IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

61 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brag about your strange conception of difficulty, "meh A is nothing compared to SumVac"
Tau
post Jul 25 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #1

HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS RICE AND THE EFFECT OF EATING RICE

Actual (shortened) quote from someone on an IRC channel I hang around on.

This seems to be the fashionable thing to do lately, so I'll start. IMHO:
  • The first wall on Holic[a] is way harder than the second one seeing as the second has no scratches
  • Abyss THR, Distress and Make a Difference are a lot easier to clear with Hard mode
  • (from Milestones) I've passed G2[a], Blame[a], Spiral Galaxy[a]. But without Random I've never finished The Safari 7k above like 30%
  • No. 13 7k is nothing compared to One or Eight or moon_child (on 7k I mean)
  • I don't understand why Genom Screams[a] is hard
  • The same person who made the title quote actually suggested that Atomic Age[a] has a harder ending than A 7k. I wanted to slap him (faster maybe harder FUCK NO)
  • I prefer to use Colors Y&Co [a] to unlock the Sakura background on 8th Style. Abstract[a] seems to be the natural choice but it completely rapes me in the face on Hard.

--------------------
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Jan 16 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Hot and Dangerous scratching. Makes "Big." by FullMetal Tortoise look like something Gosaku would play.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mistykz
post Jul 25 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

i can clear g2[a] a bit above 50% of the time, the 7k consistently, yet the L7 less than the [a]. no joke.

--------------------
QUOTE("Azure")
Kamikaze[A] and No. 13[7K] are N O T H I N G compared to the ass-raping known as V[7K].

+Quote Post
TheKnightOfNee
post Jul 25 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #3

LOOKIN AT GIRLZ BUTTZ

DJ Battle This User

A is the most impossible 7k CS song there is. I've always finished with 2%. No. 13 is the only other one I can't clear, and I'm only a small percent short of clearing it.

I can finish 250bpm [a] with 100% almost consistently. I still can't pass Cradle [a].

I've AA'ed Gambol L7 and 7k and e-motion 7k, but I have on A on Brazilian Rhyme 7k, Cloudy Music 7k, and Dong-Tepo No.1 7k.

I've AA'ed Paranoia Survivor Max [a] and Rottel the Mercury [a]. I have an A on Starmine [a], Flowtation [a], and Abyss THR [a].

Spica [a], No. 13 [a], Xenon [a], and Nebula Grasper [a] are the only songs I still have D's on. Everything else I can C or better. Those 4 songs are the hardest for me to time. I have 5% less expoints on Xenon than the next lowest song.

I WIN

--------------------
Twitter: @heyitsRockdan
QUOTE (chickensnack @ Jan 13 2007, 07:11 PM)
The sequel to 2Hot2Eat will be called The Hot and the Eat: Tokyo Drift

+Quote Post
blah
post Jul 25 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Tranoid

QUOTE(TheKnightOfNee @ Jul 25 2005, 04:46 PM)
Spica [a], No. 13 [a], Xenon [a], and Nebula Grasper [a] are the only songs I still have D's on.

I just recently got everything up to a C, but the last 2 I got were Spica [a] and Xenon [a].. I'm guessing that's pretty normal.

Kakumei [a] and 5.1.1. [a] are incredibly easy for me to clear. I still can't clear Let the Snow Paint Me remix [a] or Advance [a] though. huh.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image
QUOTE(darkmage @ Feb 26 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]53078[/snapback]

lets all enjoy pressing buttons, regardless of whether or not we may be good at it. and lets press buttons to maytag repairman and other such classic tunes.

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 25 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #5

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Tau @ Jul 25 2005, 05:29 PM)
No. 13 7k is nothing compared to One or Eight or moon_child (on 7k I mean)

INSNANITY

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thunderbird
post Jul 25 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(blah @ Jul 25 2005, 03:06 PM)
I just recently got everything up to a C, but the last 2 I got were Spica [a] and Xenon [a].. I'm guessing that's pretty normal.

Kakumei [a] and 5.1.1. [a] are incredibly easy for me to clear. I still can't clear Let the Snow Paint Me remix [a] or Advance [a] though.  huh.gif

You are nuts tongue.gif. I have no issues with Advance[A], but cannot come anywhere near clearing Kakumei (7K or A) or 5.1.1[A].

+Quote Post
blah
post Jul 25 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #7

Tranoid

QUOTE(Thunderbird @ Jul 25 2005, 06:45 PM)
You are nuts tongue.gif. I have no issues with Advance[A], but cannot come anywhere near clearing Kakumei (7K or A) or 5.1.1[A].

Yeah. I come out of the nasty scratch part with ~90% and then get all bads on the roll EVERY time. I need to hit up training mode on that and figure out what's going on.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

lets all enjoy pressing buttons, regardless of whether or not we may be good at it. and lets press buttons to maytag repairman and other such classic tunes.

+Quote Post
Tau
post Jul 25 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #8

HOW TO COOK DELICIOUS RICE AND THE EFFECT OF EATING RICE

Oh christ, G2. I cleared the 7k way way before I cleared the L7 (the 7k was I think the second or third flashy that I cleared).

I cleared B4U before Cloudy Music.

EDIT: Also a lot of people seem to think No.13 > One or Eight. Okay WTF, one or eight has a shitton of scratching randomly intermixed with jackhammering that basically makes it a murder to play, and a rather evil final measure to boot. No.13 has a slightly evil ending but it's ... I dunno. It's really very regular and easy to bend your fingers around, as compared to say Safari's or Holic[a]'s chords/jacks.

EDIT2: Oh and why in the name of christ do people find V 7k's rolls to be OMG IMPOSSIBLE. If you can drum your fingers on a tabletop you can do those rolls. Seriously wtf is so hard about them

--------------------
QUOTE (Junglist King @ Jan 16 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Hot and Dangerous scratching. Makes "Big." by FullMetal Tortoise look like something Gosaku would play.

+Quote Post
Saiyajin
post Jul 25 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Alleged Comic Genius

DJ Battle This User

V another was the last song that I cleared.

No.13 another is so strange... My timing is so bad on that song. The first day I got No.13 another, I got my high score. That was also the same time when I had a sprained ring finger on my right hand. Now I always get -200 or -150. one time I got 153k and was really happy, but it was still -150 expoints. I got a lower miss count by 2, but still -150.

I got about -2 expoints or so from the AAA of Bring her Down another over a year ago, and I still can't AAA it. But in the process of trying a long time ago, I did full combo it, with -12 expoints from my highest score to date.

I can't hit notes. Someone explain that one to me. Why my timing is so good, but my note hitting ability is SO bad.

BTW, I still fail holic another 99% of the time.

--------------------
«air IIDX guitar - Your personal entertainer.»
QUOTE (cstarflare @ July 31st, 2007. 3:35:18)
CAN'T RUN FROM THAT, BABE

+Quote Post
deathrazor
post Jul 25 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #10

fffff

QUOTE(Tau @ Jul 25 2005, 08:12 PM)
EDIT: Also a lot of people seem to think No.13 > One or Eight. Okay WTF, one or eight has a shitton of scratching randomly intermixed with jackhammering that basically makes it a murder to play, and a rather evil final measure to boot. No.13 has a slightly evil ending but it's ... I dunno. It's really very regular and easy to bend your fingers around, as compared to say Safari's or Holic[a]'s chords/jacks.

Uhh maybe it's because No.13 is faster than 1or8, plus some people can do the scratching just fine (like me). Also the final measure is easy as fuck.

Note I am talking 7k, but still.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WILD RIDE
post Jul 25 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #11

WILD RIDE

DJ Battle This User

I still don't see what's hard about No.13 [7]. I can't hard clear it or anything, but I've played it four or five times and every time I've ended in the 76% - 86% range (failed the 3rd time, and only the third time). It's no harder to clear than Take it Easy [7] or [A] (which totally isn't an 11*). Take it Easy = No.13 >>> Make A Difference > One or Eight >>> stoic = The Safari = A > Distress

And V [7] is the only REAL 8* I can consistently get an A on. The chords are incredibly easy to time. It's the begining I have trouble with.

And Rislim's rolls are easy.

--------------------
WILD RIDE

+Quote Post
chotto kiitena
post Jul 25 2005, 11:21 PM
Post #12

INFERNO

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

QUOTE(Tau @ Jul 25 2005, 09:12 PM)

EDIT2: Oh and why in the name of christ do people find V 7k's rolls to be OMG IMPOSSIBLE. If you can drum your fingers on a tabletop you can do those rolls. Seriously wtf is so hard about them

No. 13's just too fast for me to be able to play. It's only like 20 BPM faster than One or Eight, but that makes enough of a difference between me clearing the song and barely being able to C it. Scratching's never been much of a problem for me (other than Halfway of Promise another :/) and I'm much better at slow jackhammers than fast streams simply because they're slower.

V's rolls would be easy if you didn't have to do two at once. Obviously, I have no trouble with the L7, but the 7K makes me move my hands to be able to hit the second drumroll (which makes me lose) and I tend to go out of sync with my left hand anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OTKU
post Jul 26 2005, 12:31 AM
Post #13

Rising in the Sun

I recently AAd V another and I still can't AA Photongenic 7 key and One Or Eight 7 key.

And Safari 150bpm [7], I still fail over half of the time, can't AA, and can't pass on non-random :/

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
TheKnightOfNee
post Jul 26 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #14

LOOKIN AT GIRLZ BUTTZ

DJ Battle This User

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Jul 25 2005, 11:28 PM)
I still don't see what's hard about No.13 [7]. I can't hard clear it or anything, but I've played it four or five times and every time I've ended in the 76% - 86% range (failed the 3rd time, and only the third time). It's no harder to clear than Take it Easy [7] or [A] (which totally isn't an 11*). Take it Easy = No.13 >>> Make A Difference > One or Eight >>> stoic = The Safari = A > Distress

And V [7] is the only REAL 8* I can consistently get an A on. The chords are incredibly easy to time. It's the begining I have trouble with.

And Rislim's rolls are easy.

There's no way Take It Easy is on the same level as No. 13. Take It Easy was something like my 5th or 6th 8 star clear months ago. 8th notes at 205 bpm are not equal to 16th notes at 172 bpm.

As for Distress, WHAT.

--------------------
Twitter: @heyitsRockdan
QUOTE (chickensnack @ Jan 13 2007, 07:11 PM)
The sequel to 2Hot2Eat will be called The Hot and the Eat: Tokyo Drift

+Quote Post
Ryujin
post Jul 27 2005, 11:22 AM
Post #15

Tranoid

DJ Battle This User

I've had some really weird passing situations. Nemesis [7] for instance was my 2nd flashing 7 clear. And PDG [A] was sixth to last and I haven't re-cleared it again. It also took me a while to get used to jackhammers; I didn't pass Love Generation [A] until after Giudecca [A], Blame [A], and Halfway of Promise [A], and even Luv To Me (Ucchie's Edition) [A], which is certainly harder in that department.

Like Jon, I fail Giudecca [A] about 95% of the time.

I suck at timing V on [7] and [A], and Nebula Grasper [7] even though most other people around me have it AAAed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schlagwerk
post Jul 27 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #16

INCLUSIVE EXUBERANCE

DJ Battle This User

Something has come to mind when I was playing 7th Style that I could actually add to this thread.

The second set of drum rolls at the end of Max 300 [L7] (where it goes 757575757.. etc) is the only place where I tend to lose my timing and drop some percentage.

..that same section in the 7 Key where they're pairs of notes is the only place where I _can_ steady raise my percentage...

--------------------
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. All right, give me the bomb."

+Quote Post
Mafia Boss
post Jul 27 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #17

too busy for IIDX

QUOTE(Monster-in-a-box! @ Jul 25 2005, 11:28 PM)
Take it Easy = No.13 >>> Make A Difference > One or Eight >>> stoic = The Safari = A > Distress

Lies!
The only songs I can't pass here are The Safari and A.
Well, I've only passed Distress once, but that's really just a gimmick. Make a Difference is just a gimmick too, but a much easier one.

+Quote Post
Mistykz
post Jul 27 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #18

Rising in the Sun

DJ Battle This User

the only thing no.13 has going for it is the speed, which for me, wears my hands out (seems weird, talking about stamina in a hands/fingers game)
but still, one or eight is LOADS easier for me, the scratches in there are very easy, for me, just because of the keys that go with them
i can also keep a healthy hard gauge on 1or8, whereas on no.13 i can clear it, but i hit 10-20% quite often

--------------------
QUOTE("Azure")
Kamikaze[A] and No. 13[7K] are N O T H I N G compared to the ass-raping known as V[7K].

+Quote Post
blah
post Jul 27 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #19

Tranoid

Normal clear: No. 13 <<<<< One or Eight
Hard clear: One or Eight <<<<< No. 13

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Happy man
post Jul 28 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #20

Rising in the Sun

IN HERE I SPEAK OF NON-RANDOM

V is impossible for me and it is the only song I have not cleared on 5th style 7k and [a].

I've gotten 78% once on A 7k but now it's always in the 30-60% area.

Kakumei is almost clearable now and I find Abyss(THM)[a] easier to clear than the 7k with normal gauge ohmy.gif

And whats so hard about war game[a], all you need is HS-4 with towel. cool.gif

I mean Com'mon[/Seinfeld]

+Quote Post

61 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd June 2018 - 03:59 AM