2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Foxy III
FoxxyIchibo
post Mar 25 2005, 11:55 AM
Post #21

Evergreen

QUOTE(Random @ Mar 25 2005, 09:21 AM)
And don't go off on Remy like that. This is all his, and it's a great thing that he lets us all use it.

sad.gif~ I avoided saying anything bad about Remy for a reason

Sry Remy <3 <3

--------------------
I don't use a towel because I'm poor, sorry. :(~~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Mar 25 2005, 12:32 PM
Post #22

Dazzlin' Darlin

It's a lot of fun, but I don't like it when he can get away for like, four months, without answering a challange. These three scores aren't outrageous; I'm ahead of him on two of them and the third isn't too shocking either, but they're like the only three non-"just play the ending" scores on hard songs he has. So in conclusion, I just want to see picture of these and then I'll drop it.

For me, the Navy is only fun if everyone is telling the truth.

+Quote Post
FoxxyIchibo
post Mar 25 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #23

Evergreen

QUOTE(catchyphraseowen @ Mar 25 2005, 01:32 PM)
It's a lot of fun, but I don't like it when he can get away for like, four months, without answering a challange. These three scores aren't outrageous; I'm ahead of him on two of them and the third isn't too shocking either, but they're like the only three non-"just play the ending" scores on hard songs he has. So in conclusion, I just want to see picture of these and then I'll drop it.

For me, the Navy is only fun if everyone is telling the truth.

Omg saaad. I did post pictures in the other threads... h8r.
Lieing is for bad people and lawyers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Mar 25 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #24

Dazzlin' Darlin

No, you got like, two photos up of scores that weren't really significant. And all that was questioned in those was clear status, for all anyone knows your gauge could be set to 1 or something. All I want is some scores smile.gif.

+Quote Post
FoxxyIchibo
post Mar 26 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #25

Evergreen

QUOTE(catchyphraseowen @ Mar 25 2005, 09:05 PM)
No, you got like, two photos up of scores that weren't really significant. And all that was questioned in those was clear status, for all anyone knows your gauge could be set to 1 or something. All I want is some scores smile.gif.

Here you go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dewgy
post Mar 26 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #26

Tranoid

Before anyone brings anything up; those appear to be legit, at least to my eyes. The scanline distortion on the duplicate numbers (9, 8, etc) is unique for each, and even for the best Photoshoppers, that'd be a really challenging feat to pull off.

Challenge satisfied, I believe. It might not be a results screen, but it proves something.

...but why Chanson?

--------------------
QUOTE(enojy)
my technique for innocent walls...
on the song select screen, simply rotate the turntable clockwise or counter-clockwise directly past innocent walls.
QUOTE(Schlagwerk)
My technique for Innocent Walls:
Take both hands off the controller. Hold my arms out straight infront of me (zombie style). Extend middle fingers.
For best experience, keep middle fingers parallel and turned upright.

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Mar 26 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #27

Dazzlin' Darlin

I am satisfied. Haha.

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Mar 27 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #28

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(catchyphraseowen @ Mar 26 2005, 05:39 PM)
I am satisfied. Haha.

Lol, you've been waiting for this since mid-december. o_O;;

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
catchyphraseowen
post Mar 27 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #29

Dazzlin' Darlin

Yes, yes I have haha. Oh well, I'm happy knowing they're real. Now Remy just has to take care of the CALV guy biggrin.gif and we're set.

+Quote Post
saint
post Mar 27 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #30

Evergreen

QUOTE(Random @ Mar 25 2005, 09:21 AM)
I'll say it once, Foxxy's good. Damn good, I've been around while he's played.

He really isn't - probably not even in the top dozen players on here. People are probably challenging him because they don't like him and want to catch him in a lie (I can only speak for myself, but I don't like provocateurs and I REALLY don't like provocateurs who aren't even original), not because his scores are so mind-boggling.

Furthermore his jokes on here are damn funny, unless you don't realize that you're being far too uptight about something that shouldn't be such an issue.
His jokes are puerile at best, about as funny as watching chimps sling shit at each other in a cage. He just wants attention: if you choose to feed into that, that's your business, but it isn't your place to wax sanctimonious and lecture us about comedy.

(And I should point out that being a bit of a prick doesn't mean you can't be entertaining - damnimrob, on the old DDR boards, for example, was hilarious - but Foxxy just isn't. Not to mention he has contributed zero else to the forum/site/community/world.)

I suppose that next you'll be telling me that those Brazilian jerk-offs who took out the site were making a whimsical point about how silly it is to have ranking sites at all.

As long as it doesn't degenerate into blatant assclownery, nobody should take any real offense to any of this.

Way, way too late for that. Not to mention, Random, for someone who is so big on the potential community around this game, choosing to stand up for a person who is determined to exist solely to irritate others is an extremely questionable move.

+Quote Post
Kythlyn
post Mar 27 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #31

Rising in the Sun

QUOTE(saint @ Mar 27 2005, 02:28 PM)
He really isn't - probably not even in the top dozen players on here. People are challenging him because they don't like him (I can only speak for myself, but I don't like provocateurs and I REALLY don't like provocateurs who aren't even original), not because his scores are so mind-boggling.
His jokes are puerile at best, about as funny as watching chimps sling shit at each other in a cage. He just wants attention: if you choose to feed into that, that's your business, but it isn't your place to wax sanctimonious and lecture us about comedy.

I suppose that next you'll be telling me that those Brazilian jerk-offs who took out the site were making a whimsical point about how silly it is to have ranking sites at all.
Way, way too late for that. Not to mention, Random, for someone who is so big on the potential community around this game, choosing to stand up for a person who is determined to exist solely to irritate others is an extremely questionable move.

I think you're being a bit harsh... yeah, he should have posted his proof months ago, but he hasn't done anything half as irritating as the post you just rambled off. God forbid someone try to put a little humor in life.

--------------------
"If you smile at me, I will understand, 'cause that is something everybody everywhere does in the same language." -CSN

+Quote Post
saint
post Mar 27 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #32

Evergreen

QUOTE(Kythlyn @ Mar 27 2005, 04:41 PM)
I think you're being a bit harsh... yeah, he should have posted his proof months ago, but he hasn't done anything half as irritating as the post you just rambled off. God forbid someone try to put a little humor in life.

Being smarmy isn't the same thing as being funny, and if I'm being harsh it's because I want this to stick. Perhaps I need to be more specific. First, this is an internet ranking site. If you have a problem with people taking scores seriously, I don't know why you're here. Second, we have a small, tightly-knit group of largely cool people here, and that's worth maintaining. Someone who does nothing but step on other people's toes in the name of "proving a point" ruins that vibe for everyone.

+Quote Post
Random
post Mar 27 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #33

Dazzlin' Darlin

First of all, I got my second lol out of this thread with the Chanson pic. gg as always.

Secondly, I'm all for community. All communities have their jokers. What I'd like to point out is that in all of the Pop'n Navy stuff, the other players have called out Foxxy, not the other way around - he just chose to have some fun with the intense, almost comical level of seriousness surrounding the scores. Why was he called out? Because he's absolutely irreverent, whereas most to all of the other players at his level treat Pop'n like a religion. Myself included, which is why I'm coming to enjoy his theatrics.

You know what my vision of this community is? A group of intelligent people from several different walks of life, coming together on these and other boards to discuss this silly happy game they all enjoy. Andy warned us about elitism way back in July of last year, and boycotted it because he feared that this would happen. The site's supposed to be about seeing how you're progressing for your own sake, and to give yourself a little challenge - not to bring it to this level of competitiveness and anger. And if Foxxy decides to poke fun at it, for the love of god take it with a smile and a grain of salt. Because who gets overcompetitive about Pop'n Music, anyway. Leave that to the IIDX players. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Remy
post Mar 27 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #34

VJ Army is dead or alive

Regardless of all the conversations about what the community should or should not be, the challenge was successfully defended.

Locked.

--------------------
Make rigorous observations, and be prepared to cite your sources.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2018 - 08:09 AM