Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FOXY, Grunge-Des EX
MAIcrosoft
post Dec 10 2004, 05:53 AM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

since i've never seen anyone cleared this song... its hard to believe FOXY cleared it (and without speedmods....) so... pic please or uncheck the clear box p;

http://popnnavy.com/viewsong.php?songid=gr...&highlight=FOXY

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Larrikin
post Dec 10 2004, 08:32 AM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

Lack of speed mods doesn't mean anything. I usually only enter combo and score and thats it. Anyway FOXY probably just forgot to uncheck the box.

--------------------
I will HOOK you up if you join and complete an offer on these sites. PM me for details
FREE FLAT SCREEN TV!
FREE PSP!

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 16 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

Oh just kidding never mind what was in my original post. Pics please.

But I believe it; the song doesn't look that impossible...

+Quote Post
MAIcrosoft
post Dec 16 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

i've never seen someone who cleared it, no tatsujin movies or pics from japan to~ that last part is increddibly hard. I've only seen 1 person who was really close (like 4/5 bars away orso) playing on random. The first part is easily to full combo, but the last p; so if someone runs into a pic or a video of someone clearing this song, please show me [:

--------------------

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 16 2004, 03:42 AM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I've got a video of ROBO clearing it with 30 bads and 97K - he uses S-Random tho.

I don't know where I got it, maybe Bemanistyle before the previous media wipe.

CStar will probably clear it soon enough, he clears all the impossible songs tongue.gif

edit: *goes back to look at the song ranking* Looks like the non-box-unchecking was indeed on purpose, based on the "I'm the only clear? ohmy.gif" comment? If you look at their other scores they haven't cleared Contemporary Nation EX, Classic 10 EX or Symphonic Metal EX... is this reasonable or suspicious? I wouldn't know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
flux
post Dec 16 2004, 07:50 AM
Post #6

Rising in the Sun

There's a video of ROBO doing it with and without S-random, clearing it both times.
Just so we're all on the same level, EX GAUGE CLEARS SHOULD NOT COUNT SINCE THEY'RE EASIER. I hope foxy wasn't using a different gauge for that a counting it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
matt4596
post Dec 16 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #7

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(MAIcrosoft @ Dec 16 2004, 02:31 AM)
i've never seen someone who cleared it, no tatsujin movies or pics from japan to~ that last part is increddibly hard. I've only seen 1 person who was really close (like 4/5 bars away orso) playing on random. The first part is easily to full combo, but the last p; so if someone runs into a pic or a video of someone clearing this song, please show me [:

i used to have a really good video of a guy getting 98k on it. it was on my old laptop which was destroyed in a fire so i don't have it anymore. sad.gif

he totally full combo'd that ending. it was crazy.

--------------------
If your controller doesn't fall to the ground, you're not playing pyramid ex right.

+Quote Post
Crono
post Dec 17 2004, 02:13 AM
Post #8

Evergreen

Grunge-Des EX on 10AC or 11AC is a whole lot easier than it is on 10CS, since on 10CS the gauge rises 2/3 as fast if you have the game set to difficulty 2 (which is also about equal to the difficulty on Pop'n Iroha) and everything's easy to the point that all challenge is lost on difficulty 1.

On a related note, I hate the new gauge. Hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Oh, and unless he's playing on difficulty 1, I don't believe it. My record, at least up to this point, is 3 bars under passing on difficulty 2, and I've never scored below 89k on the song. How one could finish with 81k and clear the song is beyond me.

--------------------
I love you.

+Quote Post
MAIcrosoft
post Dec 17 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #9

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Crono @ Dec 17 2004, 01:13 AM)
Grunge-Des EX on 10AC or 11AC is a whole lot easier than it is on 10CS

Ok, but if it is an AC score, does it mean that it would not be legit because its an AC score with AC advantage for the song

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 17 2004, 05:49 PM
Post #10

Dazzlin' Darlin

Eh, I dunno... I have a video of Earth playing it on HS4 and he clears it... It's most likely it was done with a difficulty of 1; I'm tempted to change my game's difficulty to that since 2 is total bullshit in comparison to the difficulty setting for any other game...

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Dec 17 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #11

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Is it reasonable to challenge a clear on a score entry that's the lowest rank? As far as I can tell nothing in any of the PNN rankings is based on clear status, unlike VJA having DJ points affected by that box.

+Quote Post
MAIcrosoft
post Dec 18 2004, 08:57 AM
Post #12

Dazzlin' Darlin

grunge-des EX is pretty hard to clear, thatswhy. This isnt a song jou just choose and just clear after 10 tries in a row. so i still dont believe it p; and if its true, its probably cleared with EX gauge

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 18 2004, 04:32 PM
Post #13

Dazzlin' Darlin

EX gauge is fucking hard to use on Pop'n 10. Maybe done in Expert mode? Regardless, it's been more than a week since you issued the challange...

+Quote Post
MAIcrosoft
post Dec 18 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #14

Dazzlin' Darlin

sure but i still dont believe it p; i mean, this is really one of the songs that you want to get a pic of if you cleared it (from either the result screen or records chart). its still hard to believe.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 18 2004, 10:47 PM
Post #15

Dazzlin' Darlin

I totally agree, anyone know who Foxy is? And what's the time restriction on challanges?

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Dec 19 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #16

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

Remy has to approve it first. Take note that the last challenge around these parts on clear status was denied.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 19 2004, 07:12 PM
Post #17

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I also notice he has the #2 score for Trauma Punk EX and the only pass besides CSTA. Maybe he's just really good...

--------------------

+Quote Post
flux
post Dec 19 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #18

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Dec 19 2004, 07:12 PM)
I also notice he has the #2 score for Trauma Punk EX and the only pass besides CSTA. Maybe he's just really good...

Same with Classic 8 EX.

EDIT: Wait...he has Classic 8 Ex and Grunge Des Ex (arguably the two of the hardest songs in CS popn) passed but not Contemporary Nation or Retro Pop Ska?
Does that make any sense?

--------------------

+Quote Post
~Amadeus~
post Dec 19 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #19

Rising in the Sun

1: He's obviously either using Difficulty 1 or forgetting to uncheck the box.

2: I agree that EX clears aren't clears, but there are a lot of people, including good players like KAPA and CSTA, who regard them as legitimate. If Remy hasn't ruled on this I'd say people should just mention if it's not a regular stage clear.

3: Best Grunge-Des EX score that I know of is a 6 greats FC by the legendary SILV. (Probably about 99.6K.)

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 20 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #20

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

He's not forgetting to uncheck the box, his Grunge-Des and Trauma Punk comments make specific reference to his clear status.

It'd help if his notecounts were up, but they're not.

This challenge seems valid to me, after all two of the three scores in debate are within the top 5.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 01:05 AM