Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things you feel stupid for not realising before
Solid State Squad Forums > Beatmania IIDX > Let's Talk It Over
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
Azure
What voice sample are you guys talking about? huh.gif
TheKnightOfNee
QUOTE(Azure @ Sep 24 2005, 08:22 PM) *
What voice sample are you guys talking about? huh.gif

"Hey boy, wait a minute."

In Linus, it's about a minute or so in, right before the several mashy chord hits.

And obviously being the sample right at the start of Breeding.
bapple cider vinegar
And in 2.14.13
Tau
entrance: is it entrance or en-trance?
V: Vee or 5? It's from 5th style. Okay that's a stupid question, it's definitely Vee but it's funny that it's from 5th
Rainbow Flyer: This has a synth stream at the end? I changed sound system and all of a sudden I heard all sorts of stuff in songs that just wasn't there before.

(Note that I've posted all of those already, somewhere or other).
WILD RIDE
QUOTE(CStarFlare @ Sep 24 2005, 05:52 PM) *
^I didn't notice the BPM changes in Linus until I played Pop'n 8 and it said that Linus went from like 160 to 170. I laughed at myself.

I never noticed until Jimbo pointed it out, and it's one of my most played on 6th. How someon can miss 13 BPM changes is beyond me, but I did it...

Also, the 'trip hop' and 'Filter House' puns are the worst things I have heard in my life, and I will never play either song ever again (not serious, duh)...
Miz
I think it's entrance, as in something you go in. I don't remember what, but I seem to remember reading something that implied it. (This discussion came up a while ago on BMS, and I also seem to recall being satisfied that it got settled in that thread.)
Mazrim
On the whole Summer Vacation genre pun, I hope everyone understands the whole "CU Mix" play on shortcuts-with-pronounciation-of-letters stuff. (Hint: What's the last thing it says in the SV video?)
HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Sep 26 2005, 05:06 PM) *
On the whole Summer Vacation genre pun, I hope everyone understands the whole "CU Mix" play on shortcuts-with-pronounciation-of-letters stuff. (Hint: What's the last thing it says in the SV video?)

I'm pretty sure I caught this after playing Summer Vacation back-to-back for the first time (catching the end of the video, followed by the full song and subtitle at the start of the subsequent play)

Even now that I understand what Trip Hop means, I still think CU is a lamer pun. tongue.gif
TheKnightOfNee
QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Sep 26 2005, 05:06 PM) *

*puts face in hands*
Mistykz
not exactly the same thing, but i just listened to kamikaze's OST version, and it sounds a lot different than i thought it was supposed to (based on gameplay)

and uhh...not recently, but i remember the day when i realized DDR V's bg was the stairs...i felt like a total idiot. I always thought it was a retarded stick figure, or something. My friend thought it was a plant
chotto kiitena
It was a while before I realised it was Tran in the V video. I wasn't paying much attention I guess.
Miz
"absolutery" is probably just Engrish for "absolutely". That *just* hit me.
djplaeskool
Something I noticed today...
That generic video segment of flying through a psychadelic rectangular prism ala Star Fox is actaully part of the non-generic Breeding video...
Anze
QUOTE(XytharDX @ Sep 26 2005, 09:34 PM) *
It was a while before I realised it was Tran in the V video. I wasn't paying much attention I guess.

I also didn't notice her in the DDR Background. blink.gif
HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
QUOTE(Anze @ Sep 27 2005, 12:18 AM) *
I also didn't notice her in the DDR Background. blink.gif

This sort of flew under the radar for me too until I started playing both IIDX and DDR on a relatively frequent basis.

But frankly, that was more because I didn't even think at first that the staircase on the DDR BG was anything of importance.
Trip Machina
Yeah, I actually found this out early on when DDREXTREME just started to become popular and widespread.
I had played V (for extreme) and payed a little attention to the banner or background; I saw the stairs.

Then about 2 weeks later, a friend invites me to try BMIIDX 6th Style and I decide to.
While I reflected back on the "(for extreme)" labels on the DDREXTREME machine, I noticed that it was the original Sync and V songs, so I was like "OMG wow! The actual original V and Sync! =D".

So, I watch him pass the L7 notechart for it; while he is playing, I noticed the stairs and Tran walking down them. I actually started laughing because it was just funny to see such a high quality vid VS DDR's...it was my first time seeing and playing a IIDX game. tongue.gif

Ever since then, I always looked at the V (for extreme) background differently, which reminds me of my seeing the video "behind" it. tongue.gif

I too, notice the small things. ^_~
Mazrim
QUOTE(djplaeskool @ Sep 26 2005, 07:01 PM) *
Something I noticed today...
That generic video segment of flying through a psychadelic rectangular prism ala Star Fox is actaully part of the non-generic Breeding video...

F-FLY is one lazy ass when it comes to making videos. Check out any that he did for 9th Style...they ALL have generic videos in them somewhere. =| Traces -tracing you mix- is probably one of the biggest offenders.
Tau
Remembered a few more:

The fact that Heartbeat's starting rolls are offbeat sometimes
The fact that Kotti's rolls are some kinda fucked up 1/24ths and not just normal rolls
Azure
QUOTE(Tau @ Sep 25 2005, 10:16 AM) *
entrance: is it entrance or en-trance?
V: Vee or 5? It's from 5th style. Okay that's a stupid question, it's definitely Vee but it's funny that it's from 5th
Rainbow Flyer: This has a synth stream at the end? I changed sound system and all of a sudden I heard all sorts of stuff in songs that just wasn't there before.

(Note that I've posted all of those already, somewhere or other).

Heh, I remember a thread on BMS about whether it's entrance or en-trance. I think it was the former.
I think the only people who pronounce it as "5" are those that pronounce "A" as "ace."
You should check out Colors -Radio Edit-. It has an AWESOME synth stream at the end.
WILD RIDE
It took me a long time to notice tran in IIDX too. When you just glance at the bg while playing, it looks kinda like the guy from Mad Maestro!!...

Also, is 'tesifon' some crazy engrish for 'tension'?...
djplaeskool
GLLITER
One Niceass Individual
QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Sep 27 2005, 09:00 AM) *
F-FLY is one lazy ass when it comes to making videos. Check out any that he did for 9th Style...they ALL have generic videos in them somewhere. =| Traces -tracing you mix- is probably one of the biggest offenders.

U Gotta Groove and Abyss The heavens Remix are cut+paste as well.
SirSlarty
Speaking of BPM changes:

After playing 6th style, R10k does indeed speed up after the voice sample says "speed up" ( I *think* it says "speed up"). Never noticed the BPM change before and I was wondering why the end section always felt faster. Goes from 190 to 204
HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
QUOTE(SirSlarty @ Sep 28 2005, 11:15 PM) *
Speaking of BPM changes:

After playing 6th style, R10k does indeed speed up after the voice sample says "speed up" ( I *think* it says "speed up"). Never noticed the BPM change before and I was wondering why the end section always felt faster. Goes from 190 to 204

Aha...I recall I was playing the [a] on HS3 Random on 6th once, and I finally made it out of the hard part with enough gauge to pass the song if I just got through the ending with a mostly-FC (first try of the day). I was wondering why I blew it so badly...190 on HS3 is pushing it for me, 204 + Random is definitely a problem. No wonder I do better on 4th HS2
Miz
QUOTE(Azure @ Sep 27 2005, 07:14 PM) *
Heh, I remember a thread on BMS about whether it's entrance or en-trance. I think it was the former.
I think the only people who pronounce it as "5" are those that pronounce "A" as "ace."

I say "Vee", and half the time I say "Ace". BURNSAUCE

I've never actually heard of anyone that pronounces "V" like "five". (Is the guy's name "Fivealdi" then?)
rmz
Technically, in the RED Q&A Konami just said something to the effect of "there is no official way to pronounce A and AA, but 'ace' and 'double-ace' are popular pronounciations among players." So it's really just kind of a Japanese language thing.

I pronounce it like the letter A, though, like I'm sure most English-speaking players do >.>
BG_Hojo72
Some people call V "Five" because they're purposly trying to sound like a jackass (Me)

I remember for a long time, I thought the vocals in Golden Horn was just some guy moaning into a microphone. Then one day I found myself able to actually make out words.
Tau
Anyone else think that Innocent Walls sounds a lot like Max 300?
Crowbar
No.
deathrazor
Innocent Walls sounds like TaQ had a seizure on his synth.
One Niceass Individual
I didn't realize that was Shi-Low on the 3rd Style case until just yesterday.
Crowbar
Why the hell does Shi-low get his ugly mug plastered all over 3rd style anyway? :[
One Niceass Individual
^- die
Raving Loony Society
Yeah, what gives? Though Tekka is so cuter than Shi-Low, liek omigosh.

Haha, I kid. Tsugaru is the cutest.
Azure
QUOTE(Raving Loony Society @ Oct 1 2005, 01:25 PM) *
Haha, I kid. Tsugaru is the cutest.

MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO CALL. PEDOPHILIA.

tongue.gif
Mazrim
QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Sep 27 2005, 11:32 PM) *
If they put Tsguaru in goth makeup and a bikini as a [Akira Yamaoka album] cover insert you're really fucked.
Azure
The sad thing is that he speaks the truth sad.gif
rmz
QUOTE(Azure @ Oct 1 2005, 12:27 PM) *
MUST. RESIST. URGE. TO CALL. PEDOPHILIA.

tongue.gif

Though I don't find her attractive, really, I get annoyed by people who pull out the "pedophilia" tag for anybody that's below 18. So, she's supposed to be 18 now, but what about in 9th Style? She's 17 or 16, correct?

So, if the person speaking is 18 or 19, that's only two or three years difference. How the hell is that pedophilia? What about an 18-year-old loving a 17-and-a-half-year-old? Black-and-white drawn lines are so idiotic.

Eh. Like I said, I don't care for her, but it just annoys me when people say "ZOMG PEDOPHILIA" when people in their LATE TEENS are attracted to people also in their LATE TEENS.
Azure
Heh, I'm just joking smile.gif

Whenever I make those comments, I usually refer to the 8th Style Tsugaru.

But yeah, I WOULD be in serious trouble if they used MazriM TaiM's cover art because of the gothic look.
deathrazor
We can always go by the 4chan loli rules: if she doesn't look mature she is loli/jailbat/pedo-inducing. Tsugaru falls under this.
Miz
Tsugaru and Daruma are 13 in 8th style, so assuming characters age in real time (which they did, at least for the first seven styles or so) she'd be 16 now.

(Incidentally, Tsugaru is from Aomori, and there's an actual city in Aomori prefecture named Tsugaru. Just noticed that. It would be amusing to go to Tsugaru and play 8th style. I wonder if that's where Tsugaru apples are from ... )
Mazrim
Legal age of consent is 14 in Canada. >.>
Azure
QUOTE(MazriM TaiM @ Oct 1 2005, 06:00 PM) *
Legal age of consent is 14 in Canada. >.>

Apparently it's 13 in Spain and Korea blink.gif
SEXYSEXYCHEVY
Just saw the Silent Hill 2 dog ending.
HOORAY IN MY EYES!
chotto kiitena
I only just realised (watching the Visual Emotions DVD) that the videos for Step Into The New World and Beyond the Earth are by the same person.
rmz
QUOTE(chickensnack @ Oct 4 2005, 04:24 AM) *
Just saw the Silent Hill 2 dog ending.
HOORAY IN MY EYES!

IT'S BEEN YOU ALL ALONG!
Miz
While researching something else (that eventually leads back to the Feedback video production info), I found out that the phrase "ichi ka bachi ka" is written δΈ€
chotto kiitena
FEEDBACK IS THE REMNANTS OF ROCK'N'ROLL
rmz
Feedback ALWAYS makes me think of Abstract because it uses a few of the same samples that Abstract does :<
Miz
QUOTE(XytharDX @ Oct 6 2005, 02:37 AM) *
FEEDBACK IS THE REMNANTS OF ROCK'N'ROLL

Oh, Jesus. That page's not done yet tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.