IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First S3 rivalry thread!, Put up your dukes!
waffles
post Jun 18 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

So... I've been practicing timing on easy stuff, and others, trying to pass more stuff, blah blah blah.

Anybody want to rival now that i've started back up again and we're on the new site?

Recent Accomplishments: waxing and 1ding AA, pass on AA. AAAed a new 7. I'm user 170, waffles, dj WOFL (i got rid of the stupid zer0)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
over there
post Jun 18 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #2

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I thought you were trying to battle Six Silver Strings :< I guess I'm still not used to the new forum name.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jun 18 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #3

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

That's because it's S3, not SSS emot-colbert.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
itsgreylolol
post Jun 18 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #4

I am the end of the world

DJ Battle This User

Best use of Colbert.

Also, do you mean you cleared waxing and AA [h], or [a]? Because you would have become ridiculously good all of a sudden if that were the case.

--------------------
All numbers not including EMP+PB
[L7] Left to AAA: 3 (Step Into the New World, Fun, Gambol)
[7k] left to A: 1 (Pluto)
11*s left to clear: 9 (waxing and wanding, tripping contact (remix), The Dirty of Loudness, four pieces of heaven, Blocks, Bleeding Luv, Be OK [b])
12*s Cleared: 5
Ds left in IIDX: 4 (Mendes[b], Icarus[b], four pieces of heaven[b], Mei[a])

+Quote Post
SixSilverStrings
post Jun 19 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #5

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (osrg @ Jun 18 2009, 09:35 PM) *
I thought you were trying to battle Six Silver Strings :< I guess I'm still not used to the new forum name.

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jun 19 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #6

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Sorry robby :<

it means that I:
passed aa[h]
aa failed waxing and 1ding[h]

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jun 19 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #7

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Oh hey, that's pretty close to where I am. I'm been doing more clears right now than scores though; don't think I have any 7 AAA's right now but I do have quite a few 6's so I could probably get some if I bothered.

I mean I beat AA a little while ago now and W&W a couple weeks before that (it's easier with Hard; if you're getting an AA you should be able to do it) but that's not really that far ahead so it might work. I do have to put a lot of scores in though, and I only have 5 styles right now (not counting US, which I haven't played since I got Gold and HS; last time I'd played, I couldn't clear Love is Dreaminess L7 for some reason even though I'd beaten all the other L7's)

This post has been edited by spineshark: Jun 19 2009, 04:34 AM

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Jun 19 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #8

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

feel free to use me if youre in the 11 range trying to break into 12's
but grey pretty much is my other half for me

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
Cole
post Jun 22 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #9

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Waffles, youre almost the same level as I am, I'm down to rival.

EDIT: And Spineshark, I'd like to rival as well if you're interested

This post has been edited by Cole: Jun 22 2009, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jun 25 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #10

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Cole, sounds good, except that... well... you need to start entering in scores OTHER than AAAs. Also, pretty much all your scores are from 7th through Red, excluding 10th, including BMUS... I can polish up my 9th and RED scores, but you need to start entering in more than AAAs if you actually want to rival me =P...

Spineshark:
Maybe you need to update your scores? All i see for you is DJT normal, the scores on which i am murdering you (89 to 7, with 71 landslides in my favor).

Still, sounds good, once you add some more scores =D.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cole
post Jun 25 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (waffles @ Jun 25 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Cole, sounds good, except that... well... you need to start entering in scores OTHER than AAAs. Also, pretty much all your scores are from 7th through Red, excluding 10th, including BMUS... I can polish up my 9th and RED scores, but you need to start entering in more than AAAs if you actually want to rival me =P...

Ha you make excellent points. My situation right now is that entering scores is kinda a pain, so im only putting in the AAAs (and due to other annoying circumstances I have to manually enter scores from my VJA account). When I move back to college I'll start getting in those other scores. Also, atm I only have 7th, 8th, 9th, and RED because I stopped playing for a few years and recently started again. I intend to get 10th and HS-DJT asap. I'll let you know when I've got those things sorted out blush.gif

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jun 26 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #12

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Cole @ Jun 25 2009, 06:19 PM) *
10th and HS-DJT

Yeah, these are the styles I do have right now, so there's no way we can be good rivals like this tongue.gif
Maybe you need to update your scores? All i see for you is DJT normal, the scores on which i am murdering you (89 to 7, with 71 landslides in my favor).

Still, sounds good, once you add some more scores =D.

Yeah, I'll start working on adding more scores this weekend, but I need to redo (or do for the first time on 10th and DD) like 90% of my L7 scores. I actually HAD a bunch of DJT improvements which I lost and will have to do over. =/ Oh well. Do you want me to prioritize putting up Normal scores or Hyper? Or does it not matter much?

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jun 26 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #13

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (spineshark @ Jun 26 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Yeah, I'll start working on adding more scores this weekend, but I need to redo (or do for the first time on 10th and DD) like 90% of my L7 scores. I actually HAD a bunch of DJT improvements which I lost and will have to do over. =/ Oh well. Do you want me to prioritize putting up Normal scores or Hyper? Or does it not matter much?

I tend to put too much priority on Normal scores, just because its "weee, how far down can i get my non-AAA count?" and 'must get all scores to 50th percentile'

So put your emphasis on whatever you like... probably Hyper is more relevant, because after a while Light just becomes a tossup of 'who is better at Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif timing =P. Then again, I tend to be pretty good at that. It'd be cool if you posted what you're going to do specifically in this thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jun 27 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #14

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Okay, I think I'll try and finish the Hypers first then. It'll be less work since a lot more of them (especially 10s/11s and some of the 9s) I've played at my current skill level. In the meantime I'll probably hack away at some L7s as I can stand to play them. Mostly it shouldn't be that bad, but 10th is kind of a chore I'm finding, thanks to the obnoxious tempo changers (damn you, Mr. T!) and really slow songs (I have a D on Glorious Days [A]) dry.gif I need HS5, apparently.

I'll probably be mostly working DJT until I get a full set of Hyper scores (which I'll probably finish this weekend); I'm going to have to do almost all of both Normal and Hyper again, so I might as well get half of those out of the way first.

This post has been edited by spineshark: Jun 27 2009, 02:51 AM

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jun 29 2009, 03:51 AM
Post #15

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

spineshark: Cool.
My DJT Normal and Hypers are just fine, so I'm going to leave those be for a while and play some other stuff. Here is my plan:

I'll finish up with DistorteD:
Polish up Light, Redo a bunch of Hyper, finish up Another (yay handbreaking 11s) Hopefully reach SP 2400 DJP.

Then move on to Happy Sky:
TONS to do here. I'm just going to say "Get SP to at least 1800 DJP by whatever means necessary".

Chip away at RED:
For some reason I can't get myself to enjoy playing this style, but I'll at least get SP up to 1200 DJP.

Then move on to DJT for a while, do some random style jumping foolishness =).

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jun 30 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #16

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

I didn't have as much time last weekend as I expected and also picked a bunch of really annoying songs to try to improve first, but now that I have all the 10s and 11s out of the way (except Sound of Giallarhorn, which I really feel like I should be doing better on, considering how easy it is to just clear) the rest should fill in pretty quickly. I'll probably cut myself off at three tries apiece to round out this set of Hypers, then I'll go Attack the Music in Distorted myself.

Course, the fastest way to even up the rivalry would be to improve my dozens of asstastic L7 scores on DJT, but I'm going to need a little time off after all those Hypers. (I'm sure glad to have that AAA+0 on Steel Needle though)

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jun 30 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #17

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Hahhaa, you almost gave me a heart attack, it sounded like you had an AAA+0 on Steel Needle H7. Nice job handing me my own ass on DJT hyper though dude, I might need to reconsider and polish that up before I move to happy sky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spineshark
post Jun 30 2009, 03:00 AM
Post #18

I like back.

DJ Battle This User

Well I have some victories to hand you too. I was holding off, trying to improve them but for some reason I suck at random stuff like Blue Rain (even though I effing FC'd it tonight), Beatonic Nation, Bad Routine and Be Ok.

Actually, I see a pattern there...

And yeah, that was some sketchy phrasing. Sometime I *will* re-earn the A on Steel Needle Hyper that I lost on my old save though. (got A-28 on 8-dan tonight and I play that chart better mirror)

This post has been edited by spineshark: Jun 30 2009, 03:04 AM

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jun 30 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #19

quelly~the fourth ham~

I will be rivals with anyone

actually no I will not I just want 1001 posts to see if chkn is right about this custom title business

--------------------
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrived safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skidded
in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worned out, and loudly proclaimed ‘Rofñ! What a Ride!’” - Pidgey S. Thompson

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jun 30 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #20

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Well, glad you could stop by and spam the thread for an extra post XP Did it work?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 09:46 PM