IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First S3 rivalry thread!, Put up your dukes!
spineshark
post Jul 1 2009, 01:42 AM
Post #21

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Only some songs starting with S and R left now...you've definitely got me on Radical Faith and Sweetest Savage, which are too slow and empty for me to play well, but I have close scores on smooooch, RAMSWITCH, satfinal, SOTA and Reminiscence so I think with some more tries I'll pull ahead on those. So after this first round I'm thinking it'll be about 64-31, which is pretty good, especially considering the advantage seeing your scores is. Though it didn't affect things we both got AAA's on, where yours was better but I still didn't care tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 1 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #22

quelly~the fourth ham~

QUOTE (waffles @ Jun 30 2009, 03:30 PM) *
Well, glad you could stop by and spam the thread for an extra post XP Did it work?

yep~

--------------------
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrived safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skidded
in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worned out, and loudly proclaimed ‘Rofñ! What a Ride!’” - Pidgey S. Thompson

+Quote Post
Rwr4539
post Jul 2 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #23

DJ Battle This User

I wouldn't mind rivalling you waffles, but my account seems pretty empty atm, so I'm trying to fill it up.

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 2 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #24

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Rwr - then fill in some more scores and lets go!

Spineshark: I finished with DD (never did bother playing all the rest of the anothers) and moved on to DJT. I forgot how impossible Vox Up is. And Pluto *shudders*.

In any case, it looks like 6* is now within my "I can AAA over 75% of the time" range... so keep it coming... and post scores even when they're lower than mine. Its more incentive to actually raise them. Discounting songs way outside of my skill range, I never have and never will decide not to post a score because its not good enough. I tend to think thats the way to be =P.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jul 3 2009, 03:42 AM
Post #25

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

The reason that I haven't put up any scores since Tuesday is because I haven't been home to play. I don't have any problem putting up worse scores if I feel they're the best I'm willing to put together at a given time. Though there's also an element of laziness for the [a]'s I can't clear; I have enough scores to put in without doing the really sucky ones tongue.gif

Vox Up is pretty much the Steel Needle chart without the absurdly easy bit, it seems to me. It features a lot of those same obnoxious short rolls at practically the same tempo, so I think playing Nudele a lot helps if you want to learn it. But I wouldn't blame you if you didn't =p

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jul 5 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #26

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Waffles - edit profile - enter your S3 IIDX user number, 170. Then the battle link will appear below your name.

Aw man I remember when Faker13 was the perfect rival for me. Now he's like LOOK OUT GET OUT OF THE WAY!

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Jul 5 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #27

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

oh? lol

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 7 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #28

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Hrm... I'm getting there...

Battle Decision

dj WOFL Victories: 39
dj FAKR Victories: 1249
dj FAKR WINS!

dj WOFL Total: 1338936
dj FAKR Total: 1526180
dj FAKR WINS! by 187244

Battle Decision

dj WOFL Victories: 123
dj ALLEN Victories: 1025
dj ALLEN WINS!

dj WOFL Total: 1208729
dj ALLEN Total: 1334318
dj ALLEN WINS! by 125589

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 8 2009, 04:12 PM
Post #29

quelly~the fourth ham~

But what about a Mafia wordcount battle? Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

Battle Decision

dj WOFL Wordcount: 0
dj ALLEN Wordcount: 9481739668
dj ALLEN WINS!

I'll stop now
or will I

--------------------
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrived safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skidded
in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worned out, and loudly proclaimed ‘Rofñ! What a Ride!’” - Pidgey S. Thompson

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 8 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #30

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I'm just impressed you lasted until after the 20th post =P

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jul 10 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #31

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

So I got my GOLD disc fixed (it had a scratch that was causing it to bug out during op. 31, with the sound cutting out in the middle and the results screen not loading) and I've been playing it this week instead of DD. God I'm bad at those revivals though. Anything House, No. 13, Beginning of Life Remix...

I haven't uploaded many scores lately though because while I was out of the house for a few days last week, my DesQ got usurped and I don't have my computer and TV in the same room. It'll probably be a few more days before I get many more scores up, but I'll have a ton of new AAAs and AAs to put up.

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 10 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #32

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Nice job with that Laser Cruster AAA. Also, yeah those revivals are a pain to time... Don't worry about taking a while to upload scores, I know how that goes. In the meantime I've been going after your DJT scores. I'm to 57 to 45 in my favor (Ignoring L7) and up about 700 EX.

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 12 2009, 04:26 AM
Post #33

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

My percentile signature image particularly is totally wrong since the move to S3. I'm going to update that sig image maybe by the middle of next week, but I can't bear to do it as-is. I need to eliminate the low scores (percentile and grade) wise on lots of 6* and below stuff. Looking at my percentiles for 2* songs and seeing that less than half of them are better than the 50th percentile makes me want to throw up. Interestingly, my percentile for 1*-4* songs is about the same (except the dip at 2*).

Working on RED right now, probably enter in ~10 new scores per difficulty and clean up whats there before moving to 9th/10th/HS.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to start "counting" AAAs at any point. I think I will for 10s-12s, but less than that just seems silly. The first 10 for each difficulty or so seemed significant, after that it just becomes commodity... AAAing a 8* is cause for celebration to me right now, but in three weeks I probably won't care, certainly not enough to count which ones happened when. I'll count 98%s forever though, cause, well, theres really a lot of accuracy needed for that.

IIDX SP Passed: 43.19% (1034)
IIDX SP AAA'ed: 16.33% (391)
IIDX SP 98%'ed: 00.08% (2)

--------------------

+Quote Post
THE SHINING POLA...
post Jul 16 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #34

The Beauty of Silence

DJ Battle This User

woffel... make a 1 handed account like DJ W0FL1H and I'll rival that... ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 18 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #35

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I used to play one handed, and then i stopped in favor of 'i'd like to actually get a hang of this game' - some are good enough to be competent 1handed players. When I try, I get carpal tunnel.

=P sorry silky.

Also: Holy junk 6th style! I've got a scratched up old disc so there are two songs that I can't even play, but thats ok. Now I can go play 9th and 10th style and feel like i'm getting an upgrade =P.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Aug 1 2009, 04:35 AM
Post #36

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Alright I'm slowly putting up GOLD scores, starting with my AAA's and some of my better AA's and FC's. I'm bad at this rival thing, I'm still improving fast enough that any time I finish a given set of improvements I could start over with it and improve it again by a noticeable (at least to me) margin. As such I pretty much have to put my foot down when I get an AAA on L7 so I don't waste another good while just trying to catch up to you on some of these.

Anyway I'm going to try to work through GOLD until I at least reach my 120 FC's goal, I'm at almost 90 right now with plenty of 4-7s to go so it shouldn't be too long. I also feel like I should be able to AAA every L7 except op. 31, GOBWS, the three 8* (man your FAXX score is way better than mine) and Sense 2007, so I'll keep working toward that. (19 November is, annoyingly, harder to AAA on Normal than Hyper) After that I'll be getting back to DJT in an attempt to keep things competitive on at least a couple styles. I'll try to at least cancel all the landslide victories (which should be easy as I've already AAA'd many of those songs, but on my old dead save so I do have to do it again), and take back some of the Hypers. You've done a nice job on those!

+Quote Post
Cole
post Aug 5 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #37

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Waffles, I finally got DD, Gold, and DJT. So now I think I can seriously rival you. I havent played in the last two weeks because I was on vacation visiting family in such, but im going to try and shake off the rust as fast as possible.

+Quote Post
waffles
post Aug 5 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #38

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Cool! I've been playing 6th - happy sky lately, trying to fill in some scores on said older styles, right now just working to finish and polish up happy sky, but then I'll be moving to DistorteD, so looks like this's going to get moving.

EDIT:
Oh wow, spineshark, I almost missed your post.

Good stuff with getting more of GOLD filled in. I've played so much L7 that my scores are generally pretty crazy. I've been playing happy sky and I've got 13 95%+'s on there. It'll be even worse than that when I get back to DistorteD and Gold... too much normal and not enough hyper/another.

What I'm doing:

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Aug 6 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #39

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

As will happen now and again, I'm quitting IIDX. Too much in my life has been going to the wayside and needs to get taken care of. Sorry rivals.

EDIT: However, I'll be back when Empress comes out. I just dropped my FP7 with a friend. I feel so empty inside. I miss her so much... how do I know she'll be well taken care of? Will she want me back? Will he push her buttons better than I ever could?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeneki
post Aug 12 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #40

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (waffles @ Aug 6 2009, 07:58 PM) *
I just dropped my FP7 with a friend.

I have some good news for you waffles. Some n00b gave me $20 for your Dao controller. LOL, what a sucker! Anyway your share is $10 so I'll pay you next time I see you, ok?

(btw every time I enter a score on this site I keep expecting to see you burst through the door in a mad frenzy and reclaim it)

This post has been edited by Jeneki: Aug 12 2009, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 09:50 PM