IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Auto-Calc Hi-Speed based on Green Number
dj EMPATH
post Oct 24 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #1

DJ Battle This User

Was entering scores last night by save data, and thought "Hey it would be much easier to just enter my green number and have SUD+ set for all my scores and Hi-Speed automagicaly calculated for me instead of doing this by hand" I then gave up on trying to set my hi-speed for the hundreds of songs I uploaded data for. Someone posted a green number calculator on bemanistyle that could probably be useful for this sort of application.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adammm
post Oct 24 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

I don't know but I know someone posted

BOOM

+Quote Post
dog$
post Oct 24 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #3

Rising in the Sun

The Green Nubmer Equation is basically an "xy=z" type of formula (yes I know that it is more complicated than that). You have to know at least two of the variables for the third to be determined from the equation.

If you play a song with 145 BPM tempo at
hi5 with 0 s+
hi4.5 with 62 s+
hi4 with 125 s+
&c

they all result in a Green Number of 300.

+Quote Post
dj EMPATH
post Oct 26 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #4

DJ Battle This User

Yeah its a little more complicated than that, but it ought to be possible to calculate it for nearest SUD+ to 50 (minimum possible SUD+) without going under, or nearest to some desired default value by user preference. I wish IIDX saved HS and SUD+ like it used to. :<

+Quote Post
*NYAA
post Oct 26 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #5

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

copypaste from somewhere that copypasted from somewhere else

Are you addicted to your comfortable SUDDEN+ Green Number on GOLD and or TROOPERS? Have you ever gone back to an earlier CS style and missed it? Ever wondered how stuff is calculated? Well, these handy formulas should help you out.

So, let's start with how the Green Number is calculated (abbr. GRN). Stolen from another thread about this a while ago, the formula is

where GRN = Green Number, BPM = BPM of the song, SPD = HS Setting*, SUD = SUD+ Number.

*Note: The HS Setting is the real meaning of whatever HS you have set, i.e.,
HS0 = 1.0x
HS0.5 = 1.5x
HS1.0 = 2.0x
HS1.5 = 2.25x
HS2.0 = 2.5x
HS2.5 = 2.75x
HS3.0 = 3.0x
HS3.5 = 3.25x
HS4.0 = 3.5x
HS4.5 = 3.75x
HS5.0 = 4.0x.
So, if for example you have HS set to HS4.0, SPD = 3.5.

Using this formula, we can solve for SUD, i.e. the SUD+ number to set on styles that don't show GRN:

Note that the value of SUD will be negative if the second term exceeds 1000. This just means that the HS Setting is too high for the BPM. Knowing this, we can find the threshold value of the Effective BPM, which is BPM times SPD:

This formula assumes that the player has HS5.0 set. It finds the BPM under which SUD+ will always be required to achieve GRN.

Another useful value is the Effective BPM (BPM times SPD) associated with the Green Number:

Now, for some sample calculations!
I read at GRN = 277. Say I want to play earth scape on IIDX RED, which doesn't show GRN. I want to know what to set my SUD+ to so it feels the same, i.e. GRN = 277.
As a general rule, I want to set my SUD+ according to the max BPM, which in the case of earth scape is BPM = 94. Clearly 94 is well below the BPMThreshold for GRN = 277, which is approximately 157 bpm. Applying the formula:

I hope these formulas help some of you to improve your scores.

--------------------
Sound/kors k

The super director L.E.D., said "I like American-based resorts", and felt that there wasn't enough black music and told me to fix that.

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Oct 27 2009, 06:58 AM
Post #6

they keep referring to me as that

QUOTE (adammm @ Oct 24 2009, 04:42 PM) *
I don't know but I know someone posted

BOOM

wait is TC the same empath who ran a forum for discussing CLAMP manga

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
Krazy
post Oct 27 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #7

Flesvelka

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (luppolo @ Oct 26 2009, 01:07 PM) *

I think 174 is inaccurate, I've always used 172. This person is obviously a dumbass.

+Quote Post
dj EMPATH
post Oct 28 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #8

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Junglist King @ Oct 27 2009, 04:58 AM) *
wait is TC the same empath who ran a forum for discussing CLAMP manga

What of it? That was me. I stopped caring about clamp a year ago. Got too fucking convoluted for me to continue giving a shit about.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2020 - 10:49 AM