Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quickening [a] appreciation thread
Solid State Squad Forums > Beatmania IIDX > Music To Your Head
Devilkhai
What a great song with a great chart.

Seriously, how the fuck do you guys hit that shitty wall+jacks w/o getting at least 6 or 7 misses? Also the chords that have the occasional double taps make it
seemingly impossible for me to AAA it. Hell, if the song had 32nd glissandos I'd rate it harder than Mei anyday.
Tips for getting the AAA plz? (P.S of course I play random I'm asking for hints on how to not get 20+ misses at the retarded hard parts :X)
over there
Don't play random.

Seriously.

Worked for me biggrin.gif I use random almost every song, but some more complex songs are just easier without it.

You seriously gotta love that 24th roll on 5+7 in the middle of the wall man, c'mon. What a great chart biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just remembered how happy Kay0ss was when he AAAd it, lol. Much improvements there man.
One Niceass Individual
man your gotta be quiccer then dat!
therealbong
I like Otaku's line of thought. Playing it normal is how I originally first got it too (the jack hammerish bar 41 isn't nearly as bad, cause they're all white keys). If you can't get it on the normal, then try it on mirror. For the most part (the beginning and end) its easy as hell to time which should make up for that middle part of dooooooooooom.
If playing normal doesn't help though, then I suggest finding out what your favorite 'bass' key is. For me, its the 5 key. I always seem to do best when the bass is on that key, although I really can't explain why. The key I hate most for the bass is the 2 key.

Other than that there's not much I can tell you. Being able to do that middle part is all up to reading skills which is up to you. If your weakness is double tap chords, then try working on that for a while before coming back to Quickening. Honestly best bet is to just not think about it, and not play it for like 2 weeks, and then play it afterwards. I ALWAYS notice a huge leap of skill within that amount of time for me.
chotto kiitena
10 my ass mad.gif
loluralimey
JAM HARDER
linus
QUOTE(XytharDX @ May 22 2007, 02:34 PM) *
10 my ass mad.gif

Yeah... should be a 9 =/
over there
Didn't it used to be an 11 for some strange reason?
Toph
QUOTE(otaku1313 @ May 21 2007, 06:57 PM) *
Don't play random.

Seriously.

Worked for me biggrin.gif I use random almost every song, but some more complex songs are just easier without it.

You seriously gotta love that 24th roll on 5+7 in the middle of the wall man, c'mon. What a great chart biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just remembered how happy Kay0ss was when he AAAd it, lol. Much improvements there man.

I totally agree. My first AAA was nonrandom. Just focus on timing the shit out of the easy parts - ALL the easy parts. Stuff that you can COMBO, you should be able to time. Just figure the patterns out. It's all sporadic bursts like Tissue [a], not long streams, so maybe practice with Tissue [a] or something. Or just, yeah.
Jadin
training mode

300 timessssssssssssssssssss
loluralimey
I still say jamming harder works better. I mean shit it even works in MvC2 and Melty Blood and even some cases IIDX.
bapple cider vinegar
keep playing

I haven't played the song in forever, but even last times I played I'm mainly just like MAAAASSSHHHHH. I will update when I play it again MAYBE.

I think you meant to call for Dolce and Kimchi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.