IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need a rival, early 10*, Single play only. Or 2x Dual Shock!
Naoki Maeda fan
post Apr 5 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #1

Evergreen

DJ Battle This User

Hey, since this is my first post I think a small introduction is in order. Just skip this bit for the "important" stuff.

I've been playing IIDX for six months now and I really like it. Earlier I got my rivals from Total Recall but like you know it's not updating right now. Having a rival helps my game and makes it more interesting to play, not to mention I'm having trouble submitting my non-AAA scores without a rival. Besides it's nicer if someone knows you're rivaling them, instead of going all "hahaha I beat you stranger, even though you don't know nor care". I had DJ CLICK as my rival for quite a while but because he has so damn many scores it's impossible too keep them up to date and while I think he's still a lot better than I am I end up killing him on a dj battle due the spread.

About scores:
After the first month or so I've always used random, although I usually get better scores without (dan play). I've made a principle decision not to upload non-ran scores anymore though. I recently passed 7th dan and I can clear some tens. Timing-wise I can AAA most 1-5* and AA-AAA 6-7*. However since I'm a relatively new player I don't care much for upgrading my AAA's but more for getting new ones right now. If I get an AAA I'm 95% of the time happy with it and just let it be even though I could likely get better ones should I try again. Especially true on sightread AAA's.

So yeah I'd like a rival mostly for 6-10* songs although I'm cool with the other difficulties too should the need arise. I don't have THAT many scores on hyper yet, but I intend to upload at least most of them as soon as possible. I have an LCD TV so HS-DJT only if possible.

Alright, this has gone on long enough, fight me. Please?

--------------------
Hello? Huh? Yeah, DJ Plague. Huh? Ahh M-Project! Ahh... How's it going over there? Man it's the middle of the night over here. What's going on? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. I'm listening to your new album right now. Yeah, next song ALL I NEED YOUR LOVE. Yeah man, we're good. All right I'll talk to you soon. Yeeeah. Sayonara!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waffles
post Apr 6 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #2

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

We're actually pretty close here. Maybe my passing is a little better than yours. Nonetheless, I'd love some rivalry in the 6-10 range. I'd like to push my "AAA" abilities past the 'decent few 6's, almost no 7's whatsoever', and reliably AA 8-9s, and more than rarely AA 10s. I also play virtually all random (except now and again for a score/pass if the randoms give me too much crap over and over... like that yoshitaka 10 [a] on gold with the 16th chords of 3...)

Also, I own 9th-15th, but mostly play 13th-15th (though I should really keep updating happy sky too wink.gif)

I noticed you've got Normal fairly well filled out in your 4 styles, but you've barely touched Hyper on anything but DistorteD. I'm working on finishing up filling out Gold Hyper right now. I think I could end up being a pretty good rival for you, although you don't have enough non-normal scores to be all that interesting of a rival to me. You may pass me up though, in which case I'll have some chasing to do... I haven't done much besides overtake stationary targets these days so I wouldn't mind wink.gif. As soon as I'm done with GOLD i'm going back to DistorteD so you better watch your back there, the one style you've got me beat wink.gif

EDIT: *Notices emoticons* Yeah that's kind of a compulsive eye twitch ain't it =P

--------------------

+Quote Post
mast
post Apr 6 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

*sigh* I feel like a sitting duck! tongue.gif

--------------------
I am 89% Xythar! I took the "Am I Xythar?" Quiz! by schla313133

"erotic SPEEDCORE happy TERRORCORE / HARDCORE GABBA / trendy fuckwit breakcore tamborine core TYPE DAnCE MUSIC GAME CORE -and SAD CORE .SCREAMING VOX +harsh shit NOISE AND OTHER dum SHIT MUSIC." Best gig ever :)

+Quote Post
Naoki Maeda fan
post Apr 7 2009, 01:00 AM
Post #4

Evergreen

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (waffles @ Apr 7 2009, 01:07 AM) *
text

Wow, right now the DJ battle is really close EX-wise. I'll get on uploading hyper scores right away, starting with GOLD. No need to watch my back there if I assault you from the front with them. This is just the kind of motive I needed to post those bastards. And yes, the eye twitch is... well. Something alright.

And don't get your hopes too high for chasing yet, we'll see

EDIT: Not surprisingly (as you can pass 11s) you demolish me on 10s and "hard-ish" 9s, maybe we should make it 6-9* for now. Kamaitachi [H] is a prime example of this, though I'll have to try again later, it combined forces with Smile to rape my hands.

This post has been edited by Naoki Maeda fan: Apr 7 2009, 02:37 AM

--------------------
Hello? Huh? Yeah, DJ Plague. Huh? Ahh M-Project! Ahh... How's it going over there? Man it's the middle of the night over here. What's going on? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. I'm listening to your new album right now. Yeah, next song ALL I NEED YOUR LOVE. Yeah man, we're good. All right I'll talk to you soon. Yeeeah. Sayonara!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 04:25 AM