IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ASC Troubles, Help me!
~Amadeus~
post May 26 2004, 05:47 AM
Post #1

Rising in the Sun

Lately my ASC controller has got a sticky key, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it for sure without a big risk of me messing up the controller. I'm asking this because before I had this nice ASC I tried to mod my other controller like ryan did, but I totally messed it up. And I really can't afford that to happen with this ASC. If anyone knows anything please help me out! sad.gif

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oogami
post May 26 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #2

Candy Galy

I'm kinda wondering this myself, as I'm kinda afraid one of my keys is gonna start sticking sometime soon and I'd like to fix it ASAP.

--------------------

More people should contribute scores to RetroFuture :>

+Quote Post
Regenesis
post Jun 14 2004, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Evergreen

Make sure everything is clean and assembled tightly...the only reason an ASC would stick is if there were built up gunk in the buttons or if a switch or something came loose and allowed the key to sink in too far.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Oogami
post Jun 16 2004, 07:49 AM
Post #4

Candy Galy

I think what Amadeus is getting at (and what I want to know) is how do you open it up without screwing something up. Is it just as easy as disassembling a regular controller? When it comes to 30000 yen controllers I tend to be kind of a wuss about this kind of thing.

--------------------

More people should contribute scores to RetroFuture :>

+Quote Post
Nomi
post Jun 16 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #5

Rising in the Sun

I've taken mine apart before, to clean the sides of the keys of 'gook', and had no problems. It really wasn't any different than a standard controller. I am mechanically challenged and had no idea what I was doing, even.

You're not going to mess anything up. I had a greater chance of messing up a standard, there were more removable parts. Just unscrew the control deck and pop out the keys. Incredibly simple.

+Quote Post
~Amadeus~
post Jun 19 2004, 08:18 PM
Post #6

Rising in the Sun

Well since mine was sticking so bad I've actually opened it up twice to fix it, and no problems. And oogami and any others who wanted to know it's pretty similar to the other controller except that at the top is a ton of wires connected to the keys and also there are springs inside each key like thing. So if I had the guts to clean the gunk off I'm sure you do too...

--------------------
.音楽生命user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 03:25 PM