IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gold Beginning L14 Rival, Lets start getting into 14key!
stsung
post Jul 26 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #21

Dazzlin' Darlin

ehm I have no idea what are you speaking about? (white numbers/green numbers?)

anyway I will play the lower difficulty songs too when I get play IIDX next time. Anyway I tried playing some 3s cause my right hand hurt and you know what? I got AAA on well....my first try on starfield^_^. I also got 1 point difference on brightness darkness and some other pretty close to AAA AAs. but hm. I should play the songs and see how it goes. I'll do that for double too. I guess there is less songs of 4 and lesser difficulty.

(actually the AAA story...a friend of mine trying to play IIDX at my place told me to try this song out and....I was like..."hey I don't know this picture...." and I got AAA^_^ so happy....)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Jul 26 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #22

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Played some lower level doubles songs to get some more scores in for you guys to work off of.

I can clear a few 11s, but my timing on 3-6s is right around where you guys are at. Make sure to look for ZerstDoubles/ZERST2 and not Zerstorung/ZERST

http://vjarmy.com/iidx/viewuser.php?user=3582&style=gold

I'm timing how long it takes Schala to notice this edit. 10/15/08 8:20 AM

No help from the audience please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Jul 26 2008, 11:54 PM
Post #23

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(stsung @ Jul 26 2008, 12:45 PM) *
ehm I have no idea what are you speaking about? (white numbers/green numbers?)

Ok, it's time for a lesson about Sudden+. I'll explain as best as I can.

Beginning with RED and later styles of IIDX, when you are about to play a song in Standard Mode, bring up the mods screen by pressing Start (I prefer to use the Arcade Style in Options). As you probably already know, the modifiers Hidden and Sudden will cover a portion of the lane area as the notes come down to the red line. Sudden covers the top half, and Hidden covers the bottom half. On older styles, these were your only options (unless you use a towel or something to act as your 'Sudden' - I do this, mainly because Sudden by itself covers up too much of the screen for me to read).

Now, where Hid+ and Sud+ come into play is that they basically replace your towel or piece of cardboard, in other words, they are customizable. You can choose just how much of the screen you want the Hid+ or Sud+ cover by holding down the Start button and using the turntable to move the Hid+ or Sud+ up down to the point that you're comfortable reading the notechart. Using Sud+ is EXTREMELY helpful for me on really slow songs - Ganymede on DistorteD CS is a real good candidate for Sudden+. On RED-GOLD CS, when you turn on the Hid+/Sud+ mod (you can do this in midsong by double tapping and holding the Start button) you will see a white number in the middle of the Hidden+/Sudden+ 'towel' - this number represents how much of the lane area you're covering up. The larger the white number, the more area you're covering up with Hid+/Sud+. On GOLD CS, Konami adds a green number right next to the white number - this number represents how many milliseconds (I think?) of reaction time you have to read and hit the notes once they reach the visible portion. For Sudden+, the larger the white number, the smaller the green number and vice versa. This green number is helpful in determining the speed you can read notes at, regardless of BPM. As I said on the last page, my green number is around 280-300 for singles. Doubles=much higher.

waffles, the reason I can't read at faster speeds for doubles is because I'm NOT going for score, I'm just trying to PASS the damn charts. When I started on singles, I went for timing first and clearing second, so I failed a lot of stuff most people at my skill level then could pass. I'm doing the opposite for doubles, even if it takes me a longer time to improve - I didn't have a piano background like you and stsung did. I can do Keyboardmania reasonably well though, it helps tremendously with IIDX doubles. I'm hoping this will help me later in the long run. cool.gif

QUOTE(Zerstorung @ Jul 26 2008, 09:07 PM) *

No offense buddy, but you're WAY outside our skill levels. Especially mine. If you can clear stuff like Vanessa [h] and AA 5* and 6*s, your skill is beyond the ken of this thread. You might want to find a different rival. Try using SuperWailingBonus.com Autorival feature (see my sig) to find a better opponent. Just saying. wink.gif

EDIT: Zerstorung, I checked SuperWailingBonus.com and found DH POOB and maybe Faker13 would be your best rivals. I also looked back at my old rival thread and I remember turning you down for a rivalry back then. You were way ahead of me on singles back then, even if your scores didn't reflect it. Of course, I've pulled ahead in that category now, just took me about a year and a half. wink.gif

This post has been edited by SnakesonaplaneplayingIIDX: Jul 27 2008, 12:06 AM

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 28 2008, 07:03 AM) *
NOW PRESENTING

BEATMANIA IIDX FOURTENN GOLDS FOR THE FAMICOM HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

QUOTE (Kaze @ Dec 29 2008, 12:16 AM) *
But they've already relinquished its title of planet!

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Jul 27 2008, 02:42 AM
Post #24

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Zerstorung @ Jul 26 2008, 09:07 PM) *
Played some lower level doubles songs to get some more scores in for you guys to work off of.

I can clear a few 11s, but my timing on 3-6s is right around where you guys are at. Make sure to look for ZerstDoubles/ZERST2 and not Zerstorung/ZERST

http://vjarmy.com/iidx/viewuser.php?user=3582&style=gold

actually zerst youre closer to my timing on doubles
lets get to work!

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
stsung
post Jul 27 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #25

Dazzlin' Darlin

thanks for the explanation I will check that out.

also, I played 1-3 songs on doubles and 1-3 level songs on single + some 4s on SP. (I entered the scores few minutes ago)

(10 AAAs^_^)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Jul 27 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #26

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(stsung @ Jul 27 2008, 05:48 AM) *
thanks for the explanation I will check that out.

also, I played 1-3 songs on doubles and 1-3 level songs on single + some 4s on SP. (I entered the scores few minutes ago)

(10 AAAs^_^)

Congrats, stsung!! See, that wasn't so bad, now was it? happy.gif

Once you start consistently FCing/PCing songs, an AAA usually isn't too far behind. I've gotten to where I can AAA 1*, 2*, and 3*s on a sightread. Speaking of which:

I'm so proud of this. Especially considering how much I wub.gif that song.

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
NOW PRESENTING

+Quote Post
stsung
post Jul 28 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #27

Dazzlin' Darlin

o_O really nice AAA I think this is not going to happen to me anytime soon^_^. well, I have to admit that playing the songs was actually fun, but now my friend has to watch my AAs and AAAs instead of his Ds, Cs, Bs^_^.

(I think that getting consistent results on IIDX will come to me. I was able to see the difference between just greats and greats sometimes...still my timing now is more of "intuitive" it's not stable at all for the time being.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Jul 28 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #28

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I apologize for the lack of updates, everyone, but I've been busy w/work and I've been holding off on playing doubles until I get my KASC in. Then I'll start on GOLD and work my way down to 10th Style. The older styles are proving to be tougher for me because of the lack of half Hi-speeds (0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5). Except 3rd and 5th, since those had some of the easiest doubles charts. I'm just trying to get more consistent timing-wise.

COME ON FEDEX, I'M DYING HERE!!! wacko.gif

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
NOW PRESENTING

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Jul 29 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #29

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

use the towel on lower styles

--------------------
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
waffles
post Jul 30 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #30

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I haven't done much by way of updates in the last few days... I suppose I update this thing ridiculously much normally...

7*s I've passed that I'm happy about: Ganymede, Sync,

And I've passed some stuff that maybe I shouldn't be able to...

8* Sakura [L14]. Surprisingly not bad. Certainly rated as high as it is because its a 'zomg fast' song. Took a couple tries not to botch here or there.
9* Fascination MaxX [L14]. Only a little harder than Sakura. There are 7*s harder than this. Rated high due to ugly speed change garbage. Is it a 9* to AAA? Maybe. Not to pass. But now I can list a passed 9*!

And what I do better on than I might expect:
10* Scorpion Fire [H14]. Pass me! Stop failing me! Grar! I suppose I am still getting about 200 misses, but its a beautiful chart. Did anyone else notice that training mode in gold is has 12 slow increments? Speed goes from Normal to -12. Its great. Because 5 increments is just not enough sometimes =D. The quest to clear a 10* has begun.

Edit: New favorite IIDX song: Laser Cruster. The name is so wierd, but its a glorious song.

This post has been edited by waffles: Aug 1 2008, 09:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Aug 16 2008, 05:59 PM
Post #31

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Oh the joys of DD! Contract is amazing! Love for Ganymede too...

I'm up to about 38 7* songs... I've got maybe 10 on both Gold and DD I can't pass... which makes about 2/3rds of the 7* songs, but the 8*s all beat me pretty bad.

If there are any marauding good doubles players watching this thread, how do you recommend continuing from this point?

I'm thinking the following: Continue with HS too. Do my best to pass every 7* DP song on HS/DD/Gold (including some retries, say, one more lap through Gold and DD). Then go for some AA/FCs on 1-4*s. Then go play the 5*s with Hard, then try the 8*s again. If I still can't take 'em, play the 6*s with Hard. Try the 8*s again - if fail, try the 7*s with Hard.

Sound reasonable?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post Aug 17 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #32

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

get more styles and play them, too

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Aug 19 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #33

Dazzlin' Darlin

I haven't played for a while now and yesterday (or before yesterday?) I played once again and you know what? I cleared some 7 level songs on DP and some 9s on SP^_^. hehe....

(haven't played gold though...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Aug 19 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #34

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(stsung @ Aug 19 2008, 10:51 AM) *
I haven't played for a while now and yesterday (or before yesterday?) I played once again and you know what? I cleared some 7 level songs on DP and some 9s on SP^_^. hehe....

(haven't played gold though...)

Glad to hear you're playing some more doubles... if I had a RE like that I would have a hard time letting it go more than a day without playing =D. Thats awesome about the SP 9's, I noticed your 8* count is starting to really get up there.

What styles are you playing doubles on? I decided to start filling out 12-14th, and I've got RED too (for some reason I'm just not all too excited with it though). If you want to pick one I'm game (I just discovered my love of DD's soundtrack).

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Aug 19 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #35

Dazzlin' Darlin

I had to stop playing IIDX for quite some time because I hurt my hand a bit. I overdone IIDX^_^. and believe me it was a torture not to play....so I started 2 days ago to play once again but it seems that the same fate awaits me. I just can't stop playing when I start....so what the hell should I do?

Anyway I played DistorteD today and well I can also go fill some happy sky scores as well. happy.gif.

ok...ehm so much text for telling you that I can't play everyday otherwise my joints will hurt as hell...

EDIT: I filled some happy sky DP scores.....uh I have to say that switching from DistorteD to HS is a pain....

This post has been edited by stsung: Aug 19 2008, 04:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snakesonaplanepl...
post Aug 30 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #36

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(stsung @ Aug 19 2008, 02:22 PM) *
I had to stop playing IIDX for quite some time because I hurt my hand a bit. I overdone IIDX^_^. and believe me it was a torture not to play....so I started 2 days ago to play once again but it seems that the same fate awaits me. I just can't stop playing when I start....so what the hell should I do?

EDIT: I filled some happy sky DP scores.....uh I have to say that switching from DistorteD to HS is a pain....

I can relate, stsung. I've hurt my left hand really badly trying to get used to playing on my KASC. And I have trouble with Happy Sky's timing, too. I've found that I usually have to hit a little bit late as opposed to DistorteD and GOLD, both of which I consider dead on. However, if I adjust timing in Options on HS to +1, my scores get worse. So I just get used to it eventually.

I'm giving up on GOLD doubles for a while, and going back to earlier styles, while still updating my outdated singles scores from RED-GOLD. I just cannot progress at all on GOLD, every 5* I've tried kicks my butt. I've never had this problem with DistorteD or other styles. Maybe I'm just not used to the patterns in GOLD just yet. Lately, I've been progressing faster on singles, I cleared a bunch of 7*s recently that have been a pain for me, namely Empathy 7K, Entrance 7K, and Theme Of Denjin J A7. So my current goal of clearing all 7*s on every style looks doable maybe.

EDIT: I got B4U 7K!! That's a big one, I never thought I'd get it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by SnakesonaplaneplayingIIDX: Aug 30 2008, 01:06 AM

--------------------

SuperWailingBonus
NOW PRESENTING

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 1 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #37

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Well, I guess just an update on how this is going...

C'mon guys, stop injuring yourselves =P when it starts to hurt that means its time to do something else! (May I recommend PIU? =D)

Click, rock on with the 'passing all SP 7*s'. I'm curious if you mean "everything called a 7* while it was around" or the more reasonable goal of "everything thats a 7* according to HS ratings". The first is... ouch... the second I would still call quite admirable =D

Stsung, keep up the good work... Always good to fill in more styles =D, and I see you snagging a DP win from me now and again... I hope I'm not discouraging you that whenever you beat my score I make it my goal to take it back... if its too abnoxious I can cut it out =) Just let me know.

Anyhoo, my current DP goal: Pass all 7*s on HS-Gold, and A them.

Current Progress: (completed/total)
Style . . L14 . . . 14 . . . A14
GOLD . 11/11 . 11/18 . 1/2 . . . Some of these i've tried, others I haven't yet. Its going OK, there are a few tough ones.
DD . .. 14/17 . 18/19 .. 1/1 . . . 3 I haven't unlocked yet, and the other is Stoic. I think I speak for everyone everywhere when I curse stoic.
HS . . . . 7/8 . . 0/16 . . 0/1 . . . [n] just Holic is left, Haven't touched [h] or [a] yet.

Passed : 63/93 ... I don't know how much trouble I'll have with this. So far Holic and Stoic are the only really really bad ones, and they're not THAT far off. (I have 50%ed, but usually do worse)
Aed: 39/93 ... This is definitely not out of reach. By the time I play all the songs a few times, and get back to the ones I have trouble with, this is in the bag. My secret: set ghost goal of AA =D

I think its safe to say that TaQ hates doubles players... at least the weak ones... =P

Also, to get my stupid 'last place' count below 50 and keep it there. Its just humiliating. Actually, I'd like it at 0. But that'll be hard w/ Gold, and my tendency to go 'yaaay lets enter in D-E's on 11-12*s'. I'll settle comfortably for 25. And I want my "waffles' overly complicated calculated timing rating" to be 30 for DP. Thats double what I have, but could be achieved by improving 1/3 of my scores by one grade.

This post has been edited by waffles: Sep 1 2008, 12:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 1 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #38

Dazzlin' Darlin

waffles, I choose you as a rival so at least I know what songs I could play, you know. I might not be at your level but at least it will force me to play some songs more than once^_^ or even try some songs which I wouldn't choose myself.

I found out that on some songs replay have meant a 250 points difference between my first try and the second one. that was like "WTF?" but true there are songs I think I don't even want to try to replay and beat your score. Anyway it's sure you will come, replay the song and have it back. but maybe I will play the song and take it back for just a little while? (still I have hardly played any harder doubles lately - but even without playing them I managed to get better, I feel it)

crap do I really want to play songs with 100 points and more difference? we will see....

anyway my current goal is to: keep at least score-wise with DJ W0FL (for the time being) and by doing that progressing to the sevens, which are 7s in gold.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Sep 5 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #39

Dazzlin' Darlin

as it seems that everyone is playing sevens (and above) right now, so I tried to fill in my first tries ons sevens too. (so we can make the difference in scores bigger^_^).

I might replay some 6s in the near future or the sevens I played (but we will see, it will depend on my mood).

EDIT: I forgot to say that I played Gold....

This post has been edited by stsung: Sep 5 2008, 02:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
waffles
post Sep 5 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #40

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

=P I've been just working on filling out scores on the mixes I have, bumping some here and there but mostly pushing for higher passes... I've reached the point where I've decided "AA 90% of 4* and 5*, A 90% of 6* and 7*, start passing 8*s".

I'm pushing for grades that I think are decent for me. I want to be able to C anything that doesn't annihilate me, D everything that does, B anything I don't scrape 2%, A anything I can pass, and AA everything I'm comfortable with. Maybe shoot for an AAA here and there.

Stsung, if you want to do some more 6*s, I can fill them in on HS and DD. I also have red but haven't really cracked it open...

CLICK, when're you going to start playing doubles again?

FAKR, I'm starting to catch up, dude. You're still devastating me, but you're only up 13% EX overall now, and our win/loss ratio is now 12:1 in your favor... pretty hilarious, but not the 1:0 it used to be. If you want to snag those back you'll probably be able, but I should be a decent rival for you pretty soon here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 09:51 PM