uhhhhhhhh ohmy.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Sep 20 2005, 08:37 PM
Post #43

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

See my scores I'm putting in to attempt to beat this guy? Well see you again when I get ASCs and they're all way higher! I hate not being able to hear what I'm hitting, ASC-etc., blah blah sticky keys needs left hand to become stronger blah. Hands need a break now. I can never fully focus on beating scores because I get too mixed up playing Max300 and V five hundred times, or something else not so much.

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
7o2vgta
post Sep 20 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #44

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Oddity @ Sep 20 2005, 09:37 PM) *
I can never fully focus on beating scores because I get too mixed up playing Max300 and V five hundred times, or something else not so much.

LoL, I do that SAME shit. Can't really stick to focusing either, because I get side tracked and start playing other songs that *I* want to play. Then I'm like, "Oh well, I'll finish up next time." and then never do, because I'll end up playing some other style/game. BTW NICE SCORES >:O !!!! JIMBO TOO >:O !!!! hahah :B

Will update 8th later tonight..... q:)

+Quote Post
Jimbo22291
post Sep 20 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #45

Tranoid

3 pts away from beating your 5PM Eternal L7 score >;X

--------------------

+Quote Post
Madek
post Sep 21 2005, 12:09 AM
Post #46

Truly A Fantastic

STOP IT WITH THE L7 SHIT

FUCK

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Azure
post Sep 21 2005, 02:13 AM
Post #47

*Retired*

QUOTE(ryan2dx @ Sep 20 2005, 11:09 PM) *
STOP IT WITH THE L7 SHIT

FUCK

Maybe he'll finally listen now that it's coming from you (He supposedly idolizes you or something).

Seriously, Jimbo, people of your caliber tend to focus more on 7K/A accomplishments (Yeah, you can beat a lot of people on L7 because there's nothing so complex that you can't FC it, but what's the accomplishment in that? It's like hiding behind your mind-boggling timing; if you ever plan to be like Ryan, you need to play harder songs and work up your dexterity).

--------------------
"A little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring; There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope

user posted image

+Quote Post
godai
post Sep 21 2005, 02:54 AM
Post #48

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

god, who the fuck cares if jimbo likes to raise his L7 scores.

VGTA has like straight 96%+ on L7 songs, obviously he cared enough to try them after he got good enough to get such scores, why don't we bash him?

oh and VGTA/Oddity> ditto, when I try to update scores, I just end up playing some song i just feel like playing, hahaha

--------------------
IPB Image
(Oogami @ Nov 6 2005, 07:56 PM) [snapback]40862[/snapback]

It's amusing to know that the first samurai in Japan was nothing but a big chicken.

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 21 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #49

I♥prat fall

L7 owns, because the only Really Love chart that's fun is the L7. stupid fricken iidx. but L7 is dumb because of Get on Beat wild style on 4th. =(

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
BBH
post Sep 21 2005, 05:52 AM
Post #50

Beginning of Life (THE GROUND PULSE MIX)

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(godai @ Sep 21 2005, 02:54 AM) *
god, who the fuck cares if jimbo likes to raise his L7 scores.

agreed. aren't we free to play the game however we want? If he enjoys playing L7 songs over and over, then more power to him.

nobody's "supposed" to always be playing hard songs, especially if they don't enjoy them.

--------------------
BBH's Waste of Bandwidth - shitty reviews of obscure arcade games

+Quote Post
Deets
post Sep 21 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #51

all jew (about damaging it)

You guys forget that the only true way to play is... fuck, why even bother?

:DDD

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 21 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #52

I♥prat fall

NONONO TELL US DEETS!! =D
my mornings need more humor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Madek
post Sep 21 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #53

Truly A Fantastic

Sure, I shouldn't care what songs he is playing. But when it's a thread like this and it's a "challenge" and he posts his scores like he is OWNING UP the competition. L7 doesn't show much skill, it shows that you have more tolerance for playing boring shit.

"VGTA has like straight 96%+ on L7 songs, obviously he cared enough to try them after he got good enough to get such scores, why don't we bash him?"

That's not very hard when all you pretty much have to do on L7 is stay on beat through the whole song. When someone posts links to the scores that they are winning on, saying comments like "3 pts away from beating your 5PM Eternal L7 score >;X" It gets annoying. I'm sure Eric doesn't sit and play 5PM Eternal L7 for 2 hours trying to get the best score possible, but when someone else has the patience to sit down and play the same song over and over, then brag about beating ______, it's annoying.

Play some EX courses, see how consistent you are with your playing. EX courses are my favorite way of seeing how good someone is at this game. Practice your 7 key/Another game. When playing to game to try to impress your friends, I'm sure you dont walk up at the arcade, put in some tokens, select your HS4/Random/Hard, then go straight to Nothing ain't stoppin us L7. There are better ways for you to progress in this game than to play L7 songs over and over because you got X amount of points away from the better players, and want to beat their score which they got in probably 2 plays.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 21 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #54

I♥prat fall

true stuff

but this challenge thread was made for the reason you're talking about
I (or anyone else at my level of timing/dex) would be fricken crazy to actually try to battle VGTA in a normal DJ battle. I made this thread so that I (and others) could feel accomplished when they beat a score set by a 'monster' of iidx timing. sure, the only 'hard' song that I'm actually beating VGTA at is kotti wo muiteyo, but i still feel proud of my north 7k and get on beat scores, even if they're incredibly easy songs.

A lot of advanced players think that L7 is really dumb, but I disagree. If you don't think L7 is fun, then eventually you won't think 7k is fun (BLEE for example), and then eventually you'll get bored with the whole game. I try to have fun just enjoying the music and hitting the notes to recreate the song, and getting into the song whether i'm playing L7 or another.
This is also another reason why I stopped playing DDR... IIDX just has so much more competition. There's only a few songs that have JG combos (100%), but for every other song, there's a score that can be beaten.

so maybe it's dumb for people to play a song over and over again to try and beat a score that eric got on his first try when he's trying to fill in his scores, but it still lets players progress in getting better at timing, and it's still a fun way to have competition between players of completely different skill levels.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Sep 21 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #55

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

I would play Expert Courses more if there was a better sorting method for them, unless there is and I don't know about it. But I was thinking about starting playing some courses anyway so I might as well start with or without such a system.

When playing to game to try to impress your friends, I'm sure you dont walk up at the arcade, put in some tokens, select your HS4/Random/Hard, then go straight to Nothing ain't stoppin us L7.

I did this with Logic Board L7 once. Except that was at home since I don't live in IIDX machine land (or do I).

Speaking of arcade machines, VGTA seems to be consistently better than me. Hmmmmmmmmm.

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 21 2005, 02:27 PM
Post #56

I♥prat fall

yeah it's hard to go through the expert courses as far as comparing scores =/ and many are unlabeled.

Just noticed that VGTA took back dan's score on remember you, and also BEAT EVERYONE'S CRAP =O =O on a certain song.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jimbo22291
post Sep 21 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #57

Tranoid

ok thats it

QUOTE(Azure @ Sep 21 2005, 04:13 AM) *
(He supposedly idolizes you or something).

i fell out of my chair and spit out my ice cream all over the flooring laughing at that comment.. but are you retarded?

OH MY GOD I LOVE GIVING PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER THAN ME AT A GAME THAT INVOLVES SCRATCHING AND HITTING 7 KEYS AN E-BLOW JOB Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

i dont mean to be an asshole, but seriously i just post TWO L7 scores, well lemme put it for those who cant read: TWO L7 SCORES, azure, were supposed to have friendly battles here, not people jumping on me. Besides, thats what the BLAME forum is for, plus the 50000 threads in that forum that are about my scores sleep.gif

QUOTE(ryan2dx @ Sep 21 2005, 03:36 PM) *
But when it's a thread like this and it's a "challenge" and he posts his scores like he is OWNING UP the competition. L7 doesn't show much skill, it shows that you have more tolerance for playing boring shit.

well then again i have to agree with you there. after all, i never really play L7 as much anymore like i used to as most of you have probably seen. I have the timing down too, big deal... now for the whole ACCURACY part and learning to hit the stupid keys huh.gif Thats why i dont really care enough in beating most ppls hard 7K/Another scores, cause take a look at my alien world another score for example ^^

And i have been playing ALOT more 7K and Anothers too, plus i havent been playing for long so i tend to still have small things to learn, but dont worry im gettin it! (and my 5pm eternal score was first try too, not that that matters but tongue.gif)

Again, sorry if i was being an asshole to anyone since im usually never like that.. im just trying to make a point. I dont wanna turn another thread into a "LETS MAKE FUN OF ARCHOWL ROLF" thread again happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Sep 21 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #58

I♥prat fall

you have a right to get mad (I'd get a little upset too), but you don't have the right to make your sig that big. please cut it down. save the etrees (get it? MUSIC)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jimbo22291
post Sep 21 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #59

Tranoid

fixed the sig, hahaha sorry about that

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheKnightOfNee
post Sep 21 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #60

LOOKIN AT GIRLZ BUTTZ

DJ Battle This User

I know I'm not good enough to beat VGTA 99.9% of the time, so anytime a score of mine tops his, it makes me feel like I've made some headway in the game. And if I can top him on a 2 star song, I know topping on a 3 star will be within my reach too. And then next, a 4 star song. And so on.

PS - I'm still beating him on 3 songs, none of which are L7.

--------------------
Twitter: @heyitsRockdan
QUOTE (chickensnack @ Jan 13 2007, 07:11 PM)
The sequel to 2Hot2Eat will be called The Hot and the Eat: Tokyo Drift

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 04:20 AM