Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perpetual 8th Style CS Thread
Solid State Squad Forums > Other Discussion > Garden of Love
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Remy
From Konamistyle:

Because beatmania IIDX 7th style exceeded the sales objectives, we have decided to produce beatmania IIDX 8th style. Thank you to the people who made a Konamistyle purchase, to continue supporting the project.

Details concerning the release date will be on this home page and in the Konamistyle newsletter, just wait. We ask for you to keep on aiding us in continuing the production of beatmania IIDX sequels.

Thanks to shapermc for the tipoff.
Oogami
Maybe this will finally end the retarded string of "7th Style sux boo-hoo and we'll never see 8th Style CS because 7th sold like shit boo-hoo" crap I've been seeing lately.
Devil Warrior
Thunder! Thunder!
Blame! Blame!
chotto kiitena
QUOTE (Oogami @ Jul 7 2004, 08:03 AM)
Maybe this will finally end the retarded string of "7th Style sux boo-hoo and we'll never see 8th Style CS because 7th sold like shit boo-hoo" crap I've been seeing lately.

Where? O_o Everyone I saw gave me the impression that 7th sold well.

In any case.

Drivin'! Drivin'! Attitude! Attitude! Monkey Dance! Monkey Dance!

(I could keep going for a while, but it'd look dumb.)
Kilroy
This kicks *so* much ass.
Frieza
War Game mmmmm and Giudecca.... mmmmmm and LAB mmmmmmm.... and...
Lunarius
W00T! Dang it you beat me to Attitude and Monkey Dance Xythar! sad.gif But Rainbow Flyer woo! And yay Jelly Kiss! tongue.gif Hehe this definately brightened up my day biggrin.gif
rmz
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Colors Eurobeat Remix or Xenon yet huh.gif

But in any case, WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Giudecca...Attitude...Rainbow Flyer...Abstract...Xenon...Sakura...and that shiny wonderful interface...*droooooool*
Nomi
Thunder and Aoi Shodo, whee. Nice to hear the news, and so early too. Bet they're going to tease us for eight months or something, though.
Kilroy
Pretty surprised we didn't have to run through the gambit of surveys and questionaires this time...
Nomi
QUOTE (Kilroy @ Jul 7 2004, 12:25 PM)
Pretty surprised we didn't have to run through the gambit of surveys and questionaires this time...

I'm sure that comes next.
Sub
"7th Style sux boo-hoo and we'll never see 8th Style CS because 7th sold like shit boo-hoo" crap I've been seeing lately.

Who gave people THAT idea?

(either)
db!
AHGHHH!$#)(*&^% This is so great!!!

*GASPS*! HOW COME NO ONE SAID MEMORIES YET!@$#%^&* The best song on 8th stlyE!@#(hehe opinions vary)

So many MORE fucking GREAT songs on 8th style, it's amazing!!!! OH WOW, wonderful wonderful wonderful news!!! laugh.gif
Isaru
This is really cool. I hope they put every 8th style song on it like they did with 7th, and from what I've heard there's no true licences on 8th so that means... biggrin.gif . I wonder how much that survey that asked what you thought of 7th style affected this as well...
sanchny
Oh wow, this just made my day. My 7th style is coming in the mail, and should be here tomorrow or so.

When I filled out the 7th style post-release survey, I wrote in hacked up Japanese "Make 8th style, pretty please." biggrin.gif Maybe a lot of others did too.
Taka-no-Hakkin
QUOTE (db! @ Jul 7 2004, 02:02 PM)
AHGHHH!$#)(*&^%  This is so great!!!

*GASPS*!  HOW COME NO ONE SAID MEMORIES YET!@$#%^&* The best song on 8th stlyE!@#(hehe opinions vary)

So many MORE fucking GREAT songs on 8th style, it's amazing!!!! OH WOW, wonderful wonderful wonderful news!!! laugh.gif

HELLS YES!

And now, I have to save up for ANOTHER game. Oh well, money well spent.
chotto kiitena
QUOTE (Nomi @ Jul 7 2004, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Kilroy @ Jul 7 2004, 12:25 PM)

I'm sure that comes next.

I don't *think* so... otherwise they wouldn't have already decided to make it, if the translations are accurate.

QUOTE (sanchny)
When I filled out the 7th style post-release survey, I wrote in hacked up Japanese "Make 8th style, pretty please."  Maybe a lot of others did too.

I basically said that in English, not knowing Japanese. Hopefully someone understood it tongue.gif
Smbu
Yay, now I'm happy. The next question is "how long will it take Konami to release it?"!!! :ph34r:
Remy
An amusing point I realized today:

Assume 8th comes out this year - 5 months is around what the turnaround was when Konami confirmed they were doing 7th (end of December -> middle of May), so by the end of the year is probably not much of a stretch.

That means we'll have seen two IIDX CS releases, and zero DDR JP CS releases.

Isn't life delicious?
Oogami
QUOTE (XytharDX @ Jul 7 2004, 10:03 AM)

Where? O_o Everyone I saw gave me the impression that 7th sold well.

In any case.

Drivin'! Drivin'! Attitude! Attitude! Monkey Dance! Monkey Dance!

(I could keep going for a while, but it'd look dumb.)

There have been a number of posts I've seen on places like Bemanistyle, DJ Trunks' board, rmz's IIDX livejournal community, etc, which have retards who complain about 7th and say how 8th is so much better and "too bad we'll never see it" and shit like that. I know 7th sold well. But there were some losers who apparently mistook 6th's lackluster sales for 7th's phenomenal (for a IIDX game) success.
rmz
QUOTE (Oogami @ Jul 7 2004, 09:43 PM)
There have been a number of posts I've seen on places like Bemanistyle, DJ Trunks' board, rmz's IIDX livejournal community, etc, which have retards who complain about 7th and say how 8th is so much better and "too bad we'll never see it" and shit like that.  I know 7th sold well.  But there were some losers who apparently mistook 6th's lackluster sales for 7th's phenomenal (for a IIDX game) success.

Tell me about it. I'm so happy to see this fuckstick eating his words.
flux
I'm waiting for 8th style and Pop'n Music 10 to come out on the same day.
I honestly think my PS2, as well as myself, would explode.

edit: I completely forgot Smoke was on this style.
This had BETTER happen.
Frieza
What style does Checking You Out get its another on?
Anyone?
chotto kiitena
Pretty sure it's 9th.
rmz
Checking You Out got an Another?

O_o
flux
Maybe they'll forget to put it on if 9th comes out.

(I hope.)
dudabo
V35 guys.

V35.
rmz
OK, steering the thread away from degenerating into nothing but "here's-my-favorite-song-from-8th-style" posts...

Anybody have any thoughts on anything that they might like to see in this game? I, for one, would like it if the original song title text is retained, so we get the cool song fonts and images for songs like Giudecca, Sakura, and Xenon (I think). I was a little disappointed that the cool "logos" from Zero-One, Kakumei, and MAX 300 were removed in 7th Style :\
dj HaQ
Maybe the "A" for "A" will be aligned properly. Hey Leading Cyber had a background. ...And I want something like 1st Samurai from 10th that has one of those animated backgrounds (in the usual movie spot) before the song starts. That's pretty cool.

...The simple thing is, I'm anticipating it. Will pre-order when it comes out. That's it. Yes, I am excited, but 8th was sort-of inevitable. It is very exciting but I don't see why others REALLY NEED to know that I AM excited.

Favorite Style (music): 8th
Favorite Style (graphics): 10th

My two cents. I'm out.
Frieza
I personally can't wait to play Absolute or I was the one.
Devil Warrior
I'm more looking forward to DXY! and V.
rmz
QUOTE (Devil Warrior)
QUOTE (Frieza)
I personally can't wait to play Absolute or I was the one.

I'm more looking forward to DXY! and V.

Don't forget Indigo Vision and .59.

I wonder if Mirror Force will be on there.
K0LD
I'd prefer it if Konami actually made it possible for us not-so-good-at-passing-songs people to actually unlock everything (aside from gallery images). There's no way in heck I'll ever be able to beat Master's Mode on [a]. XP
rmz
QUOTE (K0LD @ Jul 8 2004, 12:02 PM)
I'd prefer it if Konami actually made it possible for us not-so-good-at-passing-songs people to actually unlock everything (aside from gallery images). There's no way in heck I'll ever be able to beat Master's Mode on [a]. XP

I've come to terms with that. That's why God invented sims. So you can at least play the notechart if you really want to.
flux
I hope they put the [a] for The Safari in this one.
Oh man, The Safari [a] and Mirror force in the same course would be terrible.

Seriously though, I really hope they don't put master's mode on this one; that was the biggest waste of time ever.
db!
Yes, it was inevitable. I don't know if any of you noticed but I noticed one thing that said 8th style was coming out a lil while ago.

It was on play-asia, in the description for 7th style, it said something like, "blahblah blah the last sequal to the famous dj game, Beatmania IIDX." or something like that. Then a few weeks after the game came out, it was changed to "Beatmania IIDX 7th Style is the latest sequel of Konami's famous DJ music game. The title features over 80 tracks."

Then someone told me of some other things they heard that siad it was coming out but I don't remember what they were, hehe. d:x

But yeah, it's pretty dope though!! d:D

Safari [A], I don't even wanna know what that is going ot look like, rofl. It's just going to be liek a One More Lovely [A] and be unbeatable. d:x AND YES, Master mode WAS a complete waste of time, 5 hours down the drain, but HEY, at least you got to play every song regardless if you didn't want to or not, right?

hah
rmz
QUOTE (db! @ Jul 8 2004, 02:56 PM)
Yes, it was inevitable. I don't know if any of you noticed but I noticed one thing that said 8th style was coming out a lil while ago.

It was on play-asia, in the description for 7th style, it said something like, "blahblah blah the last sequal to the famous dj game, Beatmania IIDX." or something like that. Then a few weeks after the game came out, it was changed to "Beatmania IIDX 7th Style is the latest sequel of Konami's famous DJ music game. The title features over 80 tracks."

That doesn't mean jack. Play-Asia also said for the longest time that Bemanistyle was distributing the game (as opposed to Konamistyle). They made this mistake repeatedly.

Play-Asia's little typos and misworded Engrish don't count for crap.
Taren
Play-Asia is probably written by Asian people, and if my translation is correct, something like 最終使新 (I probably botched that one) could be either Final or Latest. PlayAsia took the former but meant the latter

engrish.com
Thunderbird
QUOTE (flux @ Jul 8 2004, 01:57 PM)

Seriously though, I really hope they don't put master's mode on this one; that was the biggest waste of time ever.

When did The Safari get an [a]? I didn't think it NEEDED to be any more difficult blink.gif
rmz
QUOTE (Thunderbird @ Jul 8 2004, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (flux @ Jul 8 2004, 01:57 PM)

When did The Safari get an [a]? I didn't think it NEEDED to be any more difficult blink.gif

rolleyes.gif

:ph34r:
Oogami
Konami better not forget that Give Me a Sign got an [a] in 8th because I want to play that fucker on HS4 so bad! >:-O

Anyways, old songs that got [a]s in 9th were minimalian, genom screams (awesome another), and Checking You Out, so if 9th gets put on the PS2 than you can at least expect those to be repeat songs. If 9th and above will be put on the PS2, you can expect to see REALLY chopped up songlists. No way they can fit 240+ songs in one PS2 game and still keep the videos :-\

I predict that if there are only going to be two preview songs in 8th just like there were in 7th, then those songs just might be moon_child and 雪月花, as they're both very popular songs from 9th and 10th and would keep the tradition of one DJ.W and one Ryu* song alive ;-p.

And I'm with rmz. Bring back the old font for 8th. Save the new font for 9th.
Isaru
Personally I wish they would dumb down beginners mode and make it even easier for once, at least add more 1's. Maybe even have 2 difficulties for beginner that you switch with select like free mode, one of them is mostly 1's and the other has the normal beginner mode difficulty or something... I have so many friends that come over and see the game for the first time in their lives, they like the idea and think the games pretty cool... until they play. They pass 5.1.1. then they maybe pass a few other 1's, then theres nothing else in the game they can beat. Then I either get "This games stupid" or "I like the game but it's too hard for me" then they never play again. I wish they had more patience.

Obviously there's a reason beginners mode is hard at first and that it gets you used to higher difficulties, if it's too easy at first then it would be really hard to move on later. I like the idea of 2 beginner difficulties because of this, but I definately wouldn't want something like that to delay the game... I know this probably sounds pretty dumb to alot of people though sad.gif .

I hope this game ends up having another new songs collection too, even if it's only a few songs... As long as it turned out good, nothing would make me happier than playing a remix of the silent hill(the game not the ddr song rolleyes.gif ) intro song on IIDX. That and mirror force biggrin.gif ! But seriously I hope it has a few brand new songs.
Oogami
QUOTE (Isaru @ Jul 8 2004, 09:02 PM)
Personally I wish they would dumb down beginners mode and make it even easier for once, at least add more 1's. Maybe even have 2 difficulties for beginner that you switch with select like free mode, one of them is mostly 1's and the other has the normal beginner mode difficulty or something... I have so many friends that come over and see the game for the first time in their lives, they like the idea and think the games pretty cool... until they play. They pass 5.1.1. then they maybe pass a few other 1's, then theres nothing else in the game they can beat. Then I either get "This games stupid" or "I like the game but it's too hard for me" then they never play again. I wish they had more patience.

Obviously there's a reason beginners mode is hard at first and that it gets you used to higher difficulties, if it's too easy at first then it would be really hard to move on later. I like the idea of 2 beginner difficulties because of this, but I definately wouldn't want something like that to delay the game... I know this probably sounds pretty dumb to alot of people though sad.gif .

I hope this game ends up having another new songs collection too, even if it's only a few songs... As long as it turned out good, nothing would make me happier than playing a remix of the silent hill(the game not the ddr song rolleyes.gif ) intro song on IIDX. That and mirror force  biggrin.gif ! But seriously I hope it has a few brand new songs.

They don't really need two beginner's difficulties, they just need to dumb down beginner's mode completely. Let BM be for the initiates who just need time to adjust to recognizing which columns correspond with which notes, after which L7 will help them get used to common and a few uncommon key patterns. 7K then will be their main course as it will help the players get used to progressively tougher key patterns and simultaneous key/LP management, and then another will be for the experts who want something that will really give them a hurdle to overcome (95% of anothers) or for people who just want to play a different version of the song (the other 5%), some of which are EASIER than their 7K counterparts.

As it stands, BM is still too difficult for the average music-game ignorant player. Even simply two to four quarter note key presses a measure would be sufficient. Any more advanced and that's what L7 is for.
chotto kiitena
Yeah, I'm all for making beginner mode mostly 1s with probably a few 2s thrown in.
Kilroy
If they made beginner's mode the same as they did in DDR, I think that would be more or less fine for most people. Beginner's mode to me is just a way of getting familiar with the keys after all right?
Shapermc
QUOTE (Kilroy @ Jul 9 2004, 10:41 AM)
If they made beginner's mode the same as they did in DDR, I think that would be more or less fine for most people. Beginner's mode to me is just a way of getting familiar with the keys after all right?

Can you explain for those unfamiliar with DDR's beginner mode? (mainly myself)

Anyways, yea beginner mode is a little difficult as my wife can pass level 18 Pop'n songs on an ASC but can only pass 1 two star song in beginner mode for IIDX.
Kilroy
QUOTE (Shapermc @ Jul 9 2004, 11:57 AM)
Can you explain for those unfamiliar with DDR's beginner mode? (mainly myself)

Basically *all* the songs on DDR's beginner's mode are 1 foot (easiest setting) songs, contain only 1/4 note arrows and no diagonal jumps.

So I guess what I was thinking was just all 1 star ranking, all 1/4 note notes, and only double presses that are on the same colored keys. (i.e. no 1+2, 3+6, etc.)

If it were set up that way, then by the time people got out of begginer's mode, they would at least be familiar with the layout of the keys, and could figure out the more complex patterns in L7.

I haven't really played DDR's beginner's mode much, so if I am wrong someone please correct me. But that is how it seemed to be when I played it the few times that I have.
Uiru
Beginner mode in DDR:
-No diagonal jumps, just up+down and left+right
-No freezes
-Quarter beats ONLY (ie. turning Little on does nothing)
-All songs rated from 1 to 3 steps by BPM; most songs 1, some 2 and boss songs/very fast Other Bemani 3
-Should not be played by anyone ;)

Seriously, the right Light songs are more than enough for someone to get started on (Ordinary World comes to mind). Beginner in DDR should be played only until you grasp the concept of arrow meets stepzone and should only be attempted after giving Light a go. I played Beginner Mode in 6th Style extensively and found it to have a decent range of challenge; roughly a third each of 1, 2, and 3 star songs. I left Beginner Mode to my girlfriend in 7th, but I'm pretty sure she'd rather play Pop'n now regardless, so I dunno what they did with it. I just know Max 300 wasn't there. >:o

Perhaps changing the ratio towards more 1s would help, but there shouldn't be a need for a new difficulty level.
~Uiru
Taren
Also in Beginner on DDR, Shuffle is disabled. I've always felt that Beginner on DDR was unnecessary, just suck it up and play some 2-3 footers! Seriously, the first time I played I could handle up to 3 feet on DDR 3rd Japanese version. But now that the average difficulty of songs is getting harder in DDR (as well as IIDX!) that may not be an option... http://www.aquilno.net/t6/etc/bm2dx.htm there's all you need to know. Scroll to the bottom, then back up. Jesus.

Here's how I learned beatmania:
BM98 (for several months)
IIDX 3rd + 4th
IIDX 6th

Suggested Method of learning:
BM 6th Mix CS (it has many High Speed functions and easy as hell songs)
IIDX 3rd (easiest songs)
IIDX 6th

Beginners should start with 5 keys, and immediately after they get the hang of it, learn how to read 7 keys. Songs on 5Key mixes are ridiculously easy (Logical dash, a 7-star on 5th Mix, would equate to about a 5 or easy 6 on IIDX) and songs on 7Key Styles are ridiculously hard.
sanchny
I don't feel that the comparison of beginners' modes in IIDX and DDR is fair. I think the DDR beginner mode is way too easy to the point that it hurts people starting out, while I think the IIDX beginner mode is a bit too hard. The DDR one has the arrows really spread apart, and won't help much in teaching newbies how to keep the beat because of it. Light is perfectly fine as the lowest difficulty.

I agree with Kilroy that the IIDX beginner mode should be:
QUOTE (Kilroy @ Jul 9 2004, 12:30 PM)
So I guess what I was thinking was just all 1 star ranking, all 1/4 note notes, and only double presses that are on the same colored keys. (i.e. no 1+2, 3+6, etc.)

If it were set up that way, then by the time people got out of begginer's mode, they would at least be familiar with the layout of the keys, and could figure out the more complex patterns in L7.

It's even more important to learn proper timing in IIDX, for a number of reasons:
- IIDX makes it less obvious as to what the beat is. The line flashes, but that's it. DDR has color coded arrows and flashing stationary arrows.
- DDR can be a lot of fun even while failing. The music is not affected by performance. IIDX is the opposite.
- The progression between difficulties is a lot smoother in DDR than in IIDX. The jumps going from beginner -> L7 - 7k -> [A] are huge.
- There's a lot more that you have to learn in IIDX than in DDR.
DDR things to learn:
= keeping the beat
= learning where the arrows are without looking at them.
= reading arrows, interpreting arrow reading (knowing which foot to place where, and positioning your body)
= stamina
There are equivalents in IIDX for these:
= keeping the beat
= learning where the keys are without looking at them. This is so much harder in IIDX, not just because there are more columns.
= reading notes, interpreting note reading (knowing which key to hit)
= stamina = fast finger movement
yet it's a hell of a lot more stuff to process when it comes to IIDX because of 8 columns vs 4 (and 2 elements at once, i.e. keys + turntable).

Beginner mode should focus on teaching the beat, along with some very simple stuff from things to learn 2 & 3. What Kilroy said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.