Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8th style timing
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Garden of Love
Akur0
the timing on this style is tighter than a straight man's ass in san fransico.

seriously is it me or the game?
Madek
QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Aug 17 2006, 08:49 PM) *
me
Saiyajin
Take time getting used to playing on different styles.
bapple cider vinegar
it Flux-es (get it) back and forth. at least that's what a konami rep whispered in my ear one time.

add Eat Breakfast Every Day to the above post statement
Akur0
excuse me mr ryan2dx.

no offence but what credentials do you have?

I don't want the advice of a neophyte
Madek
I first started playing a few months ago when Beatmania was released in the US, I guess it had been out in Japan for a while.. but I didn't know. (How could I? I live in California!! LOL!) I was walking through Target with my mommy, buying me some new Suave shampoo (I love the way it makes my hair smell! hehe!) and candy that my mommy gives me when I do all my chores for the day. smile.gif I walked into the video game department by chance, and saw a DJ mixing table pictured on the side of a Playstation 2 video game box, boy did I think it looked cool! I've always looked up to those DJs on MTV that I see all of the time, so I wanted to be like them... I was able to get my mom to buy the game for me for an early Birthday present (She is so nice sometimes!) I got home and was troubled by the difficulty of the game, but I kept at it. I'm finally able to receive a letter "C" grade on a few songs, which I think is pretty good. (I even have a few "B"s under my belt! Ha! Ha!) I actually haven't played 8th style but I read these forums quite frequently so I know a thing or two about the Japanese import versions of the game.
blah
Hahahahahaha *dies*

On topic: 8th style is one of the best timed releases IMO. If you want to complain, pick on 6th or earlier.
mind the gap
QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Aug 17 2006, 11:02 PM) *
excuse me mr ryan2dx.

no offence but what credentials do you have?

I don't want the advice of a neophyte

I AM DEAD.

BOSS MATSUDULKJWHATEVER IS OFFICIALLY DEAD

ps insta-sigged
sikraiken
Don't listen to mr. ryan2dx, he doesn't know what he is talking about.
kingnautilus
man your guys just angry you cant be good like ryan!!!!!
bapple cider vinegar
QUOTE(ryan2dx @ Aug 17 2006, 11:28 PM) *
I'm finally able to receive a letter "C" grade on a few songs, which I think is pretty good. (I even have a few "B"s under my belt! Ha! Ha!)

I hate to flatten your fancy, mr.ryan2dx,butt in the imported versions of Beatmania, those Cs you got on BMUS are actually Fs =(. And please, next time, try to buy stuff with your daddy. He'll make you a man.
Saiyajin
Wow.

Hahahaha...

The sad part is... that post is the longest thing I've seen Ryan write for a LOOONG time.

;_;

Come back to ussssssss(meeeeee) plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Krazy
COMEDY GOLD

PS: 8th has good timing.
Saiyajin
QUOTE(Krazy @ Aug 18 2006, 12:31 AM) *
COMEDY GOLD

PS: 8th has good timing.

Nut uh. I HAEDR THAT IF YUO PLAY ON A PLASMAR TV 8RD STYLE HAS BAD TIMING LOL! IDIOT! DUH!
Akur0
I didn't say the timing was bad. it's acctually very very good, it's just fucking tight.
sikraiken
QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Aug 18 2006, 01:12 AM) *
I didn't say the timing was bad. it's acctually very very good, it's just fucking tight.

It's not tighter than any of the other styles. As mr ryan2dx said, it's just

QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Aug 17 2006, 09:49 PM) *
me
Gorrum
SHAMPOO INCREASES GAMEPLAY

@HOT DOG EAT
Akur0
QUOTE(SiKrAiKeN @ Aug 18 2006, 01:19 AM) *
It's not tighter than any of the other styles. As mr ryan2dx said, it's just

there is a noticeable difference for myself but hey, you don't have to agree with me.
chardish
Are you kidding me? I think 8th has the loosest timing out of all the 2nd generation IIDX games. I get way better scores on 8th than I do on the same songs on 6th or 7th.
Akur0
I haven't played either other game in over two years
Toph
haha
Jadin
It's all about the green apple suave. It's what the pro DJs use. (or if you're feeling a little bit like happy techno, go for strawberry)
Akur0
QUOTE(Jadin @ Aug 18 2006, 03:44 AM) *
It's all about the green apple suave. It's what the pro DJs use. (or if you're feeling a little bit like happy techno, go for strawberry)

man fuck that shit.

hook my ass up with some VO5 punchy pomergranate bitch, herbal shampoo on yo ass.

emphasis on the mutha fucking herbal nigga *lights blunt*
One Niceass Individual
that post is more amazing than 50 greats on MAX300
Akur0
WHY THE HELL DON'T PEOPLE INFORM ME OF THIS SHIT

me:hey
RLS:yo
me:who is this ryanIIDX guy he seems better than he's letting on
dude seriously read this
RLS: that's ryry
me: @_@
oops

*edit*

I don't care he's so fucking good he could like fucking triple A gigadelic 7K with his tounge alone. he doesn't have to worry about timing.

FUCK, I can't belive I did that shit.
Jadin
The point is, you should take his word for it. That's like saying you shouldn't listen to pointers from Michael Jordan about basketball because he doesn't have to worry about making baskets.

ps Suave shampoo increases IIDX skill by slowly soaking a keen sense of rhythm through your scalp and into your brain.
Akur0
ehh, I'm just speaking out of annoyance self dissapointment and irritation at this point.
Jadin
well then play 9th instead, the timing window is more loose anyway =)
Akur0
I personally think the timing for ninth is perfect in everyway possible
BBH
the question is, since you didn't know that ryan2dx was indeed RYRY/MAX300, why did you automatically assume he was a "neophyte"?
Akur0
low post and a sense of attitude that I got from him, just me being defensive really.

also to those to lazy to look it up

ne·o·phyte Audio pronunciation of "neophyte" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-ft)
n.

A beginner or novice
aechris
BBH
QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Aug 18 2006, 02:40 AM) *
low post

I put more faith in a person's join date than their post count. Any noob can join the forums and spam up a storm relatively quickly, know what I mean?
Kirby Kirby Kirby
QUOTE(BBH @ Aug 18 2006, 07:54 AM) *
I put more faith in a person's join date than their post count. Any noob can join the forums and spam up a storm relatively quickly, know what I mean?

I have no clue what you might be referring to, BBH. ohmy.gif
flux
QUOTE(Oddity @ Aug 17 2006, 10:59 PM) *
it Flux-es (get it) back and forth. at least that's what a konami rep whispered in my ear one time.

Was that get it for my name, or did I missing something else?
Kirby Kirby Kirby
I'd guess so. By the way, your recent tracks are fucking awesome.
chotto kiitena
oh god this is the best thread ever I just got here from matsumoto's sig for the first time

no offence Spiral, but that had me rolling tongue.gif

QUOTE(Kirby Kirby Kirby @ Aug 18 2006, 08:43 AM) *
I have no clue what you might be referring to, BBH. ohmy.gif

c'mon guys I don't spam that much sad.gif

>_>
Trip Machina
QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Aug 18 2006, 03:14 AM) *
I don't care he's so fucking good he could like fucking triple A gigadelic 7K with his tounge alone.

I love it when this happens. =)
Akur0
so yeah I'm a dick and I apologize.

game over I suppose, like most times it's only fun while it lasts

*edit*

ooops
One Niceass Individual
posting in legendary thread

It's AWWWWWWWWWWWRIGHT~
mind the gap
Forums AWWWWRIGHTIHDIHTIHOISKLFDJLKAJLKJ LEGENDARY YAY
One Niceass Individual
I love it when Boss is drunk.
mind the gap
That'll hopefully be the last time I drink alone. It's really stupid, I don't reccomend it guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.