39 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mashup Madness, This is FUCKED UP.
mrguitar
post Oct 23 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Dazzlin' Darlin

*ahem*

From a few months ago: Schlagwerk (Dark Side Mix?)

--------------------
All of my scores are horribly out of date and that may not ever change, but I'm keeping the graphic up for posterity.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Oct 25 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Dazzlin' Darlin

I'm on it.

Edit:
http://rapidshare.de/files/6764093/Sota_vs...imoo-V.mp3.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/6764163/Asletic...r_Gang.mp3.html

If you don't make DWIs I will be sad :-(

--------------------
All of my scores are horribly out of date and that may not ever change, but I'm keeping the graphic up for posterity.

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Oct 26 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #3

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(rmz @ Oct 26 2005, 05:58 AM) *
Hey, would your name happen to be Slake, by any chance?

Hey, I'm just trying to appease Eggman, Blame it on him tongue.gif

I think I'll actually try and do a [semi-]serious one now, as in making the songs actually "mash-up", as it were.

Edit: These are both sort of goofy, I guess, and were done pretty quickly:

Taka vs. E-rotic - Max Don't Have Sex With JSB
Not quite a Bemani Mashup, but it should've been. I just looked in Stepmania, and both of the songs (No. 13 and an edit of Max Don't Have Sex With Your Ex (Grandale Mix) by E-rotic) happened to have the same tempo and key, so I said what the hell. It works really well in some places, sort of falls apart in others.

Orange Lounge vs. Aya - MarmalGde Reve2ie
This one's pretty dissonant, but I thought the contrast of smooth, warm and organic vs. harsh, cold and digital made for a pretty cool result. And the songs sync up pretty well too (aside from the fact that I had to extend Marmalade Reverie's ending a few bars)

I feel like posting all these and giving no feedback on others (or at least mentioning them) is kind of lame, so starting at the verrry beginning..

The Bingo Roaster was entertaining.
Let Them Move (Slake would be proud.)
I've had the R3/Grad Cyber one on my computer for a while, and it is indeed pretty good.
Shakin' on the Floor is pretty cool.
I really liked Pollinosis (DM).
Baby Low was cool, even though I have NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON.
rottel-da-Real is phenomenal.
The 2002nd Coefficient of Gravity.
Slakin' 31 = win.
Distract was very loud.
Although the part right after the beginning sounded a little crowded, and the ending being abrupt, Radical Gravitage was enjoyable.
Cisum Music is probably the winner of this thread though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Oct 26 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(rmz @ Oct 26 2005, 06:01 PM) *
I like Slake, so I said I was kidding wink.gif

100% minimoo-V just made my brain explode is all, haha. There is not a single thing about those songs that makes them work together XD

Haha yeah, agreed on all counts (liking Slake, brain explosion, songs not working together at all)

In retrospect, 100% minimoo-V could've also been a mashup of 100% minimoo-G and More Move, which would be absolutely horrib..wait, AMAZING

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Jan 25 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #5

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(rmz @ Jan 24 2006, 10:10 PM) *
It's a mashup of every PARANOiA (except for the Survivors and Respect, which didn't exist when I made this). I think it works pretty well.

That's pretty ridiculous, cool though. It's funny you should bump this thread, because tonight I did something terrible... I mashed GOB(WS) and The Safari. I think The Safari is a tad overpowering, but still..

Lion Musashi - Get on The Safari

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Jan 26 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #6

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Mafia Boss @ Jan 25 2006, 11:57 PM) *
Heck, I'd like a clean rip of either one of those two. Mashed up is nice too, I guess. But the OSTs only have the slooooow versions.

I actually used the slow versions and sped the whole thing up to 150 bpm in Cool Edit when I was done :X

I could theoretically speed up the OST versions too, but I don't know if it'd be a perfect 150 bpm, as I only have limited experience with Cool Edit's looping and/or stretch features (which is what I used).

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Jul 21 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #7

Dazzlin' Darlin

Seeing the site has inspired me to poke my head out and do some really, really terrible.

I'm not going to ruin the suprise by telling you what it's called

(and you shouldn't ruin it by looking at the filename either, but it's probably inevitable)

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Jul 22 2006, 01:17 AM
Post #8

Dazzlin' Darlin

Thanks, I'm still amazed at how well MGR2 turned out. I only decided to upload Rislexture because the intro sounds pretty awesome, I mean, the rest has some moments, but the intro is just excellent.. if I do say so myself xD

Also, Snowy Music is really, really, good. Makes me smile and laugh, I approve!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Jul 24 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #9

Dazzlin' Darlin

QUOTE(Tau @ Jul 23 2006, 04:00 PM) *
No, you're not.

..Perhaps a System romance/Something Wonderful mashup is in order.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mrguitar
post Aug 8 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #10

Dazzlin' Darlin

something that I thought of doing the other day that I might end up attempting: my summore lovely

--------------------

+Quote Post

39 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2019 - 12:53 PM