IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving up to an ASC!, Also, score ettiquite.
Axem Rangers
post Jun 29 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Banned Routine

So, my ASC came today, and I've played on it for several hours on Pop'n 10, 8, 9 and Iroha. I'm able to pass some 30's, but not all of them, and some random charts just seem to be giving me trouble, either due to chords (I have really small girly hands) or quick switching between the right and left sides. Also, quick scales have become incredibly difficult (Lesson Hyper), and they weren't easy to begin with. So, I'm looking for general tips, techniques, excercises, patterns to play etc. to help me get used to the new setup. I know it's sort of a vauge, general question, but I didn't anticipate the jump from a mini to an ASC would be this severe.

Oh, also, as I'm now on an ASC, am I supposed to nuke my scores and start from scratch on Pop'n Navy, or is there no problem with leaving them? I might nuke them in-game, anyway... Is there a way to do that (shy of deleting your save files)?

Thanks!

--------------------
I respond so fast I might break the prison glass.
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
QUOTE (_ηρα @ Jul 13 2008, 05:15 AM) *
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yahoodood
post Jun 30 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

What i found with quick scales is using your middle finger and thumb to press the buttons like if you were doing chromatic scales on the piano.
for me, this is the only (accurate timingwise) way to do it.

It takes practice, but I wonder if your hands are *really* that small. Hopefully you're exaggerating a bit and you should have no problem doing this and I provided a bit of help.

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jun 30 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #3

Banned Routine

Yeah, I know what you're talking about, and I'm sort of able to do it, but it's going to require some serious practice. I need to find a pattern with lots of slow(er) scales for me to practice over and over on. Anyone have a suggestion?

--------------------
So you're saying you should be able to act like this to a forum administrator, or a teacher, or a police officer, or your own parents and get away with it. You're supposed to respect these folks.

If you or a friend has the Sailor Moon S (uncut) boxset, or any of the Sailor Moon movies (uncut), and would like to sell or trade them, please contact me!
The way I see it, me and Axem are lucky in that we have around 4 years to avoid becoming an utter fuckup like you. It's a nice feeling, being young.

+Quote Post
yahoodood
post Jul 1 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

Twee Pop Hyper and if you're able to do it Special Cooking Hyper have lots of scales.

just slow em' down if you can't do them. Twee pop has a ton i believe... I need to check a little more, but the beginning of asian concerto 9(?) is just one big scale. I'll try to find some more for you.

For some reason when I was getting used to the quick side switching Eurobeat Hyper helped a lot. Try those... hopefully they'll help me as much as they did you.

Maybe we can be rivals.. i'm in the low 30's range and athletic meet is horribly overrated.

This post has been edited by yahoodood: Jul 1 2006, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post
Axem Rangers
post Jul 2 2006, 07:01 AM
Post #5

Banned Routine

Thanks a lot! I always forget about slowing stuf down in Training... -_-;;

As for being rivals, I'd say OK, but that would mean I'd have to delete all my mini scores, huh? (Is there a way to delete in-game scores, without nuking your saves?) Also, there's something wrong with my right side blue button, where every once in a while it doesn't trigger. >.> I wanna get that fixed, first. (Waiting on some tech help from Steve right now.)

Thank you for the offer, though. :D We'll see how things go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yahoodood
post Jul 2 2006, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Dazzlin' Darlin

Special Cooking Hyper has some crazy amounts of side switching and scales.

I doubt you can do it full speed so use Towel training mode for that. (goddamned middle being so hard to read...)

I really don't mind your mini scores but you're whooping my ass on them.
Hmm... we'll have to find some sort of solution for this rival thing.

mm. I posted something in your ASC topic for the blue button. Hope it helps!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2020 - 12:42 AM