> New Forum Feature: View Member's Posts In Topic, And not a moment too soon
Himiko
post Jun 12 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

A new feature has been added to the forums - the long-awaited "View Member's Posts In Topic" feature, also known as "the ? button". This feature will allow you to filter a topic so that all the posts by one person (and one person only) are displayed. This will be especially useful to TWG/Mafia players over in Fun, but it has a myriad of uses besides that you will all be able to experience the thrill of discovering for yourselves. There are two ways to activate this feature - the first is demonstrated in this screenshot from an alternate timeline:

As you can see here, simply click the user's name to open the dropdown menu and choose "View member's posts in topic" to activate.

The other way is through the "who posted" summary that you can bring up by clicking the reply count of a topic from the topic listing:

In this case, clicking a user's postcount will open the topic filtered to just those posts in another window.

Enjoy!

Note: Using this feature may in some cases trigger a mild feeling of deja vu. This is a known issue and is quite harmless.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jun 18 2009, 12:24 AM
Post #2

To See a Butterfly

Is there a way to make it a bit more like SA's where the page numbers adjust accordingly?

If a user has 20 pages of posts in a 100-page topic, it will still show that there are 100 pages while viewing the user's posts (and thus using ยป to skip to the end will bring it to the actual end of the topic).

+Quote Post
Himiko
post Jun 18 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #3

Welcome To My Contry

DJ Battle This User

View User Page
Pop'n Battle This User

Yeah, I noted that problem a little while ago but I'm not so sure how to fix it. Probably an issue with the mod, but IPB's code is pretty arcane.

You can work around it by finding the "st=x" in the URL where 'x' is a number, change it to the number of whatever post you want to start viewing from. So if you're viewing the history of someone with 300 posts and you want to view the last page, at the default 20 posts per page you'd set it to 280.

+Quote Post
Marlie Tang
post Jul 13 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #4

To See a Butterfly

Just wondering if you plan on looking into this further, or if you're gonna force people to use the inconvenient workaround forever btns.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th February 2018 - 05:00 AM