IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

154 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> S3 Mafia 1: The Alliance of Amazing Artists, Game over! :V:ictory!
kevin energy
post Jun 3 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #1021

I think happiness is having something to believe in.

what you're basically saying is "it would be a huge mistake to be ddraholic if ddraholic was scum" which is 100% true, but you seem to be making a logic leap wherein apparently scum don't make huge mistakes ever. this is not true. also even if ddraholic isn't scum, he could still be a sk or other kind of 3rd party killing role.

also this is the second time you've cheerleaded the fuck out of the likely lynch target for the day

who do you think is scum, polarisiidx
I don't give two shits about who you think is town, that information is worthless to me (except to make me more suspicious of you)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post Jun 3 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #1022

the silence speaks volumes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #1023

excessively entitled

QUOTE (kevin energy @ Jun 3 2011, 08:35 PM) *
I don't give two shits about who you think is town, that information is worthless to me (except to make me more suspicious of you)

fuckin' A

polaris has done absolutely nothing all game except name everyone who ever gets voted as town and then proceeds to not scumhunt. polaris is prob scum but if you are by some chance town it is annoying as hell please start playing the game

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #1024

excessively entitled

polaris you are neglecting the fact that ddraholic is so dumb (and is established as being dumb) that he could actually get away with a gambit like this if enough people are likewise dumb to believe "lol scum wouldn't do this. he's town duh!!"

--------------------

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jun 3 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #1025

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE (kevin energy @ Jun 3 2011, 06:35 PM) *
what you're basically saying is "it would be a huge mistake to be ddraholic if ddraholic was scum" which is 100% true, but you seem to be making a logic leap wherein apparently scum don't make huge mistakes ever. this is not true. also even if ddraholic isn't scum, he could still be a sk or other kind of 3rd party killing role.

That's not a very good job or paraphrasing me but I'll forgive you. I didn't say scum don't make huge mistakes, I clearly stated that but said it wasn't as likely so long as he was collaborating with scum mates. I also stated he could be third party/SK but why would he bring so much attention to himself with a role claim? That is a huge mistake for one person to make when he clearly could have kept a significant amount of suspicion down by just not claiming anything. I don't disagree he couldn't have made a mistake, I'm betting on the odds that he didn't (and is just town instead).

also this is the second time you've cheerleaded the fuck out of the likely lynch target for the day

You can also be sure I will defend any future players I don't agree being bandwagoned as well. I've made (in my opinion) very good cases in both instances. I realize that defending town can look scummy because scum all know who is town. If you think this is some game to vindicate myself you are sorely mistaken. If anything it has the possibility to attract suspicion regardless of whether I'm right or wrong. My incentive in doing this is to keep players who I think are town alive so we can have a better chance of lynching the scum.

I'm glad being critical of possible town being lynched is worthless to you. Duly noted.

--------------------
QUOTE(Oni+ @ Nov 4 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Yeah, positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>> negative vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deepbluevibes

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:11 PM
Post #1026

excessively entitled

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 07:10 PM) *
This is so scummy I'm going to strike it from the record.

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 08:00 PM) *
I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that I think DDRaHolic is town.

what the hell

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #1027

excessively entitled

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 09:08 PM) *
I also stated he could be third party/SK but why would he bring so much attention to himself with a role claim?

inexperienced SK who sees that they're bulletproof and cop immune (ie. appears as town) could be how ddraholic is handling such a role

- he'd think it's a good idea to get the thread on his side, have the thread feed him ideas for scum to kill (as a SK is more concerned with killing the scum than anything, otherwise they lose when scum gets majority votes)
- don't have to be afraid of nightkills, and ddr wouldn't expect to be lynched for his posts so far no matter WHAT his alignment may be
- try to attract cop/doc to tie up the doc so his kill works, get the cop to claim at some point in the game that he's town
- "why would a SK make this play? he must not be SK." aka wifom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #1028

excessively entitled

- oh and the biggest point, he can prove his nightkill ability and then stop killing or something on purpose and go "hey sorry I hit a townie" (or continue to kill, as it would be weird if SK kills stopped happening, and then he'd just claim that the kills are no longer his doing)

--------------------

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jun 3 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #1029

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Jun 3 2011, 07:04 PM) *
fuckin' A

polaris has done absolutely nothing all game except name everyone who ever gets voted as town and then proceeds to not scumhunt. polaris is prob scum but if you are by some chance town it is annoying as hell please start playing the game

You aren't supposed to bold text that isn't a vote. emot-colbert.gif

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Jun 3 2011, 07:07 PM) *
polaris you are neglecting the fact that ddraholic is so dumb (and is established as being dumb) that he could actually get away with a gambit like this if enough people are likewise dumb to believe "lol scum wouldn't do this. he's town duh!!"

I didn't neglect the fact that he has made or will make mistakes. I acknowledged it was possible, just not as likely in my opinion given this specific scenario. I don't know why you are so intent on directing the votes/opinions of the town and are quick to dismiss the fact that you might be wrong in yet another instance of metagaming.

--------------------
Yeah, positive vibes >>>>>>>>>>> negative vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deepbluevibes

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #1030

excessively entitled

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 09:18 PM) *
You aren't supposed to bold text that isn't a vote. emot-colbert.gif

that rule is almost as dumb as mafiascum's "lol don't use colored text" but fine

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shane
post Jun 3 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #1031

The Shadow

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 09:08 PM) *
You can also be sure I will defend any future players I don't agree being bandwagoned as well. I've made (in my opinion) very good cases in both instances. I realize that defending town can look scummy because scum all know who is town. If you think this is some game to vindicate myself you are sorely mistaken. If anything it has the possibility to attract suspicion regardless of whether I'm right or wrong. My incentive in doing this is to keep players who I think are town alive so we can have a better chance of lynching the scum.

I'm glad being critical of possible town being lynched is worthless to you. Duly noted.

You are scum. Attacking cases rather than players is what scum do. It's easy to defend anybody for anything. Making a case on somebody is hard and it leaves you open to analysis and because there are always some inconsistencies made, then it ends up looking bad. Krystal's right about you, you never go after anyone, you simply call everyone town and attack every case.

You are scum.

##vote: PolarisIIDX

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jun 3 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #1032

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Jun 3 2011, 07:16 PM) *
inexperienced SK who sees that they're bulletproof and cop immune (ie. appears as town) could be how ddraholic is handling such a role

- he'd think it's a good idea to get the thread on his side, have the thread feed him ideas for scum to kill (as a SK is more concerned with killing the scum than anything, otherwise they lose when scum gets majority votes)
- don't have to be afraid of nightkills, and ddr wouldn't expect to be lynched for his posts so far no matter WHAT his alignment may be
- try to attract cop/doc to tie up the doc so his kill works, get the cop to claim at some point in the game that he's town
- "why would a SK make this play? he must not be SK." aka wifom

Sure that's plausible, but it's also not likely. You create several different wild theories as to why he could be scum/SK and refuse to believe his "mistake" could have been claiming the role he actually has.

If his goal was to avoid night kills as an SK then this is a good way to do it (scum might not kill a target the town will go after). However, now he is a very viable lynch target as you have shown already. I don't know why a cop/doc would waste their time with him for reasons I stated earlier. I also stand by the statement that it's not a play a SK would likely do because there's a good chance he's going to be lynched.

QUOTE (Marlie Tang @ Jun 3 2011, 07:17 PM) *
- oh and the biggest point, he can prove his nightkill ability and then stop killing or something on purpose and go "hey sorry I hit a townie" (or continue to kill, as it would be weird if SK kills stopped happening, and then he'd just claim that the kills are no longer his doing)

Or why not say anything at all? It's pretty obvious with all the ideas everyone is throwing around about the night kill suspicion that nobody would be the wiser if the pattern changed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #1033

excessively entitled

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 09:18 PM) *
I don't know why you are so intent on directing the votes/opinions of the town and are quick to dismiss the fact that you might be wrong in yet another instance of metagaming.

no kidding I could be wrong, so could everyone else (even the actual scum could be wrong about the SK or whatever) - what's the point of saying this? I am simply voicing my opinion and it's okay to be wrong, like with cata. it's unfortunate but life goes on etc.

also metagaming only makes up a fraction of the case against ddraholic, at least 2/3 of the suspicion is from his current post history

since you are a personal suspect of mine I would love to see you talk about every player, not just ddraholic and I. who do you think is scum and why? do you think anyone is scum?

everything you just said in your last post about ddraholic is "well, I don't think he's the SK. or scum. he seems town to me, I'd hate to see townies lynched..." (once again as if you already know the flip)

--------------------

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post Jun 3 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #1034

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 08:08 PM) *

polaris buddy I'm gonna give you a real good way of raising the chances that we lynch scum ok it's a tip from one veteran to another aight cuz we know each other from old times man, old times
get ready for it

get

fuckin

ready

are you ready

here it is:

post who you think is scum

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shane
post Jun 3 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #1035

The Shadow

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ May 31 2011, 03:01 PM) *
I originally wanted to go over Shane's other post but there were a lot of similarities in the suspicions so I'll just save people the wall of text.

I just don't find Catastrophe too scummy right now. I'm surprised the fact that he has never played scum is even really mentioned. Playing scum has always felt easier for me and I just don't see Catastrophe having huge amounts of difficulty making that transition. I think the fact was being played up more than it should have been.

I'm also a little surprised Krazy's claim about investigating Catastrophe didn't do much. I felt that at the very least having Catastrophe's claims backed up by Krazy would have put him in a better light. Catastrophe (if scum) could have done a lot better at shifting pressure than claiming "I had a role, it did nothing!" but that's what was claimed because that seems to be exactly what happened.

There are a couple of votes on Catastrophe that I'm very suspicious of (Twan, Blust).

##vote BLUST OF WIND

You currently have the second highest amount of votes and makes you at least an alternative target. I was originally going to vote sir nabsalot after reading this post which was three days ago but at least if I vote for Blust I don't feel like I'm throwing my vote away. I originally didn't like your post justifying why you voted for Catastrophe (which is strange since that was one of the few posts that had any substance up until that point) and your more recent posts give me nothing to work with.

Ahhhh. This and your other vote are basically. "you're voting for this guy and I don't like how you voted because I think the person you voted for is town. You are OMGUSing vicariously. You are so scummy. I don't want to do a post analysis of you because you have a lot of posts and it would take forever but jesus get lynched already. I'm amazed I didn't notice you before.

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jun 3 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #1036

excessively entitled

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 05:35 PM) *
It's kind of hard not to immediately respond to Krystal (even when I'm literally running out the door) because I had a feeling I would come back later and find out I was lynched or something. I didn't have a chance to properly scum hunt but I intend to look over everything in a little bit more detail now.

holy self-preservation batman (which is what scum are concerned with more than town :mafia101:)

are you concerned about me supposedly being "intent on directing the votes/opinions of the town and quick to dismiss the fact that you might be wrong" because I'm actually right about you being scum and you're trying to ward off votes early in the day or something? it's not like you'd magically get hammered with 10 votes in like 24 hours after the day goes up anyway so what are you so worried about

also you never "properly scumhunted" yet, you are just dodging any namedrops and analyses except practical lynch targets

--------------------

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jun 3 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #1037

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE (Shane @ Jun 3 2011, 07:25 PM) *
You are scum. Attacking cases rather than players is what scum do. It's easy to defend anybody for anything. Making a case on somebody is hard and it leaves you open to analysis and because there are always some inconsistencies made, then it ends up looking bad. Krystal's right about you, you never go after anyone, you simply call everyone town and attack every case.

You are scum.

##vote: PolarisIIDX

Obviously I'm opening myself up to analysis if you feel comfortable voting for me for defending town (or players I think are town). I've already said my position is somewhat a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" and it certainly hasn't vindicated me as being town. If I had stronger suspicions about specific players I would definitely be more active in pursuing those ideas. It just so happens the posts that stand out to me are the two most vocal players guiding the town into votes which often include far too much metagaming. These are the posts I find the most suspicious.

I conceded DDRaHolic said some suspicions things that didn't quite make sense to me so I went back to examine all the posts in more detail. I didn't agree with the suspicions on him (as was the case with Catastrophe) so I clearly stated why and I still haven't heard a good reason why that isn't the case other than "DDRaHolic is dumb." If I was scum I could have done a much better job blending in by just going along with you and Krystal and never having to actually think for myself which the scum probably are doing (if they are voting/active at all). Or is that scummy because it's a WIFOM statement?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kevin energy
post Jun 3 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #1038

no dammit shut up about yourself for a while just say who you think is scum
do it now fuck you do it now

--------------------

+Quote Post
PolarisIIDX
post Jun 3 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #1039

Trollslayer +1

QUOTE (kevin energy @ Jun 3 2011, 07:41 PM) *
no dammit shut up about yourself for a while just say who you think is scum
do it now fuck you do it now

I think you are scum

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shane
post Jun 3 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #1040

The Shadow

QUOTE (PolarisIIDX @ Jun 3 2011, 09:38 PM) *
Obviously I'm opening myself up to analysis if you feel comfortable voting for me for defending town (or players I think are town). I've already said my position is somewhat a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" and it certainly hasn't vindicated me as being town. If I had stronger suspicions about specific players I would definitely be more active in pursuing those ideas. It just so happens the posts that stand out to me are the two most vocal players guiding the town into votes which often include far too much metagaming. These are the posts I find the most suspicious.

I conceded DDRaHolic said some suspicions things that didn't quite make sense to me so I went back to examine all the posts in more detail. I didn't agree with the suspicions on him (as was the case with Catastrophe) so I clearly stated why and I still haven't heard a good reason why that isn't the case other than "DDRaHolic is dumb." If I was scum I could have done a much better job blending in by just going along with you and Krystal and never having to actually think for myself which the scum probably are doing (if they are voting/active at all). Or is that scummy because it's a WIFOM statement?

No it isn't really opening yourself up because you can do exactly what you're doing. You can be like well I didn't really think he was scum look I was right that's why I didn't vote him!! Whether or not it you think it confirms your alignment or gives you ~*town cred*~ it's still fucking scummy as shit to never post anything except "I don't buy this case I think that guy's town" and then patting yourself on the back when he flips.

You're 100% scum.

+Quote Post

154 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 09:49 PM