IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Easy Way to Upload PS2 IIDX Save Files to S3, The n00b's guide to uploading all your scores at once
MdX MaxX
post Oct 25 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Here's a little guide I decided to write for the Memory Card Sync feature of S3.

Hardware you need:
- Swap Magic 3.6 OR a Modchipped PS2
- USB Flashdrive (or other USB Mass Storage Device)
- Blank CD-R (Only if you're using a modchipped PS2 without Swap Magic)

1) Download uLaunchELF (uLE) here: http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37242

If you're using Swap Magic, go to Step 2.
If you're using a modchipped PS2 without Swap Magic, go to step 2b.

2) Open the uLE zip file and extract the files somewhere. Then, create a folder in the root of your flashdrive called SWAPMAGIC. Copy the BOOT.ELF and LAUNCHELF.CNF from the uLE folder to the SWAPMAGIC folder on your flashdrive. Rename the BOOT.ELF to SWAPMAGIC.ELF. Go to step 3.

2b) If you don't have Swap Magic, but have a modchipped PS2 that can read burned CDs/DVDs, follow these steps:
Open the uLE zip file and extract the files somewhere. Take the BOOT.ELF and LAUNCHELF.CNF files and burn them to a blank CD-R. Go to step 3b.

3) Insert your USB flashdrive into a USB port on your PS2. Insert the Swap Magic disc (DVD version or CD version, it doesn't matter) and start the PS2. Swap Magic will start, then automatically boot into uLaunchELF. Go to step 4.

3b) Insert your USB flashdrive into a USB port on your PS2. Insert the CD-R with uLaunchELF into your PS2 and start the PS2. uLaunchELF should boot. Go to step 4.

4) Press O to enter the file browser, then locate the Memory Card that has your IIDX Save on it. It is either ms0:/ (Memory Card Slot 1) or ms1:/ (Memory Card Slot 2). Once inside the Memory Card folder, locate the folder with your IIDX Save in it. The folder name starts with 'BISLPM' and should end with 'BM2DX--' (example: BISLPM-66828BM2DX13 is DistorteD, BISLPM-55117BM2DX15 is DJ Troopers, BISLPM-65593BM2DX7 is 7th Style).

5) Press R1 to access the file menu, and select Copy. Then, press Δ to back out of the Memory Card folder. Now, enter the mass:/ folder. This is your USB flashdrive. Press R1 again and select Paste to copy the folder to your flashdrive. Once the copy is done, turn off the PS2.

6) Download PS2 Save Builder here: http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?o...ails&lid=74

7) Open the PS2_Save_Builder zip file. Run ps2save-builder.exe. Then, go to the folder on your flashdrive where you copied your savefile and select the three files inside (BISLPM-----BM2DX--, 2DXICON, and icon.sys). Drag the three files into the PS2 Save Builder window. They should appear in the table. Go to File > Save As and save the file somewhere as a Shark-Port 2 (.sps) file. You can name it whatever you want.

8) Login to S3 and go to the Memory Card Sync page (http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/sync.php). Click Choose File and find the .sps file you just saved. Select the file, then choose 'New and updated scores only' in the dropdown box (this is to avoid overwriting any better scores already in the S3 database). Then click upload.

9) Once your save is uploaded, a page will pop up with all of your scores. If your save file is from 8th Style or higher, you need to manually set the Hi-Speed setting for each song. Once that's done, click Update and you're done! Now you can show off all your scores without inputting them one-by-one.

Please reply if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.

If there's already a guide like this then I only wasted an hour writing this.

This post has been edited by MdX MaxX: Oct 25 2009, 04:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
over there
post Oct 25 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #2

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Oh cool, now hopefully VgameT can do rival data with me! and others if they are interested~

+Quote Post
pox
post Oct 26 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #3

Quick query - I can't get SWAPMAGIC to automatically boot from the USB drive.

My normal method is to boot with the CD version of SWAPMAGIC 3.6, then swap to a burned ISO of ELF, then transfer etc. Trying your method, in step 3 nothing automatically happens, and I can't get to ELF without swapping to the ELF cd.

Any thoughts or suggestions ? Its not a big deal for me but it would save me some time.

Cheers

+Quote Post
MdX MaxX
post Oct 28 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

On your USB drive, make sure the SWAPMAGIC folder is in the root. Also, make sure that the ELF file for uLE has been renamed from BOOT.ELF to SWAPMAGIC.ELF.

I don't think I have tested this method with the CD Swap Magic, so I'll try it later and get back to you.

EDIT: Yep, this works with the CD version as well.

This post has been edited by MdX MaxX: Oct 28 2009, 09:16 PM

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Nov 4 2009, 11:33 PM
Post #5

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Nice guide. I wrote one a while ago but it wasn't as comprehensive. I don't think you wasted your time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cole
post Nov 5 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #6

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Will Action Replay do the trick, or does it have to swap magic?

This post has been edited by Cole: Nov 5 2009, 12:17 AM

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post Nov 5 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #7

I think happiness is having something to believe in.

hey my understanding was that the ule-swapmagic trick doesn't work on the newer slim ps2s. at least, it didn't work on my new one (although I had it working on my old, now-broken one.) is that the case?

--------------------

+Quote Post
m335h73r
post Nov 5 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Roll for Tier

DJ Battle This User

sweet now I'll have more than 8 scores up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd December 2021 - 05:08 PM