35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pop'n music Milestones Thread 2, Now with less dramas
Fungi
post May 30 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #661

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

My usual playstyle involved a good amount of force for better timing, but I've been practicing opening up my hands and using a lighter, quicker touch. (requires soft buttons, my home arcade uses 100g springs I think)

and then just practice weirdo things like after party EX SRAN, emotional SRAN, and less dense 180BPM+ songs like drum'n'core or kimono princess on random
uen's chart is pretty much "a decent random" so I feel practicing random really helped with this one

Now if only I knew how to end SCALE OUT with even half gauge... the last mess of notes (not the ending) drains my life completely.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
linus
post May 31 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #662

Tranoid

QUOTE (Fungi @ May 31 2013, 08:16 AM) *
My usual playstyle involved a good amount of force for better timing, but I've been practicing opening up my hands and using a lighter, quicker touch. (requires soft buttons, my home arcade uses 100g springs I think)

and then just practice weirdo things like after party EX SRAN, emotional SRAN, and less dense 180BPM+ songs like drum'n'core or kimono princess on random
uen's chart is pretty much "a decent random" so I feel practicing random really helped with this one

Now if only I knew how to end SCALE OUT with even half gauge... the last mess of notes (not the ending) drains my life completely.

WHAT!? How can you pass uen and fail scale out!? That's... unheard of... Beating_a_Dead_Horse.gif

Do you mean the mess starting at 2:11? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D271feZ2pfI
My advice is open wide your left hand and MOVE. Especially for 3->2->1->3->2+4->1, they are easy to hit if you are willing to move with some strength so don't miss any of them.
For the mess at 2:17 just hit 2468->3579, easy enough huh? That way you can get out of it without falling out of red easily. Personally I just can't hit the last quad chords lol. Other parts are bearable.

--------------------
TRANの真の敵はTatsh

Q: Tatsh is the real enemy of Tran, why?

A: THE DIRTY OF LOUDNESS

+Quote Post
LongGone
post Jun 7 2013, 03:02 AM
Post #663

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE (linus @ May 25 2013, 02:34 AM) *
YES.

Thats my dream pass/longterm goal ;_;

My short term goal now is flow beat EX..

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Aug 3 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #664

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

speed dance (gaia) random clear whee
almost almost accomplishment: 4 more bars to scale out... and 35 misses, so I guess I need to get less misses at the end

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 18 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #665

Tranoid

Wow, just cleared these yesterday. My 2nd and 3rd lvl 49 song clears. Also finally cleared Graviol EX (kept messing up the ending), and that Beast Metal EX song that I just unlocked...still a lot of lvl 48s left to clear though.
I also FC'ed Afro Percussion Party EX, my 2nd lvl46 FC.

Vellum EX border clear (I remember when I first started playing again a few months ago this song and Nomadic Nation both destroyed me, now I've cleared both, yay!)

Screen EX (hadn't played this one in forever)

I almost cleared Classic 9 EX as well...pretty close, they gave me a star! tongue.gif

--------------------
My Pop'n List

President of the SuPa |L�| Fanclub! Oh, YEAH!!!1
QUOTE (Amadeus)
U JUST GOT SHUNZZIED BIZOTCH! :O

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Aug 26 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #666

Tranoid

Cleared some more 48's.

Progressive EX (Concertino in Blue) had the border fail before now with a border clear.

Kagrunge EX, had a border fail before now I have a border clear on it as well. I kept messing up on the ending.

Also unlocked and cleared Essentially EX (True Blue). Doesn't seem too difficult as I cleared it with only about 20 misses and a full bar.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Aug 27 2013, 04:16 AM
Post #667

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

true blue is like a tamer but faster version of muhon trance
great to play on random

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 4 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #668

Tranoid

QUOTE (Fungi @ Aug 27 2013, 05:16 AM) *
true blue is like a tamer but faster version of muhon trance
great to play on random

Well I think Muhon is much harder than True Blue. I still do pretty awful on Muhon, but have no trouble with True Blue. I should practice it more. True Blue would probably be fun on random, but I'm still trying to get better at 41's on random (errr...47's now). I've been playing a lot of random lately and it's definitely helping me to improve.

Just unlocked Beach Side Bunny and cleared it as well.

Also cleared Jomanda as well.

About 70% of the level 48's clear now, a lot left to clear though. Still sitting at 98% clear on the 47's because of damn Evans. I should try it on Mirror, I might do better at the end.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Sep 4 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #669

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I really need to get back into pop'n. Though at this point I'm probably better off just trying to buy a machine or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 5 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #670

Tranoid

It's always good to get back into things. I stopped playing pop'n for about 1-1.5 years and just started up again a few months ago and I'm better than I was before I stopped. I wish I could buy a machine, but I just don't have the space in my tiny JP apartment, heh. We love pop'n music!

Played a bit more tonight as they had their 100 yen for 2 credits special today.

Dream Champuru EX cleared (border fail before).

That does put me at over 70% of the 48's cleared. Only 14 more left I believe (not including ones I haven't unlocked like Valanga)

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Sep 6 2013, 10:54 AM
Post #671

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

jomanda is so hard, harder than evans IMO
evans on mirror will put your left hand to the test; are you ready emot-colbert.gif

I've been somewhat working on taking down classic9 but it's so goddamn hard I have no clue

+Quote Post
chubs
post Sep 6 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #672

Rising in the Sun

Oh nice people still post here. I haven't been here in forever but I just got this yesterday and I feel like telling the world!

Now I just gotta get scale out (hate the song/chart and haven't really seriously tried to clear it yet) and ill be the only us player (as far as I know) who has cleared all the 49s.

Also fungi wtf how can you have cleared this and not classic 9 you are weird, I have a goddamn diamond on it. Do you use hat cuz that it's pretty much the only way to go as far as I'm concerned. I doubt I could beat it w/o a hat

Edit: what the goddamn motherfuck why won't it let me post pictures. Whatever here's the link it's a uen clear
i.imgur.com/P05Q52f.jpg

+Quote Post
linus
post Sep 8 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #673

Tranoid

More like how can you guys cleared uen and not Scale out you are weird etc.

I had already given up uen and started working on toy con instead :x

--------------------
TRANの真の敵はTatsh

+Quote Post
chubs
post Sep 9 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #674

Rising in the Sun

I'm sure I can but that would mean I have to play it and I'm not looking forward to that at all.
Also classic 9 is way easier than both of those imo unless your not using hat.
Anyway are you close to beating toycon at all? Can you get past the 2nd hard part with any bar? I gave up on trying to beat that song long ago but who knows maybe I'll try again one of these days. Also brandon said murakumo was easier maybe you should go for that too

+Quote Post
ErAseRmoTor maXi...
post Sep 9 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #675

The Shadow

murakumo's roughly exactly precisely about 999x easier for clearing than toycon

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 12 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #676

Tranoid

Well I guess it's just what you're good at. I do terrible on Evans (at the end), but Jomanda isn't so bad. I think I'll be able to clear Classic 9 sometime in the near future and I've only cleared 3 lvl 49's...

There's this one guy who also plays at the same arcade and he does pretty well on toycon, has cleared it and always does pretty well on it, but he doesn't do well at all on Murakumo. Another guy who I've seen has cleared Dirge and every other 49 except for Niente.

@chubs: congrats on the clear. Have you cleared the other 49's on Sunny Park like C18H27NO3?

@fungi: have you tried using mirror on Scale Out? Sometimes it helps me to try stuff on mirror. This person does well on mirror: Scale Out EX mirror video (there are other mirror videos there as well like toycon, murakumo, dirge...)

I finally unlocked Art Core (Valanga!) and managed to border clear it after a few tries. I had a full bar going into the end and almost lost it. That's the toughest part, imo. I like the song and chart for this one.

Also cleared Black Heat as well. Previously was a star fail. I just do better with mirror on this song.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Sep 12 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #677

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

I've actually been playing EVERYTHING on mirror lately since I know my left hand is shitty and even shittier when it has to hit 6(+4)
but no, scale out didn't get very easy on mirror sad.gif

+Quote Post
linus
post Sep 12 2013, 12:15 PM
Post #678

Tranoid

QUOTE (chubs @ Sep 10 2013, 02:01 AM) *
I'm sure I can but that would mean I have to play it and I'm not looking forward to that at all.
Also classic 9 is way easier than both of those imo unless your not using hat.
Anyway are you close to beating toycon at all? Can you get past the 2nd hard part with any bar? I gave up on trying to beat that song long ago but who knows maybe I'll try again one of these days. Also brandon said murakumo was easier maybe you should go for that too

No. But I just need to have more bars before the hard part.

QUOTE (ErAseRmoTor maXimUM @ Sep 10 2013, 08:43 AM) *
murakumo's roughly exactly precisely about 999x easier for clearing than toycon

NO

--------------------
TRANの真の敵はTatsh

+Quote Post
Smbu
post Sep 15 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #679

Tranoid

Yes, Classic 9 EX cleared! My 4th lvl 49 song! This was on random which I've been playing a lot lately. I've star failed on normal though as well.

I tried Evans on mirror and I do much better on it at the end on mirror. I just need to practice it more.

I also unlocked Zirkfied and it's tough. I had like 55 misses on it, but I never really felt like I was doing well on the song. I get about the same on Judgment, but I'm usually doing alright on it until the very end.

@Fungi: I tried Scale Out on mirror and I did better on it than I do on normal. I'm still horrible at it though, haha. Oh and what's your popn tomo id again? I used to have it before, but I never updated my popn tomo list on Sunny Park and now Fantasia is over so I can't check on that anymore.

Mine is 2396-9008-1638 for anybody who wants to add me.

--------------------
My Pop'n List

QUOTE (Amadeus)

+Quote Post
Fungi
post Sep 17 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #680

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

4212-9101-4135
I had you added for the longest time and you never added me back so I thought you were never using eamuse features again sad.gif

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2018 - 08:14 PM