IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help with tatsujin video encoding and capturing, Youtube sync issues, also capturing complications
DanAdamKOF
post Oct 9 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #1

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Hey, maybe some of you have seen my old, pitiful BMUS tatsujins in which I played some songs on super-slow speeds on Beginner on youtube. Well, I recently made 11 new tatsujins showing my improvement (using 6th and RED). Problem is, just like last time I made tatsujins and put them on youtube, the new ones aren't in sync either.

Here's the only one I have uploaded (nowhere near the most impressive video I made that night but it was the first one off the camera): http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZceolAN1kW0

Here's what GSpot says about my video:

How should I go about converting this to a file that YouTube will play in-sync?

Another question. I want to try making those fancy tatsujins where you can see the screen (which was captured), with a video of my hands superimposed on the right side of the image. My current capture card is a ATI TV Wonder Pro, but soon I'm gonna get a Hauppague BT8x8-based card similar to what I had at home.

Anyway, I'm prtty sure that DScaler takes the video from the drivers for my card (or something) rather than accessing the chip directly. When I tried to capture the screen before, I had VirtualDub record in the background, and quickly alt-tabbed to DScaler, and tried to play through the song. Problem was, DScaler was all choppy and showed maybe one frame every second. It wasn't my PC (I was capturing in RGB, and my PC is more than powerful enough to not have DScaler get that choppy), but I think it was because both programs at once were trying to access the video stream.

The reason I used VirtualDub to capture was that DScaler, back when I first started using it two or so years ago, wasn't really that good for capturing video, and I haven't heard anything new about it to make me think that more recent versions are better at capturing video. If DScaler has gotten better at capturing, I guess I could use that, and I bet it would display the video smoothly while I was playing it (I don't have another method of viewing my PS2, after all I do live in a college apartment now).

If DScaler still isn't good at capturing, will the problem of DScaler not properly displaying the video while VirtualDub is capturing be fixed if I use a BT8x8-based card?

If I need to clarify something, please let me know, and I'll clear it up.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chaos-343
post Jun 1 2007, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

Well, for my nub tatsujin I recorded the video and compressed it to MPEG-4 with virtual dub and the video uploaded on sync. So, ya try Virtual Dub.

+Quote Post
over there
post Jun 2 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #3

World's Biggest Xythar Fan No Longer

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

I just record mine from camera, rip in windows movie maker (iMovie is nicer if you have it), then make a file for each video I want in .wmv format. .wmvs have never been off for me on youtube.

+Quote Post
DanAdamKOF
post Jun 13 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #4

The Shadow

DJ Battle This User

Wow, didn't expect to see any responses! Next time I make videos with my camera I'll use Windows Movie Maker.

Anyone know a solution for my capturing issues?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 07:43 PM