2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [PNN] Beta testing S-Challenge Support, Also: Back To The Pop'n 10 Future
Kaze
post Jul 26 2007, 04:27 PM
Post #21

Tranoid

QUOTE(Dewgy @ Jul 26 2007, 03:43 PM) *
If people have an issue with this affecting competition, make all of the scores for those games permanently private, or at least unranked, just so those of us who want a way to track our own scores on older games have a way to.

This is probably the best idea. It would be great as a way to track scores personally, but NOT so great as a ranker. Basically, here's why:

That would be a problem for exact verification, but all a user would need to do in this case is prove that an older score is believable by getting a similar result and snapping a picture.

Yeah, that worked REALLY well for me about 7 months ago when Carnival CS was new, right? I 100K'd Aisyu Euro EX and Melo Punk EX in the arcade, and did not take pictures because hey, I had an e-amuse card. Lucky me, I lost it later that week and I happen to be CHALLENGED for those scores. I explained my situation and tried my best to "getting a similar result and snapping a picture". I got a picture of 1 good on Melo Punk and 4 on Aisyu Euro because I couldn't get the same lucky random I had before. Those are pretty damn close, but alas, I was forced to change my Navy scores accordingly. If I did not have a picture of whatever it was exactly, then my Navy account had to reflect that likewise.

What makes you think this situation wouldn't apply to cools? As much as I'd hate to say it, but being a personal victim of that very scenario, getting a "similar" score and snapping a picture just won't slide.

Forced private scores is an amazing idea, but ranking? Not so much.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ParaParaKing
post Jul 27 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #22

Bailing Wonus

Private score tracking for cools on all Pop'n games would be nice. I have no idea how much coding this would take though.
And an option to show private scores to friends would be nice for this too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2018 - 10:12 PM