IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> otaku1313/kappaiidx: Misty EX, incorrect score
Brazoliange
post Sep 16 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Candy Galy

Not to nitpick too much and I'm sure someone just put in a wrong digit and the other person copied it. 6 goods FC on Misty EX is actually 99433, not 99443, and I can provide a picture if neccessary.

On the other hand, if rmz or someone can correct this for them, that's entirely fine with me (given that I'm not sure either reads the forum as much at the moment).

Thanks.

--------------------
http://vjarmy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3967
Help bring IIDX GOLD to Dave & Busters locations around the US!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
One Niceass Indi...
post Sep 16 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #2

they keep referring to me as that

fuck yeah edit that shit wrong ass scores be perfectionist everyday

--------------------
It never ends.

You call it a miracle.

Others opt to refer to it by its ORIGINAL NAME

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Sep 16 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #3

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

To be fair, 10 points makes all the difference when other people are above you in the rankings because of it btns.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Sep 16 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #4

Candy Galy

QUOTE(Xythar @ Sep 16 2008, 09:07 PM) *
To be fair, 10 points makes all the difference when other people are above you in the rankings because of it btns.gif

exactly. it'd be similar to somebody putting in an extra EX point on 5.1.1. or rugged ash.

[edit] also, so the justification is that it's ok to submit/have in 'fake' scores which are better than the one the game gives? nice argument, onipa.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Sep 16 2008, 11:22 PM
Post #5

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

If we edit our scores our rank goes below yours. I got 6 goods and I did copy Kappa's score, since this was before I took pictures ritually and I basically did the same thing with most songs. Can rmz do anything to keep the places and timestamps as they are now if we change it to what you want?

Otherwise for now the score will either be privated or will be back in a few days if I play Misty obsessively until I can get a better score.

EDIT: Nope, checked on another song and if I private/unprivate it I'll lose my rank. If Kappa changes his first then I change and Brazo privates then unprivates, our ranks won't change tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Sep 16 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #6

Candy Galy

QUOTE(Gabe @ Sep 16 2008, 11:22 PM) *
If we edit our scores our rank goes below yours. I got 6 goods and I did copy Kappa's score, since this was before I took pictures ritually and I basically did the same thing with most songs. Can rmz do anything to keep the places and timestamps as they are now if we change it to what you want?

Otherwise for now the score will either be privated or will be back in a few days if I play Misty obsessively until I can get a better score.

Right, I didn't realize that, and I don't want to be ranked above either of you (until I beat 6 goods) either timestamp-wise. I'd say don't worry about privating it until word from rmz/Remy comes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kappaiidx
post Sep 17 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #7

Astral Voyage

I really don't care. Next time just tell me on AIM please, changing score now.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forced laughing, forced smile
Feigned weeping, downright lie
0083 5581 9964 3668 - Wii Code

+Quote Post
Kaze
post Sep 17 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #8

Tranoid

I know this would never happen since PNN is forever dead, but it's for reasons like this that it would've been awesome if PNN could just check scores when they're inputted. It wouldn't be hard to just calculate your score once you input you notecounts (similar to how VJA calculates your EX points once you input your notecounts, etc), except instead of automatically generating your score for you, it would just do a verification, and if it didn't match up it would be like "Your score and notecount doesn't match up" or some shit.

but anyways fuck yeah edit that shit wrong ass scores be perfectionist everyday

--------------------

+Quote Post
chubs
post Sep 17 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #9

Rising in the Sun

as long as we're on the subject, i have a higher score than arcts on hard pf ex, but i guess he used cools and rounded up to 97k EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LOWER 96K THAN WHAT I HAVE WTF SOMEONE CHANGE THAT SHIT.

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 17 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #10

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I can edit the score without altering the timestamp, if you tell me precisely what score should be modified, and in what way it should be modified.

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Sep 17 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #11

Candy Galy

QUOTE(Kaze @ Sep 17 2008, 12:16 PM) *
I know this would never happen since PNN is forever dead, but it's for reasons like this that it would've been awesome if PNN could just check scores when they're inputted. It wouldn't be hard to just calculate your score once you input you notecounts (similar to how VJA calculates your EX points once you input your notecounts, etc), except instead of automatically generating your score for you, it would just do a verification, and if it didn't match up it would be like "Your score and notecount doesn't match up" or some shit.

but anyways fuck yeah edit that shit wrong ass scores be perfectionist everyday

That would be extremely nice, because the more I actually play through things and input scores the more of this (mostly non-intentional I assume) I notice. But yeah, PNN, yadda yadda, probably unrealistic.

QUOTE(chubs @ Sep 17 2008, 01:03 PM) *
as long as we're on the subject, i have a higher score than arcts on hard pf ex, but i guess he used cools and rounded up to 97k EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LOWER 96K THAN WHAT I HAVE WTF SOMEONE CHANGE THAT SHIT.

I've noticed it on a few scores too (notably This), but obviously it isn't something he meant to do. If there's any way what Kaze suggested could be implemented though, that would be pretty ideal (maybe have the system send out a notification upon implementation of any incorrect scores?)

QUOTE(rmz @ Sep 17 2008, 01:16 PM) *
I can edit the score without altering the timestamp, if you tell me precisely what score should be modified, and in what way it should be modified.

http://popnnavy.com/viewsong.php?songid=misty&mode=ex

If you could change Otaku's score to match mine and Kappa's without modifying the timestamp (i.e. change 99443 to 99433). Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Sep 17 2008, 05:34 PM
Post #12

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I changed it on my own. Your turn Brazo :3

+Quote Post
Brazoliange
post Sep 17 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #13

Candy Galy

done

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2018 - 04:44 PM