IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gold Beginning L14 Rival, Lets start getting into 14key!
stsung
post Sep 5 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #41

Dazzlin' Darlin

waffles: I think I will go check IIDX Red after Gold and then go back to DistorteD.

I decided to get As on songs I can clear. I don't usually get Ds or Cs. but that might be because I haven't found/played a song I would be really bad at....I can fail a song on double and still get an A (I managed to get A with 70 misses today o_O). I don't seem to be able to AA anything though.... but it might be also because I haven't played the songs much yet? (highest number of replays would be still 3 for 90% of the songs).

I thought I would kill you when I saw your score on lovely [something]. it seems that you have to be far better than I am in something.... How the hell can you get AAs on doubles? (gotta figure that out somehow...). I'm not that familiar with doubles to aim for AAs. but I get As on first tries.....sleep.gif......

(am I stuck?)
----------------
EDIT: it's pretty annoying to have the lowest or almost the lowest scores on the "ranking". beeeeee. but I'm not going to force it anyway^_^

This post has been edited by stsung: Sep 5 2008, 05:46 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 6 2008, 03:07 PM
Post #42

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Short burst session, however, I did the following, of which I am VERY proud.

First, my almost accomplishment:
CONTRACT HYPER. Sweet Jesus. 56%, and I decided to give it a rest. I can fudge scales like nobody's business =D

PASSED: 9's, i got Bs on most of them:
AA
Alfarshear
Apocalypse ~dirge of swans~
Look to the Sky (cyber true color)
ay carumba!!!! <--- VJA calls this a 10, but it felt more like a 9.

thats FIVE 9*s! (or four and a 10*, which is even better!!!)

Edit: And better yet, I only tried 2 9*s that I couldnt pass today, which suggests I can beat many 9*s now! (I failed Bleeding Luv but only tried it once, and failed quell -the seventh slave- because its evil. Otherwise, 5 of 7 new songs passed!)

This post has been edited by waffles: Sep 6 2008, 03:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 6 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #43

Dazzlin' Darlin

I think I'm not much of a rival so I might just well give up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 6 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #44

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(stsung @ Sep 5 2008, 05:43 PM) *
How the hell can you get AAs on doubles? (gotta figure that out somehow...). I'm not that familiar with doubles to aim for AAs. but I get As on first tries.....sleep.gif......

I rarely get AAs on first tries, on 5*s its difficult, 4*s requires effort, 3*s or less is in the bag. In the screen where you set mods, turn on the 'Goal AA' or whatever it is, and set ghost B. Now there'll be a little number on the side of the screen, white or red, depending on whether you're above or below your goal. That way you know how you're doing, and it spurs you to constantly be on your toes.

The biggest thing is that you're not going to ever get AA's on things you can barely do. My biggest indicator of "will I AA this" is 'am i rarely getting goods'. If you have 10% goods+misses and 25% greats, thats a borderline AA. This also translates to 5% goods+misses and 35% greats, and so on. Any worse and you won't get it. Something you're struggling with more than a couple measures of, you'll never make it.

For trying to get AAs, play some easier songs. I can guarantee that if you play some 4* songs again that you've already passed, you'll get some AAs.

I tend to think of it this way: 1 grade level = 2 song levels.

6* A = 4* AA = 2* AAA = 8* B = 10* C = 12* D.

If you're Aing 7*s, you should be able to AA 5*s, and maybe even AAA 3*s, but that is dependent on one's ability to accurately hit things that are as easy as possible. At best, for example, I can get about 94% ex. No matter how easy a song is for me to play, I don't get better than that. For doubles, for you, I would guess that to probably be less than that. Which is okay, it'll come with time.

And by playing easier stuff for better grades.

It's a 2 pronged learning curve: Becoming comfortable with difficult stuff, becoming accurate when comfortable. You need both to be accurate on difficult stuff: The more difficult, and the more accuracy you want, the more time/training itll take.

(am I stuck?)

NO!!!!

EDIT: it's pretty annoying to have the lowest or almost the lowest scores on the "ranking". beeeeee. but I'm not going to force it anyway^_^

Yes, yes it is. So very annoying. I hate it. Its the major reason why many of my scores are as high as they are.

"I don't want to be last"

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 6 2008, 05:43 PM
Post #45

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Stsung)
I think I'm not much of a rival so I might just well give up.

No!!!!

Also, I'm not going to be playing as much anymore: I'll be playing more difficult stuff, but I don't have the time to play like crazy anymore. Its going to be 5 hours a week now instead of like ...heh... 15. I'll be easier to keep up with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 6 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #46

Dazzlin' Darlin

hey again well I AAed some stuff today. (some of which I have never heard of before...) anyway my problem is usually the thing that I get A clear or A fail. I played sevens yesterday but it wasn't much of a problem. I wasn't really struggling with it. even though you can say the scores are bad.

but when I tried to play a 5 for example I struggled with that to get a better score. It just felt like I can't do better. but I AAed stuff today both 5s and 4s....so well maybe I can get better after all. we will see if I continue to play doubles a bit more regularly ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Sep 15 2008, 12:11 PM
Post #47

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Kind of a MASSIVE update:

Ok, I started doubles again. On 3rd Style. That's right, I'm starting all the way the fuck over this time. Fuck GOLD CS doubles in the butthole with a spiky object. After BoL, the sh** hits the proverbial fan.

But I basically spent the entire weekend playing through all of 3rd Style right before and during Ike's wrath, then cursing Ike when I finally lost power at 3:30 AM Saturday. Actually, I turned it off and unplugged it because I knew it was getting nasty out there.

I passed a bunch of stuff, mostly the 1, 2, 3* charts I couldn't do before. Passed a whole lot of 4*s, even got a couple of 5*s. Made significant progress on A14, whoot (4 Anothers passed... and counting?).

Now starting on 4th Style. ninja.gif

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 28 2008, 07:03 AM) *
NOW PRESENTING

BEATMANIA IIDX FOURTENN GOLDS FOR THE FAMICOM HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

QUOTE (Kaze @ Dec 29 2008, 12:16 AM) *
But they've already relinquished its title of planet!

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Sep 19 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #48

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I've updated 4th Style. I didn't pass a single Another, they're all too ridiculous. Especially DXY! H14 and A14, what the hell was that. Although LED might actually be worse than TaQ when it comes to doubles.

Also Gobble is the **** on 14K. I've never played a chart that breaks my fingers in 500 different places. I suppose I could try randoming it with my cat scratching. wacko.gif

5th Style, GO! ninja.gif

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 28 2008, 07:03 AM) *
NOW PRESENTING

BEATMANIA IIDX FOURTENN GOLDS FOR THE FAMICOM HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

QUOTE (Kaze @ Dec 29 2008, 12:16 AM) *
But they've already relinquished its title of planet!

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Sep 22 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #49

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

all of taq's charts are ridiculous

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 22 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #50

Dazzlin' Darlin

I played DJT yesterday with eamuse on and played all the 6s. Got 5 Bs and the rest As on first tries. I might consider this as a doubles play training session^_^

So now back to CS when I get the chance. After I switched from DJT to IIDX Red I couldn't get an flashing great on the first three songs. happy.gif.

This post has been edited by stsung: Sep 22 2008, 03:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 22 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #51

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I envy you!!! I so wish I had a DJT somewhere I could play... my goodness. Nice job there stsung! Consistent sightread A's on 6*s... you're really getting up there.

How is Shonen A on DP? Heh, I'm going to pre-order troopers CS and play that song on every difficulty the day it arrives in the mail... =D

tralalala

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 22 2008, 01:52 PM
Post #52

Dazzlin' Darlin

shounen A is not that annoying as A or AA ^_~. well it does not have so many scales nor the beginning is so slow. it speeds up though in the second half which well isn't the best for scoring.

not sure how I can describe it but I was glad it wasn't like A and AA.

(starting to think about getting DJT CS too if it ever comes out)^_~

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 22 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #53

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

You found AA annoying? The chart was pretty great, and the Hyper 14, when you get to it (its a 9), is completely glorious except for the beginning which is sort of a "Now remember, you're not going to hard clear this for a long time."

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 22 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #54

Dazzlin' Darlin

no, I actually liked both A and AA. AA was actually nicer to play but I prefer A and I was swearing always at the beginning of the song because I could never get it right on single. but I like the chart on doubles play more^_^. it's more fun and seems easier to play. at least I cleared that on sightread and can't say about that on singles. I played that AA 9 on DP because someone told me to and I liked it too.

well, A and AA are both "piano charts". you know the kind of charts you are avoiding because it's hard to hard clear or FC. anyway it's just my feeling I'm not a person to be taken seriously^_^.

But shounen A is different. it's more like A/AA set on random. seems really like to be their younger bro^_^.
----------------
played 6s on Red and cleared most of them on light. I did not pass nemesis the first time and some other song (genocide I think). played two on hyper...next will come later. This surprised me, I thought DJT 6s were easy and that I will kill myself on earlier style 6s. but I survived most of them, but my results were worse though.

anyway leaving to UK tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post Oct 7 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #55

too busy for IIDX

QUOTE(waffles @ Sep 22 2008, 08:03 AM) *
I envy you!!! I so wish I had a DJT somewhere I could play...

*cough*piracy*cough*

Nothing to see here, move along...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 10:53 PM