Kirby Kirby Kirb...
post May 26 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #81

Cosmic Cat

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

3.1.3 is truly a fantastic mockup.

You rock. However, why not make the box behind PC light blue, since that's the color code used in VJA?

However, VJ Army looks best not colored.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
security tubbs
post May 26 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #82

The Shadow

QUOTE(Kirby Kirby Kirby @ May 26 2006, 02:40 PM) *

+Quote Post
Santiago22
post May 26 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #83

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

You rock. However, why not make the box behind PC light blue, since that's the color code used in VJA?

However, VJ Army looks best not colored.

I took the AAA/AA/A/PC/FC colors from the pictures on http://vjarmy.com/wiki/index.php/VJA:Styles#Icons. PC is green and FC is yellow.

I think the "VJ ARMY" at the top looks out of place when not colored, considering how much color there is in all the other areas.

Also...

Did you plan that? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MaxxKata
post May 26 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #84

Rising in the Sun

It's beautiful. I do think something can be done about how the 9dan/5kyu section looks... will it scale for 10dan?

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post May 26 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #85

too busy for IIDX

I think 3.1.0 is best, personally.
FWIW I don't think we will have this much flexibility with fonts if we use GDlib. So whatever we end up doing will just be an approximation sad.gif (And when I say "we," I mean "Rura and Remy.")

+Quote Post
rura
post May 27 2006, 02:46 AM
Post #86

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Mafia Boss @ May 26 2006, 11:17 PM) *
FWIW I don't think we will have this much flexibility with fonts if we use GDlib. So whatever we end up doing will just be an approximation sad.gif (And when I say "we," I mean "Rura and Remy.")

Actually the GDlib built on the server supports freetype so if we have the fonts in that format we can use them. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post May 28 2006, 11:56 AM
Post #87

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

I really like those mockups, I really really like them, but I didn't mean to suggest that the sig graphic needed changing. I was just trying to argue why all of the stats that VJA currently shows are good and why they're worth keeping. Although, you do that, so cool. smile.gif Style-wise I actually prefer fewer colors but I also like how AAA is gold so I guess I'm happy either way. (Is that oldschool Nyah and Yuz in the new BG? I can't see.)

My only complaint is how you added the class ranking numbers. At the bottom of the entry counts they look like totals and I seriously thought that Blah had 5,000 DPs and 9 Dillion SPs even though I knew better. It's not very clear that those are total scores entered. If it makes life easier, and I'm sure this suggestion will, don't support the kyu rankings. To be a 1-DAN you only have to clear some 3s on either SP or DP. If you're not up to songs with 350 notes yet then you're probably not keeping track of your scores either. You still can't write "Dan or "Rank" or "Class" or whatever on the BG because you need to be able to *not* draw it for players who have no class mode data. But I have have this silly concern that "7 kyu > 6 dan".

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post May 28 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #88

Banned Routine

Some of those are really good. I just wish there was a way to keep the original idea with the bars showing the amount of A/AA/AAA's on each difficulty; I like that more than overall entires. I don't really have any problem (at all) with the way it is now, but these are cool too.

But we should be able to have custom backgrounds behind them. XD

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 28 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #89

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Will we be keeping the original design as an option if we change it? I'm not really that interested in showing people the number of scores I have entered, especially if it makes the image larger.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago22
post May 29 2006, 03:39 AM
Post #90

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(MaxxKata @ May 26 2006, 05:53 PM) *
It's beautiful. I do think something can be done about how the 9dan/5kyu section looks... will it scale for 10dan?

See bottom of this post.

QUOTE(Mafia Boss @ May 26 2006, 09:17 PM) *

The Grade counts and such are ugly on 3.1.0. Eww I'm not going back to that.

QUOTE(Catastrophe @ May 28 2006, 09:56 AM) *
Is that oldschool Nyah and Yuz in the new BG? I can't see.

[stuff about class mode]
To be a 1-DAN you only have to clear some 3s on either SP or DP.
[stuff about note counts]
You still can't write "Dan or "Rank" or "Class" or whatever on the BG because you need to be able to *not* draw it for players who have no class mode data. [more stuff]

Yes, that's Yuz and Nyah from 2nd style in the background.

1-Dan is only 3s? I've tried going up from 7-kyu on two or three styles and I'm getting 5s at like 2-kyu. *scratches head* Am I going about Class Mode all wrong? I'd like to at least get to 1-dan but the highest I've passed is 3-kyu.

Re: writing "Dan/Rank/Class" on the background: dammit. sad.gif (see end of post)

QUOTE(Axem Rangers @ May 28 2006, 10:58 AM) *
Some of those are really good. I just wish there was a way to keep the original idea with the bars showing the amount of A/AA/AAA's on each difficulty; I like that more than overall entires. I don't really have any problem (at all) with the way it is now, but these are cool too.

But we should be able to have custom backgrounds behind them. XD

Yeah, I liked the bars for difficulties-vs-grades too, but on the first mockup they were really ugly and I just threw them together in like 5-10 minutes just as a rough draft. After that I couldn't really figure out a way to do them so they would 1) look nice 2) not take up a lot of additional screen area and 3) not totally own the server hardware during the generation periods.

And I totally support the idea of custom backgrounds.

QUOTE(XytharDX @ May 28 2006, 03:46 PM) *
Will we be keeping the original design as an option if we change it? I'm not really that interested in showing people the number of scores I have entered, especially if it makes the image larger.

Not my call, but I would support that idea as well.

Now then...

3.1.3.1.511.573.588.613.wall5 (ok it's not quite that bad yet lol):

Honestly, I only started doing these as an excuse to play with photoshop haha.

This post has been edited by Santiago22: May 29 2006, 03:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
haxored
post May 29 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #91

Evergreen

I will assist with any gdlib needs you may have. ninja.gif

--------------------
Hey buddy... wanna buy an iPod?