IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

162 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zero Escape: Mafia Edition, GAME OVER! Town Wins!
Pidgey
post Jan 27 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #1

The Shadow

Why do people…
…Betray each other?
If you can’t trust anyone…
… then everyone should DIE!

¤ Starter Notes ¤
Welcome, welcome all, to the game of mafia which rules I’ve stolen from cyghfer’s game… with heavy modifications. I hope you all enjoy playing in it, and as a matter of fact I’m not even sure on just how balanced this will turn out to be, but at least I hope you have fun. Don’t expect a lot of whackyness but do expect new roles you haven’t seen applied at other games before. Also expect a bit of new mechanics that will, hopefully, make this an exciting game rather than a dumb one that I sucked at. I first wanted to just run a more traditional setup but for the sake of fun and whatever I went with this.

If you want more general information about anything mafia-related, feel free to browse this helpful wiki.

Since everyone in this game has played on this forum before, I assume everyone has a basic gist of how the game works.

Here are notable changes to this game's setup in comparison to other past games (READ THESE):
  • There is no deadline lynch. If no player has been hammered when the deadline has been reached, a no-lynch will occur.
  • Days will typically last ~140 hours (6 days), and nights will typically last ~48 hours. This may vary accordingly depending on what time of the day the hammer occurs.
  • 1-shot or otherwise limited-use investigative abilities WILL be depleted if the user receives the failure limerick upon use.
  • Hammer cannot occur during the first 48 hours of the day. This is to prevent something that I’ll go into in a bit. This will only work for the first 4 day games, though.
  • Should a daykill happen in the 2nd half of the game day will, in addition to extending the day ~48 hours, disables the hammer for only ~24 hours instead of disabling it for the remainder of the game day.
  • There are items involved in this game. You can only use 1 at a time though. That action is independent to your own abilities (if any).
  • Although nights last 48 hours, please try to send me your actions as soon as you can so that I can sort them through. I might have to extend the opening of a day a bit if I don’t have all the actions ~8 hours before day opening. Also, all actions need to be submitted via PM in the forum.
  • Again, I TRIED to balance this as much as I can, give me a fucking break if you think something is dumb and just play along until the end.

¤ Set-up specific mechanics ¤
    Here are specific rules about a certain mechanic to this game's setup in comparison to other past games (READ THESE):
  • If you have played the game Zero Escape: Virtue’s last reward, the following will be somewhat familiar to you but different. I really wanted to implement this sort of mechanic somehow so here it is. I wanted to implement it in a much heavier way but I think the way I handled is enough for the type of game.
  • Everyone wakes up inside an underground facility with 4 floors.
  • All players wear a bracelet.
  • Player's bracelets shows how what color they are, and if they are SOLO or PAIR
  • This color and SOLO/PAIR message will change at the start of any day.
  • Colors can be Blue, Green, Red, White, and Black.
    Green, red, and Blue colors can be SOLO and PAIR. This means 1 person will be wearing a blue SOLO bracelet and 2 will be wearing a PAIR bracelet.
    White and Black can only be SOLO.
    With a 15 player game, this means that 3 players will be having a color at a given time.
  • Dead players’s bracelets will also be rolled out and used once they are gone. If you pair up with a dead player, you’ll just carry his bracelet around. SOLO bracelets belonging to dead players will be randomed out once the choosing deadline is over.
  • The bracelets use is this: Each floor in the facility has 3 Locked Doors labeled A, B, and C. Their respective colors are Red, Green, and Blue. Once a hammer or a deadline is achieved, the doors are free to be unlocked. Only 4 people may enter a Locked Door (1 SOLO and 1 PAIR (2 people) of different colors, and 1 SOLO white bracelet which acts as a wild). Players in an invalid Locked Door combination will be penalized.
  • Although the doors can only be unlocked until after a hammer, the decision as to which door you are going through must be done before the first 48 hours of any day are done.
  • Black bracelets get to choose no door and will stay at night in the main floor area.
  • As far as how to choose, it’s going to be first come first serve. As long as you respect the following rules:
    1.- You cannot choose a door that someone of your same color has already chosen. (If you are blue SOLO and a blue PAIR has already chosen the Red door, you can’t choose it)
    2.- Red, Blue, and Green SOLO cannot enter a Locked Door of their given color. Same rules applies to PAIR. (Following the example above, if only the Green and Blue door were vailable, you’d have to choose the the Green door).
    3.- White SOLOs can choose any door as long as another White SOLO has not chosen it.
    4.- Black SOLOs cannot get inside a Locked Door.
    5.- If you are in a PAIR, the first player of the pair who chooses a door gets preference.
    6.- Once you choose a door, and your pick does not contradict any of the rules above, there’s no going back in your decision.
    7.- You will choose a door by doing ##Pick Door 1 for example.
  • After each night, you’ll move to a different floor with different kind of rooms until night four. After that, the nights will be regular.
  • The rooms you choose will work as neighborhoods, so you’ll be able to talk with the players you are with at any given night. I’ll provide a quicktopic for this (mostly cause I can’t be in the interwebs 24/7 and I want to know what’s happening. You can PM a player in IRC and tell the you want to talk in the quicktopic or whatever). Black bracelets work as a neighborhood too. The neighborhood lasts for that specific night only.
  • Also more importantly, some rooms might have items. As far as you know there can be an item for everyone or none at all. If there’s at least one item, you’ll all be given a chance to get one by having empty chests (Meaning, if there’s an item in a room, there will always be at least 4 chests). This is again first come first serve. Not every item is guaranteed to work 100%, if at all. What you get in the items will be known to everyone in the room.
  • The chests need to be distributed equally. What this means is that if there are 3 persons alive in a room, one chest will be left locked. If there are 2 persons alive in a room, they can take 2 items each. If you are the only one alive in a room, you can’t get more than 2 items.
  • You need to choose the chests on the first 24 hours of the night or they will be randomly distributed. You also will be able to use the items you get from that night, too.
  • There might be other hidden implications for both your colors and the locked doors you get or choose, so keep that in mind.
  • After you are done with floor 4, you’ll stay there for the rest of the game until a side is declared as the winner. Even if the colors on your bracelet will change, your neighborhood will keep being the one you chose at day 4.

For players with doubts about the mechanics or who feel they have an unconventional roles feel free to ask me anything, as far as I know I might have made a mistake even if I read this thing a bunch of times. And there might be some points of confusion regarding these roles. Furthermore, newer players might not be aware of standard protocol regarding abilities and such in mafia games. Please ask! I may not give any answer if it would be unfair to other players to do so, but I don't want anyone to feel like they did not do as well as they could have due to lack of knowledge.

I'm not going to post a list of standard/common mafia tropes, as I don't want to influence people one way or another toward thinking a particular thing is a particular way this game, and I don't think that that kind of thing should be in a game's OP anyway. Others may do so in this game or elsewhere if they want.

However, do be mindful of these general maxims. Any ability can be associated with ANY alignment, no exceptions. A player can have several different individual abilities, and sub-properties of any of said abilities. Although it is advised not to try to metagame the setup in general, it IS a fact that I have tried to balance the setup as best as I could (no promises here whatsoever though), so you are welcome to try to use this fact to guess at aspects of the setup if you so desire.

¤ Player List¤

ALIVE

5. BossCrab TAC, Town Thief, wins at endgame!
14. Toph Catastrophe II Dr. Wily, Town Conditioned Cop, wins at endgame!

LEFT TO A BETTER WORLD

7. Catastrophe - King Dedede, Town 1-shot vigilante, lynched day 1.
1. Atari - The Skull Kid, Town Reporter/Limited Tracker, burned alive n1.
10. Marlie Tang - Mafia Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Ninja/Self-Watcher/????, lynched Day 2
2. bapple cider vinegar- Bowser, Town Macho Bodyguard, burned alive n2.
4. Blust Of Wind Protoman, Town universal Backup, lynched d3.
11. Mazrim Mafia Wesker, Godfather/JackOfAllTrades/???? lynched Day 4
8. Cyghfer ????, Dracula, ????, desintegrated into nothingness night 4! Dracula, Town Dual Roleblocker/Doctor, revealed post game!
3. Big C Mafia Black Mage, Janitor/Bodyswitcher/???? lynched Day 5
9. Grayfox9996 Lee Gary Oak, Town Ascetic/Room Explorer, lynched d6.
12. Shane Katrina, Town Tarot Reader Saint, chocked to death n6.
15. Twan Spineshark Kefka, Town Special Empowerer, lynched d7.
13. Sync Akuma, Town Item Grave Finder, chocked to death n7.
6. Carl Sagan Zero, Self-Alligned Triggered Serial Killer/GameMaster/????, lynched day 8!

MODKILLED

None yet... Keep it that way.

¤ Important dates¤

Day 1 Starts
Day 1 lynch - Catastrophe Town
Day 2 starts! Atari - Town, is dead
Day 2 lynch, Marlie Tang scum
Day 3 starts! bapple cider vinergar, town, is dead!
Day 3 lynch! Blust of wind, town, is lynched!
Day 4 starts! No one died this night!
Day 4 lynch! Mazrim, the mafia godfather, is taken down!
Day 5 starts, Cyghfer, ????, dead!
Day 5 lynch! Big C, he was scum!
Day 6 starts! Everyone's a-ok!
Day 6 lynch, Lee is done for.
Day 7 starts, and shane is dead.
Day 7 lynch, its spineshark and its town!
Day 8, the last one! Sync is chocked to death!
ENDING! Carl, the triggered SK, is lynched!

¤ Rules ¤
¤ Contact ¤
AIM: MM880208 (never there lol)
IRC: Pidgey7 on either synirc.net or irc.speedrunslive.com
Email: The easiest way to contact me is to write me a PM on the forum. SRSLY.

¤ Rules ¤
Please keep lurking to a minimum. Don't lurk at all, preferably. I invited players to this game that I trust will be active throughout the game, but should you drop below an arbitrary, not-too-strict threshold of activity, you may be replaced or modkilled. If you are going out of town or gonna be out for a day or two because of work, tell me and I’m sure we’ll work it out.
Try not to go overboard with personal insults, as this seems to turn off various players. This is generally an honor code-type thing - players are expected to be able to accept criticism or insults (up to a certain point) of themselves, but don't be a huge bitch please.

Standard mafia rules apply otherwise, though I'll be pretty lenient with non-gameplay spectator posts (use or some equivalent, also try to remember to use when hammering please)
Unlike most games, you guys are free to talk about whatever you want and for as long as you want until I close the topic.

¤ Personal Mod Rules ¤
Some of you might have noticed that I’m pretty busy at times. So yeah, I’ll still try to be here as much as I can, but you gotta give me a break at some things.
I probably won’t be able to post Vote counts regularly. You will probably get at least one in the afternoon and one in the night, though.
I might be lame and won’t be closing a hammered topic 12 hours into the last vote because of work so work with me here.
Even if I’ll really try, I cannot promise I’ll 100% be here in time to start of every day at the exact time I said I would. However, I’ll more than likely post here in advance so I don’t have everyone here waiting for me.
MY GRAMMAR SUCKS, MY SPELLING SUCKS. We all know it. It might also make it difficult to explain myself at times, so just ask if you have doubts.
So yeah, in general, just bear with me.

¤ Victory Conditions ¤
Town: You are town-aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Scum: You are scum-aligned and win when your team achieves unassailable dominance over the game.

Other factions may or may not exist. There are no victory conditions directly tied to a lynch.

¤ Cardflips & Flavor ¤
Flavor role, role title, and alignment will be revealed upon death. Certain role titles may not correspond to a standard mafia role like Cop and Roleblocker. No cardflip will contain an explicitly false alignment, but keep in mind that alignment, ability, and/or aspects thereof may not be revealed in a given cardflip for any number of reasons.
I will attempt to post cardflips as soon as I can, even if I have to provide flavor later.
Nightkills may be performed in addition to any other abilities the player may have, regardless of alignment.

Only investigative roles will be told if their action fails. If it does, they won't be told why, but will instead receive this pithy poem written by Tao Jones:
CODE
There once was a Mafia game
Where people's actions all failed the same
They got this verse
And let out a curse
That nothing of their night action became!

You will NOT be able to repeat a one-shot or otherwise limited use action, regardless of it is investigative or otherwise.

¤ Voting & Lynching ¤
This game will NOT have deadline lynches. A player must be hammered before the end of the deadline, or a no-lynch will occur at the end of the day. More than half of all living players must be voting for a player in order for that player to be hammered. For instance, if 15 players are alive, 8 votes are needed to hammer; if 8 players are alive, 5 votes are needed to hammer.
You cannot hammer someone for the first 4 game days before 48 hours go by.

¤ Deadlines ¤
Days will last for a standard baseline of ~148 hours (6 days). Hammer cannot occur in the first 48 hours.
Hammer rules are the same as they have been before. Someone can have enough votes to be hammered before it can be activated, but if enough people unvote before the hammer ends then they wont be lynched on hammer deadline. If no one does, they'll be automatically hammered.
Choosing which door to go through has to be done in the first 48 hours. If not, whoever didn’t choose will get one door at random.
Nights will last for a standard baseline of ~48 hours after the cardflip, though this may change depending on what time of the day the hammer occurs.
If you foresee yourself being unable to submit your night action(s) it is strongly advised that you submit night actions in advance, including conditional night actions if applicable. If I haven't heard anything from you when the night's deadline hits, you will default to taking no action.

--------------------

Don't get near me
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jan 27 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #2

excessively entitled

first

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jan 27 2014, 01:03 AM
Post #3

excessively entitled

lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Schala
post Jan 27 2014, 01:05 AM
Post #4

excessively entitled

look at all those posts

--------------------

+Quote Post
BossCrab
post Jan 27 2014, 01:05 AM
Post #5

Gunshit

gay

+Quote Post
sync
post Jan 27 2014, 01:06 AM
Post #6

The Shadow

lmao

Illegal edit: Oh he fixed it w/e

+Quote Post
BigC
post Jan 27 2014, 01:07 AM
Post #7

Candy Galy

DJ Battle This User

FIRST PAGE BITCH

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pidgey
post Jan 27 2014, 01:09 AM
Post #8

The Shadow

Will add Player list + other dumb shit later.

--------------------

Don't get near me

+Quote Post
cyghfer
post Jan 27 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #9

Candy Galy

8- D

--------------------
So long.

I will watch it after a dream.

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Jan 27 2014, 02:14 AM
Post #10

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

pidgay

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
bapple cider vin...
post Jan 27 2014, 02:14 AM
Post #11

The Village of the Lovers of Heckran

i have slowly read everything....

--------------------

hualep ola whef

+Quote Post
Shane
post Jan 27 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #12

The Shadow

My only concern for this setup is the amount of OOT communication that you're allowing. In my experience, a lot of OOT communication almost always allows a person or group of people to break the game open. Especially for the first game you run this seems a bit dangerous but hopefully you have it all figured out.

also get sum bitches im gonna be sigma the dashing protagonist with charming good looks and an attitude to match

e: also OOT communication means a lot of the game happens outside the thread.

+Quote Post
Pidgey
post Jan 27 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #13

The Shadow

I hope the plenty of experiences that have happened in our games (lol smrpg, lol mafia 4) make everyone not be dumb.

I hope that making them quicktopics (which im also using for my own benefit lol) will also make people think twice about what they post.

I can't say more about my intentions etc.

After all
If you can’t trust anyone…
… then everyone should DIE!

--------------------

Don't get near me

+Quote Post
Pidgey
post Jan 27 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #14

The Shadow

(also if its not clear in there, the QTs will only be open at nights)

--------------------

Don't get near me

+Quote Post
cyghfer
post Jan 27 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #15

Candy Galy

ok so there are 1 floors 2 floors red doors blue doors chests items that do something or nothing or many things and we're all neighbors cool. cool

--------------------
So long.

+Quote Post
BossCrab
post Jan 27 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #16

Gunshit

idk how this forum works are "quicktopics" visible to everyone or what

coz if its just like a normal topic on the forum that just happens to be open at night, and not like irc PMs or messages or something its probably not that broken

+Quote Post
cyghfer
post Jan 27 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #17

Candy Galy

he's talking about this: http://www.quicktopic.com/

--------------------
So long.

+Quote Post
BossCrab
post Jan 27 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #18

Gunshit

oh

then idk why hes like "itll make u think about what u post if its in a topic!!" if its still OOT that nobody other than u and ur masonbuddies can see

+Quote Post
Pidgey
post Jan 27 2014, 01:37 PM
Post #19

The Shadow

People are more stupid in IRC from what Ive seen.

--------------------

Don't get near me

+Quote Post
Pidgey
post Jan 27 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #20

The Shadow

Might be sending Role PMs tonight so tune in for that!

--------------------

Don't get near me

+Quote Post

162 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 05:16 AM