IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Migration Complete, If you're reading this, welcome to my contry. Again.
Himiko
post Jun 12 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Yes, we're back. I've set up a new server, re-migrated the forums (from the VJA database, in the state we left it on June 5th) and I've redone most of the configuration changes that I originally made before our previous server had its unfortunate accident. If I've forgotten anything, let me know - but otherwise, let's just move on and pretend the last week never happened. Because as far as this forum is concerned, it didn't! I apologise again for any inconvenience the extended downtime or two days' worth of lost posts may have caused and let's all hope nothing like this ever happens again.

I did the migration myself this time (if someone would like to pay me $60 they are more than welcome!) and even managed to preserve our Unicode too. However, due to a hilarious mistake made during the migration process that I didn't actually realise had happened until I was already halfway through configuring the new forum, all instances of the string "latin" throughout the forums were inadvertently changed to "utf8" (yes, even poor Platinumhawke had been forcibly renamed to Putf8umhawke). I fixed up PH's name and went through editing a few of the changed posts then realised it would take forever and left it alone for now. So if you see an old post referring to "utf8 beats" or something then that is why.

A quick refresher of the main rules, as before:
  • Don't be a jerk. Don't be horribly obnoxious, obsessive or annoying. Please refrain from randomly attacking or trolling other people for no reason. Don't cause or import drama.
  • Don't post NWS or even borderline NWS content. Fairly self explanatory. Don't post anything you would be uncomfortable with your boss seeing in a typical professional environment.
  • Do post your topics in the appropriate forum. Topics that do not fit in a particular forum may be moved.

Beyond that, just use your common sense (if you wouldn't have done it on VJA, don't do it here either) and carry on!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jun 12 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #2

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Also, I've re-enabled the data that appears under your name (DJ Battle This User, etc), with just a basic "View User Page" placeholder until we get sig images working again. Note that you will need to update the field in your profile with your new S3 user ID before it will show up (I wiped the contents of those fields for everyone because they were pointing to the old VJA/PNN IDs, which are different). You can leave the Pop'n one alone for now as it won't do anything until the Pop'n Division is up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 01:01 AM