2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dj TAKA 2nd album - True Blue..., Remix disc and everything
Tropical Pallete
post Dec 13 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #21

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

All the disc 1 previews sound same-y. Not looking forward to disc 1.

--------------------
QUOTE (rmz @ Mar 19 2010, 02:30 PM) *
2 steps to naming a yoshitaka song

1. Turn on capslock
2. Roll face across keyboard

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sync
post Dec 13 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #22

The Shadow

Ok, let me hear these.

Idk. IMO it's a bit hard to tell what the whole songs are going to sound like based on 30 seconds. For disc 1 it does seem like TAKA's just giving songs a harder beat, letting them play out, and then tacking something onto the end like Ryu though. =/ Based on the disc 2 previews the PHQUASE, BlackY, and cosMo@暴走P remixes sound good. The others are all pretty generic hardcore though. I did get a pretty decent chuckle out of comments like "This is going to be the best BEMANI remix CD!" and "OMG I can't wait! [for the USAO remix]". Don't mean to join the hate train, but it's just how I hear it.

Speaking of hearing, is it just me, or do the samples sound really washed out? I hope the album itself isn't like that because I found them hard to listen to.

QUOTE (Shao @ Dec 13 2013, 10:36 AM) *
especially USAO doing more dubstep seriously STOP IT

I'm actually really disappointed USAO's SPADA song wasn't hardstyle.

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Dec 15 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #23

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

i wonder how quaver will do
i mean, the short version it's like a ryu long version already

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Dec 20 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #24

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

The final two songs on disc 1 have been revealed:

Elpis
Last Dance -extend vocal ver.-, a long version of an upcoming song on SPADA

--------------------

1. Turn on capslock

+Quote Post
Tropical Pallete
post Dec 31 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #25

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Surprised no one is talking about this album.

--------------------

1. Turn on capslock

+Quote Post
Shao
post Jan 13 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #26

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (Tropical Pallete @ Dec 31 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Surprised no one is talking about this album.

probably because it's really not that good of an album but all the other forums are too big of fanboys to admit

1st disc was ok, has some decent long versions. Quaver actually is ok because it's like they tacked on a gitadora version (doesn't exist currently) which is LEAGUES BETTER than the original. actually, they probably should've just made the entire song with the guitar.

2nd disc was pretty atrocious imo and I cannot understand why they insisted on letting all the NEW artists do all the songs

noriken time to empress -- nothing special, just time to empress j-core speed
dj genki is trash and so is his remix
plight's remix is just a sped up, octave higher and some piano shit remix of OML
USAO could've possibly really done well if he did a hardstyle remix but bemani thinks USAO is a dubstep only artist or something and dubstep is TERRIBLE
I usually like hommarju but the remix of votum stellarum is so lackluster and also very generic j-core sounding
the safari remix is one of the more itneresting remixes of the album
nemesis remix is a nemesis remix with the bass intact.. granted it sounds kinda just like a sped up nemesis with some extra syncopation but it's probably the best of the remix album
visual kei remix of memories.. it doesn't mesh AT ALL
cuvelia's remix is ok. like just ok.
F's remix is like taking F and putting it over some other trash
color's remix is jazzy and kind of cool, or it's just the manatee syndrome after listening to a bunch of uninspired amateurish shit
the AA remix sounds like it was fed through a SNES and put over a jcore bass at several points, but it's better than the avg of this album lol

srsly some of the hardcore artists are not terrible outside of bemani (except genki, I cannot like genki), but SDVX has a terrible soundtrack and the 2nd cd was like, "WHAT IF WE COMBINE SDVX WITH TAKA'S MUSIC"

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLUST OF WIND
post Jan 13 2014, 09:41 PM
Post #27

The Shadow

QUOTE (Shao @ Jan 13 2014, 12:33 PM) *
probably because it's really not that good of an album but all the other forums are too big of fanboys to admit

1st disc was ok, has some decent long versions. Quaver actually is ok because it's like they tacked on a gitadora version (doesn't exist currently) which is LEAGUES BETTER than the original. actually, they probably should've just made the entire song with the guitar.

2nd disc was pretty atrocious imo and I cannot understand why they insisted on letting all the NEW artists do all the songs

noriken time to empress -- nothing special, just time to empress j-core speed
dj genki is trash and so is his remix
plight's remix is just a sped up, octave higher and some piano shit remix of OML
USAO could've possibly really done well if he did a hardstyle remix but bemani thinks USAO is a dubstep only artist or something and dubstep is TERRIBLE
I usually like hommarju but the remix of votum stellarum is so lackluster and also very generic j-core sounding
the safari remix is one of the more itneresting remixes of the album
nemesis remix is a nemesis remix with the bass intact.. granted it sounds kinda just like a sped up nemesis with some extra syncopation but it's probably the best of the remix album
visual kei remix of memories.. it doesn't mesh AT ALL
cuvelia's remix is ok. like just ok.
F's remix is like taking F and putting it over some other trash
color's remix is jazzy and kind of cool, or it's just the manatee syndrome after listening to a bunch of uninspired amateurish shit
the AA remix sounds like it was fed through a SNES and put over a jcore bass at several points, but it's better than the avg of this album lol

srsly some of the hardcore artists are not terrible outside of bemani (except genki, I cannot like genki), but SDVX has a terrible soundtrack and the 2nd cd was like, "WHAT IF WE COMBINE SDVX WITH TAKA'S MUSIC"

Aside from votum remix, I agree with all of this

--------------------
<Eijiken> Beggars can't exactly be choosers you know.
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> Beggers can be niggers though
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> :>

+Quote Post
BigC
post Jan 14 2014, 01:43 AM
Post #28

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Shao @ Jan 13 2014, 09:33 AM) *
Quaver actually is ok because it's like they tacked on a gitadora version (doesn't exist currently) which is LEAGUES BETTER than the original. actually, they probably should've just made the entire song with the guitar.

The 2nd half of Quaver is actually an existing Gitadora version. It was crossed over in GFdm XG3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vcFGhhTM8
Gitadora has been getting a lot more re-arranged cross over songs from other bemani games lately, some are fully redone rock arrangements that sound great (like that Quaver remix) and others are really low effort re-arrangements where they just slap on a half assed guitar section over the original and call it a day (like all Ryu* songs crossed over to Gitadora).

This album wasn't really memorable but there were a few songs I really enjoyed. I think the long version of message was done well, that song owns owns owns. Quaver is kind of a low effort long version since it's just two different arrangements glued together but still I think that was a cool idea. Despite perditus paradisus being part of the "piano techno hardcore song" trend that's ruining IIDX boss songs I like it and am mostly satisfied with the long version, could have been better though. True Blue, Last Dance, and Hollywood Galaxy could probably find their way into my regular song rotation.

My opinion of disc 2 mostly mirrors shao's in that it's just J-CORE J-CORE SDVX CROSSFADE CHECK OUT THESE SICK DROPS, the lack of variety that the other remix discs had in terms of musical style sort of kills disc 2. I did like these songs though:
One more lovely plight remix - This is basically sound_voltex_booth.mp3 but since I really like OML I guess I like this too.
Rainbow Flyer DUBSTEP RMX!!!!!!!!!!! - Yeah this is pretty good, it has filthy bass drops it has rainbow flyer what more could you want? I guess some MACHINE GUNS would make it better. Great remix from this dubstep only artist.
The Safari totto remix - Good remix but Ryu* remixed it better.
AA oster project remix - This is actually kind of how I thought AA should have sounded like when I first heard AA years ago. Great remix from this vocaloid only artist.

Also colors sasakure.uk remix sounds neat but whenever I listen to it I lose interest soon and play another song lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Jan 15 2014, 02:57 AM
Post #29

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (BigC @ Jan 14 2014, 08:43 AM) *
Also colors sasakure.uk remix sounds neat but whenever I listen to it I lose interest soon and play another song lol

that's a problem i found in many sasakure songs, they're cool and all and shows the guy really knows his shit but you end up skipping halfway in or whatever and you can't explain it

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
Shao
post Jan 15 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #30

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE (BigC @ Jan 13 2014, 10:43 PM) *
The 2nd half of Quaver is actually an existing Gitadora version. It was crossed over in GFdm XG3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9vcFGhhTM8
Gitadora has been getting a lot more re-arranged cross over songs from other bemani games lately, some are fully redone rock arrangements that sound great (like that Quaver remix) and others are really low effort re-arrangements where they just slap on a half assed guitar section over the original and call it a day (like all Ryu* songs crossed over to Gitadora).

This album wasn't really memorable but there were a few songs I really enjoyed. I think the long version of message was done well, that song owns owns owns. Quaver is kind of a low effort long version since it's just two different arrangements glued together but still I think that was a cool idea. Despite perditus paradisus being part of the "piano techno hardcore song" trend that's ruining IIDX boss songs I like it and am mostly satisfied with the long version, could have been better though. True Blue, Last Dance, and Hollywood Galaxy could probably find their way into my regular song rotation.

My opinion of disc 2 mostly mirrors shao's in that it's just J-CORE J-CORE SDVX CROSSFADE CHECK OUT THESE SICK DROPS, the lack of variety that the other remix discs had in terms of musical style sort of kills disc 2. I did like these songs though:
One more lovely plight remix - This is basically sound_voltex_booth.mp3 but since I really like OML I guess I like this too.
Rainbow Flyer DUBSTEP RMX!!!!!!!!!!! - Yeah this is pretty good, it has filthy bass drops it has rainbow flyer what more could you want? I guess some MACHINE GUNS would make it better. Great remix from this dubstep only artist.
The Safari totto remix - Good remix but Ryu* remixed it better.
AA oster project remix - This is actually kind of how I thought AA should have sounded like when I first heard AA years ago. Great remix from this vocaloid only artist.

for some reason I was thinking quaver was in gitadora and checked, but didn't see it.. didn't think to check XG3. a lot of those bemani gakuen songs are like 10 billion (huehueheuhe) times better on gitadora imo

message is probably my favorite, the song is just so inexplicably catchy and awesome and I played the hell out of it on reflec beat and alwwwaaays play it on x3 at a friend's house

I seem to feel similarily tho with the colors remix. it doesn't hold attn too long for whatever reason, but if it's playing in the background I'm not going to skip it cause it's good enough to not disrupt whatever I'm doing

but how the hell do you like rainbow flyer dubstep, like you're trolling right? sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elphaba
post Jan 15 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #31

Everyone Is Epic Winnocent

From: Darkness Beyond Time (And I'm the Dog, or Bitch, Schala)

this album suck

so negative

--------------------
LeonMoongooner3: hi
Kryssstal: hi huh
LeonMoongooner3: is this thee krysstal?
Kryssstal: uh huh
LeonMoongooner3: youre a straight legend girl
Kryssstal: but i'm bi

"maya talks like someone perpetually participating in internet cat fights" -viv

"Anyway point is following your thought processes is not unlike trying to herd a kitten that fell into a ball pit" -ShadowWraith

"now i want ppl to know, that i see you, from over here, across the internet, turning up the corners of your lips in a smile, thinking that this is a funny statement, and i just want to say how DARE you not take this situation seriously, how DARE you treat this situation with any humor whatsoever. epitome! the perfect example! of the embarrassment, the shame of humanity. you all have got some nerve to even crack a grin whatsoever in the slightest, and none of you have the slightest shred of dignity or emotion. i am appalled and dismayed. thank you. bows" -Jadin

"well, yes, and ofc she is an intolerant narcissist girl lol" -jeanclaude

"like you can't just say 'well if you'd been in x place at y time then you'd know' as if i'm supposed to take your word for it and fucken like agree with you 'oh you're right krystal is an irredeemable sociopath and she's dexter from the hit show dexter'" -Rambly

"krystal with a relaly tiny pecker is probably peak sexiness anyway" -grass

"for the record i always imagined krystal being closer to daria than velma" -funkdoc

"nah, it's cool. you seem fine. especially for a person" -ancientscapes

"tfw biggest internet tough girl is a sub" -Based Audity

Kneel down and clean the smegma between my toes that I accrued from giving footsiejobs to someone actually deserving. :3

“There is nothing in the world that cannot be cured by love. That is the most thing.” ―Antonio Banderas

+Quote Post
BLUST OF WIND
post Jan 16 2014, 01:15 AM
Post #32

The Shadow

QUOTE (BigC @ Jan 14 2014, 01:43 AM) *

You are totally alone in this one.

I like me some BROstep sometimes (love me some flux pavilion, and miracle 5ympho x is pretty hype) but fuck a remix isn't supposed to completely drown out everything that makes a song unique, after a certain point it doesn't even sound like Rainbow Flyer.

Totally forgot about message, always have loved that song and wished it had a long, so getting this made my day

--------------------
<Eijiken> Beggars can't exactly be choosers you know.
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> Beggers can be niggers though
<a_40_oz_for_breakfast> :>

+Quote Post
BigC
post Jan 16 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #33

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Shao @ Jan 15 2014, 10:23 AM) *
but how the hell do you like rainbow flyer dubstep, like you're trolling right? sad.gif

I never troll.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 05:31 AM