2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GERO, CHKN, Glide EX
Songy
post Dec 1 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #21

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

I've noticed that Aubrey tends to goof around a lot and not really try hard on gay songs at TGA/Arcade and mostly goes for his scores in the comforts of his home or more comfortable setups.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toph
post Dec 1 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #22

No Mayoi No Life

From: *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*

I find that Bemani is more fun without a broomstick in your ass.

Take that how you will.

--------------------
溶け出せばどんくらいの世界が spread out?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1172326

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Dec 1 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #23

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Toph @ Dec 1 2006, 02:50 AM) *

Words to live by.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Akur0
post Dec 1 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #24

Banned Routine

QUOTE(Toph @ Dec 1 2006, 02:50 AM) *

Take that how you will.

QUOTE(XytharDX @ Dec 1 2006, 04:48 AM) *
Words to live by.

I'm also thirding this, when I saw him play at otakon setzer got first place by knocking out dewgy so I have no doubts that the guy is good.

how good I don't know but good enough

--------------------

+Quote Post
over there
post Dec 1 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #25

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Spiral Zer0 @ Dec 1 2006, 01:50 PM) *
I'm also thirding this, when I saw him play at otakon setzer got first place by knocking out dewgy so I have no doubts that the guy is good.

how good I don't know but good enough

From what I heard he did really badly at otakon, especially on flow beat and set's bean. I've seen him do bad at otakon, though, and he still passed mongol (my first 41) way before I did.

Broomstick ftl man.

+Quote Post
setzer
post Dec 1 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #26

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(otaku1313 @ Dec 1 2006, 04:54 PM) *
From what I heard he did really badly at otakon, especially on flow beat and set's bean.

my favorite was the 1014/1/~450 fail on sets bean ex due to me playing too hard for the dascs

--------------------
QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ May 25 2008, 01:23 AM) *
chucky ghostwrote the whip

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Dec 1 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #27

Dazzlin' Darlin

Aubrey-

I don't play anymore because I don't have the time. This jab was ambiguous and nonsensical, though, so I'm not exactly sure how to respond to it.

I am not suggesting that you or the administrator remove the scores you have posted, just that they aren't real. Whether you choose to refute my claim entirely (by means of posting some videos), heed it (by means of privating or removing your scores), or repudiate it (by means of nonaction) is entirely up to you. You would make me happiest if you performed the first of the options, but I doubt making me happy is your top priority, so do as you please.

To everyone else, I have only brought the possibility of dubious scores to your attention in an attempt to preserve the integrity of the Pop'n Navy. It appears that no one else finds the scores questionable, so it sounds like this discussion is essentially done. A few final notes, though:

1) Aubrey is unequivocally good at Pop'n Music. The degree of his skill is what I have indirectly been questioning.
2) As someone who has achieved perfect scores on level 40 charts, I can say with confidence and legitimacy that there is a significant difference between being good enough to beat Dewgy in a Pop'n tournament (this is not to say that Dewgy isn't good, just to say that he's not necessarily in the highest tier of US Poppers) and being good enough to achieve perfect scores on level 40 charts (as Aubrey claims he has done). From people I trust who have seen Aubrey play, I am under the impression that he is good in the sense that he can clear most 40+ charts, but not in the sense that he is achieving perfect scores on level 40 charts.
3) As I pointed out earlier, it's possible that Aubrey can 100K (for example) Des Bossa, Fortune Tale Beat, and Baroque Hoedown. I just personally don't believe that this is the case because his scores have been determined to be questionable (at the very least) in the past, he has admitted to me personally that he has lied about Pop'n scores in the past, and I have never personally seen him play.

This post has been edited by catchyphraseowen: Dec 1 2006, 11:01 PM

+Quote Post
Madek
post Dec 2 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #28

Truly A Fantastic

As someone who has achieved perfect scores on level 40 charts, I can say with confidence and legitimacy that there is a significant difference between being good enough to beat Dewgy in a Pop'n tournament (this is not to say that Dewgy isn't good, just to say that he's not necessarily in the highest tier of US Poppers) and being good enough to achieve perfect scores on level 40 charts (as Aubrey claims he has done). From people I trust who have seen Aubrey play, I am under the impression that he is good in the sense that he can clear most 40+ charts, but not in the sense that he is achieving perfect scores on level 40 charts.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2018 - 09:30 PM