Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [VJA] 2.9 Deployed, Not-My-Doing Release
Isaru
post May 23 2006, 05:00 AM
Post #41

Evergreen

What do you guys think of something kinda like this? It has all the extra data AFAIK.

I know the fonts look all deformed and crappy; it's because I have no artistic skill.

QUOTE(Oddity @ May 19 2006, 07:23 PM) *
As for the timestamp improvements, what about adding just a comment at a later date? Should the timestamp be updated accordingly? Dunno what it does now.

I was curious about this as well.

This post has been edited by Isaru: May 23 2006, 05:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blah
post May 23 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #42

Tranoid

QUOTE(Isaru @ May 23 2006, 05:00 AM) *
What do you guys think of something kinda like this? It has all the extra data AFAIK.

I know the fonts look all deformed and crappy; it's because I have no artistic skill.
I was curious about this as well.

That would be okay... it'd be better to have number of scores entered instead of user ID though.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
QUOTE(darkmage @ Feb 26 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]53078[/snapback]

lets all enjoy pressing buttons, regardless of whether or not we may be good at it. and lets press buttons to maytag repairman and other such classic tunes.

+Quote Post
jammitch!
post May 23 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #43

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Much in the same way the TR sig tried not to duplicate anything on the VJA sig, the VJA sig shouldn't go back and dupe information (like number of entries) on the TR sig.

Also, I can never remember the kanji numbers so I'd rather see Arabic numerals instead.

--------------------
Ode to RAM
ALL RIGHT, ACT HIGH and LOW
SWITCH to the LAB and FEEL IT SNOW

He had found a Slake-o-Matic machine which had provided him with a compact disc filled with a sound that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike music.

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post May 23 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #44

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

I think user number somewhere would be cool

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post May 23 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #45

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

I think the location string could get rather large outside of the US. Even "USA: California" is looking a bit big.
Not unless outside the US, you just get your country.

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
blackstar
post May 23 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #46

Rising in the Sun

If I edit a score I previously entered it doesn't let me select my hi-speed and also removes whatever hi-speed I had.

Help?

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
rura
post May 23 2006, 08:17 PM
Post #47

Dazzlin' Darlin

What browser is this occurring in? I can't reproduce in Safari, Opera, Firefox, or IE6.

You may also try logging out and back in.

+Quote Post
blackstar
post May 23 2006, 08:20 PM
Post #48

Rising in the Sun

Weird, it's not doing that anymore...

I was using Firefox 1.0.7 but it might have been some random glitch.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post May 24 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #49

Banned Routine

Just as a general sort of thing, I enjpy all the sexiness that VJA is getting, but where's the love for Pop'n Navy? ;-;

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
Catastrophe
post May 24 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #50

Human Sequencer Wannabe

DJ Battle This User

First, if you're getting random PMs from people bragging about how they pwned your Bs then there are at least two things wrong with that and neither of them have anything to do with your public scores or your sig graphic.

I thought about the problem some more and I decided that the real problem is that there is no good way to infer useful information from any sort of counter if that counter has a low value. If you pretend that we're playing DDR and you look at just the AAA count then you won't be able to tell RYRY from a total noob, although Oddity looks impressive either way. If you look at just DJPs then CSTAR looks bad/average. In all cases really low numbers cover the quality of the scores. However, really large numbers do mean something good. Oddity has ~2000 AAAs so it is safe to assume that he hasn't merely whored out L7. Someone with 11000 DJPs from singles play alone must have an average of a FC+AAA on normal and an average of HC+A on hyper and another. That's about as close to writing "I've cleared hyper!" on the sig graphic as is possible. Personally, I think that everyone who has cleared Innocent Walls on hyper should go back and score an average of 9.3 DJPs per song on normal just for the sake of making their counters self-evident. However, because IIDX has so many games, this would be a 200+ hour task for people who haven't been keeping up with the series. If you've 'only' been playing for 2 years then you've 'only' been able to play the last 4 of the 9 games when they were new. So I've got another idea.

Also, very few people play doubles and even fewer people care about comparing DP scores. Merging the scores into one graphic gives way too much credit to people like Freiza and I. Because most people only care about singles play and because most people only have SP in their sig it's kind of unfair for me to boast 300/500/500 As when I have more DP As than I do SP non-As.

This should take care of everything. I'm not an artist but I did use Arial and System for the fonts, which I what I think VJA uses. First, I put SP and DP in separate images because I estimate that approximately 20 people care about the latter. This forum would automatically put only the SP image to the left of your post if you specify your VJA ID. (Unless you guys don't mind the vertical scroll that people with VJA and PNN usually produce?) Second, I don't mean to pick on anyone (sorry MIAB, I picked you because I recognized you), but the letter 'G' is as wide as the letter 'W' and has the advantage of not looking like \/\/\/\/\/\/\/ when used to show the longest possible DJ name in my mockup. There are four changes I've made to the current sig graphic. The first is the FC now includes your PC count. I'm actually kind of proud of my PC count, but I needed the space. The next change is that "%" shows the percentage of all scores entered for SP. So if there are 1750 charts on singles play and you enter scores for all of the 8s and higher then you might have a 32% here. The third change is that your average percentile across all of your entries is displayed in the upper right. The fourth change is that you recieve a different background image depending on your achievement ranking, kind of like how PNN has 3 different backgrounds for the rediculous people (except that PNN is still just all counters, really).

NOW you can tell which play style someone has by looking at their sig. If the person is like VGTA or RYRY then they'll have a high AAA count, a high percentile in the upper right, 10-dan, and few scores entered. This tells everyone: "I'm only here for the crowns, and you're not good enough to DJ battle me." I don't want to single anyone out, but it might also be possible for someone to have 1000 AAAs, scores on almost nothing else and a mediocre percentile. This tells everyone: "I'm doing this DDR style and I never play anything after I've AAAed it." And then my sig graphic will have scores for everything and (hopefully) a 65% percentile which means: "Battle me!" I also thought it might be clever, since these are greyscale mockups, to tint the image blue if someone is a normal 7/14 whore. But I think what I have is enough.

--------------------
Life is short. Don't YOLO too hard. :P

+Quote Post
MaxxKata
post May 25 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #51

Rising in the Sun

Who says we even need AAA/AA/A/etc: (number) HI I TAKE UP WAY TOO MUCH SPACE
I propose color-coding the AAA/AA/A/etc counts and placing them in a seperarate row,
eg.

or maybe

This post has been edited by MaxxKata: May 25 2006, 02:01 AM

+Quote Post
Jadin
post May 25 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #52

I♥prat fall

I think a good solution would be:
Average % per song

but it's funny, I don't think anyone complained about the sig graphic until now (aside from a couple things not working 100%)

--------------------
[21:17:43] <+Jadin> sry I fell asleep making spaghetti

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post May 25 2006, 05:05 AM
Post #53

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I think they're fine as they are.

The most I'd say to do would maybe be to move the columns closer together and squeeze in dan rankings (or widen / heighten the image) but it's not really that necessary. And I think anything extra would clutter it up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dog$
post May 25 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #54

Rising in the Sun

Stuff looks good, compliments all around. That's all.

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post May 25 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #55

too busy for IIDX

QUOTE(jammitch! @ May 23 2006, 12:29 PM) *
Much in the same way the TR sig tried not to duplicate anything on the VJA sig, the VJA sig shouldn't go back and dupe information (like number of entries) on the TR sig.

I don't really agree with that logic. I don't see anything wrong with the VJA sig taking over some aspects of what the TR sig covers now. Honestly, TR updates have been so sporadic recently that I took down my TR sig.

+Quote Post
Santiago22
post May 25 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #56

Dazzlin' Darlin

DJ Battle This User

Figured I'd take a shot at this.

The AAA/AA/A/PC/FC/DJP is obvious.

The bars are showing how much for each statistic is on each difficulty.
- Blue: Light7/Normal
- Orange: 7key/Hyper
- Red: Another
The more of each portion, the more of that statistic is made up by the indicated difficulty.

SP and DP class below that.
User ID at bottom left.

Stuff I don't like:
The colors are too bright. I'll probably just re-theme the whole thing later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blah
post May 25 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #57

Tranoid

Having a colored bar is a GOOD IDEA.

Why is everyone so intent on having the user ID number on the image? I don't understand, I'd much prefer having the number of scores entered.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

lets all enjoy pressing buttons, regardless of whether or not we may be good at it. and lets press buttons to maytag repairman and other such classic tunes.

+Quote Post
rmz
post May 25 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #58

Neophyte

DJ Battle This User

I really like that colored-bar idea to show what grades are on which difficulties. Plus it looks nice!

+Quote Post
Blue Rain
post May 25 2006, 11:27 PM
Post #59

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

i would play doubles if i had a second controller tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Saiyajin @ Jul 9 2009, 01:51 AM) *
Good thing there are PS2 -> PS3 adaptors... If IIDX goes triple, I'm definitely sold on the system even if though it's big enough to crush me to death in my sleep.

+Quote Post
blah
post May 25 2006, 11:41 PM
Post #60

Tranoid

QUOTE(Faker13 @ May 25 2006, 11:27 PM) *
i would play doubles if i had a second controller tongue.gif

I'll sell you a JP KOC for $45 shipped. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2018 - 04:31 PM