Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Anime thread
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Take It Easy
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89
Putf8umHawke
Been meaning to make this thread for a while, but I haven't gotten around it. So discuss any anime, manga, game, doujin (leave the pr0n for 4ch plz), or whatever in this thread.

(Re-railed from the one of many Spiral Zero threads)

I just looked on HLJ, and it said that the MG F91 is scheduled for a July release... maybe the end of the month, but I'm not sure. I'm guessing it'll be in stock around August for sure.
Akur0
zer0 zer0 zer0

but anyways I used to be a big naruto fan until the fillers fagged the show
Angelus_Ov_Letum
same here, i just download the japanese one off the internet thing. anyway, anyone here watch Serial Experiments Lain? that show is a win. also, paranoia agent is a good show.
Eggman of the Strata
Welcome to the NHK is the show to watch right now.

Chevalier is also quite good.

Coyote Ragtime Show had an interesting first episode.

I love Gundam.

I really didn't like Lain after the first half. I hate Eva. Paranoia Agent is awesome.
Putf8umHawke
Are they still on Namek? *head-desk* Gotta love filler episodes, and how they doom so many series.

This is why 13-episodes are usually ALOT better than OMG-200+ filler fests (unless it's Detective Conan).

Edit: I don't recognize those mech designs, they original suits?
And I can't really watch anything "new" new this season. I just got into Monster, and that's going to take a while to hammer through. I think Haruhi was the only series I watched as it came out, and didn't get burned by it sucking halfway through (hi Mai-Otome, DIE OTOME).
Akur0
loran cechek is hotness, I really should get back into gundam. and yes I still hate eva as well.
Angelus_Ov_Letum
LOL i completly forgot about case closed! man, i used to stay up all night to catch that show on adult swim. great times... havn't seen it recently, though. i need to buy some DVDs. lain's 2nd half was pretty much explinations for the most part. well, maybe that was just the last episode, but the point is it was a great anime. and Paranoia Agent is still awesome.
Axem Rangers
QUOTE(McFLuffy @ Jul 23 2006, 12:21 AM) *
Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

Serial Experiments Lain

My favorite show ever.

Watching Boogiepop Phantom and CCS right now.

Edit: Paranoia's ending/last third sucked. Moogy and I have been through this before. I could just copy/paste my complaints from old PMs.
Angelus_Ov_Letum
*drools* can i steal your Boogiepop Phantom? i saw a few episodes on Anime Unleashed, before G4 took over, and i've never seen it sense. and yes LAIN IS WIN!

EDIT but i never saw the ending for PA, so don't go and ruin it for me.
Putf8umHawke
QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 23 2006, 01:58 AM) *
Watching Boogiepop Phantom and CCS right now.

There's an interesting combination. blink.gif
Angelus_Ov_Letum
i want to know how axem watches them bolth at the same time... 2 TV's? and if so, can i have one?
Putf8umHawke
I could probably do that, since I have the loveliness of a TV tuner card. Best bit of cash I spent on my PC in a while. The refresh rates make anime look *alot* better, and my TV bleeds a bit, so it covers up the occasional bit of artifacting.

...unless you're watching fansubs from back 2002, and they're 80meg *.avi files that are artifacted to HELL and back, and then to hell again for good measure.
Angelus_Ov_Letum
lol i had some animes dl'd and they were just like that. then my computer mysteriously gained 5 gb's of hd space!
Putf8umHawke
I can barely watch Vandread, because they quality is so ungodly bad. I'm thankful I have Ceres and Utena (lol *.asf files from 3rd gen VHS tapes... probably 4th) on DVD, and I don't care about Love Hina enough to watch that again.

Thankfully, people are encoding either bit well these days, because most animation is actually starting to look really really good on a TV level.
Axem Rangers
The Love Hina anime sucked so hard (except for the ...Again OAVs).

Edit: Also I hope you guys are aware that I'm just watching both of them through in the same time frame, not actually simultaneously.

Also I'm dling the first three episodes of Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z right now. God that looks awesome.
UKNaruto
If you need to watch two anime shows in your whole life, make them:

1. Eureka Seven
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Putf8umHawke
Good list. Funny fact that Quadra did a song that was featured in Eureka7.
Axem Rangers
QUOTE(UKNaruto @ Jul 23 2006, 01:05 AM) *
If you need to watch two anime shows in your whole life, make them:

1. Eureka Seven
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I really hope you are kidding.
Akur0
personally one of the greatest animes that I've ever seen story wise was shingestuhan tsukihime. the artwork sucked but it was so fucking deep
Putf8umHawke
QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 23 2006, 02:40 AM) *
I really hope you are kidding.

Let's keep the opinion/series bashing to a minium.

QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Jul 23 2006, 02:42 AM) *
personally one of the greatest animes that I've ever seen story wise was shingestuhan tsukihime. the artwork sucked but it was so fucking deep

Heard the anime wasn't as good as the game... then again, I haven't seen all the series yet. The artwork... that was alot better in the game, but that's kinda to be expected (look at most manga adaptations). And it's funny that alot of H/Ero/doujin games have better plots than lot of normal series (no, I'm not looking at you Air and Higurashi, and KimiNozo).

(I should stop posting so much at work...)
Akur0
what time zone are you in? o_0
Putf8umHawke
uuuh. GMT-3:30. Guess where I live. =P

I work from 7:00pm to 3:30am normally, except for this crap shift that's from 8:15 to 4:45, and we're STILL FREAKING BUSY.
Axem Rangers
QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jul 23 2006, 01:16 AM) *
Let's keep the opinion/series bashing to a minium.

I'm just completely befuddled how something like Eureka Seven takes precendence over Lain and Boogiepop and Haibane Renmei and Bebop and Kino's Journey and Grave of the Fireflies and Otaku No Video and...
Akur0
I think it's really sad how I can go through 1600 futa pictures in under 45 minutes.

other than that I also really love the anime jungle waa itsumo hare nochi guu
Putf8umHawke
Opinions? And if we were to list "series you need to see" it would be simply massive and alot of the selections would be questionables and up to personal taste (for example your list, while has good series on it, I only Grave of the Fireflies only deserves "must see" status).
One Niceass Individual
HOLY SHIT SPIKE SPIEGEL DIES IN THE END!!!!!

ps: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Gravitation
WILD RIDE
QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jul 23 2006, 01:16 AM) *
Heard the anime wasn't as good as the game... then again, I haven't seen all the series yet. The artwork... that was alot better in the game, but that's kinda to be expected (look at most manga adaptations). And it's funny that alot of H/Ero/doujin games have better plots than lot of normal series (no, I'm not looking at you Air and Higurashi, and KimiNozo).

That's the thing that Melty Blood is based on, right? I'll probably play it when that one group translates it. I can't help but be a little curious as to the characters backgrounds after playing Melty Blood. I just wish I could remember which characters are in it, and which aren't. I know Sion and Mech-Hisui aren't, but I forget the rest.

*I'd better be talking about the right thing ninja.gif
Putf8umHawke
It's funny, I ruined the end of Bebop for Omni when he used to watch anime with that spoiler. And I had him convinced that Lime died in the end of Saber Marionette (we just finished Mahoromatic... which killed anime for him), which was also pretty funny.

I'll give him until next morning to hit me for that or something.

MIAB Edit: No, Melty Blood was the sequel to Tsukihime, published as a doujin fighter (soon coming to the PS2 in the end of August). It wasn't the original source for the anime series.
Akur0
QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Jul 23 2006, 01:39 AM) *
That's the thing that Melty Blood is based on, right? I'll probably play it when that one group translates it. I can't help but be a little curious as to the characters backgrounds after playing Melty Blood. I just wish I could remember which characters are in it, and which aren't. I know Sion and Mech-Hisui aren't, but I forget the rest.

*I'd better be talking about the right thing ninja.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mprb2mVI7F4

*edit*
EVIL POST GETTTTTTTT
WILD RIDE
Alright, good. And for some reason I didn't expect what's her name to be in it. The girl with the vest. Why can't I ever remember her name...Satsuki? Yeah, I think that's it.
Axem Rangers
I should probably stay out of this thread. I harbour too much hate for people whose opinions are wrong.

Plus the high probability of spoilers. :/
Putf8umHawke
QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 23 2006, 03:28 AM) *
I harbour too much hate for people whose opinions are wrong.

Aren't you sunshine. =D
Axem Rangers
QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jul 23 2006, 02:01 AM) *
Aren't you sunshine. =D

The most suprising part is the incredibly high number of shows that I like, regardless of their actual quality.
Putf8umHawke
I think the term, "junk food anime" works well for describing that kinda thing, because we all do it some extent. Edit: But having opinions is ok, just as long as you actually acknowledge other peoples, and not be the typical 4ch troll trolling other trolls. >_>

Double Edit: And let's see how long until spiral cracks, posts, and breaks his 666 post count. =P
MaxxKata
i do like a good ranma-fest
Raving Loony Society
QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jul 23 2006, 02:06 AM) *
I think the term, "junk food anime" works well for describing that kinda thing, because we all do it some extent.

I really, really like Slayers even though I have never been able to figure out why I do. A lot of people seem to agree with me, though, so I don't know if it's that odd.
Putf8umHawke
I think it's mostly because it's actually funny, and for alot of people, it was the first series that they've seen subtitled or that wasn't something on TV (well, if you're a bit of an older anime fan).
UKNaruto
Wow, good call Putf8um, I thought I was the only one who knew Quadra had a song in Erueka 7. He did quite a bit of beatmania stuff under other names, such as soft landing on the body and g.m.d too.
Putf8umHawke
Actually, I didn't pick it up myself since i haven't seen the series (yet). People on /m/ were talking about songs from mech series and someone posted about a Quadra song. I was "WTF? Is that Quadra as in Hiroshi Watanabe?"

Need to find that song sometime.
Ryujin
I'm grossly addicted to Azumanga Daioh right now, and surprised I had waited so long to see the series. It's pretty comforting to see a series that can dish out a ton of slapstick humor without resorting to typical cliches or being grossly offensive.

Not that either of those are bad things. I've read through the Love Hina manga after all (quality quality).
security tubbs
QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ Jul 22 2006, 10:01 PM) *
Also I'm dling the first three episodes of Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z right now. God that looks awesome.

YOU OWE ME, AXEM. (Or not.)
QUOTE(MaxxKata @ Jul 22 2006, 11:24 PM) *
i do like a good ranma-fest

As soon as I buy the last few seasons of Ranma, I plan to undertake a nigh-suicidal marathon: every episode of Ranma in a row, then the OVAs, then the (eeeeeew) films.

So if I suddenly die, assume Takahashi's opus did me in.
chotto kiitena
Just popping in to point out that anyone in this thread who has not yet seen "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" needs to go and do so at their earliest convenience. It's barely worthwhile to talk about anime until you have that one down.
Mafia Boss
QUOTE(Fletcher @ Jul 23 2006, 05:03 AM) *
So if I suddenly die, assume Takahashi's opus did me in.

Maison Ikkoku, right?

Seriously, Ranma 1/2 was not her best work. It was her most popular in the States, sure, but I lost all interest when I started realizing that a good chunk of the fanbase are like tranny wannabes or something.
Axem Rangers
QUOTE(Mafia Boss @ Jul 23 2006, 08:33 AM) *
Maison Ikkoku, right?

Seriously, Ranma 1/2 was not her best work. It was her most popular in the States, sure, but I lost all interest when I started realizing that a good chunk of the fanbase are like tranny wannabes or something.

All of her stuff is pretty shallow and repetitive and not great, but her style of rewriting the same situations over and over for a series, and thinly disguising them as something new, works better in Ranma than it did in anything else she's done.
WILD RIDE
QUOTE(UKNaruto @ Jul 23 2006, 03:27 AM) *
Wow, good call Putf8um, I thought I was the only one who knew Quadra had a song in Erueka 7. He did quite a bit of beatmania stuff under other names, such as soft landing on the body and g.m.d too.

Erm...wasn't that DJ Simon?
Spiritsnare
QUOTE(Putf8umHawke @ Jul 22 2006, 10:16 PM) *
Heard the anime wasn't as good as the game... then again, I haven't seen all the series yet.

Apparently Shiki isn't as emo in the Tsukihime game.

And yeah, I Soft Landing on the Body's DJ Simon.
security tubbs
QUOTE(Mafia Boss @ Jul 23 2006, 05:33 AM) *
Maison Ikkoku, right?

I only meant opus in terms of sheer scale... although to be honest, I think Yatsura came close to matching Ranma in sheer footage as an anime. (It had MUCH better movies, I know that much.)

Oh yes: fuck Haruhi Suzumiya. Seriously. Yes, I've watched it (given it my usual "two episodes to hook me then fuck you"), and WHAT THE HELL IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINING ABOUT THAT SHOW.
Eggman of the Strata
Everything. And you most definitely need to watch more than 2 episodes of it to understand it. It's far more than just a comedy show.
Putf8umHawke
QUOTE(Fletcher @ Jul 23 2006, 05:38 PM) *
Oh yes: fuck Haruhi Suzumiya. Seriously. Yes, I've watched it (given it my usual "two episodes to hook me then fuck you"), and WHAT THE HELL IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINING ABOUT THAT SHOW.

Kyon. Seriously. Most entertaining and realistic male anime character ever. I died laughing when he made the hidden Mikuru folder, and then got caught a few episodes down the road.
Eggman of the Strata
Yes yes, dj KYON IS the best isn't he? So hilarious in every situation.

Every character in the show is fantastic. The references (oh god the mysterious island episode), the music, the disjointed episode setup. It's all done fantastically.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.