IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New tool to help you insert your VJA scores using game saves !
Isaru
post Oct 11 2005, 06:47 AM
Post #21

Evergreen

QUOTE(vincent @ Oct 11 2005, 02:53 AM) *
Thank you for your investigation, it helps !
About the hi-speed preferences, I already use the settings saved in the Memory Card.
For the Towel mode, it seems good to create preferences for it, I add this to the wish list. There is already a BPM database so I will use it.

I'm glad I can be of some help smile.gif . Ah, ok. I didn't know if you could find the mod settings on the memory card data as easily as the scores. What about for 8th and 9th, do they save the settings as well, since they save records differently?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 11 2005, 07:28 AM
Post #22

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Isaru @ Oct 11 2005, 02:47 PM) *
I'm glad I can be of some help smile.gif . Ah, ok. I didn't know if you could find the mod settings on the memory card data as easily as the scores. What about for 8th and 9th, do they save the settings as well, since they save records differently?

For 8th and 9th, there is a strong lack of mods saved sadly, since there is only Hard/Easy, Full Combo/Perfect and Hi-Speed setting.
No Hidden/Sudden or Random/Reverse here.
After the support for Pop'n Music is complete, I'll work on a way to add/edit info before update(detailed score, mods, comment, picture, etc.).

BTW to all users, please don't use your 3rd style saves untill I solve Isaru's problem, and don't delete your 'first_backup_xxx' file in the save folder just in case.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 23 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #23

Dazzlin' Darlin

Hello, here are some news :

- some early styles write wrong data in the gamesaves, for song/difficulties that were not present at this time but were added later. This will be fixed soon so early styles support will be back to normal.
- Pop'n Music support is almost ready, all mapping between the gamesaves and the popnnavy database is done !
- I'm ready now to listen to suggestions, so contact me if you have some.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dieKatze88
post Oct 24 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #24

Evergreen

Great program! just two suggestions.

1. Try starting it maximized, instead of larger than the screen XD

2. The Program should say (Your Number) next to VJArmy ID. that would help reduse confusion.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 25 2005, 06:46 AM
Post #25

Dazzlin' Darlin

OK, version 0.4 is out ! , with a bug fix for 3rd style.

It's still there : http://memorymani.com

I included the above-mentioned suggestions, since it was pretty quick : now the app starts maximized if your screen resolution is not above 1024*768 (which is the default app size).

Next steps are still :

- major GUI update
- Pop'n Music support (Note to Remy : we need to talk, I'm lost !!)

Any bug report welcome, and please don't erase backup files untill the soft is labelled as stable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dieKatze88
post Oct 26 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #26

Evergreen

QUOTE(vincent @ Oct 25 2005, 08:46 AM) *
OK, version 0.4 is out ! , with a bug fix for 3rd style.

It's still there : http://memorymani.com

I included the above-mentioned suggestions, since it was pretty quick : now the app starts maximized if your screen resolution is not above 1024*768 (which is the default app size).

Next steps are still :

- major GUI update
- Pop'n Music support (Note to Remy : we need to talk, I'm lost !!)

Any bug report welcome, and please don't erase backup files untill the soft is labelled as stable.

Marvelous! my big beef was solved. thank you.

+Quote Post
shinigami_2057
post Oct 27 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #27

Tranoid

Awesome work dude, it's looking and functioning very well smile.gif Is there any chance of a release of source after 1.0? At least the classes that work with the memory cards and GUI, if the VJA-connection data is sensitive =p

--------------------
<davidbrit2> No Doubt Get Loud will make my nuts explode.
QUOTE (Sardius @ Aug 17 2005, 08:18 PM)
fuck goli and all that anime bullshit. the mere inclusion of both g.m.d. AND s.d.z. makes every previous iidx release seem like a disappointment. I'm buying ten copies of this when it comes out and will rub them all over my balls. ALL of them.

QUOTE (dog$ @ Sep 13 2005, 06:59 PM)
Silvia Drive is also nails-on-chalkboard horrible, too; again, the chart is decent but Noria's attempt to out-yodel backyard dogs is a mind numbing atrocity.

+Quote Post
dieKatze88
post Oct 27 2005, 08:30 PM
Post #28

Evergreen

QUOTE(shinigami_2057 @ Oct 27 2005, 10:17 PM) *
Awesome work dude, it's looking and functioning very well smile.gif Is there any chance of a release of source after 1.0? At least the classes that work with the memory cards and GUI, if the VJA-connection data is sensitive =p

Guy the sources come in the installer. its GPL.

+Quote Post
shinigami_2057
post Oct 27 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #29

Tranoid

Oops. Nevermind then, my apologies.

--------------------
<davidbrit2> No Doubt Get Loud will make my nuts explode.
QUOTE (Sardius @ Aug 17 2005, 08:18 PM)
fuck goli and all that anime bullshit. the mere inclusion of both g.m.d. AND s.d.z. makes every previous iidx release seem like a disappointment. I'm buying ten copies of this when it comes out and will rub them all over my balls. ALL of them.

QUOTE (dog$ @ Sep 13 2005, 06:59 PM)
Silvia Drive is also nails-on-chalkboard horrible, too; again, the chart is decent but Noria's attempt to out-yodel backyard dogs is a mind numbing atrocity.

+Quote Post
Remy
post Oct 27 2005, 09:52 PM
Post #30

VJ Army is dead or alive

VINC, just to make sure you see it, check the Last Message forum.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Oct 28 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #31

Tranoid

I actually have an idea for a feature for this little program. Why not add an extra column for score pics, and let the user associate one to each score when it has updated itself from the memory card? New scores can have an extra flag saying that the pic may need to be updated, and such.

Then, have an extra button that basically uploads every image associated to a score to Imageshack or some other free imagehost, and takes note of the returned image URL. Then it adds this as another bit to the song's data to upload to VJA.

In other words: Picture management! (I had actually thought of something like this a while back for PNN, basically the 'home game' if you will. A completely offline score manager. Unfortunately, I can't program worth a damn. tongue.gif)

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
vincent
post Oct 29 2005, 03:09 AM
Post #32

Dazzlin' Darlin

I add picture management in the feature request list. Automatic picture upload seems to be achievable ^^.
BTW I reshaped the project on sourceforge (sourceforge project name is 'memorymani'), all are welcome there. There is a 'tracker' feature that lets you add some requests, bugs etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taco
post Nov 11 2005, 11:09 AM
Post #33

Evergreen

I'm having a problem. The scores are showing up in MemoryMani, but when I submit them most of them show up as EX 0 / F on the score list.

Is this a bug with 0.4, or am I doing something wrong? I converted from AR MAX format to XPort format with PS2 Save Builder, and all of the scores are there. When I choose "Load Net" is shows the scores I submitted as well, they just don't show up on the site.

--------------------
user posted image
Fall swiftly and gracefully at the hands of Scorpion Fire

+Quote Post
Remy
post Nov 11 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #34

VJ Army is dead or alive

I think the problem is caused by all the changes I've made this week. Need to talk to VINC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vincent
post Nov 12 2005, 03:01 AM
Post #35

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Remy @ Nov 11 2005, 10:04 PM) *
I think the problem is caused by all the changes I've made this week. Need to talk to VINC.

That's it, something was broken.
I identified the problem (the 'entrymode' input in the submit form) and created a new version that solves it.
Run the new version with your gamesaves and you'll have your scores back.
If someone lost more than pure score data (comments, pictures, etc), please send me your xml 'first' backup file and I'll see what I can do.

Remy if you read this, I successfully bind to your API ^^, no more user ID is required in the settings !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taco
post Nov 12 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #36

Evergreen

It took a couple of tries (First try wiped almost, probably getting rid of old F scores), but I got everything uploaded and working nicely. Thanks for fixing the problem! ^^

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Nov 12 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #37

Rising in the Sun

Just got finished trying it for the first time, and all I can say is WOW.

Thank you very much for this amazing time-saving tool!!

--------------------
Kilroy was here --m-O_O-m--
user posted image

+Quote Post
Taco
post Nov 12 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #38

Evergreen

I just have one more question. It seems to submit all the scores on the memory card as Private, I'm assuming this is to prevent a flood on the "10 Most Recent Scores" thing. Are there any plans in the future for Remy or yourself to make it so while they don't show up on the Most Recent Scores, they do show up on the actual lists?

I dunno, maybe have MemoryMani have its own special part it submits to but still ends up on the major lists.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kilroy
post Nov 12 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #39

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(Taco @ Nov 12 2005, 07:37 PM) *
I just have one more question. It seems to submit all the scores on the memory card as Private, I'm assuming this is to prevent a flood on the "10 Most Recent Scores" thing. Are there any plans in the future for Remy or yourself to make it so while they don't show up on the Most Recent Scores, they do show up on the actual lists?

I dunno, maybe have MemoryMani have its own special part it submits to but still ends up on the major lists.

Wow, I didn't realise that it was making them private sad.gif What a pain in the butt....

I guess I will have to go through all of those scores and click the check box now, until something can be fixed about that.

--------------------
Kilroy was here --m-O_O-m--
user posted image

+Quote Post
Remy
post Nov 12 2005, 11:40 PM
Post #40

VJ Army is dead or alive

I had nothing to do with the scores showing up as Private by default. I personally don't care if it floods those lists.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2020 - 11:01 AM