IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2nd, but wholly separate, rival request, Retro Future!
Oogami
post Nov 27 2008, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Candy Galy

While I'm home for thanksgiving I thought I'd go through some of the 5k mixes and up scores to Taren's 5K ranking site, but I'm dismayed to see that activity there has slowed to a standstill. Is there really no enthusiasm for the BMI series anymore?

If anyone else feels the same way and would like some active competition in 5 Key gaming, feel free to let me know.

--------------------

More people should contribute scores to RetroFuture :>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mast
post Nov 27 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

Wow - I'd never even realized Retrofuture existed.

Anyone now how the 'retro' 5key charts from Gold (and DD?) would interact with previous scoring methods?

--------------------
I am 89% Xythar! I took the "Am I Xythar?" Quiz! by schla313133

"erotic SPEEDCORE happy TERRORCORE / HARDCORE GABBA / trendy fuckwit breakcore tamborine core TYPE DAnCE MUSIC GAME CORE -and SAD CORE .SCREAMING VOX +harsh shit NOISE AND OTHER dum SHIT MUSIC." Best gig ever :)

+Quote Post
Oogami
post Nov 27 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Candy Galy

QUOTE(mast @ Nov 27 2008, 03:38 PM) *
Wow - I'd never even realized Retrofuture existed.

Anyone now how the 'retro' 5key charts from Gold (and DD?) would interact with previous scoring methods?

I would imagine, if implemented, they'd work like 6th+Core: where JUST GREATS and GREATS are combined and a 100K max money score is used instead of the 200K. So, a "perfect combo" would be as implied: a perfect score. Just Greats then would simply be used to determine how like scores would be ordered (a PC with 150 JG and 33 G would be listed higher than a PC with 137 JG and 46 G).

Then again, it is considerably easier to get JUST GREATS in DD and GOLD's interfaces than it is in old 5K versions (particularly 6th+Core, though 4th Mix is still not easy thanks to no hi-speed), so they may not use the above system, if implemented at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Buffalo
post Nov 27 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #4

The Shadow

On 6th mix+core, every song feels like all the fucked up songs on 3rd style.

--------------------
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

+Quote Post
Oogami
post Nov 27 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #5

Candy Galy

QUOTE(Velius @ Nov 27 2008, 09:22 PM) *
On 6th mix+core, every song feels like all the fucked up songs on 3rd style.

The sad thing is that it's still better than later Beatmania III versions.

My biggest issue with 6th+core is not that the timing is extraordinarily tight (tighter than the infamous 10th Style AC to be honest), but that the turntable registers late. I can generally adjust to this on easy songs, but throw me a 9 star and my brain just can't manage to make my fingers hit the buttons when they're supposed to but the TT early. Taren's site actually makes 6th+Core playable as it groups JG and GREATS together, and since hitting the TT when you're supposed to almost always gives you a standard GREAT it's good enough to maintain a perfect combo and therefore a perfect score. JUST GREATS just matter for tie-breaking purposes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 09:51 PM