IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rival Wanted... err.. Needed. Sorta., Could use a good push for improving timing
ShaoranIIDX
post Nov 20 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #41

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Lilina @ Nov 14 2007, 12:44 AM) *
Just started playing Doubles this weekend. Managed to do 3 stars in one day. Hopefully, will be able to get to 7s and 8s within a few months. Wow... it's hard.

I miss playing doubles... Hopefully, in about a month or so I'll see if I can get a JP KOC. Hehe... this'll be interesting: playing doubles with a JP KOC and a US KOC. tongue.gif

edit: Finally cleared my first 12* -> in the Sky [A] laugh.gif
Though it does feel more like an 11 since I can name some other 11s songs that are much harder than that (Usual Day -remix-[A], BLOCKS[A], waxing and wanding[A]...)

This post has been edited by ShaoranIIDX: Nov 20 2007, 11:19 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Nov 20 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #42

Trollslayer +1

Just a Little Smile Update: I got my PS2 back and I'm trying to get back at the level I was before. I think my timing got a little bit better, but I'm having trouble clearing some of the 12's I could before. I still, however, cannot get close to your score on Tashikanamono hyper, Lilina. I can't even AAA it... lol Maybe I just need to get used to DD timing again.

--------------------
QUOTE(Oni+ @ Nov 4 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Yeah, positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>> negative vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deepbluevibes

+Quote Post
Lilina
post Nov 21 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #43

Evergreen

@Shaoran: Congratulations on clearing your first 12*! Try tripping contact [a] or moon_child [a] next.

@Polaris: I would say that you just need to get used to DD timing, and try going on a sugar rush (they work... sometimes). Don't really know what was going on in my system when I pulled that score off.

Update: Just cleared 10th dan on 9th style CS. Almost cleared 10th dan on DD (AA [a] made me see stars).

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Nov 28 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #44

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Lilina @ Nov 21 2007, 06:31 AM) *
Almost cleared 10th dan on DD (AA [a] made me see stars).
Really? I got DD's 10dan on my second try, SSS was the only one of the four to give me trouble. Of course, that attempt I did unusually well on EMP, and was able to mash my way through the opening of AA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jan 5 2008, 03:49 AM
Post #45

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Believe it or not, this thread showed up as having new posts for me. laugh.gif That makes it not a bump.

I'm back and thanks for wishing me happy birthday. You're all ahead of me by at least 100 songs, but no one's ahead by so much that I can't catch up. I'm expecting DJ Troopers soonish and I want to get ready for that. I'm almost done with DD and I'm going to go back to HS and Red after that.

I've still got the same 7 twelves cleared: A, Colors, gigadelic [H], Innocent Walls [H], Sakura, ErAseRmoToR pHAntOM, and Go Beyond. But it's not from a lack of trying. Try those instead of moon_child.

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jan 5 2008, 06:48 AM
Post #46

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ Jan 5 2008, 12:49 AM) *
I've still got the same 7 twelves cleared: A, Colors, gigadelic [H], Innocent Walls [H], Sakura, ErAseRmoToR pHAntOM, and Go Beyond. But it's not from a lack of trying. Try those instead of moon_child.

Agreed. I've probably cleared (or could clear) half the 12s and I still can't get moon_child on random or non-random. What is the deal with that? Honestly.

--------------------
Yeah, positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>> negative vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deepbluevibes

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Jan 5 2008, 08:36 AM
Post #47

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Polaris, your red scores are going down today >:3

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Jan 5 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #48

Dazzlin' Darlin

I'm expecting DJ Troopers soonish and I want to get ready for that.

I hate you! j/k happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jan 5 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #49

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE(Zerstorung @ Jan 5 2008, 05:36 AM) *
Polaris, your red scores are going down today >:3

You mean beating my RED scores by a combined 1500 ex points isn't enough? :<

I really need to raise my Twelfth Style score, you're beating me by 300 ex on that song alone lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Jan 6 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #50

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(PolarisIIDX @ Jan 5 2008, 02:12 PM) *
You mean beating my RED scores by a combined 1500 ex points isn't enough? :<

I really need to raise my Twelfth Style score, you're beating me by 300 ex on that song alone lol

I had already done the damage by the time you saw it happy.gif;;

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Jan 7 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #51

Dazzlin' Darlin

A: not that hard, 2nd 12s clear
Colors (radio edit): 60% ish on normal, died 2 measures before "death roll" on hard.
gigadelic [H]: OMG, I actually nailed the scratches near the end and survived with 20% left on hard, 3rd 12s clear
Innocent Walls [H]: I don't like 10th style anymore sad.gif
桜 (sakura): died somewhere at the 320bpm part on hard.
ErAseRmoToR pHAntOM: hard to time/read after speed up, will probably never normal clear.
Go Beyond!: will never clear.
moon_child: died at measure 65 at least 20 times on hard.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jan 7 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #52

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE(Zerstorung @ Jan 5 2008, 10:23 PM) *
I had already done the damage by the time you saw it happy.gif;;

Well I almost evened out the scores for RED that you were +100 or more ahead of me, some I still couldn't get. I'm also really close to AAAing murmur twins [H], but it's just not happening tonight. :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jan 8 2008, 04:20 AM
Post #53

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Go Beyond: After about 50 tries you'll get lucky on the ending once. Make sure you're pressing the 1 key fast enough. From 2% you'll need about a 50 combo before your life gauge begins to recover. (Doesn't the rate in which you gain life in IIDX seem to depend on the amount of life you already have? And/or also on your combo?)

gigadelic [H]: Don't use hard. Wait, you cleared it? o_0

ErAseRmoToR pHAntOM: I use 1.5x for the whole song but with tons of towel for the beginning. I usually nail the scratch section. After that I remember the song being mostly on the white keys. My normal home position is to have my {left ring, left tumb, right thumb, right ring} on the white keys before I start moving my hands. But Ep is special in that it 'sacrifices' the black keys for the white ones. So since I'm basically just drumming on the white keys during the ending I move my fingers 'down' to {left middle, left index, right index, right middle}. I can still pinky scratch like that. Although I miss alot of blues, Ep doesn't have a lot of blues, so it kind of works out. (The really good players must have ring fingers as fast as my index fingers. God damn!)

Sakura: I cleared this a month after Ep, and only once. Try lots of caffeine.

Yesterday I entered serious scores for every DD singles play chart. No more blanks, nothing temporary marked as "will improve later". But my DJ battles don't add up to 95 songs. I'm cool with trying to beat just anyone's best scores, but the other half of the deal is that I want to know if my scores are 'high enough' on the other songs. LILINA should enter a score for Waxing and Wanding, for starters.

vs ZERST
[A] 28-66

vs LILINA
[A] 9-37
[H] 23-30

vs RINGO
[A] 16-47
[H] 15-22

--------------------

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jan 8 2008, 05:22 AM
Post #54

Trollslayer +1

Catastrophe, why is your score on Mei [A] still zero? lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Jan 8 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #55

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ Jan 8 2008, 03:20 AM) *
ErAseRmoToR pHAntOM: I use 1.5x for the whole song but with tons of towel for the beginning.

Personally I just use sud+200 and go from HS3.5 to HS0.5 during the pause (or maybe 1.0, I don't remember offhand)

Yesterday I entered serious scores for every DD singles play chart. No more blanks, nothing temporary marked as "will improve later". But my DJ battles don't add up to 95 songs. I'm cool with trying to beat just anyone's best scores, but the other half of the deal is that I want to know if my scores are 'high enough' on the other songs. LILINA should enter a score for Waxing and Wanding, for starters.

vs ZERST
[A] 28-66

I have everything entered, apparently Outer Limits [a] is glitched and doesn't show up in battles. I don't play normal on red/hs, and I don't play normal or hyper on DD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jan 9 2008, 05:47 AM
Post #56

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Ugh. Nevermind. I played just AA, Alfarshear, Apocalypse, and Back Into the Light about 5 times each and I couldn't do a damn thing. Then I went and failed 9-dan. I'm knocking myself back to 8-dan and going back to practice my 6s and 7s. (EDIT: Nevermind, the profile page is broken and keeps logging me out and not saving.)

I'm not saying play more hyper and normal, I was telling the other two to play the other anothers. But I don't think it'll matter. I was kind of hoping that 37-9 would turn into 60-35, but I'm pretty sure it would just turn into 86-9 instead. I knew I was screwed when I went to check someone's mods for AA and I saw a clear mark. dry.gif

With Mei I'm trying to get either a C or a non-italics zero score. (I also want a non-bold 200k score, as if I could.) I can't believe that I can sit there for two minutes, wail away with "autofail off", and get a 44% score. How is that even possible in a rhythm game where I'm actually trying. My best right now is actually a low D even with Jimbo's method.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Jan 9 2008, 09:35 AM
Post #57

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ Jan 9 2008, 04:47 AM) *
Ugh. Nevermind. I played just AA, Alfarshear, Apocalypse, and Back Into the Light about 5 times each and I couldn't do a damn thing. Then I went and failed 9-dan. I'm knocking myself back to 8-dan and going back to practice my 6s and 7s. (EDIT: Nevermind, the profile page is broken and keeps logging me out and not saving.)

DD's 9dan? I wouldn't worry too much, I can clear 10dan somewhat consistently and I sometimes fail that shit because of waxing.

With Mei I'm trying to get either a C or a non-italics zero score. (I also want a non-bold 200k score, as if I could.) I can't believe that I can sit there for two minutes, wail away with "autofail off", and get a 44% score. How is that even possible in a rhythm game where I'm actually trying. My best right now is actually a low D even with Jimbo's method.

Same here. My C is like so low it should be a D.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Jan 9 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #58

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ Jan 9 2008, 02:47 AM) *
I knew I was screwed when I went to check someone's mods for AA and I saw a clear mark. dry.gif

That... wasn't me... ohmy.gif

Anyways, by then end of today I should have all my [A] scores entered for DD (even if they are crappy hard failed scores).

edit: all done! happy.gif

This post has been edited by ShaoranIIDX: Jan 9 2008, 06:17 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Jan 11 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #59

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

71 to 23. Good job!

The only two scores of your that I did beat, Alfarshear and Castlevania, you took right back. And even if I ignore Mei the ex difference is ridiculous. You're obviously better at songs with more notes, but I think you're just plain better at the other stuff too. You probably could make it 85-9 if you wanted to.

I also got 4 anothers from ZERST and 7 from RINGO but they took me at least 15 minutes each. :\ I haven't checked them in yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jan 11 2008, 10:42 AM
Post #60

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ Jan 11 2008, 05:34 AM) *
71 to 23. Good job!

The only two scores of your that I did beat, Alfarshear and Castlevania, you took right back. And even if I ignore Mei the ex difference is ridiculous. You're obviously better at songs with more notes, but I think you're just plain better at the other stuff too. You probably could make it 85-9 if you wanted to.

I also got 4 anothers from ZERST and 7 from RINGO but they took me at least 15 minutes each. :\ I haven't checked them in yet.

Which ones did you take from me? :<

I have to keep track because some of my older scores are in dire need of being raised.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:51 PM