Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things you feel stupid for not realising before
Solid State Squad Forums > Beatmania IIDX > Let's Talk It Over
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
chotto kiitena
To kick this off with an example, it was only when I read the translated production notes for Symbolic at ROOTS26 that I realised that Holic, Stoic and Symbolic were a series. >_<

Or that Abstract and Symbolic were intended to be opposites.

I feel stupid now.

What makes you feel stupid? smile.gif
Azure
I didn't know those things either. I guess I'm stupid too now sad.gif
CStarFlare
I used to think that using thumbs would make me worse by getting too many fingers involved, which would get in the way.

X_x

EDIT: Also

Summer Vacation - Trip Hop
DJ Comet
I keep reading The End of My Spiritually as The End of My Spirituality. sad.gif
HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
Not IIDX, but I did not realize the ITG artists Kid Whatever and DJ Zombie were the same person under different aliases. I just thought they sounded really similar. >_>

Didn't know that Symbolic/Holic/Stoic thing either. Guess that's why they're consecutive on Bounce Connected (I think?)
rmz
QUOTE(MathmanZero @ Sep 21 2005, 09:33 PM) *
Didn't know that Symbolic/Holic/Stoic thing either. Guess that's why they're consecutive on Bounce Connected (I think?)

On BC they go Symbolic -> Holic -> Stoic, yes.

My confession is that I didn't know Vivi was the name of the singer for Bad Boy and Kocchi wo Muiteyo at first, I just thought it was an alias Taka used.
Mistykz
ive had so many of those moments...and for some reason i cant really think of any.
didn't know the stoic/holic/symbolic one
chotto kiitena
QUOTE(rmz @ Sep 22 2005, 12:39 AM) *
My confession is that I didn't know Vivi was the name of the singer for Bad Boy and Kocchi wo Muiteyo at first, I just thought it was an alias Taka used.

haha IRC smile.gif
Azure
I didn't know Radical Faith wasn't by Slake (The song still sucks though).
Trip Machina
QUOTE(DJ Comet @ Sep 22 2005, 12:31 AM) *

LOL same here! *feels stupid for not reading properly*
arttq
QUOTE(Trip Machina @ Sep 22 2005, 10:20 AM) *
LOL same here! *feels stupid for not reading properly*

Konami should feel stupid for not spelling correctly tongue.gif
Skyline
QUOTE(DJ Comet @ Sep 21 2005, 10:31 PM) *

LOVE IS DROWNING

Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
Dong-Tempo? :L
PkerUNO
Dong? :S
Catastrophe
I did not know that TaQ thing. 0_0

When I was first introduced to Colors I didn't know why it was called that.
BBH
I JUST realized that Cradle's video has overlays.

then again it's pretty gay anyway
TheKnightOfNee
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Sep 22 2005, 03:54 AM) *
Dong-Tempo? :L

I only figured that out like a month ago. =(

Quick edit - I couldn't find the quick edit button until someone went and showed me.
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(Skyline @ Sep 22 2005, 03:37 AM) *
LOVE IS DROWNING

Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

Photogenic! and I thought it was Dong-Tempo, as well..

(Photongenic & Dong-tepo, respectively)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of my song stupidity.

But one more..

I thought Virkato was a real, single artist and wanted to find more music by him/her... until I read the translation of the song comments.
Cdv12084
Most factoids in this thread have already made me feel pretty stupid save the misspellings...

As far as personal confessions I feel really stupid (still do) for taking so long to realize how awesome the Random option is. I never had anything against it or the players that utilized it, but I just never bothered with it. Granted, I was still bumbling along the dregs of L7 mode until recently so I suppose it wouldn't matter much at those levels. But anything that allows me the tease of thinking I can clear murmur twins 7K gets a thumbs-up here. If this turns the thread into a Random-is-a-crutch discussion I will lose hope for all humanity.

Downloading the Tatsujin batch torrent off ACD makes me feel pretty damn stupid about my play too. Although that's an esteem and not a knowledge issue I suppose. Oh wellz.
mpq
Not realizing that "scorpion fire" referred to Antares. (Regulus, Spica, Antares...)

EDIT: Doesn't want to show the japanese correctly.
blah
QUOTE(CStarFlare @ Sep 22 2005, 12:28 AM) *

That pun is not nearly as noticeable as the Biggest Roaster - Filter House one, though. I can understand how someone wouldn't catch that one.
Mazrim
I caught Summer Vacation's when I first starting playing IIDX, but never thought of The Biggest Roaster. Why? Bad Routine is also filter house. Also, where does a filter come into a roaster?
blah
QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Sep 22 2005, 03:24 PM) *
I caught Summer Vacation's when I first starting playing IIDX, but never thought of The Biggest Roaster. Why? Bad Routine is also filter house. Also, where does a filter come into a roaster?

Uh, coffee?
Mazrim
If you go to Wal Mart, go find the roaster section. I'm thinking large pans to roast turkies in and stuff. XD At least, that's what the one here has them labelled as >.>

Besides, it isn't as funny when you have Bad Routine beside it. =( They both don't make sense to me.
Miz
QUOTE(mpq @ Sep 22 2005, 03:35 PM) *
Not realizing that "scorpion fire" referred to Antares. (Regulus, Spica, Antares...)

... hey, those three make a series of star songs then! I just noticed that Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif
chotto kiitena
Oh man trip hop and filter house *groan*

Add me to the list of people who did not associate 'roaster' with coffee.
One Niceass Individual
Something game-play related, that scratching back and forth makes more sense then constantly flicking it.

okay so I only did that the first 4 times I played IIDX or something
Taka-no-Hakkin
QUOTE(Miz @ Sep 22 2005, 05:27 PM) *
... hey, those three make a series of star songs then! I just noticed that Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

And toss Votum Stellarum on top of that too.
Trip Machina
It's possible to roast coffee beans in a roaster.
After they are roasted, simply use the filter house to make the actual coffee from the grinds and stuff.
PkerUNO
I'm wondering how on earth a Japanese person could ever come up with such a pun... o_O
Mazrim
My guess is that some of the people that made those up (Filter house and Trip Hop puns) weren't Japanese, actually. Think how Scotty D has a hand in Bemani, cause he sure as hell aint Japanese.
sanchny
Why? Japanese people are quite capable of puns, and love the hell out of them. You'd be surprised at the puns that can be made in Japanese.
Crowbar
He was referring to the fact that they're puns in english.tongue.gif
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(Crowbar @ Sep 23 2005, 03:08 PM) *
He was referring to the fact that they're puns in english.tongue.gif

Hey, when in college, as soon as I knew enough Japanese, I tried to make puns... really bad ones...
So maybe it works the other way, too? Give a man enough knowledge.. and they'll make a joke outta it.
Songy
QUOTE(CStarFlare @ Sep 22 2005, 01:28 AM) *

Wow. I never got that until now.
HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
QUOTE(Songy @ Sep 23 2005, 04:40 PM) *
Wow. I never got that until now.

Neither did I. I was wondering what the heck that song had in common with something like Dune anyway...
K0LD
QUOTE(Trip Machina @ Sep 23 2005, 10:40 AM) *
It's possible to roast coffee beans in a roaster.
After they are roasted, simply use the filter house to make the actual coffee from the grinds and stuff.

Flying Grind Mix, anyone? Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif
Happy man
I thought 10th style cs would have color changing notes until I realized that it was just the screen at A.I that made it do that. sad.gif
Apollo2X
QUOTE("Happy man")
I thought 10th style cs would have color changing notes until I realized that it was just the screen at A.I that made it do that.

Lol you're not alone in that wink.gif I really enjoyed my one chance of flying to US and playing at AI, and now I don't care that it was naive of me to think that it was the game's graphics.

One more thing is that I hadn't realised that I had to move the IIDX game screen as down as I could, in order to view as much of the notechart as possible (European TVs "eat" parts of NTSC game screens, whereas American ones display them perfectly fine I guess). This resulted in the ability to play at higher speeds (playing HS4 with 175 bpm was a NO-NO before).
Anze
QUOTE(MathmanZero @ Sep 23 2005, 05:21 PM) *
Neither did I. I was wondering what the heck that song had in common with something like Dune anyway...

It doesn't even sound like real Trip Hop music (which puts me to sleep...). I'm guessing they either really wanted to have a pun at the expense of an innacurate music genre, or there was something remotely resembling Trip Hop before the "CU Mix".
chotto kiitena
QUOTE(Schlagwerk @ Sep 23 2005, 02:36 PM) *
Hey, when in college, as soon as I knew enough Japanese, I tried to make puns... really bad ones...

SUKIYAKI SUKI!!!!!
Schlagwerk
QUOTE(XytharDX @ Sep 23 2005, 09:45 PM) *
SUKIYAKI SUKI!!!!!

You win.. that was worse than any of the ones I tried.
rmz
DAISUKE GA DAISUKI DA
djplaeskool
I remember taking an Introductory Latin class back in High School....
I've forgotten most of it, but IIDX helped me remember one...

nostos - To Return Home / Regression

fusxin' Era(notalmix) had me confused as crap on a nomenclatural level, but thinking about it made me think of the only general term that uses that root...nostalgia>nostal'gia>nostal-, root L: nostos.

Era(nostalmix) [A] has those runs that are essentially congruent, save for a couple notes in between.

Then CaptivAte~浄化~, is a "Nostalish Requiem"
okwtfnostal
After the climax leading into the end of the song, the 1st, 3rd, and 5th notes are the same for the first two lines of each phrase.

Not that any of all this is *HEADDESK* inducing, but I had one of those "Oooooh ohmy.gif I remember that..." moments
Azure
moon_child has bpm changes blink.gif

And I didn't realize until a few months after 8th was released that the second half of Sakura is 320bpm.
Happy man
QUOTE(Azure @ Sep 24 2005, 01:52 PM) *
moon_child has bpm changes blink.gif

And I didn't realize until a few months after 8th was released that the second half of Sakura is 320bpm.

Have you ever notice that Linus has BPM changes as well ninja.gif , I've only discovered this like two week ago when I saw someone playing it at the arcade.
CStarFlare
^I didn't notice the BPM changes in Linus until I played Pop'n 8 and it said that Linus went from like 160 to 170. I laughed at myself.
Azure
QUOTE(Happy man @ Sep 24 2005, 02:50 PM) *
Have you ever notice that Linus has BPM changes as well ninja.gif , I've only discovered this like two week ago when I saw someone playing it at the arcade.

I didn't notice those until a few weeks ago when I was looking at hibroad. I don't even notice those minute changes while playing though.
HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
Speaking of Linus, I only just noticed the voice sample that's also in Breeding today. It's easier to pay attention to little things like that, I suppose, when you're watching the 14k notes scroll by helplessly.
TheKnightOfNee
QUOTE(MathmanZero @ Sep 24 2005, 07:56 PM) *
Speaking of Linus, I only just noticed the voice sample that's also in Breeding today. It's easier to pay attention to little things like that, I suppose, when you're watching the 14k notes scroll by helplessly.

I noticed that today for the first time too, while trying it on 14k too. ninja.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.