IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Connecting Pop'n Dao to PC
afrogeoff
post Dec 18 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

Alright, so I recently purchased a Pop'n Dao controller to use with my ps2 CS versions, but now, I'd like to try using it on my PC with some pop'n emulators.
I've tried my ps2 to pc USB adaptor, and everything seems to work great except for one button that missfires (right-most yellow button). I am currently trying to solve this issue (might be an axis issue as it appears on my Game Controllers section in control panel).

I have the PCI Parallel Adaptor, that came with the controller, as well. I'm trying to install it right now but I am unsure of what drivers or software I may need so my computer can recognize it.

Please! If you have the solution to this or know how to connect the controller using the PCI Parallel adaptor, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

afrogeoff

This post has been edited by afrogeoff: Dec 18 2008, 02:47 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stsung
post Dec 18 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

I was wondering the same thing about the parallel adapter. On DJ Dao site there is written that you should have gotten a DVD/CD with the drivers so then you can connect the controller via the PCI parallel adapter. But I did not get those drivers and I own all the dao controllers...so well (never bother to make it work as the ps2 to usb convertor works fine for me)

I use Dragon PC Double Powerbox 2 (SAM-PCDPB2) / HVG PS2 to USB Converter and everything works fine. (boom converter, trio linker have worked for me as well - without lag, but I had issues with both => disconnecting of the controller in the middle of gameplay)

the adapters that should work can be found here => http://www.stepmania.com/wiki/USB_Adapters

--------------------

+Quote Post
afrogeoff
post Dec 18 2008, 08:41 AM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

I may have found the solution!!!!! Whoever plans on using the PCI Parallel Adaptor, they should look up the PSXPAD software.
After installation, I've fixed my axis issue by selecting button mode, instead of axis mode....

Heres the link Just perfect!
Ensure that you have the adaptor connected before installing. Your computer should find the drivers during installation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stsung
post Dec 19 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

I'll try it thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DJdjNASA
post Jan 22 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #5

Evergreen

It's because, that button is mapped to activate when up isn't being pressed. If you go into control panel and Gamepad options you can recalibrate it so it press up whenever you press it, Rather than always being pressed up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 06:18 AM