpg of march 2010)
chotto kiitena
It's pretty awesome. It's even making me want to try Devil Survivor again although I fear that might end in me discovering that I still hate the gameplay.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (chotto kiitena @ Apr 11 2010, 08:37 PM) *
It's pretty awesome. It's even making me want to try Devil Survivor again although I fear that might end in me discovering that I still hate the gameplay.

This reminds me of watching my friend playing Persona 4 convincing me to go back and put 15 more hours into P3 FES before realizing I still hated the gameplay. I have a feeling this will repeat itself whenever Persona 5 comes out and said friend is playing that, but hopefully I remember the mistake I made last time.

And yes, I will never stop bringing up how bad P3 is. tongue.gif
rmz
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Apr 11 2010, 09:06 PM) *
And yes, I will never stop bringing up how bad P3 is. tongue.gif

I cannot comprehend this

But opinions etc
Tropical Pallete
I stopped playing both Persona 3 and 4 halfway after watching my brother play through the endings of both games. That's why I try to play games he doesn't now.

Speaking of which, whoever designed the Chun-nan levels, both the day and night time ones, in Sonic Unleashed should be punched in the nuts by every other person who worked on the game.
security tubbs
QUOTE (Tropical Pallete @ Apr 11 2010, 09:30 PM) *
Speaking of which, whoever designed the Chun-nan levels, both the day and night time ones, in Sonic Unleashed should be punched in the nuts by every other person who worked on the game.

The only one of these I'll agree with is Kung-Fu Speed.

Fuck that mission, probably a good two or three hours of my playtime were spent on that one goddamn course.
chotto kiitena
QUOTE (rmz @ Apr 11 2010, 11:19 PM) *
I cannot comprehend this

But opinions etc

"I do not comprehend"
Tropical Pallete
I'd like the day time level fine if not for the annoying bit about running on water, which is far more difficult to do than it sounds. I died twice in the night time level due to the inability to see a ledge that caused to instantly die in the water, forcing me to backtrack both times as much as 5 minutes of time as well as lose all the points I earned.

I haven't played Chun-nan's extra missions, or the challenges for them, but if they're anything like the earlier worlds, I'll loathe them. Do ALL the challenges (get 100 rings, finish in a specific time, etc.) have to be finished on a single life?
security tubbs
QUOTE (Tropical Pallete @ Apr 11 2010, 10:30 PM) *
I haven't played Chun-nan's extra missions, or the challenges for them, but if they're anything like the earlier worlds, I'll loathe them. Do ALL the challenges (get 100 rings, finish in a specific time, etc.) have to be finished on a single life?

Yes. Die and you lose the whole thing.

If you think this is bad wait until you see the final set of three challenges. Holy shit.
Tropical Pallete
You mean Eggmanland's? I heard nightmares about those.
security tubbs
QUOTE (Tropical Pallete @ Apr 12 2010, 12:22 AM) *
You mean Eggmanland's? I heard nightmares about those.

Oooo yeah. Good news is the only thing you have to do there is finish a time trial.

Bad news is you have to make it through the nastiest stage in the game three times, and it's telling that the three times you have to beat are 75m, 60m, and 45m without dying.

I will probably never go back and finish that achievement, in all honesty.
Eggman of the Strata
Yeah, my house is kind of a bitch to get through.
chotto kiitena
Fuck, Devil Survivor really has the worst goddamn music.

Game basically has 4 songs:

1. OK Tokyo overworld music
2. Dumb auction music
3. Shitty battle music that sounds like DAJI trying to compose for Nocturne
4. You attacked an enemy in battle? HOLY FUCKING SHIT TIME TO WANK OFF MY GUITAR UUNNGGGHHH

Seriously considering just playing the rest of the game in mute mode.

NB: Other victims of this game's soundtrack may believe that the game has more than 4 songs. This is merely the product of a delusional mind unable to deal with listening to tunes 3 and 4 for half an hour straight causing the brain to invent new music as a coping mechanism. I recommend you stop writing your post and seek therapy.
Eggman of the Strata
That was a fun game. Especially when I solo'd the final stage with just my main character. That was awesome.
spineshark
Fuck you, the auction music is amazing, best song in Megaten since the Nocturne healing spring. Also the "DAJI song" doesn't sound anything like him because it's actually good. But I'll give you the others!

The game itself is really good though. I picked it up finally at the same time as SJ because the backlash made me nervous, but I'm way more addicted to this, even after wasting a whole night on Beldr =/
Schlagwerk
Rumors starting to float around that Ys SEVEN and Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki are coming to the US. The former interests me 'cause now I can finally get some friends to play Ys SEVEN and the latter interests me because the Sora no Kiseki trilogy are the #1 JRPGs I've wanted to play for the last several years
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.