Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [VJA] 2.9 Deployed
Solid State Squad Forums > News & Suggestions > Last Message
Pages: 1, 2
Remy
Version 2.9 of VJ Army has been deployed.

Changelog is here:
http://vjarmy.com/wiki/index.php/VJA:Version_History#2.9

Almost all the changes for this version are thanks to Rura, so please shower him with your love.

The rival data system and the user ranking systems will be documented over the weekend, so if you're confused by them, hang in there.
jammitch!
Question:

I can pass 10dan on (I think it's) 8th and 9th, and 9 on 7th and 10th (no RED yet). Does that count as 9dan or 10dan?
bapple cider vinegar
As for the timestamp improvements, what about adding just a comment at a later date? Should the timestamp be updated accordingly? Dunno what it does now.
ParaParaKing
Man, you are putting these updates out fast. smile.gif
Thank you as always.

Perhaps once Rura gets bored with VJA, we can get him to work on popn navy too. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Just noticed, that we need different Dans for SP and DP.
Jadin
Remy and/or Rura:
If you PM me your home address and your favorite type of cookie, you will recieve a NICE surprise in the near future.
Not joking in the least.
=)
Mafia Boss
It would be awesome if your dan ranking showed up in viewsong and in the status graphic. I think I requested that like a year and a half ago smile.gif
rmz
QUOTE(Mafia Boss @ May 19 2006, 10:19 PM) *
It would be awesome if your dan ranking showed up in viewsong and in the status graphic. I think I requested that like a year and a half ago smile.gif

Yeah, I was talking to him about that today too. I'd really like to see revamped sig images that are a little prettier (design contest maybe?) and include:

* SP/DP Dan rank
* State of residence? (or country if outside the US)
* AAA's

As an example:

This is an edited version of a popular status graphic that arcade players use, I'm sure people here could whip up similarly-themed ones for VJA purposes.

I often see these types of status graphics and think how it's nice that they just kind of try to keep excessive information to a minimum, and deliver information that is more important in a simple but attractive manner. I don't really personally think that DJ Points and FC/PC are things that people care enough about to keep visible in the sig images all the time. But maybe that's just me?
Remy
Rank will make its way into more portions of the site, don't worry. Sig graphics will probably get completely revamped in the near future. (Watch, rura will decide he *really* wants to learn gdlib and do it today...)

Question:

I can pass 10dan on (I think it's) 8th and 9th, and 9 on 7th and 10th (no RED yet). Does that count as 9dan or 10dan?

Whichever you feel is a more accurate portrayal of your skill.

EDIT: Just noticed, that we need different Dans for SP and DP.

Will do this for 3.0.
Catastrophe
Wow. I haven't been here for a week and all these awesome changes were made! Thank you Rura!
sanchny
Thanks Rura and Remy as usual. smile.gif

QUOTE(rmz @ May 20 2006, 01:57 AM) *
I don't really personally think that DJ Points and FC/PC are things that people care enough about to keep visible in the sig images all the time. But maybe that's just me?

I like seeing those numbers. I don't directly compare how many FC/PCs people have, but it does give a good indication of someone's timing and how much they play in comparison with the AAA/AA/A counts.
dudabo
the amount of DJP you have is basically only a measure of how many scores you have entered, and most people dont care about that when they read a sig graphic. I agree, I think it should go.

Thanks for all the changes!
Axem Rangers
The quick comment view on the user screen is <3. DJ points can go, but please don't go A/AA/PC/FC counts.
bapple cider vinegar
I dunno. DJ Points could be a good indicator if someone has a lot of scores entered or not. After all, the graphic doesn't show Bs and below. You'd be able to tell if someone's hardcore like you, or hardcore unlike you, or not hardcore like you, or not hardcore unlike you.m,acasoheff
security tubbs
QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ May 20 2006, 07:50 AM) *
The quick comment view on the user screen is <3. DJ points can go, but please don't go A/AA/PC/FC counts.

I'm going to second this completely: speaking as someone with all of .5 AAAs (hello bmUS WackyGrading), it's nice to actually have SOMETHING appear in the graphic. DJ Points, I will admit, I do not understand, however, so I'll not comment on their validity.
blah
It would be nice to keep as much as possible from the current graphic if a revamped one is made. If space is an issue, combining the FC and PC count would be reasonable.

Also, a built in way to find users with rival data uploaded would be nice if not too much trouble. It would work much better than having the thread in Nemesis. I wouldn't be suprirsed if this was already thought of and on the agenda though....
Remy
Yeah, it's on the agenda.

BTW, g.m.d. L7 is now in the database as of about 10 minutes ago.
ParaParaKing
QUOTE(Remy @ May 21 2006, 05:27 AM) *
BTW, g.m.d. L7 is now in the database as of about 10 minutes ago.

The US ANOTHER also has a different note count. (184 notes)
Remy
Fixed.
WILD RIDE
G.M.D. US [A] is actually the same as the 3rd Style [A]...
Remy
Wow, *that* is fucking obnoxious. I'll leave them separate for now and try to think up a good way to deal with having three different song entries for the same song on one style.
Catastrophe
Leave the DJ points in. They're a good indicator of how seriously someone takes their scores. Taren and I both put a ton of effort into keeping 1,000+ scores up to date and somewhat competitive. That takes alot of work. I don't assume that people with just 20 hyper AAAs (on decent songs) can AAA most of hyper. To me that just means that this person can AAA their 20 best songs at that play level. I don't assume normal AAAs either because some people can't keep a beat when the notes are too far apart. Most players lack the patience, too. Anyone can AAA a 4* with persistence but only a good player can do it consistently enough to 'finish' all of the 4s. It's the same thing with my hundreds of AAs and hard clears. Someone can enter their 5 best hard clears but each song is different. If someone has a HC on Max 300, Music To Your Head 7A, and Halfway of Promise 7A, but no data on 5.1.1. 7A, then I assume that this player sucks at 5.1.1. And doubly so if they also won't spend the 2-20 minutes to master the roll at the beginning of the normal chart for the easy AAA.

Having 13,000 DJPs also means that you can DJ battle me because I actually enter all of my personal best scores when I get them. I'm not hiding my score for BtE because it's not an A. If you DJ battle me then it's going to be a fair fight. You're not going against my 50 best scores or whatever. Having 13,000 DJPs means that I've actually played (almost) everything on SP + L14 to the point where I have established a personal best and an average. I think that the people who don't want DJPs to be prominent are people who are either hiding a weakness, or people who only want to compete on the half of the game that they're better at. Now that MemoryMani exists nobody has an excuse NOT score as many DJPs as I have. (Unless of course I'm right.)

RYRY is an exception because he is trying to highlight 9 particular scores. But other than that No Data = F. Even for Oddity who has 90% AAAs 10% No Data, No Data = F. (Although Oddity has a billion DJPs anyway from AAAing 90% of the series.)
rmz
QUOTE(Catastrophe @ May 21 2006, 10:44 AM) *
Leave the DJ points in. They're a good indicator of how seriously someone takes their scores. Taren and I both put a ton of effort into keeping 1,000+ scores up to date and somewhat competitive. That takes alot of work. I don't assume that people with just 20 hyper AAAs (on decent songs) can AAA most of hyper. To me that just means that this person can AAA their 20 best songs at that play level.

RYRY is an exception because he is trying to highlight 9 particular scores. But other than that No Data = F. Even for Oddity who has 90% AAAs 10% No Data, No Data = F. (Although Oddity has a billion DJPs anyway from AAAing 90% of the series.)

*cough*

For me, it's the small matter that at present there are 538 unique songs in the database, most with 3 separate charts, making for over 1500 notecharts on 7k alone. If you play doubles, it stretches in the 3000 range. The main reason that I privatized (and stopped updating) all of my L7 scores was because I don't have the time to constantly and regularly go back through all of the old styles and update all of my scores. When I kept them public, I had scores that were six months old (tons of them, actually) and it completely fucked up DJ Battles because people would be beating me on songs just because I hadn't played them in several months. I've tried on multiple occasions to go back through every old style and play every chart for every old song, but it's just not possible, it takes far too long -- at least given how relatively little time I have to play.

Thanks for implying that I don't take my scores seriously, but I don't exactly have 4 hours a day to consistently update all of my old scores to keep them at a level that is representative of my current skill. It means that I have a life (or would -- gasp -- rather spend my time playing difficult songs that I can't clear in order to improve, rather than whoring out a bunch of 2* L7s on 3rd style to raise my phat AAA count), not that I don't take the game seriously.
blah
The find rival data function is SEXY. Good job guys.
Catastrophe
Yeah, I knew my post was going to piss at least one person off. If you're marking scores private just to avoid losing at DJ battles then you're only proving my point. That's like sticking your head in the ground. "I didn't lose, that score is old!" Yeah, you're definitely taking the competition aspect seriously. :sarc: And it's okay not to be competitive here, but you can't complain about the DJP system if you're not going to be. (I know you're an admin. I'm putting the player hat on you for now.)

Yes, I know how many notecharts there are. That's why it means something to overtake someone on the DJP ranking page. I remember when Audity had 12,000 and I wanted 10,000. Now I've got 13,000 and ALLENUK and PIMP (congrats!) have broken 20,000. If you've got 10,000 DJPs, you're not whoring L7. A full combo AAA is only worth 10 points. Scoring as many points as I have requires that you you play everything, not whore anything. Hey! I just realized something. When I play a song that isn't at least a 7*, I look for the FC+AAA and move on. I don't (usually) sit around and whore a single chart to be #3 on a song with < 500 notes. I don't have L7 sessions to boost my AAA count, either. I want 8-10 DJPs from songs that I don't have 8-10 DJPs from yet. This means clearing and hard clearing songs that I haven't cleared yet, and ignoring normal7. I've picked up 100 DJPs recently from 9* songs. In other words, I've turned old As into HC+AAs for 50ish nines. Once you hit about the 10,000 mark for singles play (without RED) each remaining point becomes a struggle.

And like I said, I don't whore anything, I improve everything. If I can get 65 more points on singles play I can overtake Rhys! Now what I can do? The only songs I have left to hard clear (on games that have hard mode) are songs that are even harder than the songs I've previously hard cleared... and so on. The status graphic doesn't show clears and hard clears. But even if it did, nothing summarizes your game like your DJPs. I've got a truckload of clears, a truckload of hard clears, two truckloads of As, a truckload of FCs, and a few barrels of doubles play that I've collected one song at a time. I can express these last two years of watching the famous " -> " appear as the number 13023. Look at Monster-In-A-Box just a few ranks below me in singles play. Do you see my point? DJPs reward players who constantly make the " -> " appear. Look at my Spica L7 score. It's older than freeze arrows and it's in the 60th percentile. However, it is a PC AAA! Why should I ever play it again? Now, should I whore this easy song to get out of the 60th percentile, or should I say that a AAA is a AAA and move on to playing the hyper? The latter fo' shizzle!

You've also complained about people whoring L7 to boost their AAA counter. DJPs solve that problem! I'm a perfect example of a good player who doesn't whore L7 to inflate my status graphic. You shouldn't want to get rid of this! If you do anything, subtract my DP points away so that my status graphic says 10565 points instead, which is my real score that most people care about.
jammitch!
QUOTE(Catastrophe @ May 22 2006, 12:02 AM) *
Look at my Spica L7 score. It's older than freeze arrows and it's in the 60th percentile. However, it is a PC AAA! Why should I ever play it again? Now, should I whore this easy song to get out of the 60th percentile, or should I say that a AAA is a AAA and move on to playing the hyper? The latter fo' shizzle!

I'd go through one or two more times and pick up the extra 30ish ex points. Plus, I try to keep scores from getting a year old, even if that means picking up one more great on 5.1.1. However, I don't do that often, nor do I have the patience to play most songs 30 times in a row.

I know almost all my L7 scores are bolds yet most of my 12s are 60ish percentile. This is tainted by the fact that L7 players don't enter scores for 12s, but equally tainted by the fact that good players won't enter high scores for L7 songs. If everyone managed to enter everything I'd have a much better indication of exactly where I lie; as it stands I assume I'm about 85th percentile with a slightly disproportionate skill at timing easy stuff.
rmz
Okay, those "select style" and "select difficulty" dropdowns are SEXY.

That is all.

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ May 21 2006, 09:02 PM) *
If you're marking scores private just to avoid losing at DJ battles then you're only proving my point. That's like sticking your head in the ground. "I didn't lose, that score is old!" Yeah, you're definitely taking the competition aspect seriously. :sarc:

No, it's more the fact that I would get random assholes IM'ing me with a DJ battle link saying "OMGZORZ I'M BEATING YOU ON 3RD STYLE L7 DJ BATTLE LOPLOLZOLZOLZOLZ"

I don't care at all about DJ Battles, I don't run them at all. I have the most fun improving my own scores. I didn't like going back and updating all of my L7 scores just so people don't IM me and brag that they were beating my old scores. I choose to privatize them, spend my limited playing time playing songs that I actually enjoy, and not have to deal with random people I don't know IM'ing me DJ battle links and bragging. I don't privatize my scores to help me win DJ battles because I don't run DJ battles in the first place.

You seem to be greatly overestimating how much I care about competition, or how much I care about DJP rankings or DJ battles. Your "sarcasm" about how little I take the competition aspect seriously shouldn't be sarcastic -- I don't take it seriously. I don't particularly care if I'm beating Random Internet Person X. I've downloaded a few peoples' rival data, but for the most part I find myself not really using them because in most cases I have found I prefer to have the ghost option set to My Best, so I can see how I'm improving over my previous tries.

Have you noticed that I don't put my VJA sig graphic in my signature on other sites? Yeah. I used to have all of my scores privatized so I could avoid this drama bullshit, but I have no problem with posting scores that I am semi-proud of and are recent, because a few people have come to me personally and asked if I would post at least some scores so that they would see how they match up. If it weren't for that, they'd still all be private.
blah
QUOTE(rmz @ May 22 2006, 12:17 AM) *

That is all.

Beat me too it. Fuck yes they are.
sanchny
QUOTE(rmz @ May 22 2006, 01:17 AM) *

Hell. Yes. Thanks rura!

Regarding the DJPoints: People have different playstyles in terms of what they find fun to play. And also, people have different setups in terms of updating VJA data. Some people have their computer right next to their PS2 and can update right away each time they get a new score, and for some people the two are far and updating VJA scores becomes a chore.

Leave DJPoints in. They provide a good quick glance of how many scores someone has put in, which gives a good basis for what the AAA/AA/A numbers mean.

We've been talking about removing DJPoints, but in favor of what? Not everyone plays Dan rankings, and that's only a shaky indicator of passing ability, which doesn't really mean much. Not everyone plays doubles, so doubles Dan rankings shouldn't be on a sig. Someone's location is fairly useless information. Or rather, something like DJPoints are way more useful to me than where DJ NAME lives. Same thing with VJA ID#.
The mockup you posted looks pretty, but is a bit of an eyesore and stands out when a sig shouldn't. I like the current VJA sigs over that not just because of the info they display, but also because they're aesthetically simple and pleasing to the eye.
jammitch!
Eh, I actually liked the old way better. The colors kinda clash with each other now, and the way the item you want is missing from the list below throws off my sense of order (coming from a UI perspective). Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for improvement, and it's going to be very helpful down the road.
rura
QUOTE(jammitch! @ May 22 2006, 12:47 AM) *
Eh, I actually liked the old way better. The colors kinda clash with each other now, and the way the item you want is missing from the list below throws off my sense of order (coming from a UI perspective). Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for improvement, and it's going to be very helpful down the road.

Yes, the primary issue is that the banners were taking up too much space and something had to be done prior to any more releases. The headers are quite fluid at the moment (I'd like to use position:fixed and play with positioning a bit, but IE6 would hate me if I did).

And the colors are subject to change as well. I agree that the difficulty dropdown kinda clashes with the style banners (although it's less ugly than that bluish highlight color that was in use previously!).

Edit: What about using a grayscale version of the banner as a placeholder in the menu if it's the active style?
ParaParaKing
The style/difficulty selector looks sexy, but the Original Course 7K/14K selection is broken know.
rura
Fixed. It is my lot in life to make foolish mistakes.
ParaParaKing
Just noticed, that there is no link to return to Song Select anymore too. You can always press BACK on your browser though. Before the change it worked by pressing on the style, you were on.
rura
Ok, I changed the behavior so you can click the current style to go back like you used to be able to.

I also fixed a long-standing bug regarding original courses in coursesession...
dudabo
QUOTE(sanchny @ May 22 2006, 01:47 AM) *
Regarding the DJPoints: People have different playstyles in terms of what they find fun to play. And also, people have different setups in terms of updating VJA data. Some people have their computer right next to their PS2 and can update right away each time they get a new score, and for some people the two are far and updating VJA scores becomes a chore.

Sounds like a really good argument about why to leave DJP out of the equation! I still dont have all scores from 3rd-8th in yet on 7k or another because they are either songs I dont care about or songs overlooked, it's not an issue of not wanting to put crappy scores in.

QUOTE(sanchny @ May 22 2006, 01:47 AM) *
We've been talking about removing DJPoints, but in favor of what? Not everyone plays Dan rankings, and that's only a shaky indicator of passing ability, which doesn't really mean much.

Yeah but it is definitely the most accurate measure of how good someone is that iidx has right now. DJP just confuses people - a 6dan player with 10k+ DJP because of L7 looks a hell of alot better on the sig pic than someone like RMZ, who is better. Associating a dan level with AAA/AA/A counts gives them more/less meaning, which it should.

Your DJP is in some ways independent of your skill level - much better players can have a much lower DJP than those who are worse. I'm most certainly not interested in played RED on L7, but it feels like I need to go through it all just so that my DJP can measure up. What kind of an indication of skill is that? This just begs the question why then DJP should be on sig graphic at all.

A less confusing substitute that serves the same purpose: a count of how many scores you have entered (this sounds kinda dumb / useless to me, too).

aaaaaaand the new banner drop downs are really wierd lol. They look nice, though.
blackstar
I dunno, but seeing as the status graphic only shows A, AA, and AAA's, DJP covers the rest of the songs you've played. Without it, you would either see someone with nothing on their banner or you would see someone with lots of things on their banner.

QUOTE(dudabo @ May 22 2006, 03:09 PM) *
DJP just confuses people - a 6dan player with 10k+ DJP because of L7 looks a hell of alot better on the sig pic than someone like RMZ, who is better. Associating a dan level with AAA/AA/A counts gives them more/less meaning, which it should.

Isn't it his choice to privatize those entries even if they exist, meaning that he is willing to give up those points on his graphic?
rmz
Isn't it his choice to privatize those entries even if they exist, meaning that he is willing to give up those points on his graphic?

Please stop using me as an example, guys. This "willing to give up those points on his graphic" thing doesn't even really apply to me because I don't care about how many DJ Points I have.

For other people that do actually care what their sig graphic says, though, I'm sure it might be an issue.
WILD RIDE
Hey, why am I getting singled out...
dudabo
The choice to privatize scores is different from the choice to play everything on L7 on 3rd style so my DJP looks better.

I was trying to say that for anybody that chooses to use their sig graphic on other sites, having the DJP being displayed is a poor gague of skill even combined with AAA/AA/A count. The only true display is when both the DJP and AAA/AA/A count are both high (even then, no one knows if the counts are from L7, 7k, A...). Also, saying that your DJP is high is relative.

If either the AAA/AA/A counts or the DJP are not high, then no one can reach any conclusions about skill looking at the sig pic. Even if my AAA counts are high and my DJP is low then one could infer that I'm just putting in select scores, etc. There exists a similar example for any other combination.

Becuase the AAA/AA/A counts exist, the only thing that DJP shows is how many scores you have put in. While its true that DJP gets inflated the higher you score, showing AAA/AA/A counts already captures this information. I always thought this and am excited to hear that the sig graphic may be changed in the future.

If your using the graphic outside of this site, its becuase you want to show that you take iidx so seriously that you are part of the VJ Army and you want to show off your accomplishments in the game. By eliminating DJP and adding a dan rank and the # of scores entered, you're eliminating confusion without loss of information while adding a more reasonable gague of skill. That's what I think, anyway. It's not my call...just trying to give some input!

DJP most certainly has its place, but wouldn't it make more sense for it to be on a per style / per difficulty basis? (i.e. something internal to VJ Army)
cknowles32
I like to play IIDX. Everyone will have a different way to keep themselves interested in IIDX, whether or not DJP appears on a new sig graph is something that I feel is irrelevant. Essentially, it might be nice for a lot of players as a gauge of how many FC's PC's and other scores entered.

However, I don't think it would change the way I like to see my own personal improvement over the period of about 2 years since I started playing. Dan Course Rating on the Sig would be nice since its sort of IIDX's "official" way to rate a players skill (however inaccurate it may be), but basically entering scores in this complete database where I can see my own scores improve will always be my main interest on this site. In addition to all the fun filled competition between players and their scores.
Isaru
What do you guys think of something kinda like this? It has all the extra data AFAIK.

I know the fonts look all deformed and crappy; it's because I have no artistic skill.

QUOTE(Oddity @ May 19 2006, 07:23 PM) *
As for the timestamp improvements, what about adding just a comment at a later date? Should the timestamp be updated accordingly? Dunno what it does now.

I was curious about this as well.
blah
QUOTE(Isaru @ May 23 2006, 05:00 AM) *
What do you guys think of something kinda like this? It has all the extra data AFAIK.

I know the fonts look all deformed and crappy; it's because I have no artistic skill.
I was curious about this as well.

That would be okay... it'd be better to have number of scores entered instead of user ID though.
jammitch!
Much in the same way the TR sig tried not to duplicate anything on the VJA sig, the VJA sig shouldn't go back and dupe information (like number of entries) on the TR sig.

Also, I can never remember the kanji numbers so I'd rather see Arabic numerals instead.
bapple cider vinegar
I think user number somewhere would be cool
Schlagwerk
I think the location string could get rather large outside of the US. Even "USA: California" is looking a bit big.
Not unless outside the US, you just get your country.
blackstar
If I edit a score I previously entered it doesn't let me select my hi-speed and also removes whatever hi-speed I had.

Help?
rura
What browser is this occurring in? I can't reproduce in Safari, Opera, Firefox, or IE6.

You may also try logging out and back in.
blackstar
Weird, it's not doing that anymore...

I was using Firefox 1.0.7 but it might have been some random glitch.
Axem Rangers
Just as a general sort of thing, I enjpy all the sexiness that VJA is getting, but where's the love for Pop'n Navy? ;-;
Catastrophe
First, if you're getting random PMs from people bragging about how they pwned your Bs then there are at least two things wrong with that and neither of them have anything to do with your public scores or your sig graphic.

I thought about the problem some more and I decided that the real problem is that there is no good way to infer useful information from any sort of counter if that counter has a low value. If you pretend that we're playing DDR and you look at just the AAA count then you won't be able to tell RYRY from a total noob, although Oddity looks impressive either way. If you look at just DJPs then CSTAR looks bad/average. In all cases really low numbers cover the quality of the scores. However, really large numbers do mean something good. Oddity has ~2000 AAAs so it is safe to assume that he hasn't merely whored out L7. Someone with 11000 DJPs from singles play alone must have an average of a FC+AAA on normal and an average of HC+A on hyper and another. That's about as close to writing "I've cleared hyper!" on the sig graphic as is possible. Personally, I think that everyone who has cleared Innocent Walls on hyper should go back and score an average of 9.3 DJPs per song on normal just for the sake of making their counters self-evident. However, because IIDX has so many games, this would be a 200+ hour task for people who haven't been keeping up with the series. If you've 'only' been playing for 2 years then you've 'only' been able to play the last 4 of the 9 games when they were new. So I've got another idea.

Also, very few people play doubles and even fewer people care about comparing DP scores. Merging the scores into one graphic gives way too much credit to people like Freiza and I. Because most people only care about singles play and because most people only have SP in their sig it's kind of unfair for me to boast 300/500/500 As when I have more DP As than I do SP non-As.

This should take care of everything. I'm not an artist but I did use Arial and System for the fonts, which I what I think VJA uses. First, I put SP and DP in separate images because I estimate that approximately 20 people care about the latter. This forum would automatically put only the SP image to the left of your post if you specify your VJA ID. (Unless you guys don't mind the vertical scroll that people with VJA and PNN usually produce?) Second, I don't mean to pick on anyone (sorry MIAB, I picked you because I recognized you), but the letter 'G' is as wide as the letter 'W' and has the advantage of not looking like \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ when used to show the longest possible DJ name in my mockup. There are four changes I've made to the current sig graphic. The first is the FC now includes your PC count. I'm actually kind of proud of my PC count, but I needed the space. The next change is that "%" shows the percentage of all scores entered for SP. So if there are 1750 charts on singles play and you enter scores for all of the 8s and higher then you might have a 32% here. The third change is that your average percentile across all of your entries is displayed in the upper right. The fourth change is that you recieve a different background image depending on your achievement ranking, kind of like how PNN has 3 different backgrounds for the rediculous people (except that PNN is still just all counters, really).

NOW you can tell which play style someone has by looking at their sig. If the person is like VGTA or RYRY then they'll have a high AAA count, a high percentile in the upper right, 10-dan, and few scores entered. This tells everyone: "I'm only here for the crowns, and you're not good enough to DJ battle me." I don't want to single anyone out, but it might also be possible for someone to have 1000 AAAs, scores on almost nothing else and a mediocre percentile. This tells everyone: "I'm doing this DDR style and I never play anything after I've AAAed it." And then my sig graphic will have scores for everything and (hopefully) a 65% percentile which means: "Battle me!" I also thought it might be clever, since these are greyscale mockups, to tint the image blue if someone is a normal 7/14 whore. But I think what I have is enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.