Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> NVLM_ZK, Somebody Stole My Gal HY
~Amadeus~
post Sep 24 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Rising in the Sun

This is Matvei/KYLE posting on my brother's account ....

Your score is obviously wrong, both in combo and note count. I guess you could have just remembered 100King this at the arcade or something and trusted in an inaccurate Pop'n Navy note count, but I double-checked my save FC (728 combo, 729 notes) and still want a pic. How about one for your Des-Reggae EX too while you're at it, because that score is shithouse fricking awesome.

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 25 2004, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

He's really, really, really good.

He's posted on Bemanistyle about getting something like 3 bads on Trauma Punk EX and equally amazing feats -- so if he was telling the truth about those, I'm sure his other scores are real O___o

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Sep 25 2004, 03:17 AM
Post #3

Rising in the Sun

This is way off topic, but am I the only one getting sick of that little "Gocha!!!" comment on all of his scores? o_O; I mean, I guess that's his comment space to do what he wants with, but that just annoys me more and more every time I see it. happy.gif; And shouldn't it be spelled "Gotcha?" ... ... blah, nevermind, I'm sorry I said anything. It's probably some insider thing or... ... shutting up.

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 25 2004, 03:19 AM
Post #4

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE (Kythlyn @ Sep 25 2004, 01:17 AM)
This is way off topic, but am I the only one getting sick of that little "Gocha!!!" comment on all of his scores? o_O; I mean, I guess that's his comment space to do what he wants with, but that just annoys me more and more every time I see it. happy.gif; And shouldn't it be spelled "Gotcha?" ... ... blah, nevermind, I'm sorry I said anything. It's probably some insider thing or... ... shutting up.

Do you know who NVLM is?

ME SO TOO THINK THAT YEP biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Sep 25 2004, 04:04 AM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

EMOTICON LIMITS? WTFFF mellow.gif sad.gif Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif mad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Sep 25 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #6

Dazzlin' Darlin

He probably hasn't registered on the boards. And he probably won't end up taking a picture. But I'd be willing to bet all of his scores are real minus one or two errors he may have made entering them in. He's really, really, unbelievably good.

+Quote Post
waynec02
post Sep 25 2004, 01:23 PM
Post #7

Evergreen

Yeah, but this isn't about how good he is, that's already given. This is about him putting incorrect note counts... at least, I thought that's what the first post was about.

+Quote Post
flux
post Sep 25 2004, 01:40 PM
Post #8

Rising in the Sun

I might be wrong, but wasn't he lying about IIDX scores on Bemanistyle? I thought I heard of Ryan deleting his posts because they were all fake.
This is what I heard, anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 25 2004, 02:24 PM
Post #9

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I dunno, I have a photo of him AAA'ing Abyss Heavens on a 9th Style machine, so he can't be totally lying.

+Quote Post
~Amadeus~
post Sep 25 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #10

Rising in the Sun

* It's about accurate note counts and scores: he's just lazy, I guess, since he also entered a 442 combo on Missa HY (and doesn't bother to change the mods on any song he plays), but that makes me wonder how he keeps track of his combos and exact scores on some other songs.

* I think his scores may have been zeroed out because he plays IIDX on a computer simulator. I don't want to be a unwelcoming stickler about this, but are we allowing Pop'n AC scores on the Navy? I think we should, but I also think it is incumbent on people to provide photographic proof, at least until they establish some credibility.

* He might just be that good: I IM'd him once and asked how long he'd been playing: he said two years, which seems reasonable. I've only been playing about seven months, and could certainly see myself getting 95K on most 40-42s in early 2006. X_X

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image

+Quote Post
aechris
post Sep 25 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #11

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (rmz @ Sep 25 2004, 02:24 PM)
I dunno, I have a photo of him AAA'ing Abyss Heavens on a 9th Style machine, so he can't be totally lying.

Holy shit, post it. I want to see what him too looks yep there. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rmz
post Sep 25 2004, 08:10 PM
Post #12

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

Take at Muthos, coincidentally, which is where the famed Yasu, Take, and Aaron play DDR. Aaron actually took this picture, and it's hosted on AIJ.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Sep 25 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #13

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE (~Amadeus~ @ Sep 25 2004, 03:44 PM)
I don't want to be a unwelcoming stickler about this, but are we allowing Pop'n AC scores on the Navy? I think we should, but I also think it is incumbent on people to provide photographic proof, at least until they establish some credibility.

According to the help page, provisionally yes because unlike IIDX there are 'no major controller differences'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
flux
post Sep 25 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #14

Rising in the Sun

Remy said he'd accept AC scores, but you have to have a picture if anyone challenges it. Meaning, you need to take pictures of everything to keep safe, or make sure you can do it again.

Also, I'm not accusing him of lying (just pointing out the problems at BS), but keep in mind AAAing Abyss 7k on a 9th machine (huge JG window for that song) and getting 3 bads on Trauma punk EX S-random (or whatever) are two VERY different things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crono
post Sep 26 2004, 02:01 AM
Post #15

Evergreen

Peach Idol EX, Lovers Pop EX, and Snappy EX please. I'd like to say he's just really good, but the fact that he kind of posted the exact same Pop'n scores again and again for several weeks, the low AAA on the easiest song to score on on 9th, and other things kind of bother me. Pictures would be appreciated.

+Quote Post
Remy
post Sep 26 2004, 10:40 AM
Post #16

VJ Army is dead or alive

Could someone who actually talks to NVLM direct him towards this thread?

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post
qkumbr
post Sep 29 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #17

Dead Horse

QUOTE (flux @ Sep 25 2004, 01:40 PM)
I might be wrong, but wasn't he lying about IIDX scores on Bemanistyle? I thought I heard of Ryan deleting his posts because they were all fake.
This is what I heard, anyway.
a while ago, i remember he (NVLM) posted something like 200k on be in my paradise without any HS. then ferrari came forward and said something like, "psst... he plays on emulators/simulators." so that's all i know about that.

i'm a little disappointed over all the mundane "Gocha!" comments. NVLM (in my opinion) is a wealth of engrish goodness, and it's sad to see it all wasted on a single "word." regardless (and i think i speak for everyone here and on bemanistyle), <3 NVLM.

^ if i sounded thick-headed with my comments up there then please call me on it... i don't want to sound like an idiot =(.

i've also noticed that some of the speed mods he uses on some songs are low compared to what seems to be the hi speed of choice for that song (e.g. HS4 vs. HS8). but what do i know... i'm just another pop'n n00b. sad.gif

+Quote Post
~Amadeus~
post Oct 1 2004, 09:37 PM
Post #18

Rising in the Sun

Can we have some kind of a verdict here soon?? NVLM has had tons of time, and should've been well aware of the need to post pics or something in case of someone challenging him....(by the way this is actually me, Amadeus, posting)...Although I would like to hear from NVLM himself if possible, about all this simulators gossip...

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image

+Quote Post
CStarFlare
post Oct 1 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #19

The faithful live awake, the rest remain mislead

More than likely, he hasn't seen this thread yet.

He's usually on AIM in the mornings; I'll give him a link if I can get a hold of him tomorrow.

+Quote Post
NVLM_ZK
post Oct 2 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (waynec02 @ Sep 26 2004, 03:23 AM)
Yeah, but this isn't about how good he is, that's already given. This is about him putting incorrect note counts... at least, I thought that's what the first post was about.

The side there only merely misunderstood to "fake" it.

This one,All Score is "True"!!! Not "fake".
With, I'm Hardcore Player. When it says in fact, it is too good unusually at the skill about it.

Truly, it is not explanation.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2018 - 06:29 AM