Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8th Style CS / Pop'n 10 Get Release Dates
Solid State Squad Forums > News & Suggestions > Last Message
Pages: 1, 2
Remy
Konami has put release dates up for 8th Style, Pop'n 10, and "DDR Festival".

They will all be released on November 18th.

Referral links are up in the store; as always, I am eternally grateful for anyone who orders through them. If you do, let me know so I can personally thank you.
chotto kiitena
Cool.

I might not have been coming here back when I preordered 7th, but I'll certainly preorder 8th through your link when it's up.
grayfox9996
Same here. I'm just wondering, how's shipping with Play-Asia? 7th Style I had free shipping from Lik-Sang (it was also the cheapest I could find the game for), but it took 2 weeks to get here.
Shapermc
QUOTE (grayfox9996 @ Aug 18 2004, 01:46 PM)
Same here. I'm just wondering, how's shipping with Play-Asia? 7th Style I had free shipping from Lik-Sang (it was also the cheapest I could find the game for), but it took 2 weeks to get here.

Play-Asia's shipping is ultra cheap and takes 10 - 14 days. I find them better than Lik-Sang.

I have a question about Play-Asia preordering. I have never pre-ordered from them, so I want to know:

Do they charge your CC at time of shipping or when you pre-order? If it is at time of pre-order I will have to wait.
Bean
Has that happened before? Where three different Bemani games have had the same exact release date? Seems odd... almost like overkill. I always remember them staggering Bemani games a bit.
aechris
QUOTE (Shapermc @ Aug 18 2004, 02:53 PM)
Do they charge your CC at time of shipping or when you pre-order? If it is at time of pre-order I will have to wait.

It's not until they actually ship it out. biggrin.gif
DJ Sammy
Why couldn't it wait untill November 20th? Then we could celebrate TWO things, the release of 8th style and Reo Nagumo's birthday.
PkerUNO
Someone on DDRUK suggested we might be getting a new song to this effect smile.gif
chotto kiitena
8th Style is up at Play-Asia now.
Remy
Links are up.
Sub
Anybody know anything about what's going to be in the Pop'n 10 LE? I may or may not spring for it.
Shapermc
QUOTE (Remy @ Aug 19 2004, 08:31 AM)
Links are up.

Thanks for the links. That supports you right? Just wanted to make sure because that is what I used. tongue.gif
Kilroy
Pre-Ordered via VJArmy link happy.gif

Thanks Remy!
Mazrim
Also Pre-ordered through your link, Remy. Thanks biggrin.gif
Remy
Much thanks, you two.

Shapermc: Yes, I get $1.80 a game for these three games.
Lunarius
Just about to pre-order Pop'n 10 and 8th Style smile.gif Heh, screw DDR biggrin.gif
dj HaQ
Remy, preordered IIDX 8th through your link. Or at least it better have been. smile.gif Enjoy your free games, bitch. wink.gif
grayfox9996
QUOTE (Shapermc)
Play-Asia's shipping is ultra cheap and takes 10 - 14 days. I find them better than Lik-Sang.

That's how long Lik-Sang took to get me 7th Style, but it was free shipping...ah well. I'll make Remy some money. tongue.gif

I'll be ordering next week, after I move (don't want it shipping here).
Remy
Big AAA thanks to Lunarius and HaQ.

And yeah, my order is completely covered and then some, thanks to kind souls like you guys. I do hope to be throwing more of the referral stuff back into the community (as I did to a limited extent with the R5 Challenge). I've got something in mind but we'll see how it goes.
chotto kiitena
I preordered it through the link as well, of course.
Irob
I would order through your link but my Dad's credit card isn't accepted at PASIA.

So I can't make you get free games. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif .

I guess I'll have to buy it through gamechoiceclub or lik-sang or something or other.
Taren
I believe this game is being released on 18, November per Japanese law. I had read somewhere that there was a law forbidding the release of video games in Japan on any day other than Thursday due to its potential effect on school children.
Remy
Then thank you as well! biggrin.gif
chotto kiitena
QUOTE (Taren @ Aug 19 2004, 09:20 PM)
I believe this game is being released on 18, November per Japanese law. I had read somewhere that there was a law forbidding the release of video games in Japan on any day other than Thursday due to its potential effect on school children.

That doesn't sound right. I remember hearing about a law restricting Dragon Quest games to weekends (not even sure if it still exists) but restricting all games to Thursdays doesn't sound likely. Besides, what's so special about Thursday as opposed to like Saturday?
BBH
Just placed my preorder through the link, woot woot. biggrin.gif
ncsbert
QUOTE (XytharDX @ Aug 19 2004, 09:40 PM)

That doesn't sound right. I remember hearing about a law restricting Dragon Quest games to weekends (not even sure if it still exists) but restricting all games to Thursdays doesn't sound likely. Besides, what's so special about Thursday as opposed to like Saturday?

I believe that Dragon Quest games can only be released on Sundays in Japan. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on other games though. What is so unusual about releasing a game on Thursday in Japan anyway?
PkerUNO
Forgot to add that I preordered it via link too smile.gif
db!
Pre-ordered through the link as well. <3

Thanks for info!
Remy
Thank you all, again and again and again!

I put my pre-order in today as well for 8th Style and Pop'n 10, and I owe all you guys big.
grayfox9996
Preorder logged, as the first thing done on my new Cox Cable account in AZ. biggrin.gif
CStarFlare
Preordered IIDX 8th through VJ Army.

I love VJ Army, and I'm looking forward to Pop'n Navy almost as much as Pop'n 10 (which I'll probably reserve through VJ Army as well). It's the least I can do to repay you for all the hard work you've done on both sites.

<3 Remy.
DJ Sammy
How much is Remy getting for every preorder through his links? I don't mind helping him out, I'm just curious.
chotto kiitena
I think he said about $1.70 before.
grayfox9996
QUOTE (XytharDX)
I think he said about $1.70 before.

QUOTE (Remy @ Aug 19 2004, 09:47 AM)
...I get $1.80 a game for these three games.
chotto kiitena
Well, I was close. <_<
grayfox9996
Yeah, I'm just a smartass, sorry. tongue.gif
Smbu
So remy just curious. If you ordered the game using your own referral link do you also get another $1.80 for the game you ordered? tongue.gif

oh BTW I also pre-ordered 8th style through your link on the site. biggrin.gif
Remy
I don't *think* I do, but it would be amusing if I did.

All I see is a "orders pending" number, which is rather inaccurate - it hasn't changed in a week now, despite everyone ordering, and I had something similar happen last time. When the orders ship, I see the ship date, the amount of referral monies, and assuming it's in my top 10 for the quarter, I can see a product get notched on my top 10 items.

For more fun data information, my top 10 sales items of the last 6 months:
7th Style - 41
IIDX Controller - 8
6th Style - 6
Pop'n 9 - 5
DDR Extreme - 3
Pop'n 8 - 3
Visual Works Vol. 1 - 3
5th Style - 3
Rave Discman - 3
Katamari Damacy - 2

I continue to shake my fist and curse at those who ordered the Rave Discman.
Azure
QUOTE (ncsbert @ Aug 19 2004, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (XytharDX @ Aug 19 2004, 09:40 PM)

I believe that Dragon Quest games can only be released on Sundays in Japan. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on other games though. What is so unusual about releasing a game on Thursday in Japan anyway?

Longer school days on Thursday? Just a wild guess.
chotto kiitena
That's more stuff than you've actually got on the front page, isn't it? O_o

What's Katamari Damacy?
grayfox9996
QUOTE (Remy @ Aug 28 2004, 07:41 PM)
I continue to shake my fist and curse at those who ordered the Rave Discman.

Maybe they were going to build their own ASC's out of them? biggrin.gif
Deets
QUOTE (Xythar)
What's Katamari Damacy?

Totally brilliant, according to everything I've heard.
Website's here.
db!
So what is it for those of us who can't read Japanese? d:X
Remy
Katamari is the sleeper hit of the year.

Essentially, you are very small, and you have a ball, and you roll the ball into things and it picks them up. And you're trying to grow your ball to a particular size per level.

It is insanely fun, has the best soundtrack of a game I've heard this year, and is coming out in the US next month for $20.

Must-have.
Deets
QUOTE (db!)
So what is it for those of us who can't read Japanese? d:X

It's an absurdly wacky game, the crux of which revolves around rolling a ball of garbage around levels, accumuutf8g yet more garbage, and causing your garbage to ball grow ever larger. The goal of most stages is to get your ball to a certain size within the time limit, and of course after getting your ball of garbage to a certain size, the scale of the following stages increases. So while the early levels have you rolling around on tabletops and such, as you progress your ball of garbage soon eclipses cities, and even planets. Also: the game has an incredibly awesome soundtrack.

And: I was apparently typing this up at the same time as Remy. Oops!
rmz
QUOTE (Remy @ Aug 30 2004, 04:17 PM)
coming out in the US next month for $20.

That is the one game that I would've NEVER expected to make it to the US. This is the first I've heard about it.

MUST BUY!
DJ Sammy
I finally Pre-ordered IIDX 8th Style from your links. When do you think that Konami will give us any updates for it? I want to know what they're putting in the game, other than the songs meant for 8th Style.
Remy
[quote=DJ Sammy,Aug 30 2004, 09:27 PM]I finally Pre-ordered IIDX 8th Style from your links.
Taren
As an added bonus, if you wait around on the main page for KD long enough, the random pointing fingers eventually flip you the bird.
Shade23
I pre-ordered 8th style the day they were available, i love the soundtrack, one of my favorite. Also i paly it alot at the arcade smile.gif good stuff, trust me. That garbage game sounds cool too, i'll have to pick that up sometime. I hope its as cool as that japanese fish game on that demo disc... Weird as hell but fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.