> Trip to the Western States, In America
Mazrim
post Apr 15 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #1

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I've been looking at visiting the states for some time, and reading a recent case study on I-70 in Colorado has recently renewed my interest in getting out there again. I need a few more things to justify a trip that far out there, otherwise it would just be California/Nevada/Arizona trip.

Flights are cheap to Los Angeles so I was thinking that I would check out stuff there for a day or two, head over to Las Vegas for couple days (grand canyon and stuff), then head over to I-70 and the Denver/Rocky Mountains for a couple days. This of course depends on renting a car and being able to leave it at the end of the trip and fly home again.

So, questions! Is the drive up I-70 worth it? Is there some things to do in Denver and the surrounding area? Anything I should check out in Los Angeles or Las Vegas areas? Thanks in advance. smile.gif

(I'll admit half the reason I want to go to Colorado is to see the road and the area, I know it's kinda sad. This happens when you design roads for a living smile.gif Also getting to drive up the highest interstate and paved road in North America would be interesting and add to the peaks I've driven/hiked in Canada.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Apr 15 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #2

I♥prat fall

well I WOULD say that driving through utah is boring if you go that direction. but if you like road stuff then driving wouldn't be so bad. It's like 11 hours from denver to vegas though I think?
Denver area has cool things like huge aquarium and boring people like Jadin/nabs/deets/vgamet/spineshark (seeing roads is more interesting). But if you want to nerd out with party games then we could arrange something!

fake edit: oh there's an observatory on top of mt. evans. that would be pretty cool actually

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
Deets
post Apr 15 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #3

all jew (about damaging it)

Dude come out here we will get some dope pho and that apocalyptic breakfast burrito they serve at the jack 'n grill (as seen in that episode of man vs. food)

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Apr 16 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #4

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Well I can't nerd out on roads all day because I'd be bringing my girlfriend with me, so definitely other things to do would be cool. And yeah Mt. Evans would be on the list of things to check out, I saw it on the map and knew I had to go. Maybe a day hike on a mountain somewhere too. We also considered going during ski season to check out all the hills around there but I'm not sure I want to risk the trip being a bust due to bad weather, so the summer is a much better time to go.

I didn't know so many of you guys lived in Denver, that's awesome! I would totally come hang out for some epic food and games.

+Quote Post
Jadin
post Apr 16 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #5

I♥prat fall

well if you're gonna take an extra day for the south route (Arizona) you should check out the phoenix zoo (this is also a reminder to greyfox), and can stop at the carlsbad caverns on the way. But I guess you'd miss I-70 so oops

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
rmz
post Apr 16 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

If you come to Arizona post something because me, Grayfox, and Taren live down here

+Quote Post
kay0ss
post Apr 16 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #7

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

AND

QUOTE (kay0ss @ Apr 16 2010, 05:38 PM) *
If you come to NorCal post something because me and 8438957395 other people live up here

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mazrim
post Apr 16 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #8

SPACE FIGHT

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Well I mentioned Arizona because the Grand Canyon is there it seems. Is the South side better than the North side? If Las Vegas to Phoenix isn't too far then it might be an idea. I'd prefer to be there right now for the playoffs though... (watching Phoenix and Detroit on TV as I type this!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 02:19 AM