IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rival Wanted... err.. Needed. Sorta., Could use a good push for improving timing
Lilina
post Oct 19 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #21

Evergreen

As noted, I only have access to 9th style onwards. I'm just about to clear 10th dan in 9th style (just have to get through that evil, evil last part on V, and moon-child is fairly doable). Still have a lot of 12s to do, as well as a few 11s, but I guess I can HC most 10s (except... AA [h], most likely).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Oct 19 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #22

Dazzlin' Darlin

Wow blink.gif

Currently, I cleared a few 11s and ZERO 12s (hardest song I beat so far was either Andromeda[A] or Love is Dreaminess[A] Fake Time[Hyper]). I'm actually focusing more of my effort in timing instead of worrying about clear status ATM.

edit: laugh.gif
KAGAMI vs. RINGO
dj KAGAMI Victories: 60
dj RINGO Victories: 60
DRAW!

By Difficulty Breakdown
Light 7 - Draw, 0 wins each.
7-Key - RINGO wins, 24 to 21
Another - KAGAMI wins, 39 to 36

Ex Score Comparison
dj KAGAMI Total: 178528
dj RINGO Total: 178875
dj RINGO WINS!
Difference = 347

This post has been edited by ShaoranIIDX: Oct 19 2007, 07:36 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post Oct 22 2007, 02:31 AM
Post #23

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

Whoa! Now that's a tie!

I just 'quit' trying to clear harder songs after after a decent streak of pushing myself to clear new songs. That's pretty much where I ended up and now I'm focusing on my timing more. That's why I'm here. smile.gif I'll never clear 10-dan like PolarisIIDX, at least not soon, but oh well. I was just wondering if I was up against a kaiden player or the opposite, like maybe an 8-dan player with really good timing or something. But there's not too much of a gap in what we can clear either.

I put a few more scores in today. I played Attack the Music 7A until I beat TeamRagnarok's AAA, which took an hour, and then I tried to get the last 30-odd points I need for a B on Go Beyond, which I never got. I just looked at my scores and some of them are old. I guess I don't have an entry for every 10-12 on DD. AA hyper should maybe be a slightly higher hard-A. Sakura 7H should be -6 from a AA. The Dirty of Loudness 7H is still fucking -1 from an A, a feat which I've done twice, and the pursuit of that stupid grade sucks up even more of my time that I should be spending on more and better songs.

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Lilina
post Oct 24 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #24

Evergreen

Finally got to borrow the controller, just arrived from friend's house. I'm currently boosting my happy sky scores, starting with some of the easier scores (esp. Recollection 7H, my current best-- already at 192k... trying to boost it), mostly focusing on 7s-10s in H, while boosting 10-11 Hs and As.

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Oct 25 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #25

Trollslayer +1

Just an update, I'm lending out my system for the time being (probably the next few weeks). I'll try to add some of my 7-10* scores when I start playing again.

And one other thing, ShaoranIIDX, I did a dj battle against you and the DJ name came up as KAIRI. Needless to say, I was expecting a close battle and noticed I was losing by 13,000+ EX points. I just figured you were posting that for someone else, but I definitely did a double-take when I first saw that.

--------------------
QUOTE(Oni+ @ Nov 4 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Yeah, positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>> negative vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deepbluevibes

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Oct 25 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #26

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(PolarisIIDX @ Oct 24 2007, 11:43 PM) *
And one other thing, ShaoranIIDX, I did a dj battle against you and the DJ name came up as KAIRI. Needless to say, I was expecting a close battle and noticed I was losing by 13,000+ EX points. I just figured you were posting that for someone else, but I definitely did a double-take when I first saw that.

I see you found my 1P account (dj KAIRI, my stronger and, for a long time, my prefered side). KAGAMI is also mine but used only for 2P side scores. I'm working more on 2P this time because... well... I got bored of 1P. tongue.gif

edit: Just for fun
KAGAMI
vs KAIRI
dj KAGAMI Victories: 104
dj KAIRI Victories: 204
dj KAIRI WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
Normal - KAGAMI wins, 1 to 0
Hyper - KAIRI wins, 95 to 53
Another - KAIRI wins, 109 to 50

Ex Score Comparison
dj KAGAMI Total: 421463
dj KAIRI Total: 437514
dj KAIRI WINS!
Difference = 16051

Looks like it'll be a while before I can beat my [old] self. *sigh*

This post has been edited by ShaoranIIDX: Oct 25 2007, 12:44 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Oct 25 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #27

Trollslayer +1

I would have never guessed that was your 1P account. I've tried playing 2P but I just end up doing horribly. I just can't comfortably manage the keys, which is really strange because I started out playing on Beatmania. Have you noticed playing 2P has helped your 1P ability too? I always thought if I practiced more 2P it would force my left hand to do more, since it's kind of my weak point right now.

--------------------
Yeah, positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>> negative vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deepbluevibes

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Oct 25 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #28

Dazzlin' Darlin

Honestly, I don't think 2P is helping me get better at 1P anymore. My left hand probably reached it's limit already. If anything, I think it actually lowered my overall reading speed. Before I was able to play Colors[a] with HS4.0 and a little towel comfortably. Now I consider HS2.5 and a little more towel comfortable for that song. mad.gif

So yeah, like I said, I got bored of 1P so I switched back to 2P (I have played beatmania a LONG time ago too happy.gif). It was very awkward for me playing right-side scratch, but for some reason I like that feeling. Maybe it's because it reminds me of the old-school beatmania days (or maybe because I want to play like 1048, lolz). Whatever the reason, I'll probably stick with 2P more from now on.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lilina
post Oct 26 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #29

Evergreen

Just updated some DD and HS scores, and managed to pull-off 12*s back-to-back (the practice really paid off): Erasermotorphantom, and tripping contact. Sucks that the current Eraserphantom score is lower than my non-clear one (right before clearing it, A'ed it and failed with 76% left).

Also went completely nuts on taishikanomono after a complete sugar-rush, and managed to push the score into Rank 15 in the taishi [7h] scores. Doubt I'll be able to boost that for quite a while.

This post has been edited by Lilina: Oct 26 2007, 09:53 AM

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Oct 27 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #30

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE(Lilina @ Oct 26 2007, 07:50 AM) *
Just updated some DD and HS scores, and managed to pull-off 12*s back-to-back (the practice really paid off): Erasermotorphantom, and tripping contact. Sucks that the current Eraserphantom score is lower than my non-clear one (right before clearing it, A'ed it and failed with 76% left).

You got tripping contact???? Nice job! I've been trying to hard clear it but not really all that close... I tried to normal clear it a few times and, yeah... lol :<

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lilina
post Oct 28 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #31

Evergreen

QUOTE(PolarisIIDX @ Oct 28 2007, 09:24 AM) *
You got tripping contact???? Nice job! I've been trying to hard clear it but not really all that close... I tried to normal clear it a few times and, yeah... lol :<

Thanks. The timing in one part threw me off (somewhere in the middle) though. I found that the ending is the only really difficult part in the song, as one screw-up there can waste your score in one go (the tail end). Trying to raise my score in that song now...

On a side note (as of date edited), happy birthday, Catastrophe!

This post has been edited by Lilina: Oct 29 2007, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Oct 30 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #32

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Lilina @ Oct 26 2007, 06:50 AM) *
Just updated some DD and HS scores, and managed to pull-off 12*s back-to-back (the practice really paid off): eRAseRmOToRpHAntOM, and tripping contact. Sucks that the current Eraserphantom score is lower than my non-clear one (right before clearing it, A'ed it and failed with 76% left).

すごい! happy.gif
eRAseRmOToRpHAntOM[a] to me is like unreadable once it hits 270bpm (though I can hit the scratches just fine for some reason).

QUOTE(Lilina @ Oct 26 2007, 06:50 AM) *
Also went completely nuts on taishikanomono after a complete sugar-rush, and managed to push the score into Rank 15 in the taishi [7h] scores. Doubt I'll be able to boost that for quite a while.

タシカナモノ[H]
My caffeine-rush failed... Your score is too high. lol

Anyways, I'll see if I can clear at least ONE 12s this week (maybe either Colors[a] or V[a]). I'll be lmfao if I get a AA on a 12 but no clear. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Oct 30 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #33

Trollslayer +1

Happy birthday, Catastrophe!

And I think in the Sky [a] and Fake Time [a] are possible to AA without clearing. I could probably achieve that if my timing was just a little bit better on those songs. I still don't have my console but when I do I'll be updating some scores, hopefully I've gotten better and not worse. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OPB
post Oct 30 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #34

Dazzlin' Darlin

Song Battle Comparison
dj OPB Victories: 176
dj KAIRI Victories: 124
dj OPB WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
Light 7 - OPB wins, 2 to 1
7-Key - OPB wins, 61 to 42
Another - OPB wins, 113 to 81

Ex Score Comparison
dj OPB Total: 437555
dj KAIRI Total: 444527
dj KAIRI WINS!
Difference = 6972

Go back to playing 1P side. I'm in desperate need of a good rival sad.gif

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Oct 31 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #35

Dazzlin' Darlin

How about NO, dammit! happy.gif
2P side is waaay more fun than 1P, so I'm not switching back anytime soon (if at all).

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
OPB
post Oct 31 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #36

Dazzlin' Darlin

I don't see how one would find playing the opposite side more fun than the other (I've tried many times, especially on arcade). But uh, get better on 2P side tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ShaoranIIDX
post Nov 2 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #37

Dazzlin' Darlin

Lilina: I'm now 21 points away from your tashikanamono[H] score. I don't think I have ever worked this hard on a song before (especially not for EX points)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lilina
post Nov 4 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #38

Evergreen

QUOTE(ShaoranIIDX @ Nov 2 2007, 11:29 PM) *
Lilina: I'm now 21 points away from your tashikanamono[H] score. I don't think I have ever worked this hard on a song before (especially not for EX points)

Nice. Just been adding some new DD scores, while updating some old ones. Finally managed to AAA my first 10* song! (Waxing and wanding [h])

+Quote Post
Zerst
post Nov 13 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #39

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Looks like I'm somewhere in the ballpark of all you guys too, anyone mind if I join in on this as well?

HS was fully updated yesterday.

dj ZERST Victories: 129
dj LILINA Victories: 106
dj ZERST WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
7-Key - ZERST wins, 63 to 55
Another - ZERST wins, 66 to 51

Ex Score Comparison
dj ZERST Total: 350573
dj LILINA Total: 346190
dj ZERST WINS!
Difference = 4383

dj ZERST Victories: 95
dj KAGAMI Victories: 174
dj KAGAMI WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
7-Key - KAGAMI wins, 75 to 35
Another - KAGAMI wins, 99 to 60

Ex Score Comparison
dj ZERST Total: 381058
dj KAGAMI Total: 387444
dj KAGAMI WINS!
Difference = 6386

dj ZERST Victories: 99
dj RINGO Victories: 96
dj ZERST WINS!

By Difficulty Breakdown
7-Key - RINGO wins, 35 to 15
Another - ZERST wins, 84 to 61

Ex Score Comparison
dj ZERST Total: 299360
dj RINGO Total: 299099
dj ZERST WINS!
Difference = 261

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lilina
post Nov 14 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #40

Evergreen

Hello, Zerst. Wow.. scores a pretty good as well... for some reason, I never do well in Ballad the Feathers (laughs).

Just started playing Doubles this weekend. Managed to do 3 stars in one day. Hopefully, will be able to get to 7s and 8s within a few months. Wow... it's hard.

And oh wow... we're finally getting a IIDX GOLD machine in a few weeks. Practicing in time for that...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 10:51 PM